1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LizNES5: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying, And Love The Bomb

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by TheLizardKing, Apr 15, 2011.

1. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

It'd be sort of like that. With this NES, I was hoping for a bit more of a free play style, which would allow for players to do what they want, at least initially, before an IC precedent could be set, whereas, thanks in large part to myself, IC was established quite early.

I figure with this new NES, more wars, however minor will be fought, more interesting political situations may arise, and players may feel free to establish their nation as they want from the beginning. I'm not even going to focus on the plague, or whatever even caused the end of society in the first place.

The point in me mentioning that was so you all had an idea as to what is going on. I know several of you have participated quite a bit in this NES, and I am thankful for it. It was and is a fun ride, the problem is, halfway through, I realized the type of NES I really want to do. So short of just cutting this dry now, I can at least give you guys the courtesy of a few more updates before it's done. So if anyone has any suggestions that'd be great.

Another reason for me mentioning that stuff, was to see who would play it. :p

@ZD

I imagine something like 2100, or something. The date itself doesn't matter as much, as like I said, the tech would be where it is now, in our timeline, if not slightly more advanced.

2. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

I am very happy to hear you are willing to continue this NES; it sort of feels bad for me to hear that you don't want to but will do it for us... makes me feel bad.

EDIT: nothing about the carribean in the update? Or our plebescite?

3. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

You have no idea what kind of havoc a Belgian can cause. :smug:

4. TheLizardKing

You still own it, don't you? :p

5. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Oh, you really don't. *remembers all the drama Belgium caused in SMW* :mischief:

6. TheLizardKing

Mods and players have a need for each other. I hated the way SMW3 and LizNES4 ended. And I feel like, with the interest some of you have shown, and the plots and stories developed, I at least owe you guys that much.

7. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Eh. I might play it. I probably will actually. But perhaps you try and update this for another 5 updates?

Also, just wondering, why does the CSA get 10 militia when in every other instance of giving out militia the nation only got 5? And why did the governments 'approval rating' go UP? Wouldnt losing the nations capitol cause the people to disapprove of the current government, and think of the president as the president who lost their capitol?

8. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

To be honest, your amphibious attack should not have even gotten started, let alone succeeded, so be grateful you got what you did.

9. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Oh, don't dismiss LoE too soon. He did, after all, beat off Germany for a whole turn last time he played the Belgians...

10. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

OOC: I do know! there were a pair of Belgians once that created the Realpolitik gaming system. I KNOW THE HAVOC BELGIANS CAN CAUSE. BE FLATTERED. :p :lol:

-L

11. TheLizardKing

@Arya

Other nations, if I recall have gotten 10, and a big reason had to do with some spending the CNA did last turn. Taking a capital city in some cases means victory, but in other cases, such as this, it means they just need to fight a bit harder. Afterall, the war has been fairly successful for them. A surprise coastal invasion doesn't mean all is lost. It just means they have to get their priorities straight. Should they attack your positions and lose, that's something else entirely. But as it was, a majority of the Confederate military was up fighting in the North, and so they weren't defeated, only temporarily inconvenienced.

@Dreadnought

Even without French support, which I assure you was fairly limited, Arya still had more ships and planes in the sky. The entire reason his invasion was successful was largely due to the number of soldiers he commited, and the lack of soldiers you had. It would have been very possible for you to fight off such an invasion, but simply, your military wasn't anywhere near the actual landing, assuming I read orders correctly, and the USA's grip on the coast is weak at best.

Of course, if you both want to keep discussing this publicly, you can. Otherwise, you can take it to PM with me.

12. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

That was luck. ;)

13. Lord of Elves

Oh, please. I had a concerted plan from the beginning, TLK can tell you all about it. :p

14. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

Fairly limited? :p TLK, I sent the whole Navy out there.

ARE YOU INSULTING MY FLEET? xD

-L

15. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Trust me, LH is right. I can testify to the havoc Belgians can cause (wait wasnt Vincent Dutch, and he only lived in belgium?).

As to the militia...I seem to remember every mention of militia in previous updates mentioning 5 militia, not 10. This would include New England (who however, received 5 on consecutive turns so it may be more than 5 in total), and myself last turn.

Dread, please dont be a sore loser, or a sore winner, or a sore stalemater, or whatever the heck it would be at this point. We cant be civilized with this?

16. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Luck and those waffles. :mischief:

17. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

Aww, this was my favorite nes, too. :(

18. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Its not in the update but the central american states had a plebiscite for whether they would officially join Gran Colombia or not. I assume they voted en masse to overwhelmingly join GC.

19. Lord of Elves

<Secretary> Prime Minister.

<De Vries> Oh good, it's you. Listen, I have a memo for my campaign office. Are you good at remembering things? Yes? Great. It's "Work harder, **********es."

<Secretary> Mr. De Vries? Now might not be a great time for that?

<De Vries> Oh, oh, oh, careful there. We've talked about this; I will show you a new hell every time you enter this office. That's the job description.

<Secretary> Foreign affairs. This, it's for you.

<De Vries> Oh hell. What now?

<De Vries> I love you, and I love France. Get me a phone.

<Secretary> Mr. De Vries?

<De Vries> Are you deaf!? Get me a ***********ing phone!

*Several seconds of scrambling, dial-tone, and rotating*​

<De Vries> General? Yes, this is the **********ing Prime Minister. Listen. WE GONNA HAVE A WAAAAAAAUGH!

Bonus
    Spoiler :

20. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

What happened to "Mother F****ing Peacemaker?" :p