1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Live stream "Masterclass: Faction Strategies" Friday, Sept 26 at 2pm EST

Discussion in 'CivBE - Stories & Let's Plays' started by MadDjinn, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Gamewizard

Gamewizard Emperor

Very impressed with their openness this time around. It is reassuring to hear them tell us that they are listening to the community and using good players to continue to balance the game a month before release.

I can't wait to play this game!!!

Also, the first game maddjin showed he went down the might/industry virtue path that I suggested in one of the virtue theory-crafting threads. That made me giddy.

2. Acken

Acken Deity

After this stream I'm even more convinced like suggested in the other thread that they must indicate potential quests bonuses in the civipedia or in tooltips. They mention quests half the time they talk about a building.

3. vahouth

vahouth Prince

4. Karl0413

Karl0413 Prince

So what did I miss?

5. Leo Tang

Leo Tang Warlord

Madjinn displaying his awesome luck-skill

6. SupremacyKing

SupremacyKing Prince

Great job Madjinn!

7. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

Very cool "masterclass" which was over all too soon.

8. oov

oov Chieftain

How many hours of experience does MadDjinn have? He's been playing for weeks it seems.

9. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

You are not a pretty man, MadDjinn. :D

Here's a question: do the +1 yield bonuses from technologies for Mines and Quarries also apply to Floatstone Quarries and Firaxite Mines?

10. Kozlov

Kozlov Chieftain

Kozlov think MadDjinn look handsome

11. Alkyon

Alkyon Warlord

Probably. The problem with quarrying floatstone comes not cutting it, but how you quarry a stone that floats away. Also, now that I think about it, dealing with the air filling with antigravity stone dust and splinters which would be a nightmare to deal with.

12. swordoflight86

swordoflight86 Warlord

Wow, Kavitha got a huge upgrade. I was already pondering playing them, but now, assuming things stay the same, they are going to be my go to faction.

Polystralia got nerfed big time. Seems a shame, because it was one few factions that was actually competing on the same tier with PAC.

13. proftc

proftc Chieftain

It does seem a bit much decreased. Maybe give them a unique building to have another trade route... maybe the brewery?

14. Suicidekills

Suicidekills Chieftain

Anyone know where the video is other than twitch? Link for twitch doesn't work on iphone

15. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

I would be grateful if someone posted it as well. I am streaming it, but it's going painfully slow and youtube works more effectively.

16. omniclast

omniclast Prince

Really glad to hear they're taking a look at the purity 1 explorer trait. That really needs a fix.

Intrigued by the puppeting/annexing change. Makes a lot of sense but on the other hand taking cities seems like its going to be a real hassle. Could be a real pain for domination strats....

17. Gamewizard

Gamewizard Emperor

There is less of a penalty for being in negative health than negative happiness in Civ V. Maddjin certainly made it seem like unhealthiness is no biggie.

18. ggmoyang

ggmoyang King

Yeah, he didn't care much as long as health is over -20, where another penalty added. I wonder what's waiting in deep there.

19. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Well -1 to -9
    -10% culture , science

-10 to -19
    Add
    -10% production
    +100% intrigue in your cities

At -20
    Food/growth penalties?
    Energy penalties?
    Rebels :) ?

20. maxp

maxp Chieftain

Urgh, does any one else think twitch is horrible. Normally the youtube version is up quickly, but this week no luck. Maybe its because this episode aired on a Friday, and the guys that do it are having a beer.

I like watching it on the tablet as well, and as there is no flash support for tablets in general, I cant watch these videos on my tablet.