LK152 - the weak Venezuela

Pre-Turn
Looks like nobody but Russia is of any trade value at the moment and for the time to come. Scary prospects
Cranking up science and getting transports is very important to get a foothold in Asia via China.

BY employing scientists where it does make sense, we get combustion down to 10 turns.

IT the naval movements really can get on one's nerves

Turn 1 1420AD

gain a leader repelling some units way up north
while taking Pittburgh, we actually lose an army against a regular rifle, the army was full health :eek:
keep the city so we can ship in more troops right away

IT Americans land next to Las Vegas that dispossesses us later on :(

Turn 2 1425AD
raze Orlando, the situation on the Las Vegas Island with the flip and additionally 4 landed cavalry is a tad dicey
try to position troops in proper place
land an army next to Palo Alto, a one city Island

IT on the Las vega Island, America manages to raze on city
In other news, China declares war on Russia...woot
a whole load of cities finishes temples and go on wealth + 1 scientist

Turn 3 1430AD
combustion is down to 6 turns

take back Las Vegas and clear the Island off American units
progress is very slow in the tundra, our 3 cav armies aren't the strongest too

This might be a good time to start the Chinese invasion though we lack ships. We do have an open deal
for another 7 turns though...we can't just trash our reputation

Turn 4 1435AD
Palo Alto falls and we inch closer to Greenland, need to gather armies and galleons for that

IT India joins the war on Russia's side against China
China sink one redlined Sioux frigate :)
we get a few more universities, but are still at 4 turns for combustion

Turn 5 1440AD
move on towards Greenland, some cities still in the way
ship more galleons north to the bering straits

take another northern American city, there are now two left and six on Greenland

Turn 6 1445AD
land first armie next to Oakland, ine city Island way north and one on Greenland
capture Coatepec to hold the last larger Island.

Turn 7 1450AD
the efforts paid off, combustion drops to 1 turn, but that's thanks to Persia and Indonesia having it
now. Drop science to 60% and we still get it next turn.

Decide to make peace with India, no point at this moment.
defeat 3 units in Oakland, not enough and another army is shipped in
Defeat 2 rifles and manage to take Minneapolis on Greenland. Immediately ship in another army

Use a constript inf to part rush an harbor we need to upgrade galleons to transports to ship stuff
to China

IT we get combustion and go for mass production, ready in 7 at a deficit

Turn 8 1455AD
There are 2 turns of the deal with China, after which we must start the invasion big scale

Our deficit at 100% research is 250gpt, we need deals
steam goes to France for 59gpt (all they have)
sell combustion to India for all, they have, 82gpt, 90g, fascism and their WM
Australia gets atomic theory for 182gpt

we now make 71gpt at 100% research, just nice

capture Oakland with a few settlers inside, land an army in Greenlands north
clear 3 units next to Minneapolis and ship in more stuff.

MM to employ more scientists, but research still at 7 turns

IT ugh, France declares on us due to MPP with Americans

Turn 9 1460AD
attack Greenlands north, take out 2 rifles but city still stands, a pity cos there are lots of
naval units inside
Load the southern armies with a 4th unit each, we will have to fight Russia there sooner than later

Rush a transport in Alaska to start the mini invasion next turn

IT Persia joins Russia to fight China
we spot a nice Russian aircraft carrier convoy, this will be fun. Might get to see nukes in this game
Oakland deposes us and with it, one healing army

Turn 10 1465AD
Indonesia has mass production, how on earth did they get this in 3 turns?

We might be able to buy and then sell to Persia, but 475gpt is a little steep

take back Oakland with the second army that was outside. Manage to take out the many naval units in
Ecatepec, America has a mere 4 cities left, move with 2 armies towards Tacoma
capture Albuquerque and gain a new lux :), 3 American cities left
Ship some infantry to a nearby Island to be shipped over the Greenland to protect our cities.

China greets us polite and yet, we declare war, a bit shabby, but we got no choice
land an infantry and cavalry army next to new Ningbo, I leave the transports safely in our harbor

We do have a lot of fortified workers in stacks, I left some active. Our many units and armies are
next to our capital

Attachments

• LK152-1465AD.SAV
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
The situation on Greenland. Three American cities left, that we should be able to take out in a few turns. We need to ship over infantry to protect the cities and free the armies. The will be also a staging theater for the war against Russia.

