LK156, Spain, CCM 2.0

Good job with the Enslavers Greebley. :thumbsup: Are you going to play more turns?

I think we should rush the Granary in Barcelona (36 gold) this turn and next turn rush the Siege Workshop there.

I'd almost be tempted to put it in Seville, which will grow faster than Barcelona -- much faster, once the cow is irrigated! All the BG tiles will help with shields as it grows, too.

I'd almost be tempted to put it in Seville, which will grow faster than Barcelona -- much faster, once the cow is irrigated! All the BG tiles will help with shields as it grows, too.
I am reasonable sure that irrigating the cow will not provide extra food while we are a City-State. Look at the irrigated grass tile, it only provides 2 food.

The reason I picked Barcelona was it is closer to the front, I did not consider growth potential. I now realize that Barcelona can only produce a maximum of 13 shields per turn and will stop growing at size 6. Seville can grow to at least size 10 and produce 20 shields (6 mined BG, 1 farmed BG, 1 mined Cow, 2 Forests and city center)

If we were in Monarchy when irrigation helps, Seville would still be ahead of Barcelona by at least 3 shields at size 16.

Elephantium, I agree with you the Siege Workshop should be in Seville. The granary could be rushed there this turn.

Seville is okay with me for siege workshop. Let us rush the granary.
It looks like the leader still has movement. Let us get it hiding in the city.

Next set will see our next city built. Do we agree with my proposed iron city site so that we can make swords?

We need to back to troop crazy in the capital after the stables complete.

ROSTER:

LKendter
Greebley
Jersey Joe (up)
Northern Pike (on deck) tentative - will move further until game known working.
TheRat
Elephantium

Last edited:
I think we have set a record for the earliest leader. I was already amazed when I got the first enslaver elite on my set.

I am reasonable sure that irrigating the cow will not provide extra food while we are a City-State. Look at the irrigated grass tile, it only provides 2 food.

Hmm, you might be right. I was going by this:

Grass 2 +1 (irr) -1 (penalty) = 2
Cow 4 + 1 (irr) -1 (penalty) = 4

For the city site, how about E-E-E-SE? It's riverside, gets Iron in the BFC, and has access to 2 mountains, 2 Hills, and 5 BGs.

It also pushes us closer to Persia -- the other site keeps focused more on an Italy-First strategy.

IMO, either site is worthwhile.

I think I agree with guaranteeing the iron as the next city. There is already the road there to help speed its founding.

After that there is Elephantium's site. I also want to grab the 3 fish (4 food each), 3 berry (2 food, 2 shield), 1 natural harbor (2 food, 2 shield) site (with harbor) in the tundra at some point and not let the AI have it. Once we can plant forests it will be really strong - it may be in the competition for the 'pre-rails' best city; 3 fish for fast growth, close to the capitol, lots of food to support forests.

For the seige workshop, since it builds vets, I think going for the city with more potential shields will be better.

There also appear to be more lux nearby - furs and silks.

We also want more culture in Seville. That one forest I couldn't see had silks. We are doing great in the luxury dept.

ROSTER:

LKendter
Greebley
Jersey Joe (up)
Northern Pike (on deck) tentative - will move further until game known working.
TheRat
Elephantium

I got it.
I am going with LK's spot to get Iron. We get that iron hooked up much quicker and can hook up more wine for trade.

Going to build Siege Workshop in Seville.

What about building a colony on the silk? (I would only do this with a slave not a worker.)

What about building a colony on the silk? (I would only do this with a slave not a worker.)
I think we are in good shape for the moment, and don't need it. IIRC luxury tax isn't to high, and workers are in severe shortage as typical early CCM.

The save file is labeled "LK156-1380BC". However, it is the 1340BC file, I am treating the "LK156-1380BC" as a typo (the screen capture shows 1340bc) and starting play with the 1340BC save.

End of 1340 BC, before hitting enter:
Start moving settler to Iron site.
Granary rushed in Seville.
Leader moves to Seville.
We trade Mathematics, Naval Warfare, Spices, and 119 gold to Korea for Trade.
We trade Trade to China for Riding and 5 gold (their entire treasury).
We trade Trade to Italy/Rome for Silver and 21 gold. (We need an army before we can attack Italy.)
The French will not talk to us.

Between Turn: Carthage completes the Great Lighthouse.
We train a new Enslaver and get an Apprentice Worker.

