LK155 - CCM, Maya

Attachments

• Dschingis.jpg
    Dschingis.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
It might be interesting to build the road into the mountains and just defend them vs the Egyptian initial rush. I assume we haven't taken that out yet?
We need a road on the other side of the mountains so that they can access. If we get in trouble, we could pillage it and sacrifice a unit to pillage.

I've seen nothing about the initial rush handled.

Once we get more units near Egypt, I may try this. I would want a stack that could defend against 50+ units, so we are not ready yet.

Shift-L shows that the city near Italy is Modena. Likely we will never get there before the game ends; it is about as far away as you can get.

For the next version of CCM, I consider to integrate CivAssist II in that upload. As I know, many of you are using this tool. Is somebody of you using it with Win10? In that case how do you start a CCM-game with CivAssist II activated?

I need to swap with Elephantium. I am taking a trip to Jersey and will not be able to play from Friday, April 21 to Saturday, May 6th .

Joe H

ROSTER:

LKendter
Greebley (up, and working on it)
Jersey Joe (skip 4/21 to 5/6)
Elephantium (on deck)
Northern Pike

First two turns:
I will likely play 5.

Preturn: Take out Vilicambra after using combat settler (actually misclicked so we capture/immediately abandon losing our chance of Workers).
Moved more units to Egypt stronghold to try killing initial rush of units.

IBT: 2-3 Steamers are sunk by Incan ships. They look like they were making their way to the Egyptian portage.

Egyptian landing of 7 fast units.

1865 AD: Moved injured units back to Capital so I can get there instantly with h key.
Killed landing and other units gaining 2 Artists.

Use another Combat settler to get to Chuquiapo. Lose 1 Inf taking out their single unit Garrison. City is razed giving us one worker.

Another city gets close to the next Ollantaytambo. Chuito is also close but fully forested so we will send units to take it out next turn. We lose 2 Hotchkiss and gain 6 Workers.

Take out Vitcos after using a Monk. It costs us a Hotchkiss. Lost a Partisan Killing a Cavalry

Another Combat Settler and we can reach Cuzco the Capital. We get lucky on the retreats and lose 3 Hotchkiss and a Tank. Mesoamerican Christianity is razed.

Nasca and Tiwanaku are reachable after another city is built and are razed costing another Hotchkiss.

Arequipa's Garrison is expensive to take out costing two Infantry. Arequipa falls with only retreats.

Cleaning up existing units in annoying locations costs us 3 Infantry. Another Monk, but I use it to push back borders.

Stole Italy's map which clears the last large scale area of darkness. There are still some smaller swaths, especially near the Aztecs.

The Incans had some cash so we are still left with 2570 gold. Trading get its up to 3684 gold (no gpt though)

I did try building a road near Egypt to see what effect it will have. I have been moving over more Infantry and some other units.

We also got a leader which I rushed a Courthouse in a city that already most of the shield improvements.

IBT: Arabia and Carthage have an MPP (we don't want to step int their land unless we want a war). Russia declares war on us due to stepping into Egyptian land. We lose dyes

Lose two Infantry on Defense. Win a few other battles.

1866 AD: Get back Dyes from Israel

Egypt didn't do anything last turn so I take out their city (and yet again I forget to record the name before razing... from autosave it's Pithom. I also shift the Freighters to lining up an attack on Abydos for the Urani
iu
Here is some images of the fronts:

Attack Chuito losing a Heavy Artillery vs a Cavalry.

Use a Combat Settler to reach Vilcas and Raze losing a Hotchkiss.

Andahuaylas is Razed at the cost of another Hotchkiss.

Use an Artist I gained this turn to reach Machu Picchu. Taking out the Garrison costs us an Eastern Infantry. City falls without a loss.

Another city to reach Huamanga.

Continuing down the coast, I build a city to reach Atico which falls easily with only one defender.

Next is Huanuco Pampa which is on the border of Japan to the South.

