1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LizNES5: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying, And Love The Bomb

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by TheLizardKing, Apr 15, 2011.

1. DarthNader

DarthNader Destroyer of Worlds

From the desk of the Indian Foreign Ministry
    ओह, मुझे लगता है मैं कपास के देश में था,
    पुराने समय वहाँ नहीं भूल रहे हैं,
    दूर देखो, दूर देखो, दूर देग़चा भूमि देखो.

देग़चा भूमि है, जहाँ मैं पैदा हुआ था में,
    जल्दी से एक पर ठंढा सुबह ',
    दूर देखो, दूर देखो, दूर देग़चा भूमि देखो.

काश मैं डिक्सी, हुर्रे में था! हुर्रे!
    देग़चा भूमि में मैं अपने स्टैंड ले जाता हूँ
    जीने के लिए और डिक्सी में मर जाते हैं.
    दूर, दूर, दूर नीचे दक्षिण डिक्सी में.
    दूर, दूर, दूर नीचे दक्षिण डिक्सी में

2. Julius Gandi

Julius Gandi The Foreign Disease

I like it Darth :p

3. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

EDIT figured it out. my bad.

4. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

Works fine for me.

5. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

If you had truly wanted peace, you would not have escalated this conflict just so you could let New England, the nation who started all of this, and the nation that sunk your destroyer, come out of this war in a position that would allow it to rebuild and threaten North American once again. Its a military junta for Washington's sake! Do you really expect a country that is led by generals to remain peaceful? They must be reunited with the true successor to the USA.

You are not paying just for peace. You are paying in order to make all the sacrifices our nation has made in order to serve justice to violent warmongers, in order to ensure that NA may have a peaceful future, worthless. You are paying us to make it so that all our young men have thrown away their lives for NOTHING. If you continue on this path, then you are setting up the continent for an even bigger war in the future.

6. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

We suspect that the country sinking ships is none of the ones you say it is.

7. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

OOC: i've thought a lot about that too. And i thought for awhile it was one of the Soviets but then i started to think that a regular submarine can't reach the carribean from eurasia. And then also Soviet Russia got hit. But it would probably have to be either a local nation (including France, Britain or the Netherlands due to their colonies) or an American nation.... or a nation that found a friendly harbor locally (maybe the soviets using the People's Republic of the Caribbean to refuel and resupply- i don't know). That actually leaves a lot of options open but obviously the most likely is Turkey.

8. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

We agree with the Colombian assessment of the dangers of Soviet navies in the Caribbean sea. We too, due to our colonies in the area, worry about the escalation of violence and needless loss of life this may cause. It seems that the presence of a foreign military is only likely to encourage clashes between said military and local forces, whether purposeful or not, and this could easily be avoided. For the sake of peace and the love of human life, we ask that Soviet Russia withdraw any naval forces to their own sphere of influence.

9. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

It might actually be possible that there were multiple nationalities of subs in the area doing such things. We are all focusing on the possibility that a single nation was doing these attacks. Perhaps that is plausible, but I find it more likely that more than a single nation was involved in these attacks. The USA still holds that the sub that actually did significant damage to the CSA navy was New English though. This just says that either a group of nations are working together, or more than one nation is sending subs in independently of each other, both for their own purposes.

10. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

We would like to remind Britain that the Soviet Union has ever right to keep a naval force in the Caribbean in order to ensure the safety of its newfound ally, the PRC. We all know they just recently pulled off a full revolution, and it may seem to the soviets that an allied force is needed there in order to help the PRC maintain its own security, especially as the PRC has no navy at the moment.

However, we DO recommend that Russia REDUCE its naval force there. Right now, it seems like they expect an all out war. I am sure that even half that force could do the job just as efficiently.

11. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

Liz, I've caught a cold or something these past few days, so my orders may come later tonight or tomorrow, depending on how I feel.

12. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

British Empire

Link to video.

The Beatles saw huge growth in popularity in 1964. When they played for the first time on American TV, they started something known as the "British Invasion," a musical and cultural phenomenon for the United Kingdom. However, the eyes of the world did not look at the culture of Great Britain. The eyes of the world were cast upon a world ever increasing in danger and strife. While the music might be fun and jumpy, the world was creeping closer and closer to war.

