LK143, emperor, perciles, rainforest

I think we should try to get better relations with MM. Or we could try to gift him back one of "his" cities (it might be a bit late for that), Djenne comes to mind.

As long as we get at least one non-GS GP we'd still be able to get another GA, we just need the GE and I think one non-GS GP is doable.

No idea about tech path, you'll have to lead me...

No idea about tech path, you'll have to lead me...

I'm sure I've said this before in this thread, but we want to research unknown techs. I see we researched steel when it was known. LKendter made the right move in going for Steam IMO. Railroad is popular with the AIs so should be avoided. I'd go for assembly line personally and get some factories/coal plants built.

I'm sure I've said this before in this thread, but we want to research unknown techs. I see we researched steel when it was known. LKendter made the right move in going for Steam IMO. Railroad is popular with the AIs so should be avoided. I'd go for assembly line personally and get some factories/coal plants built.

I agree. Assembly line sounds fine, for the production and for infantry to get our military in better shape. We've dropped to 5th place before Lee started playing.

I would like one more GA. We already have a scientist on standby for a GA, so my primary GP goal didn't happen.
We'll be getting a good few more GMen before the end, so I don't think we need to keep one 'on hold' at this stage; I much rather settle him in Athens.

I agree. Assembly line sounds fine, for the production and for infantry to get our military in better shape. We've dropped to 5th place before Lee started playing.
We started to improve again for military.

After some missing health (grocer IIRC) I put our HE city on infinite rifles. Dory also whipped a few. I did disband some way out of date units (ancient age stuff) to keep the unit cost down. The rifles will also go out of date soon, but they are still far better then keeping ancient age units around in front line cities.

We don't need to worry too much about military: Mao has a 20% chance of war at pleased, non-vassal Mansa 10%, and the rest none. If we're 5th for troops then it's surely Mao & Mansa below us.

1650 AD
Mansa won't open borders, so diplomatic victory is out.

You took a bunch of cities from Mansa earlier. Give him back the crappiest one once you've spread Buddhism to it and then Game Over shortly thereafter.

You took a bunch of cities from Mansa earlier. Give him back the crappiest one once you've spread Buddhism to it and then Game Over shortly thereafter.
We could give him back that one that's being culture crushed, but Apo diplo is a but lame at this stage, seeing as the early game crises are totally overcome.

Anyway, I'm on holiday from Saturday for a week, so happy civving to you all!

We could give him back that one that's being culture crushed, but Apo diplo is a but lame at this stage, seeing as the early game crises are totally overcome.

Anyway, I'm on holiday from Saturday for a week, so happy civving to you all!
Yes, I can see it would feel like an easy way out of this game.Maybe I'll try it fomr this start after we progressed further in this game. I still wonder if its possible.

So is the team instructing me not to try for a diplomatic victory, or to try for one?
Your call

Making the message longer...

Wellll, errrr, yeah. Looking at the save, we can't lose this game. Unless we choose known techs for the next 10 turnsets, we have a space victory in the bag. We are first to infantry and are outproducing everyone else thanks to our state property workshops. So, I'm going to take Mike P's advice and go for a diplomatic victory, in an attempt to close out a won position as quickly as possible.

Djenne's citizens go though a whole spectrum of emotions. Firstly half of them are killed by our slavedrivers. But later on the city is liberated!

Some turns later, we win.

WIth buddhism so dominant in this game, I think a diplomatic victory is appropriate. Sorry to those wishing to head to alpha centauri - maybe next rebirth. I didn't actually save the game before the victory; I only have the save afterwards. The replay file is attached though. If you want to win for yourselves, I think you can just load LKendter's save, whip an airship in Djenne, gift it to Mansa and then press shift+enter until you win.

Attachments

• LK143_AD-1732_2.CivBeyondSwordReplay
    311.6 KB · Views: 79
  • LK143 AD-1732.CivBeyondSwordSave
    360 KB · Views: 64
Glad to see another win. :) :)

Having what is the last LK series game (for a least awhile( end it victory despite my negativity is nice.

Well, thank you guys for my first emperor win. I was surprised how we managed to climb out an (imo) deep hole. We we're nearly first in every category! I think the war against Mansa (that was superbly setup btw) was the turning point. We got almost all of his important cities for the loss of only 4 maceme, 2 swordsmen, 4 trebs and 2 cats! I also am glad to see a religious victory. I hadn't managed to get one of those either.
And Lee, thanks for setting up this game for us. I hope we'll see a return of the LK-series soon.

congratulations, team!

I myself am happy with this religious victory (never done that before).

I don't think we were in a big hole but agree that that great army setup must've brought us victory.

Top Bottom