Live with the spying, or kick his dumb A**

Jelster

Prince
In a recent game I had a DoF with Nebby, I was playing as England, did the NC start, grew to 5 cities and shared a continent with Nebby and the Monty.

Now, I had the tech lead, but I caught Nebby spying 3 or 4 times, and although I "asked" him to stop spying and he agreed, he continued to do so. Normally I would have ended up taking him down, but other than the spying, we had a good relationship, worked together to take Monty out and most importantly, he was my main partner for research agreements. Because of this, I let it ride.

Did I do the right thing ? I did win a science VC in about 1920(ish), so I was happy to live with the spying.

Also, when looking at the diplo status, is there any way I can see my "percieved" status against an AI Civ ??

Now, I had the tech lead, but I caught Nebby spying 3 or 4 times, and although I "asked" him to stop spying and he agreed, he continued to do so.
Not sure it's a bug or an oversight from Firaxis, but i've never seen an AI respect any promise. If the players were half as prone to denouncing or DoW as the AI is when promises are broken, every game would end up in a permanent war state :rolleyes:
Did I do the right thing ? I did win a science VC in about 1920(ish), so I was happy to live with the spying.
Nobody but you can answer this. Personally, i always "forgive" my friends for spying (it helps with diplomacy) but leave a spy in my capital to try and kill theirs :D (special agents are very good at this). If not enough i'll throw in a Constabulary and Police Station, if possible build the National Intelligence Agency (with 4-5 cities it's possible) and if you get the chance, Great Firewall will forever solve the issue.
I also forgive badly lagging AIs when they steal one era old techs, i couldn't care less.
Also, when looking at the diplo status, is there any way I can see my "percieved" status against an AI Civ ??
Not without mods anyway. Not sure any mod gives this option either.

Not without mods anyway. Not sure any mod gives this option either.

Try InfoAddict - they have this nifty relationship triangle that tells you who is what against whom. It almost feels like cheating though, since you get info you normally wouldn't - like AI trade deals with each other and actual military demographic rankings.

As for telling AIs not to spy, yeah they do that. Be careful what you ask for though - I once asked Austria to stop spying on me. She did exactly that, send her spy back to Vienna... and killed my spy trying to steal techs from her.:(

Top Bottom