To go on requires 2 Settlers. This gets us into a wood to attack one town and allows us to raze Corihuayrachina.

Build a town on the Hills to remove a Garrison and use a Combat settler to get near. Nagoya and Juli. Juli has 2 defenders and falls without loss.

Nagasaki is now the only town left between us and Japan.

IBT: Landing of Egypt and Japan on our coast.
A few minor attacks.

I867 AD: Take out Nakgasaki the next to last Incan town. The final one is past Japan:

Stopped at this point. I will continue on to Japan next session. I think I can finish taking our continent in the 3 turns remaining.

Looks like my gut was right that getting rid of Germany, and rushing a ton of settlers would make the rest easy.

I can't believe how high our cash total has gotten.

Incans had a lot of cash. I will likely keep it to rush settlers when they get short; I am using a lot more settlers than I am generating normally. The rest will be a buffer in case we need it later. I am not sure when we will next attack a rich civ. Carthage is still strong vs us, so an assault does not seem worth the time spent. The ships and planes alone would be downright annoying.

BTW Carthage is building Hoover, so they do have the techs to get to aluminum. The annoyance factor mentioned above means I don't plan to do the two steals. (Aluminum could give us a better way to get rails to the other continent, but chances are against it)

We still may have some cheap settler rushes via chopping. I found a few of them during my set. The challenge is enough free workers. So many were getting used up railing to the front.

Also, keep an eye our for more marginal towns to build settlers. Some of the cities with two or three cops where able to produce settlers in 10 or less turns. Every little bit helps.

I also burned a lot of settlers during my set. Check how many times "Throw away" showed up just to be abandoned as soon as the good spot was freed up.

Nice progress in our south. However, I was hoping to see more action against Egypt! I tried to set up the beachhead on my set on the theory that we could easily and quickly swarm the rest of our continent after we took out Egypt.

OTOH, we didn't have anywhere near enough shipping available...we probably still don't, given ship losses I saw in the last turn log. IMO we should be rushing some steamers in our coastal towns in Old USA every few turns.

OTOH, we didn't have anywhere near enough shipping available...we probably still don't, given ship losses I saw in the last turn log. IMO we should be rushing some steamers in our coastal towns in Old USA every few turns.
Take a look at my massive airfield building on my set. We can fly 25+ units over every turn. If we need more, then there are still a decent number of spots in that area for airfields. IMO we are close to skipping the ships all together.

I already got a decent chunk of support units - settlers, workers, and artist over during my round. I even starting putting troops over once the front was much easier without worrying about the German stack overload.

25+ airfields? Woo-hoo! I didn't realize you built those at that scale! If we can airlift Hotchkisses, I'd say we're good to go.

25+ airfields? Woo-hoo! I didn't realize you built those at that scale! If we can airlift Hotchkisses, I'd say we're good to go.
You must have missed this picture. My count was off 30+ visible in the picture, and a few more along the coast.

I airlifted some Hotchkiss. ;)

For Egypt I am proceeding cautiously. They were 'Average' compared to us so could show up with some really large stacks that would hurt our ability to advance on our own continent. We can still hide in the mountains if they do.

So far they have not sent large amounts of troops. It could be another war with another civ in which case we can push forward.

1867 AD Continued:
Build a city to reach Osaka. We raze it losing 3 Hotchkiss and gain a Great Artist off the defending red-lined Heavy Artillery.

Build a City where the Great Artist is and use the Artist without moving it in an attempt to get to Kyoto. We first need to take out Hiroshima which costs us a Hotchkiss.

Attack a Worker to get a Great Leader. I am going to keep this one for Uranium; Egypt does not seem to be sending huge numbers of troops.

A lot of Hotchkiss need to heal this turn but I think I have enough for an attempt on Kyoto.
We Raze the city but it we lose 6 Hotchkiss. One unit took 5 Hotchkiss to kill; so RNG was not kind to us.

