Little things you'd like to see in Civilization VII

On the subject of little things, would like to see the jersey system kept for Civilization VII. Not sure why it's not been popular among the playerbase from what I've seen.

On the subject of little things, would like to see the jersey system kept for Civilization VII. Not sure why it's not been popular among the playerbase from what I've seen.
That's one of my biggest peeves about Civ 6. They got rid of unique colors that I enjoyed such as the red ochre color for Aztecs and rose-colored red for Poland etc.
If they do bring it back, it should be optional for players.

There's a lot of things about civ 5's icon style design that I just prefer over civ 6. The flat white on grey and simple jerseys look pretty sad compared to the glossy, embossed colours of the older icons:
1685222133822.png

Sounds too much like a simulation and not a game.
A little bit of simulation is what Civ needs. Although this is too much of a change for Civ, not little in any case. I apologize for posting this in the wrong area.

For a 'little' change, please bring back Civ IV's ancient-era soundtrack.

But as a game mode, or game start option, or as its own game, definitely interesting to try,

could also be made into a game mod.

A little bit of simulation is what Civ needs. Although this is too much of a change for Civ, not little in any case. I apologize for posting this in the wrong area.

For a 'little' change, please bring back Civ IV's ancient-era soundtrack.
Due we need an Ancient-era soundtrack as the entire music score for a game meant to cover 4000 BC-2000+ AD? I'm not sure I agree with that narrow focus in ambience. This isn't Old World.

Yes, this would be a pretty worthwhile modding option to explore (though I'm not sure the capabilities exist in VI).

i don't know about that, but I find Civ5's city UI much better than Civ6's:
If not's even worthwhile making such a comparison in regards to Civ7. It will almost certain have - and SHOULD have - it's own distinct graphics esthetic from all previous Civ iterations, like all Civ iterations do from each other.

If not's even worthwhile making such a comparison in regards to Civ7. It will almost certain have - and SHOULD have - it's own distinct graphics esthetic from all previous Civ iterations, like all Civ iterations do from each other.

UI isn't aesthetics, it's almost purely functional. Even things that seem "aesthetic" are there for functionality, readability is a huge consideration and that includes icon design. Flat white on grey is much hard to reach than bold and colorful, and so is a vastly worse choice.
"User experience" or UX is the industry term used, and it's considered one of the hardest and most sought after skill sets there is. If someone, anyone, out of a possibility of billions of people has a hard time using your website/app/etc. due to the interface/graphic design/similar that's on the UX person.

So yeah 5's is better than VI. Hopefully someone at Firaxis recognizes all the places VI regressed from V.

UI isn't aesthetics, it's almost purely functional. Even things that seem "aesthetic" are there for functionality, readability is a huge consideration and that includes icon design. Flat white on grey is much hard to reach than bold and colorful, and so is a vastly worse choice.
"User experience" or UX is the industry term used, and it's considered one of the hardest and most sought after skill sets there is. If someone, anyone, out of a possibility of billions of people has a hard time using your website/app/etc. due to the interface/graphic design/similar that's on the UX person.

So yeah 5's is better than VI. Hopefully someone at Firaxis recognizes all the places VI regressed from V.
Obviously, my point is missed. Every Civ iteration has an aesthetic appearance, and yes, functional interface with a game, very different than any of the others in the series. Thus, one would expect - and, hope, I would think - that Civ7 would, too, and a choice between resembling Civ5 or Civ6 in this way would be moot. Am I clearer, now?

Here's one. My reference point is Civ V. So maybe they've already done this in Civ VI.

In the unit list, either give the names that you assign the units, as well as the kind of unit, or at least make it a toggle option for those to be displayed.

In my recent game, I've given my units a bunch of cool names, and when I do a broad survey of my troops, I want those names to come up, not just Warrior, Warrior, Hoplite, Hoplite, Hoplite, Hoplite, Compound Bowman, Compound Bowman, Compound Bowman.

That's one of my biggest peeves about Civ 6. They got rid of unique colors that I enjoyed such as the red ochre color for Aztecs and rose-colored red for Poland etc.
If they do bring it back, it should be optional for players.
I use a mod which restores the old unique colours for each civ's primary jersey, and so far it's working fine. What I like about the system that I don't have to have the same colour each time I choose the same civ (and I only choose a very select amount of civs), and it allows you to use a great number of civilization mods without being concerned about their colours overlapping (this is a concern in Civ5; I have I think over 100 mods and have had to cut those civilisations with yellow as the base colour because they end up looking so alike).

I wish the initial release of the game has a subtitle like the expansions do, so that we can discuss expansions, other DLC, and mods, with less confusion about what "vanilla" means.

I wish the initial release of the game has a subtitle like the expansions do, so that we can discuss expansions, other DLC, and mods, with less confusion about what "vanilla" means.
"Vanilla" isn't an official title, though. It's a reference to being the base game, as in basic as "vanilla" is usually seen as the basic flavor for deserts, especially ice cream. That's also the term used for any game, not just Civ.

"Vanilla" isn't an official title, though. It's a reference to being the base game, as in basic as "vanilla" is usually seen as the basic flavor for deserts, especially ice cream. That's also the term used for any game, not just Civ.
Some people use it for final product but unmodded.

Life In Motion
One game series I enjoy playing was the SimCity games. I loved the realism of those games. Aspecs of SimCity is what I would like to see implemented for Civ VII. I would like to see animated people going about their lives in the Cities and towns. Walking along the roads, later driving on paved roads and highways. I would like to bring back the automated workers. And have a function where every increase in Population yields a group of workers to work the land, the mills, factories etc.

Life In Motion
One game series I enjoy playing was the SimCity games. I loved the realism of those games. Aspecs of SimCity is what I would like to see implemented for Civ VII. I would like to see animated people going about their lives in the Cities and towns. Walking along the roads, later driving on paved roads and highways. I would like to bring back the automated workers. And have a function where every increase in Population yields a group of workers to work the land, the mills, factories etc.
You'd be interested in an upcoming Civ-like, Ara: History Untold, though details are scant so far.

I will not buy the game, until they will fix Civ6 console version, but... Nevertheless, I would like to see new type of great person type - great politicians. Also - secret societies could get some greater support ( but no vampire nonsense please ).

secret societies
This could go along with my idea of implementing a Black Market into the game. Illicit trade makes the World go around. The "Secret Societies" would be part of that trade. They could start as Pirates. Eventually they become Mafia Gangs and Cartels selling and trading "Special goods and services". I know some have wild opinions about dealing with Narcotics and other types of Special Enterprises. But what would the World be without it?.

Top Bottom