1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Liveleak

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Ryika, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Ryika

Ryika likes cookies and milk.

The media popup states the following:

You may embed media from the following sites:
    • Dailymotion
    • Facebook
    • Liveleak
    • Metacafe
    • Vimeo
    • YouTube
    I was quite surprised to learn that Civfanatics would allow direct linking of Liveleak videos, because a lot of them contain content that is not child friendly at all, but when I tried it, I found out that the function is actually disabled, and that Liveleak videos that I try to link don't show up.

This is reasonable of course in a forum that attempts to be child friendly, however, the media popup still has a direct hyperlink to the main Liveleak site. This seems to be an oversight that should be fixed.

2. Ryika

This issue has still not been fixed or even addressed. This child-friendly website for Civilization-fans has a hyperlink to a website that, right at this moment, features on its main page where the link leads towards, a man impaled by a tree, an old man showing their penis on camera, a person being stabbed in the belly, and some other questionable stuff. None of these videos would be acceptable if they were posted directly on this page (other than maybe the stabbing in the belly, because you you don't see anything in it).

On "Featured" pages 2-5 there are more explicit videos titled:

- Man Shoots Hookah Shop owner in Israel !
    - Man Run over by Tractor
    - ripped eyelid on shower curtain hook

- You have something in your pants ? Oh ....
    - In the center of the capital city of Riga - two men detained for sex in the Railway station square

The latter one in particular shows explicit and graphic imagery of a man giving head to another man and is certainly not at all child-friendly.

So I ask again, what's up with that?

3. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Sorry that we dropped the ball. Is it fixed now?

4. Ryika

Yep, the link is gone. Thank you!