We continue to have bad RNG and lose several Infantry getting rid of some of the Japanese units. However we do get 2 more Great Artists

With so many workers and many injured units I fully use the strategy of railing underneath every injured unit. This allows us to move the units to the Capitol (using h key) without using any movement point and they will be fully healed next turn. If you don't rail first it takes an extra turn to heal.

1868 AD: Take a gamble and put units next to Egyptian City with Uranium (Abydos) We land 36 units. We also take out the Egyptian town of Lisht after bombardment

For the Japanese a temp town gets us close to Nara and Satsuma. Nara costs us 3 Hotchkiss to Raze. Satsuma costs us 1 Hotchkiss.

Another town and we can reach Tokyo It is razed for a record 14 Workers at the cost of another Hotchkiss.

Use a monk and we can attack the final Incan city:

Another City to get close to Edo the Capitol and Matsuyama. Edo costs 5 Hotchkiss to take out. Matsuyama costs us 2.

Toyoma was built the last IBT so we destroy it.

Build a City to get close to Kagoshima. It is hard to find enough units especially with really bad RNG, but we manage to raze the city.

This leaves a single Japanese City on our Island. There are two off continent that we won't get to, so Japan will live.

IBT: Something changed as we get several riots.
Egypt still doesn't react to our Invasion.

1869 AD:
Egypt:
Raze Abydos and build Urania which rushes a Uranium mine with 18 Rabbit.
Use an Artist on Urania. We have just enough units to take out Edfu.
We now own the Peninsula.

Izumu is Razed without loss. This clears our continent of the Japanese.

3 Polish cities are the only cities on our continent we are at war with.
Greece and Carthage have cities but we are at peace with them.

Now that we have used our Leader we are able to get another taking out the Polish Garrison.

For Poland we build a town to reach Bialystok. It is a tough nut to crack costing us 3-4 losses and as many retreats for 3-4 defenders.

We build a city to Raze Gdansk.

Then a long road through tundra and planting a forest for our own city gets to Bydgoszcs.

IBT: Intended to pass on the game but I hit enter.

1870 AD: Another landing on our Eastern most coast (I dealt with it).
Expensive deal with Romans to re-get Wine. It happens mid-IBT so I redo even though it is expensive. If I let it go we might lose the chance; though some other civ might have been able to trade for tech, I didn't want to risk it. I made it a pure per-turn deal.

I moved all but the units to start the main part of the Egyptian war. Brought over many of our Hotchkiss; 48 by boat and some by Airlift. We got Uranium mine in Urania, so I went back to rail back to Striker 9. This means our Worker potential is weaker, but Egypt has rails.

Near the front are our 17 odd remaining workers, 65 hotchkiss with movement, 65 Infantry, and mixed units. These can be used to start the Egyptian war this turn

Haven't tried tech deals recently so we might have something to sell.

Units not sent to the other continent are mostly near the Capitol. There are some Infantry in cities that could be used if needed - most coastal cities have a defender.

Attachments

• LK155-1870AD.SAV
    2 MB · Views: 40
By the way it looks like Russia may have been keeping Egypt busy and allowed us to take the Peninsula with no initial rush. Be aware that Egypt still has a lot of units and could show up with big stacks if the war ended or if they targeted us instead.

However, with most units now on the other continent, it shouldn't be a problem for us anymore.

Not sure why I keep seeing the phrase attacking infantry. I hope that is fishing with our elite infantry. I pushed hard my set to get us enough defenders, and don't want to see those numbers dropping.

Glad to see 2 more civs have bought the dust.

I would start flying more workers over to Egypt. The home continent only needs a limited number that can chop forest for rushed settlers. They can also help those junk cities with more irrigation. If we have any 10 shield a turn cities, I would put them on pure worker duty. Moving forward still needs a turn of workers. We want to rail all the way back to the airfields by Tip of the Pyramid.

ROSTER:

LKendter
Greebley
Jersey Joe (skip 4/21 to 5/6) (on deck)
Elephantium (up)
Northern Pike

Top Bottom