1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Live stream tomorrow (Febuary 17)

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Minor Annoyance, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Deity

The official twitter feed says there's a Beyond Earth live stream tomorrow:

2. 4N4C0ND4

4N4C0ND4 King

Interesting, keep up updated about what is planned for our beloved :)p) game!

3. JokerJace

JokerJace Prince

Wow, I'm actually really excited what this stream will be about and whether they finally acknowledge some of the game's problems.

4. marioflag

marioflag History Addict

Let's hope they will announce an expansion. :):)

5. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

If they announce a BE expansion, I will be super excited!

6. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Not sure what to expect. But considering that they added Quill they probably have something to show gameplay-wise. I hope for an announcement for a big patch, but I almost assume it's about the cross-game-features with Starships. It's probably a bit too early for an expansion-stream with actual gameplay-footage.

7. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Deity

If they'rd having someone on who does videos they must have something to show. Seems too early for an expansion, and I can't think of what form DLC would take in this game,so I'm thinking a major patch. Major as in not just numbers tweaks, something worth a small spectacle.
    I hope it's something like that because I'd hate the speculate and just have it be an IOS port of Beyond Earth.

8. JokerJace

JokerJace Prince

Keeping my fingers crossed. :please:

9. Kutuzov

Kutuzov Prince

Well, I guess we don't have to wait very long to find out what's cooking.
    That's an important statement, with the exclamation point indicating one which they're excited about. I have a feeling that it might be some sort of expansion, albeit not one that is comparable to what we had with G&K and BNW.

It's only been around four months since the game was released but they might show us something that is a WIP, for release in Q2. I'm not sure why they would have Quill18 along if they're going to announce that 'the game is finished, stick a fork in it' or that they're just working on a patch.

Edit to add:
    After a few moments of more careful deliberation, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the announcement wasn't merely going to show us the cross-connectivity between Starships and Civ BE. Given the rather detatched interaction Firaxis have with their fanbase, I wouldn't be surprised if they thought we'd be excited to see more of this. No matter how extensive this cross-connectivity might be, it's not something I'm going to be interested in seeing as how Starships is not my 'cup of tea'.

10. s0nny80y

s0nny80y Emperor

Considering the winter has most of us glued to the (internet), this is a great time to catch our attention before another Spring.

Its my hope that trade vessels get a bump in their trade value, unless 'Starships' are supposed to highlight significant volumes of trade even though bulk transport over water is a most efficient way of conducting business. And canal building. Er, and a space elevator wonder and meteor defense victory would be putty sweet.

11. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Deity

The double negative sentence threw me. I thought I had better comprehension, but you know what they say, old dogs ain't not never learned no new tricks, never.

Moderator Action: Please try to keep the discussion to the topic (the live stream) rather than grammar rules and figures of speech.

12. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

No, let's hope they anounce another big patch and/or free DLC. Announcing another expansion for 30-40 bucks after only one patch would be pretty shameless.

But it's probably just going to be omething about Starships.

13. Gamewizard

Gamewizard Emperor

I think they are going to show off the next patch, containing big enough changes that they feel it requires a video walkthrough rather than just the patch notes' wall-of-text.

I just hope they drop it to the rest of us sometime tomorrow as well. :goodjob:

14. Lord Gruin

Lord Gruin Chieftain

I am a watcher of quill18 and he has been reviewing several other games that are either new or being updated. That leaves me to believe that this could be an update, not a patch.

15. Victus75

Victus75 Chieftain

Yeah as someone not particularly interested in Starships (at this time) I'd rather see news of a major patch/changes to BE.

16. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Deity

I am interested in Starships, but I don't have Starships, I have Civilization Beyond Earth and I'd rather hear about it right now. I'd like to live in the moment rather than always looking to the next thing.

17. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

18. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Just to be clear, today's live stream is an x-com let's play, tomorrow is a BE let's play and thursday is the starships! let's play.

19. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Deity

20. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Today's xcom stream was to play the long war mod. I hope the BE stream is not just to play a fan mod too. That would be disappointing.