Situation in Alaska and Siberia, we declared on China and can take the first city next turn. Shipping over of massive amounts of units should commence. There are several transports on the way there.

One thing I forgot to mention. There is a fortified Russian unit in our lands. If we go to war with them we want to take it out. I think I did defend the nearer cities but not sure if all are safe.

It might also be worth replacing Oto. It would be annoying if it flipped. It is Sioux so it will likely remain a flip risk.

There was one Russsian city I thought we should be able to see. Do they have mech inf yet?

Summary:
Wow - I didn’t expect to see the game this soon.

ROSTER:
LKendter (up) (12/24 to 12/28)
Elephantium (on deck)
Northern Pike (indefinite skip) (skip 12/10 to 1/8)
Greebley
ThERat (skip 12/18 to 12/24)

Yes, Russia seems to have 4 units in our tundra north, they can be used to make them declare war, but need to be taken out. I have no idea whether they have mech inf already, but that wouldn't be too big a surprise. We will need tanks and flaks to fight them. It will be a bloody war, a good thing our core is so far off.

I didn't see the game coming to me so soon either, but there wasn't that much to do. Workers have improved almost everything and doing meaningless stuff at the moment.

By the way, we might have to declare on the Mongols too as they are sort of in the way.

Oakland was still in resistance when it flipped. Resistant cities that go into revolt when pop goes off resistance are dangerous. Should have known better.

Unless Elephantium is dying to get the game, I will be keeping it to next week to get a full 10 in this time. Elephantium, please let me know if you want it for the weekend. I've gotten a handful of turns so far.

There isn't much going on - trying to finish America, establish a port in Siberia, shuttle troops, and chop / disband to get more transports around our ice islands. Worker actions so far the biggest time suck as I try to find spots with lots of tiles to chop. I've gotten multiple transports, shaved time on settlers, and even got some artillery faster. The limited "excess" cash has been sucked up with galleon upgrades.

1465 AD (0)
At the moment, cash is our biggest challenge. I really want to be able to rush stuff, but we can't afford to at negative cash flow.
Trading to help that is a challenge with all of the annoying embargoes vs. us. I find one deal, and ship Babylon refining for $18 and $134/T.

After looking over the map, I have even a biggest issue. Not nearly enough transports. I need to ship useless workers to the islands, and recall troops. 13 galleons, many of which support existing areas, is far too little.
I chop / disband drafted units and get 2 more transports in Alaska now. I also chop out some settlers.

I wake up our sleeping workers. At this point Alaska is the best staging zone, so I want to rail that area up.
(IT) Indonesia and Persia end the embargo.
Persia and France embargo us.
Russia and Persia sign an MPP. Russia also signs one with Australia.
There is no question we will need to play the game, and get Russia to attack when we are ready.

1470 AD (1)
I land a settler in Siberia. I ignore China this turn, as I don't want to risk another AI popping into that spot. We need the other half of the shuttle up.
I get to deal with a 4 cavalry landing by Olympia. (4-0)
A transport barely beats a 1 HP frigate. It looks like won't be worth trying again. :( (5-0)
I kill 2 rifles and a cavalry to capture Tacoma gaining $2 and destroying some ships in port. We are stuck with 2 resistors. (8-0)
I start to assault Hunt Valley. We kill a rifle, and then watch our mostly healthy army die. (9-1)
The next army kills a rifle, but we are out of attackers. (10-1)

You know we are running out of worker tasks since the best thing I can do it help chop more transports. Our Asia shuttle has jumped from 2 to 4 transports. We have a bunch of ships slowly moving up the coast to improve this.
I've gotten several to help move between the islands where America / Sioux where.
[End session 1]
Germany gives $110 and $79/T for combustion.
(IT) The Indian / German trade embargo ends.
UGG - I missed a way in, and America steals Minneapolis. Rails can be a pain a times.
The ugly women demands, and gets furs. I want US to determine the time for the war to start.

