Live stream "Masterclass: Faction Strategies" Friday, Sept 26 at 2pm EST

That's why I think alliances are not bilateral..
If you are allied with Brasilia, and Brasilia can only ally with PAC if PAC allies with you.
(And then you can't declare war on an ally.)

That would be very interesting, but I highly doubt that's the case. They're using the CiV engine, and diplomacy is entirely bilateral in CiV (aside form the World Congress).

Right, bored, looking at the stream frame by frames for some stats.

Battlesuit:
  • 40 strength

Prime/Evo/Pure Battlesuit:
  • +26 strength (66 total)
  • +30% defensive bonus (Free to tier upgrade effectively makes it about 84-85 on defense)
  • +20% when flanking promotion (Generic bonus)

Prime:
  • +20% when adjacent to friendly unit promotion (potentially easier to get than flanking)

Evolved:
  • +40% when alone promotion (remember, that stacks with the defense so he's got a +70% defense bonus when alone)

True:
  • +30% attack bonus promotion (so the battlesuit basically gets that effective 84-85 strength on both attack and defense).

Gunboat:
    Tier 2:
  • 4 movement
  • 6 strength
  • 24 ranged

Tier 3:
  • +10 strength
  • +12 ranged strength
  • +1 movement
    (same stats across the board)

Tier 4
    Harmony:
  • +16 Strength
  • +18 Ranged
  • +1 Attack range
    Purity:
  • +16 Strength
  • +28 Ranged
  • Chose perk for bonus range or movement
    Supremacy:
  • +18 Strength
  • +10 Ranged
  • +1 Attack range

Aircraft:
    T2 Needlejet:
  • 5 Range
  • 16 Strength

T3:
  • +12 Strength
  • +30% When Air Sweeping

Raider (T3 Purity):
  • +30% against air promotion
  • +25% against land/sea promotion

T4:
  • +18 Strength
  • +1 Range
  • +40% When Air Sweeping

Seraph (T4 Supremacy) promotions:
  • +1 intercept/turn
  • First rebase/turn is free

Shrike (T4 Harmony) promotions:
  • +25 HP recovered when killing an enemy unit (AIR JAGUARS!)
  • 30% chance to move ground/sea unit on attack.

I think the tier 4 supremacy ship was +1 Range not +1 Move

Also, when they were talking about the weather controller adding basc resources to a tile, they talked as if there was one that added strategic resources
?orbital fabricator?

This stream made me like Firaxis a bit more. They taking in MadDjinn, who is not afraid of pointing out imbalances in the game, shows they believe in their product and the intelligence of their potential customers. Very nicely done Firaxis.

I also went from "blah, reskinned civ 5" to "hmm... maybe not completely...".

Best stream so far.

I agree. Well I was already somewhat excited about the game, but this makes me want to play it, NOW. It is close to CiV for sure, but some of the differences are bigger than I initially thought they would be (eg covert ops).

I think the tier 4 supremacy ship was +1 Range not +1 Move

Also, when they were talking about the weather controller adding basc resources to a tile, they talked as if there was one that added strategic resources
?orbital fabricator?

Yeah, I derped on that. Tier 4 ships have 3 range, except for Purity which has the option for 3 range but gets a giant pile of damage for it.

And, yeah, they mentioned that there was a strategic version of the Weather Controller that generates +1 production and maybe a strategic resource, which is both absurd and great as both are a wonderful way to get around being resource screwed.

When Maddjinn says Purity 1 Explorers are OP, Pete writes it down. When Maddjinn says it many times on this forum, not much happens. Just sayin'.

Why would Pete search for what MadDjinn says on the forum when he talks to him in person? For the most part, the board is filled with speculation from people who haven't played the game. I'm glad that analysis from people that have played the game is valued more than analysis from those that haven't.

That said, there's no proof that the issue wasn't already being considered based on feedback from testers or response on the forums.

