LK156, Spain, CCM 2.0

We revolt monarchy, revolt theology, building expires and revolt back to monarchy. That sees rather silly to me.

Yes, this sounds silly, but there are some other governments, too. Tough decisions...:D

We revolt monarchy, revolt theology, building expires and revolt back to monarchy. That sees rather silly to me.

Huh? Where did THAT straw-man come from?! That's not what I was suggesting at all. :confused:

I was suggesting something more like:
Despotism -> Theology -> Fascism

or

Despotism -> City-State -> Monarchy -> Communism

I was suggesting something more like:
Despotism -> Theology -> Fascism
Nepolionic (Monastery) is where Theology dies. I can't check the game at work, but I think this is way before Fascism arrives.

Civinator, the 50% also limits wealth right? Not right away but it will keep adjusting it back to 50% max every turn - I think that is what normal civ does. (If so, it is therefore possible to go above 50% but have to adjust every turn).

Yes, this is correct. :yup: You can even earn 100 % taxes with that rate cap, but the sliders for research and happiness in that case must be readjusted to zero each turn. You can read more about informations like that in chapter 7b of the new CCM2 Ingame help. :)

Attachments

• CCM Ingame Help.jpg
    CCM Ingame Help.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
I just found out that you can Mine forest tiles without chopping. You get 3 shields from a mined forest.

Nepolionic (Monastery) is where Theology dies. I can't check the game at work, but I think this is way before Fascism arrives.

Err...I don't know what that is :confused: What's a Neplionic? And government techs don't die/go obsolete. In theory, you could stay in Despotism the entire game.

He meant, that monasteries are going obsolete with the tech Napoleonic Age.

He meant, that monasteries are going obsolete with the tech Napoleonic Age.

D'oh! That should have been obvious. :(

Anyway, THIS thread is for the game; we should make a new one to debate the merits of CCM govt types. My next post will be a turnset report.

Pre-turn (500 BC): Revolt!

The elders of Spain came to the Speaker of the Council and said
You are old. Now appoint a king to lead us, such as all the other nations have.

All our cities shrink instantly :(

IBT:

White screen as I watch some Galleys move.

T1:

Just move a few stacks

IBT:

Anarchy ends. Should we remain a City-State?

No! We want a king over us. Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.

Accordingly, we are now a Monarchy :king:

T2:

MM cities and change Seville to Spear (we need more cover units for our Worker gangs)
Two Enslavers kill stray Persian Archers, enslaving one.

IBT:

We see more skirmishes between Persia and Rome.
Barcelona completes Supply Center (Spices)!

T3:

Trade Seafaring to Britain for 90g

IBT:

More Persians move...

T4 (400 BC):

Santiago founded East of Madrid.
Enslavers destroy an Archer and a Catapult of the Persians. No new slaves.

IBT:

China completes MoM
Dutch complete HG

T5:

Lots of civs have Dark Ages and/or Elephant training now, but we have no credible deals for them.

I notice that the Aztecs are in the trade list in CA II. So I guess we just met them? In any event, they are backwards.

IBT:

Yep. Aztecs complain about our troops in their territory. We apologize.

Seville Temple -> Spear
Korea completes Buddhism
Rome completes Senate

T6:

One Enslaver retreats from a stray Persian Archer. I don't push it with any others to avoid leaving anyone exposed.

Still no deals possible for Dark Ages, but I do pick up Elephant Training from Indo-China in trade for Trade :D

IBT:

Seville Spear->Spear

T7:

Mounted Archery is now known by a bunch of tribes.

IBT:

We just watch more Persian troops on the move.

T8:

Zzz...

IBT:

Madrid Forge -> Iberian Sword
Seville Spear -> Spear
Ironcity Granary -> Slavery
Santiago Flag -> Granary

T9 (275 BC):

We meet the broke and backwards South Africa.
Enslaver captures a Persian Archer :)

Optimizing for gpt, I see that the best deal we can get for Dark Ages is 22gpt+745 gold. Still too steep, IMO -- that would beggar us.

If we could buy Religion, we could trade it around for DA + Mounted Archery...not sure how long that will last.