The British Global Party had undergone a fundamental change in philosophy. They saw that if Britain was to once again lead the world, that business as usual could not continue. Alec Claymore saw an opportunity to not only cast the spotlight on his nation, but turn around the state of the Empire. He did not believe in the racial superiority of the Anglo-Saxon. However, he did believe that his nation was the greatest in the world. The United States of the Mid-Atlantic might cause turmoil across the sea, but in the old world, Britain was a shining light for peaceful resolution and diplomacy before action.

The economy in the Isles also saw a huge growth. The Global Party had almost the same economic policy as the previous Labour party, and the consistency allowed the economy to begin to pick up. British Industry was growing to new heights, and there was never before such a grand amount of plenty, in the land that had been depressed for so long.

Claymore had hopes that the success of his first year could be continued into his second year. However, there is one small matter that may cause some slight instability for a short time. The beloved King, George VI, died on February 6, 1964, at the age of 68. There was a large funeral at Westminster Abbey, with dignitaries from all over the world invited, even into the Communist Bloc. His daughter, Elizabeth, took the crown, now officially Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and head of the Commonwealth Realms.

13. Julius Gandi

Julius Gandi The Foreign Disease

He is actually feeling very poor as well so ill go out on a limb and say get them in when you can. He probably won't update until he is feeling better.

14. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

This^

Thanks Julius. I know a lot of you are out and about doing other things, so I'm going to be lenient with this one, especially because my impromptu.. declaration that this was dead also probably through several of you off. I have started the update, though only the domestic portions. Try to get your orders in as soon as you can, but don't rush them. This probably won't be up until Fridayish. This is also my last week of school(!), so things should get better from here.

I'll also respond to your PMs now.

15. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Printed in El Analista

New Ultra-Conservative Party Threatens to Split Political Right

an opinion piece by Carolina Salguero, January 3rd, 1963

Amongst political analysts, few know what to make of the controversial but undeniably charismatic Rafael Valencia and his new ultra-conservative party the Movimiento Conservador. For most of us, the party is a bit of a joke, a funny poke at some of the more right-wing politicians currently in power. If we were to take it seriously, well, it would just be too distressing.

And yet there is no denying that many are taking the new party very seriously indeed. The party is very well funded and at the rally I attended, there was live music, t-shirts, hats, giant signs and even catering. Between the money and the charisma, the actual policy may be drowned out somewhat.

For most of my readers the movement and its leadership may remain a bit of a mystery, so I will transcribe here what I captured on audio at the rally.

Never mind that poverty, petty crime and hooliganism have all been plummeting drastically in the last five years, Valencia doesn’t allow something as petty as facts to interfere with his message.
    Next thing you know, we’ll be taking citizenship rights away from the poor and fining them if they can’t make a certain salary.
    Yeah, that’s what you are Valencia, a liberal, a forward-thinking revolutionary. I’ve never heard such drivel in my life. And my readers know me to be a moderate, mostly neutral analysts but for this sort of oral garbage, I have no patience.

And yet the rally had many attendees. I asked one what he thought the appeal was and he answered that he didn’t know, he was a reporter here for a story. I got the same answer from the second and fouth individuals I asked. From the third, I was told that he was here on a contract for the catering company and was on his cigarette break. In truth I should have known form the apron and catering uniform.

The fifth individual however was an actual supporter. From the look of him he didn’t look too wealthy so I could hardly believe he would support a demagogue who promised to enslave him. His answer was perhaps even more distressing than Valencia’s speeches, “The way it was explainded to me, is that, well, duh, the way it was explainded to me is that I would be getting a job and the kids and my wife and I would be getting a new place to live, paid for by the oils company men. Yup. And I wouldn’t have to be looking for work no more see?”

There you have it readers, a party for reporters, caterers and the stupid.

16. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

Quite the hilarious newspaper article you have written, Immac! :D

17. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

Orders coming tonight, after a story or two.

18. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

I apologize about not saying this sooner, but I don't think you responded to one of my PMs Liz. Can you check? I need it for my orders.

19. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

Dutch Empire's orders sent. Apologies for the lateness, TLK.

20. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Who has not sent orders in yet?