Live stream "Masterclass: Faction Strategies" Friday, Sept 26 at 2pm EST

Hmm I hope the PAC knows what its doing sending those units into the water with a city right next door.

But also looking at the notifications either everyone is declaring war on him or given how Brasilia and Kavithan symbols have a light blue border maybe they are declaring war on the PAC as part of a defense pact?

Its also cool seeing how the tiles beeline towards resources especially in the PAC's city.

I would take a guess and say water trade routes can't go over ocean tiles until upgraded someway as well.

I was thinking it was Mad's chance to show off his air unit.. but given friends is plural... perhaps it does mean his 'allies'

That might be true too, but I feel like turn 150 might be too early for an airforce as it seems his gunners are still relatively low leveled though that might just be because of low affinity points. perhaps he will be showing off the potential of baiting attacks by having a non-visible army through an air force to defend cities.

small hint -0- that wall of icons on the side.

Well that means its either everyone else (KP, Br, and PAU declaring war on PAC)
or.. I was going to say siege worm summoning...but you are at harmony 0.

So yeah.. they attack you and all your trade partner-friends attack them.

Yea those circles on the right side are probably trade notifications of him cashing in favors.

That's what I thought too. Also there is the PAC symbol in the backround of the factions that "I guess" awknowledge the war target. FI has an antenna symbol that I don't know what it is.

Oooh, if the favors are that strong I look forward to messing with them.

Speaking of BE diplomacy, is the thread still open for questions? If so I'd like to ask if there's an option in BE for perhaps making it so that a lot of notifications (mainly denouncements and "I too am friends with so and so" announcements) only pop up in the corner instead of stopping the computer players' turns midway through to load the diplo screen and waiting for the player to click the single button.

One thing and one thing only : Play an actual game for a decent amount of time (200 turns)

Please show at least a screen, of every social policy available in the game, if not discuss them, this will be the most important thing to understand fast for early strategy imo.

Question: Is it best to double down on a sponsor's bonus when picking cargo, virtues, tech, ... or diversify?

Please show at least a screen, of every social policy available in the game, if not discuss them, this will be the most important thing to understand fast for early strategy imo.

Other than the previously mentioned sites (and the nice interactive one for the Virtues), Pete did an entire live stream on the Virtues, so the only thing we'll discuss about them is how they fit certain strategies.

Oooh, if the favors are that strong I look forward to messing with them.

Speaking of BE diplomacy, is the thread still open for questions? If so I'd like to ask if there's an option in BE for perhaps making it so that a lot of notifications (mainly denouncements and "I too am friends with so and so" announcements) only pop up in the corner instead of stopping the computer players' turns midway through to load the diplo screen and waiting for the player to click the single button.

This is slightly impractical. If the game was changed to where no diplomatic action had immediate consequence -- You send an Open Borders request, you don't find out about it until next turn -- then that would be possible. As is, given the 'immediate' nature of diplo actions, we can't have the AI skip their turn waiting for you to decline their offer. The AI needs to use the Diplo system the same way you do, which means that they need to popup during their turn to ask you about things.

One thing and one thing only : Play an actual game for a decent amount of time (200 turns)

We won't be 'LP-styling' this cast (can't talk about everyone if that's the case), but as seen in the image above, I'm going beyond the 100 turn limit, for each faction, of prior media releases.

We won't be 'LP-styling' this cast (can't talk about everyone if that's the case), but as seen in the image above, I'm going beyond the 100 turn limit, for each faction, of prior media releases.

Sweet, looking forward to this even more now. Any chance it will be longer than the hour or so the other streams were? (But not too long, I can only watch until 4:00!:p)

Top Bottom