IBT:

Seville Spear -> Spear
Persian Enslaver kills one of our Warriors covering an Enslaver.

T10 (250 BC):

We lose an eEnslaver to the IBT-Persian Enslaver :mad:
vEnslaver kills him
Edmond enslaves the Ballista on that tile AND recaptures the Worker (from the eEnslaver we lost).

Attachments

• LK156-250BC.SAV
    855.7 KB · Views: 64
ROSTER:

LKendter (up)
Northern Pike (indefinite skip)
Greebley (on deck)
Jersey Joe
TheRat
Elephantium

Enslavers in Iron City have been well-placed to catch targets of opportunity from Persia. I was trying to get another Worker or two down to Santiago to speed up improvements there; the uncovered one should do the trick next turn.

Madrid is at an awkward spot: 5fpt/14spt OR 3fpt/15spt. What's more important: Faster growth or 2-turn Swords? It may be worthwhile to Mine another tile in its BFC.

Barcelona needs MM next turn, after it grows and builds the Temple. Seville needs MM every other turn to keep it growing quickly. Both cities need more improvements; the Worker stack is currently focused on watering Barcelona.

Trading opportunities were thin on the ground. I'm still holding out hope for getting Religion and picking up Dark Ages + Mounted Archery in trade :please:

250 BC (0)
I see nothing to change.

225 BC (1)
(IT) We get a free embassy from the Dutch.

200 BC (2)
We send seafaring to Indo-China for mounted archery and $2.

175 BC (3)
We send monarchy to Italy for literature and $1.
Britain lacks literature, but still no luck trading for religion.

150 BC (4)
The price is obscene, but I send Brazil monarchy, mounted archery, seafaring and construction to get religion and $2.
I send religion to Nubia for dark ages, $50 and $5/T.
We are now at one of the ugly spots on the tech chart. No two way deals are available. I up our research to at least get partial credit for feudalism.
(IT) We get a free embassy from Scandinavia.

100 BC (6)
We kill 2 Persian units and promoted an enslaver to elite.

75 BC (7)
(IT) Britain is no real threat. I tell him to shove his demands. Sadly, another phony war starts.

50 BC (8)
Our silks are on-line, and we have our third connected luxury.

25 BC (9)
We make contact with Egypt and Poland. Poland is totally backwards. Egypt gets religion for $59 and $8/T.
(IT) A Persian holy man kills our spear. Our chariot beats his enslaver.

1 AD (10)
I hate when I add wrong. Barcelona was one shield short of School of Divinity. Next round we can start getting holy men.
Our chariot kills the Persian holy man.

Add Turkey to the list of know civs.

It must he his original worker. I sell Italy republic for a worker, and $58.
We ship our newly connected iron, wines, and $84 to Scandinavia for Feudalism. One of the bottleneck techs is completed.
I sell China spices for $135.
It bleeds us dry, but I ship Greece spices, wines, 1023 gold, and $42/T to get chivalry.
I send Scandinavia chivalry for bodkin arrows and $452. We have some cash again.
The top civs already have theology and alchemy.

Summary:
I worked on economy getting us some marketplaces up.
We need to start the debate how long before we try and go to war with Italy. The Persian troops went home, so that war looks like it is over.
Our empire is too small right now to keep up.

It is time to debate the next city site. The settler is already on the way.
Red will get 4 berries (3 food, and can be mined for a shield), a fish, and iron in 3rd ring.
Blue will get 3 berries, 2 natural harbors (2 food, 3 gold 2 shields - post harbor), and iron in 2nd ring.

ROSTER:

LKendter
Northern Pike (indefinite skip)
Greebley (up) (skip Aug 12 - 27)
Jersey Joe (on deck)
TheRat
Elephantium

Attachments

• LAK156-1AD.SAV
    914.8 KB · Views: 43
I think the blue dot is good as we could then potentially found a city east of Seville grabbing two fish.

Nice round of trading yet again. I think one more turnset and we should strike Rome while it is still weak

One of Spain's trait's is Seafaring and I think we should take advantage of it by moving the Red Dot 1 SW:

Lots of commerce and food from the coastal waters, and the sea.

Top Bottom