1300 BC:
Leader rushes Siege Workshop in Seville.
Our new Enslaver bungles his first enslavement attempt and kills a Persian Warrior. ;)

Between Turn: :sleep:

1260 BC:
Madrid completes Royal Stables and starts on Slavery
Seville Completes Siege Workshop and starts on Ballista Shop.
Iron City is Founded.

Between Turns: Based on troop movements it looks like Persia may be at war with Italy.

1220 BC:
Seville rushes the Ballista Shop for 28 gold.
Our new Enslaver bungles his second enslavement attempt, killing a Persian Warrior. He is rewarded for his ineptitude by being promoted to elite. :crazyeye:

Between Turns: The Chinese are building Worldreligion Buddhism. Also the Chinese are building the Great Wall.

1180 BC:
We enslave a wounded Persian Bowman. :D

Between Turns: The British complete Worldreligion Christianity.
The British establish an embassy in our capital.

1140 BC:
Enslaver kills Persian Warrior. He spots Persian Immortals.

Between Turns: Persians and Italians kill each other. :ar15:

1100BC:
The French still will not talk to us. :dunno:

Between Turns:
We finish a road to the iron. :clap:

1060 BC:
Seville switched to building a Forge.
We trade Trade to Brazil-Portugal for Philosophy and 44 gold.
We meet the Maghreb, no trading opportunities.

Between turns: The Indians complete the Ganges Pilgrimage.

1020 BC:
The French will sign a Peace Treaty, but they want Philosophy. :nono: I do not make peace with the French.

Between Turns:
The Inca want 35 gold. I give it to them.

980 BC:
Enslaver kills Persian Bowman.

Between turns:
The Maghreb city of Carthage completes Worldreligion Islam.

940 BC:
Enslaver captures a Persian Bowman.

Between turns:
Egypt completes Hammurabi’s Code.
The Dutch are building the Hagia Sophia.

900 BC:
We trade Philosophy to Korea for Code of Laws and 6 gold (entire treasury).
Enslaver captures a Persian Bowman.

Between turns: Koreans are building Worldreligion Buddhism.
The Italians are building the Roman Senate.

860 BC:
Enslaver kills Persian Immortal.
2 Enslavers still have movement. Our 1 Swordsman has started to move to Iron City (he is not on a go to).

Spain 860 BC

Here is the save

Attachments

• LK156-860 BC.SAV
    799.3 KB · Views: 66
Nice progress and trading.

Question: Since we are getting tile penalties with City States, are we going to revolt into monarchy? Or do people here favor republic?

What happened to the irrigation on that cow? When I looked at the previous save, one of the Workers was watering there.

:cry: @ lost growth

Edit: I played a couple of turns from the previous save just to double-check: The irrigated cow DOES give more food, even with the tile penalty:

Last edited:
Nice progress and trading.

Question: Since we are getting tile penalties with City States, are we going to revolt into monarchy? Or do people here favor republic?
I would say the preference is monarchy maybe followed by fascism (it did work well last game). With the extra happiness resources republic might be doable, except it lacks barracks.

What happened to the irrigation on that cow? When I looked at the previous save, one of the Workers was watering there.

:cry: @ lost growth

Edit: I played a couple of turns from the previous save just to double-check: The irrigated cow DOES give more food, even with the tile penalty:
I did not think the cow would give us extra food until we revolted into monarchy (or republic). By that time Seville should be size 7 using all the bonus grass, so I mined the cow. Also, I mined 1 bonus grass and think we should continue to mine them.

During my turn set workers only built roads or mines.

Question: Since we are getting tile penalties with City States, are we going to revolt into monarchy?
Monarchy - we don't want to deal with war weariness. Last game was the rare exception due to limited fighting early on.
During my turn set workers only built roads or mines.
We don't want a lot of mines. Mostly bonus grassland. Once in monarchy, we need to get our cities tall ASAP.

ROSTER:

LKendter
Northern Pike (on hold - waiting for game known working)
Greebley
Jersey Joe
TheRat (up)
Elephantium (on deck)

... and what do you tall hink about the new settings of the government Theocarcy?

May be here I should add to the civilopedia that there is no more tile penalty in this government, too. Even the monastery now has new settings: barracks +growth+happiness and there is an additional SW producing crusaders.
More growth and less research?

Attachments

• Theocracy.jpg
    Theocracy.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 307
Top Bottom