LK158, CCM2, Canada

I favor getting horses with our 5th city now and settling on the coast with our 6th city.

It looks to me like we will likely need a sea (not coastal) going vessel to find trading partners not on our land mass. We need to learn Navigation to build sea going vessels. Navigation is in the next era. Also, we currently have available a food rich site for horses, verse the other sites which do not have as much food.

Further, looking at the small map of the world, I would prefer to see us build a coastal city northwest of our territory by the 2 hills and 2 fishes which would put our harbor closer to the center of the map.

A coastal city now should lets us get a better lay of the land with Brazil. More knowledge before the war starts would really help.

Not sure how much the holidays will affects turns getting in. For me, there is very little playing time until Jan 2, 2018.

Also, we currently have available a food rich site for horses, verse the other sites which do not have as much food.
Don't forget Greebley's spot has cows and wheat. It has decent food. Just will take a bit to get irrigation to it.

When I mentioned food rich site I was referring to places were we could found cities to get horses.
Building 1 south of Greebley's site gets the same food, 1 extra bonus grass, a forest, and 1 less sea tile.
If it is available(without crowding), I would suggest getting horses by building city 6 on the yellow dot i mapped.

Edit: My plans for the holiday's are to watch many hours of bowl games So I will be free to play any time.

Building 1 south of Greebley's site gets the same food, 1 extra bonus grass, a forest, and 1 less sea tile.
We also will suffer cultural overlap with Brazil.

@Greebley - I think we have enough input to wrap the turn. I know it is holiday time, but any ETA?

ROSTER:

Not sure how much the game will get slowed down by the holidays coming up.

LKendter (skip to Jan 2)
Elephantium
TheRat
Greebley (up, in progress)
Jersey Joe (on deck)

Given the limited number of trading partners we have, maybe after we learn Naval Warfare,
we should consider increasing our Science Rate slightly.

We could then learn Code of Laws and Monarchy in less than 50 turns.

Preturn: Built an embassy with our eventual enemies.

IBT: Our unit that moved into US lands is killed by an Enslaver.
Greeks get Christianity.

500 BC: Kill a Warrior doesn't get us a Worker.

475 BC: Kill a Enslaver spotted in the IBT (invis attack)
Lose an Enslaver to a 2 hp Chariot.

450 BC: Kill an Archer (no Worker)

425 BC: Trade Mathematics for 20 gpt and 215 gold with Japan (Brazil also has it).
However, 2-fer fails as Mathematics is worth almost nothing toward getting trade from the US. Even if we threw in the Iron to all our gold and math we only get 'doubt' on getting Trade.
My guess is they are a turn or two from researching it - we just got unlucky and are stuck with the 1-fer.

400 BC: We lose one of exploring Spear to an invisible unit.

375 BC: Our luck with Enslavers is abysmal. We continue to get no new Workers. We do get our scheduled normal Worker.

350 BC: Edmond is built on the coast. I start building the first boat.

Stopping here as I am running out of time before a New Year trip.

We are behind in tech with no trades possible.

Notes:
Our continent could have any number of civs and we wouldn't know on it. We can't get past the AI by land. I think walls in Edmond can happen after we get a boat for each direction. If we move a second Spear into the town it is unlikely to be attacked by invisible units.

Our capitol is at 29 shields and building 1 turn Spear. I intended to switch to 1 turn Braves when the mine on the Pig is 1 turn away (that will be next turn). Build up Braves for an attach force.

No picture as the only change is we built a city on the coastal spot mentioned before. Lack of contact is really killing our ability for tech. Since comments were mixed I went with my own judgement. We don't need horses for a war and I am hoping for someone we can reach for trading purposes. A bit of a gamble on their being other civs.

Attachments

• LK157-350BC.SAV
    818 KB · Views: 125
ROSTER:

LKendter (on deck) (skip to Jan 2)
Elephantium
TheRat
Greebley
Jersey Joe (up, got it)

I am available to play starting tonight. Just a question of when JJ is done.

LKendter (on deck)
Elephantium
TheRat
Greebley
Jersey Joe (up, got it)

Before Ending 350 BC
Change build in Calgary from temple to forge.
and I hit enter:

Between Turn:
Brazilian and Japanese troops kill one another.

325 BC:
Vancouver builds Siege Workshop starts on Ballista shop.
Hurry scoutship in Edmonton.

Between Turns:
We catch a Japanese spy trying to sabotage production in Calgary.

300 BC:
Start building invasion force.

Between Turns:
Our Scout in Japanese territory is captured.

275 BC:
Hurry Scoutship in Edmonton.
Hurry Slavery in Vancouver.
Enslaver captures wounded Japanese Spearman. :)
Enslaver captures wounded Tupi Spearman. :)

Between Turns:
Brazilian and Japanese troops kill one another.

250 BC:
Our exploring Spearman kills invisible unit and gets promoted to veteran.

225 BC:
Continue building invasion force.

Between Turns:
Japan expels our exploring Spearman. He is teleported east of Japanese territory and we meet Korea :dance:
Israel finishes Jewish Worldreligion.
Arabs build Mausoleum of Mausollos.