1475 AD (2)
2 rifles are killed, and Tampa Bay is ours along with $2, a worker and a cannon. We are stuck with 3 resistors. (11-1)
We kill 4 rifles, and Hunt Valley falls. We get $3 and are stuck with 7 resistors. (15-1)
We kill 1 infantry, and 2 rifles to raze New Ningpo. (18-1)
Shuttle Point is founded. This city starts with a fast rushed barracks. We need healing spots in Asia.
Dealing with Russia is going to be a mess with all of our islands near Greenland. I doubt I start a war with them this set just on tactical issues. I've been chopping / draft disbanding transports where I can.
We are way short on transports to Greenland. Some of the others islands are just starting to get some naval support. In addition, I'm a trying to get workers to all of the smaller islands to for barricades.
[End session 2]
(IT) America is driving me nuts. Now they take Albuquerque back. Hoping I can finish them next turn. I played to many games with moving troops in Greenland.
WOW, we lost New Teotihuacan to a flip back to the Sioux. Considering it has an Aztec name, I'm really surprised.
Russia gets stronger with completing Hoover Dam in St. Petersburg.

1480 AD (3)
We smack 1 cavalry landing in Greenland by America. (19-1)
We kill 2 rifles and recover Minneapolis. (21-1)
We recover New Teotihuacan killing 1 rifle. (22-1)
4 tile junk is formed. Want to guess about the island's terrain? I bring another worker over. This lets me rescue the army on the island. I also got the artillery back.
I notice that Chiauhtia has a rifle on top. We kill 2 rifles temp capturing it. (24-1)
[End session 3]
(IT) Australia and Persia ally vs. China.
Babylon and China embargo us.
Persia and Germany sign an MPP.

Mass Production completes, and I pick flight for the next tech. I have no question Russia has a lot of planes since a tundra junk city has already built an airport.

Somebody sabotaged production delaying our next army.

1485 AD (4)
We kill a cavalry and capture Albuquerque getting $8. (23-1)

1485 AD continued
I got rubber is founded in Siberia, doubling the number of towns we own in Siberia.
Another challenge is Siberia is zero rails from China. We need rails to fight effectively, so our over stretched transports also need to move workers over there.

Getting our troops into position is a logistical challenge. We now have enough workers by Oakland, so I can pull that army home.

Germany gets Mass Production for $240 and $131/T.
[end session 4]
(IT) The Germany / Babylon trade embargo is over. So does the Mongolia / Sioux embargo. Just to follow up with the Sioux and Germany embargoing us. :rotfl:
Germany and France embargo us.
Our spy in Moscow was captured.
I watch Russia land 3 tanks by my target Chinese city. Not only are we now blocked by Russia, but I have no question the have built a good reserve of tanks to already have them on transports.

1490 AD (5)
Mongolian Surprise is formed.
I dial up Mongolia, and tell him the bad news - WAR. :hammer:
I kill 2 rifles, 1 musket and 1 MDI to temp capture Tes. (27-1)
I don't have enough workers to pull off a fast city move.
An elite infantry kills a musket. (28-1)
An elite longbow kills an archer. (29-1)
[end session 5]
(IT) The Babylon / China embargo ends.
A frigate attacks our transport. (30-1)
Somebody stole our military plans. Since Russia is the only one with a lot of cash, I wonder who did it. :devil:

I'm still working on this, but want to post so people don't think I forget.
Plus you might enjoy the America news. ;)

Lurker:

Always scratch my head over the AI stealing plans. They already know where your stuff is located. They go crazy over it in CCM.

I think it would be worth putting some towns on Artillery. Given what Russia should be able to throw at us for the initial rush, I don't think it will be possible to make 'to much' artillery. It will be more useful than Cavalry.

Also I think we want both Air and Tanks before attacking Russia so we can build Tank Armies.

1495 AD (6)
Elite longbow hits a Keshik. (31-1)
China landed two cavalry on an island. Our elite cavalry is lame and dies. An army kills them both. (33-2)

France landed 4 longbows, 2 spears and 2 horsemen by Albuquerque. My bad luck goes in streaks, and an infantry dies to a longbow. (41-3)
[End session 6]
(IT) I never argue with a quite computer turn.

