1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LizNES5: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying, And Love The Bomb

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by TheLizardKing, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

Pity this is going to end. It was going quite well. And I had hoped to see a bit more about Iberia in this update. And my stats weren't even corrected. Oh, well...

To: France

It is quite sad that those who were our friends suddenly engaged in such a horrible way. We are beginning to suspect that there must be some kind of mind worm incrusted in your (as in your leaders') brains, forcing them to act very much out of character. We demand that the leaders of France give up so that the best doctors the Imperial Entente has may extract said mind worms so that they may come back to their jobs and make the correct decisions.

2. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

To: Iberia

Bah humbug. <packs suitcase> That's it, I'm leaving! None of you shows any respect!

OOC:

:p Not really, but I will be gone from tomorrow morning until Sunday night with totally no computer access. And for reasons that have been explained already, all the "OUT OF CHARACTER!!" screaming is really starting to grate on me . . . :p

-L

3. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

lurker's comment: I have to say I am fairly interested in your new setup. Specifically the Korean nation.

4. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

A New Peace Proposal to the USMA and France

o All USMA members of the armed forces shall immediately lay down their arms and be paroled. All USMA aircraft and naval vessels shall be surrendered to Confederate authorities.

o The USMA armed forces shall be limited to 4 Infantry Divisions and 4 Destroyers. The Confederacy will guarantee the independence of the USMA to prevent any hostile aggression against the USMA. Any breach of the above will give the Confederacy an immediate and legal casus-belli against the USMA.

o The USMA shall not deploy any troops or naval vessels within 75 miles of the USMA-Confederate border. Any breach of the above will give the Confederacy an immediate and legal casus-belli against the USMA.

o The USMA shall release the Maritime States from their protectorate status.

o The President of the USMA, his immediate staff, and the USMA military high command will surrender to Confederate authorities to face an international trial for war crimes relating to the destruction of Charleston.

o The USMA shall pay reparations to the Confederacy for the destruction of innocent lives and property, an amount to be determined after an armistice is signed.

o New England's independence will be guaranteed by the USMA. A demilitarized zone shall exist between the USMA and New England, stretching 25 miles beyond the border.

o The will of the USMA people, in relations to their government, their nation, their economy, their local sovereignty, and their status of citizenship shall be heard and granted by the USMA.

o The USMA will release any and all documents relating to the sinking of the C.S.S. Allatoona to Confederate Authorities.

o France shall pay the Confederacy 8 income and 200 industry over 10 years as reparations for their unjust intervention in the war, and will annul any and all treaties and agreements with the USMA.

5. Shadowbound

Shadowbound Scourge of God

California believes the Confederates need to propose a reasonable peace.

6. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

You mean, like the one we posted when we first offered peace, where we offered to pay reparations to the USMA? Or the one after that, which constituted a white peace with the exception that the USMA would have to let New England retain its independence?

7. Shadowbound

Yeah, that'd be perfect.

8. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Could the members of the Sitko Quito cooperative, including its NPC members, please check out the social group to discuss some issues?

9. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

"I am insulted at this peace the CSA is offering! Not only do they refuse to recognize our real name, but their actual peace is just quite outrageous! I dont think any official response needs to be given, as any response would be quite rude in the wording.

Perhaps somebody would like to explain why we should accept this? We have control over the skies, we can crush them on the seas, and their land attacks are slowing. They are losing momentum! This smells like a desperate peace, like they are eager to peace out before the tide turns against them!

Now if you gentlemen would like to excuse me, I need to get back to the triple C in order to plan the retaking and rebuilding of all the USA territory these confederates have taken and burned.

-John Vector to a group of reporters on the newly proposed peace offer by the CSA

Um...Dread, you are saying that your troops in occupied USA territory have not caused 10 times as much destruction as Charleston? Why the heck should we pay YOU reparations?

But in any case we would like to offer peace, albeit on our own terms:

Spoiler :
    CSA and the USA agree to a white peace.

New England agrees to the previously proposed borders that the USA proposed as an alternate to a union between our nations.

All participants agree to an NAP lasting 4 years.

10. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

You're wrong. The CSA forces occupying USMA territory have been specifically instructed not to target civilian areas, unlike your occupation of Charleston. So....yeah, I do think you've caused more destruction.

11. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

War naturally causes destruction Dread. What do you think all those tank and artillery shells, all those grenades and mortars, all those bombs you are dropping from your planes have done, if not destruction? I have destroyed ONE city. You have 'occupied' and fought battles over hundreds of square miles. What do you think happens when you try to take a city? That is escapes cleanly without a scratch? That your artillery shells pounding my positions in a building arent causing permanent damage? That those tanks only use those MGs they have and not their main guns? Do you really think there are not any civvy casualties in this war?

And if you specifically have ordered the sparing of civilian targets, why are the factories being bombed? Some still produce civilian goods. All of them are manned by civilians. All of them cause more damage to be added to the total amount that you have caused. Do not think to say you have caused less damage than I have.

12. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

I would appreciate if some of this OOC talk was directed into a more IC form, or taken to PM, if this is really a discussion that needs to be had.

13. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

Dutch intelligence can confirm that it is in fact nanites.

14. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

The United Kingdom would like to note that the CSA never specifically orders a city to be destroyed. The USMA has no room to speak.

15. TheLizardKing

Stats... are up.

16. badunoff

badunoff Prince

I should have lvl 3 space tech

17. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

Why does the Sitko-Quito cooperative have all the techs updated, but not the Entente Imperiale? And, could the members of my alliance please use the thread I posted to keep track of techs?

18. TheLizardKing

I told everyone to ignore the techs, as I will handle them on my own. I didn't update anyones techs.

19. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

Aah, then it is even more important for the Entente to actually cooperate on this for once. :rolleyes:

20. Shadowbound

Can independent observers confirm the validity of the Colombian Plebiscite?