1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Lists of Caveman2Cosmos

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by kiwitt, Nov 8, 2012.

1. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

I am considering creating a 1936 scenario based on Caveman2Cosmos.

However, before I can commence this massive task, I need some basic info about Caveman2Cosmos. Using the Civilopedia is not practical, as a lot of my work will be within text tiles.

What I need as as follows;

1) Full list of resources, both natural and produced
    2) Full list of nations and their leaders
    3) Full list of religions, civics, etc
    4) Full list of technologies
    5) Full list of buildings and Wonders
    6) Full list of units
    7) Full list of promotions

I tried using EXCEL to extract from XML, and I can't get it to work. Plus there are additional buildings in the modules. I would have thought someone may actually have this available.

I am sure many of you will have seen my RtW historical and the level of detail, I placed in that. So a 1936 scenario based on GEM map and Caveman2Cosmos while large would be awesome.

2. kiwitt

OK did a bit of searching. I may have to do this via the Civilopedia, to get what I need.

3. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

If you have logging activated, one of the map scripts uses MST which logs quite some info into PythonDbg.log including a list of terrains, features, resources, improvements and technology.

Small example:
    Spoiler :

[MST] |Bonus#| Bonus |Count |Health|Happy |Strat|Yields |Revealed Tech, Era
    [MST] +------+----------------------------+------+------+------+-----+--------|------------------
    [MST] | 0 | BONUS_BARLEY | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 2, 0, 1| Grain Gathering, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 1 | BONUS_CORN | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Grain Gathering, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 2 | BONUS_POTATO | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Grain Gathering, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 3 | BONUS_RICE | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Grain Gathering, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 4 | BONUS_WHEAT | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Grain Gathering, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 5 | BONUS_BISON | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Scavenging, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 6 | BONUS_COW | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Dog Breeding, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 7 | BONUS_DEER | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Scavenging, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 8 | BONUS_KANGAROO | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Scavenging, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 9 | BONUS_PIG | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Animal Husbandry, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 10 | BONUS_SHEEP | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Animal Husbandry, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 11 | BONUS_MAMMOTH | 0 |......|.. 1..|.....| 0, 1, 0| Scavenging, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 12 | BONUS_RABBIT | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Scavenging, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 13 | BONUS_SEA_LIONS | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Scavenging, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 14 | BONUS_WALRUS | 0 |......|......|..X..| 0, 1, 0| Scavenging, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 15 | *BONUS_CLAM | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Trap Fishing, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 16 | *BONUS_CRAB | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Trap Fishing, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 17 | *BONUS_FISH | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Trap Fishing, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 18 | *BONUS_LOBSTER | 0 |......|.. 1..|.....| 1, 0, 1| Trap Fishing, Prehistoric
    [MST] | 19 | *BONUS_SHRIMP | 0 |.. 1..|......|.....| 1, 0, 0| Trap Fishing, Prehistoric

4. kiwitt

I have decided it may be better for me to create master spreadsheet that can be used for all scenario creators. It will not have all the minute detail, but be simply a high level overview of the main things you will need to consider to create scenarios.

Once I have created this high-level framework from the Sevopedia, I can then grant write access to key C2C modders, who can then add any new major items. e.g. a new civilization, new leader, new unit, etc.

Once I have finished it I release it on Google Docs

5. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

Is it even possible to play giant maps in the late game? I think at some point you will reach a point where the 4 GB RAM are totally used.

6. kiwitt

I am hitting 4 GB Ram in my early game. But I am sued to it, with my mod. Just save and reload regularly.

7. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

With viewports activated it should be doable now (as a lot of the memory usage was from graphics).

8. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

can you actually use viewpoints if you have cities in lets say Canada, Australia, Germany, South Africa and China? So spreaded all over the world. Or do they make only sense if your cities are "close" to each other?

9. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

They always make sense on very large maps as you can switch where the viewport looks at whenever you like.

10. kiwitt

How do you enable viewpoints ?

11. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

There is a BUG option to enable Viewports.

12. Randomness

Randomness ...

But you have to reload civ before it will activate.

13. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

There is also a concept page in the Pedia on Viewports but it is outdated in regards to how to activate them (it used to be global defines).

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I used to say Yes but you have to restrict the Number of AI to below 10. In the past I've made it into mid Ren Era with 7-10 AI on a Giant map. But I also have a x64 OS and 8GB of ram, plus I set my Video Performance settings to Custom. I Do Not let windows do it for me.

JosEPh

15. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

I want to create a GEM scenario like Next War, with only 4 Civs. But I think these BIG Empires will build units like rabbits. And I don't want to take the trouble of creating this if it won't run anyway. You thing 4 Players (3 AI) will be ok with Viewpoints, even if they have 10.000 Units each?

16. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

It should be ok from a memory perspective. Once they hit the scale of 10K units each turn times will be somewhat slower though.

17. kiwitt

Given the generic nature of c2c (i.e. to fit multiple eras), I think it is better if I focus on a 2012 scenario, as opposed to a 1940 one.

Does anyone have a list of the World Builder entries you have to place for the "Advanced Diplomacy" e.g Establish Embassy, etc. This would be helpful.

18. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Is this thread and user, debunked??