1500 AD (7)
Yet more ice and Enough ice already are founded.
A Sioux frigate was nice enough to appear by our destroyer. (41-3)

The Russia are sitting in the road of our transport path, and it cost 8 moves for the trip. Magellan would help right now.
Elite infantry kills a 1 HP cavalry. (42-3)

I don't know if I want to count how many clicks to chop an artillery piece from 0 shields to done in 1 single turn.

Russia has at least rocketry into the next age. I can see a TOW infantry.
(IT) I am getting sick of embargoes. Now it is India and the Sioux.
A lot of Mongolia cavalry along with a Sioux landing in Siberia.
France lands on the island west of Greenland.
We catch Cathy trying to steal troop movement plans.

1505 AD (8)
Elite infantry kills a Sioux guerilla. (43-3)
Elite infantry kills a Sioux cavalry. (44-3)
LLanero kills a Sioux cavalry. (45-3)
Our destroyer finds an unprotected France galleon. (46-3)
The French landing of 3 rifles, 2 longbows and a horseman is wiped. However, we lost 2 LLanero to 1 HP rifles. (54-5)
At least we got one elite from hit. I still hate that type of absurd luck.
Elite infantry kills a Mongolian cavalry. (55-5)
4 LLanero kill 4 cavalry gaining one elite. (59-5)
2 regular infantry kill 2 cavalry, but neither promotes. (61-5)
An army kills the last 2 cavalry. (63-5)
(IT) China and Russia get friendly.
India and France embargo us.

1510 AD (9)
Our destroyer kills a French galleon. (64-5)
[End session 7]
A stray Keshik is killed. (65-5)
Elite LLanero kills a Keshik. (66-5)
A lame LLanero dies attacking a Keshik. (66-6)
2 lame LLanero die attacking 2 HP cavalry. (66-8)
An elite longbow kills a 1 HP cavalry, but my crappy leader luck continues. (67-8)
I promote 4 conscripts to reg infantry attacking 1 hp cavalry. (71-8)
I get 3 elite LLanero attacking cavalry. (74-8)
Other attacks killed 1 horseman, 8 Keshik, and 14 cavalry. (95-8)
The only question how many more rounds to eliminate the Mongolian initial rush. I'm still waiting for the slow moving troops to show up.
(IT) The Indonesia / Sioux embargo is over.
A frigate attacks our transport. (96-8)
The Russians are building the SETI program. :eek: :eek:
As expected, our luxury supplies from Australia end.

1515 AD (10)
We can see Russian mech inf now in the nearest city. :cry: :cry:

A destroyer nails a Sioux frigate. (97-8)
Our 2 destroyers heading toward the Alaskan shuttle point kill 2 Sioux frigates. (99-8)
I am enjoying the fact that we can finally start nibbling on all of these annoying fleets out there.
The Mongolia rush isn't over. We see a stack so large that we have to scroll to see the end.
We wipe a stack of 7 cavalry getting 2 regular infantry promoted to vet. I'll gladly take more good defenders. (101-8)

A stack of 8 Keshik and 1 horseman is wiped. (
We finally get a leader wiping that stack! About Time Llanero is appreciated. I'm leaving the army empty for now, as we don't need more for the Mongols. Can this be our first tank army?
Back to Back Infantry appears during that same attack. Guess the game wants to make up for the dry streak. We have 2 potential tank armies now. ;)
WTH Infantry arrives giving us our third army wiping that 9 unit stack. I just hit the save button. ;)
We also got another regular infantry to vet.

The armies not on blockade / traffic control begin to hit the monster stack. Once Keshik appear at the top, I throw vet LLanero at the stack.
15 cavalry, 27 Keshik, and 2 horses were killed. (145-8)
We got 5 promotions to elite.

It is green is founded in Greenland. I just noticed a big enough gap that I don't want Russia to grab. It also puts us a little closer to their cities.

Australia gets mass production for ivory, gems and $275. Our happiness holds for the moment. However, we also need GPT and they had none. Our cash flow at 100% is down to just positive 29.

Top Bottom