When Maddjinn says Purity 1 Explorers are OP, Pete writes it down. When Maddjinn says it many times on this forum, not much happens. Just sayin'.
Considering that he is in the beta, the important communication about that stuff takes place in the Firaxis beta forums (or whatever else they use).
Whatever he tells here is for us, not Firaxis. If he has a bug/exploit/balance problem to report he will do so internally.

Yeah, the nerve of them Firaxis guys, taking the word of someone who's actually been playing BE for some time, over my own entirely unbiased opinion unsullied by any actual gameplay. Don't they know how important I am? :king: :crazyeye: :lol:

(The pang of sheer jealousy I feel for BE beta testers like MadDjinn is something else.)

Many people have been saying that maybe the reason tile improvements have both a "provides" and "yield" section in their description is because the former is given whether or not the tile is worked, but the latter is only given if the tile is worked. This video seems to prove that theory wrong. Terrascapes "provide" 2 food, production, and culture," and have a yield of 2 food/production/culture. (there is a prosperity virtue which increases this to 3/3/3) Looking at the city screen of Le Coeur, though, seems to show that the terrascapes aren't providing anything on top of the yield. Maddjinn, do you have any idea what "provides" means? If it's just redundancy, why do the academy + manufactory improvements have a provides of 2 but a yield of 3?

Spoiler :

Also, one more question: if you reach level 4 in harmony and get the brawler, then level 9 in purity and get the centurion, would the centurion have the perk you chose for the brawler and the perk you chose for centurion? Like, could you have a centurion with +40% defense against ranged attacks and heal each turn, allowing you to mismatch affinity bonuses? And if you reach level 4 in purity first but want the brawler, can you choose to not upgrade until you have level 4 in harmony?

It's just wrong tooltip of Terrascape, others(e. g. Biowells) work properly.
And for your first question: Yes. Don't know about your second question though.

I meant to point that out wrt 'provides and yields'..

the Provides line is what the improvement will do. The Yields line is what you will get.

No, terrascapes do not go above the 2-2-2 (or 3-3-3 with Prosperity) as an improvement.

they do wipe out base yields (as discussed on the stream).

they do not wipe out yields from buildings/etc that use the terrain (+1 food/desert for example).

This stream made me like Firaxis a bit more. They taking in MadDjinn, who is not afraid of pointing out imbalances in the game, shows they believe in their product and the intelligence of their potential customers. Very nicely done Firaxis.

I also went from "blah, reskinned civ 5" to "hmm... maybe not completely...".

Best stream so far.

/me also too sleepy to remember my usual streaming self so ignored a lot of the timing plans :blush:

OK, MadDjinn, you succeded. I can't wait to play the game and I'm perfectly sure it's gonna be awesome! Great stream!

I've been through many extremely bitter disappointments during the last 2 or 3 years regarding hyped games which failed badly to deliver the promised experience. And I've grown very cautious about preordering.
But this time, I've got a very good feeling. It's one month before release and they have a stable, playable and almost finished version of the game they show liberally. And they are not shy to answer questions. If this game doesn't live up to the expectations, which one should?

Good to know the stream helped. And that I still managed to be coherent during the stream :D

Here's a question: do the +1 yield bonuses from technologies for Mines and Quarries also apply to Floatstone Quarries and Firaxite Mines?

No. The floatstone quarries and Firaxite Mines are different resource improvements - since they are separately placed in the tech tree from the mines/quarries.

I meant to point that out wrt 'provides and yields'..

the Provides line is what the improvement will do. The Yields line is what you will get.

No, terrascapes do not go above the 2-2-2 (or 3-3-3 with Prosperity) as an improvement.

they do wipe out base yields (as discussed on the stream).

they do not wipe out yields from buildings/etc that use the terrain (+1 food/desert for example).

So to clarify
You get something from an unworked Biowell/Node/Array/Dome
You don't get anything from an unworked Terracape/Academy/Manufactury
OR
The 'provides' shows up in the city not the tile (Academies, Manufacturies, Terrascapes that are unworked increase the city output directly..like citizens or trade routes)

Am I missing something about the battlesuits? They seemed to make a big deal about them? Or is it just a nerdgasm thing(which is fine)?

Top Bottom