200 BC:

Between Turns:
Yawn

175 BC:
eEnslaver captures Japanese Scout.
Enslaver kills Japanese Archer and is promoted to elite.

Between turns:
Babylon completes Worldreligion Islam.

150 BC:

125 BC:
Scout boards north bound scoutship.

Between turns:
Spearman attacked by invisible unit.

100 BC:
Enslaver kills invisible unit.

Between turns:
Persia completes Palace of Darius.

75 BC:
Enslaver kills Brazilian Horseman and is promoted to elite.
eEnslaver captures Brazilian Tamoio.
eEnslaver captures Brazilian Chariot.

Between turns:
Japanese are building Circus Maximus and Worldreligion Buddhism.

50 BC:
eEnslaver kills Brazilian Tamoio.
eEnslaver klls Brazilian Warrior.

Between turns:
Nothing new.

25 BC:
Our exploring Spearman finds India. :dance:
eEnslaver kills Japanese Archer.

Between turns:

1 AD:
India asks our Spear to leave its territory so I leave. I expect the spear will cross the border again next turn ;)
Here is the save:

Attachments

• LK157 1AD.SAV
    846.7 KB · Views: 124
Both Montreal and Vancouver are producing a veteran Brave each turn. Most of the Braves have been sent toward Edmonton.
We got a settler 25BC. In 1 AD he left Montreal by moving west across the river. He is guarded by 2 Braves.
In anticipation of the Settler being used to settle the Yellow site I have 2 teams of Workers building roads near Toronto. Each team can construct a road in 1 turn.
The Scoutship moving north into USA territory has a Scout on board.

I could have made a trade for either Philosophy or Riding but decided to wait the few turns until we learn Naval Warfare.

So here it is you get to start a new turnset in a new era :D

EDIT: There is a team of slaves near Edmonton that build a road every 2 turns. They will finish the current section of road at the end of next turn. Edmonton's borders should expand then.

Here is what our world looks like

ROSTER:

LKendter (up, got it)
Elephantium (on deck)
TheRat
Greebley
Jersey Joe

1 AD (0)
I upgrade our lone warrior to brave.
(IT) USA wants $37. I give it to him. I am not starting a war for such a trivial amount.

25 AD (1)
Trade is the most important tech to let us build markets and increase income. I ship India naval warfare and $102 for it.
We ship naval warfare to Brazil for philosophy.
We ship naval warfare and $118 to Korea for riding.
No trades were possible for construction.
We ship naval warfare to USA for $352.
We ship naval warfare to Japan for $300 and $2/turn.
(IT) Brazil is building the Great Lighthouse.

50 AD (2)
Our elite enslaver hits an injured Japan spear and kills it. (1-0)
(IT) India completes Ganges Pilgrimage. They have started there GA.

75 AD (3)
Winnipeg is founded at the horse and pigs spot.

100 AD (4)
Our elite enslaver hits a Japanese horse, and barely kills it. (2-0)
[End of session 1]
(IT) Greece completes Hagia Sophia.

125 AD (5)
Our elite enslaver hits a Brazil chariot, and kills it. (3-0)
Our vet enslaver hits a Japanese crossbow and dies. (3-1)
(IT) Babylon completes Dome of the Rock.

150 AD (6)
We are broke, but I buy construction from USA for horses, $1/T and all our cash ($897). The only other tech out there is religion, and we have no shot for it. Toronto swaps to aqueduct to keep growing.
(IT) We get booted by Korea.

175 AD (7)
Our elite enslaver hits a Brazil warrior, and kills it. (4-1)
We finally get a worker from our attacks.
Our elite enslaver hits a Japanese chariot, and barely kills it. (5-1)

200 AD (8)
I take a nap.

225 AD (9)
Our elite enslaver hits a damaged Japanese catapult, and simply kills it. (6-1)

I spend $65 to establish and embassy with India.
(IT) 3 USA troops cross our borders. I hope they aren't going to be stupid. I suspect not, since I haven't seen any more troops behind them.
Arabia completes the Great Lighthouse.

250 AD (10)
Our elite enslaver hits a Japanese crossbow, and simply kills it. (7-1)
Super Duper, Really Cool Enslaver arrives.

Summary:
I have no idea what to do with the leader at this point. Hopefully a tech will give us a special building to rush shortly.

I've been trying to get Brazil and Japan to put some units on flat lands for our enslavers to have fun with.

The scout has landed, but already found borders that I suspect are more Korea.
Our spear is stuck trying to find a way past India and Korea. The mountain ranges are brutal in that area.
One ship is now getting ready to explore the Korea coast. The other is inching toward Japan. I really hope we find more civs soon. I don't want to have to wait until ocean worth vessels to find more.

ROSTER:

LKendter
Elephantium (up)
TheRat (on deck)
Greebley
Jersey Joe

Attachments

• LK157-250AD.SAV
    853.3 KB · Views: 126
Top Bottom