LK158, CCM2, Canada

Our silly Domestic Advisor thinks we should build a Gold Mine. I think we should wait till we can build one on another land mass.

The Domestic Advisor is not so silly. In the current CCM2 biq sea trade (with tech Naval Power) and ocean trade (with tech Marine Engineering) are enabled. This setting was done due to the much stronger pcs that now are available and the fact, that players with weaker pcs now also can have very demanding games with CCM2 and smaller map sizes.

The luxury supplyshipment centers don´t provide the player with an additional route of air trade to the palace (this is done by later strategic resources supplyshipment centers).

The Domestic Advisor is not so silly. In the current CCM2 biq sea trade (with tech Naval Power) and ocean trade (with tech Marine Engineering) are enabled. This setting was done due to the much stronger pcs that now are available and the fact, that players with weaker pcs now also can have very demanding games with CCM2 and smaller map sizes.

The luxury supplyshipment centers don´t provide the player with an additional route of air trade to the palace (this is done by later strategic resources supplyshipment centers).
Based on that change, I vote to get Gold Mine built ASAP.

My thinking is Japan 3-4 cities -> possible treaty for tech -> USA -> rest of Japan if necessary -> India.

One advantage of killing Brazil right now is that we won't need 20 units in Old Brazil ready to take their last city (cities w/flips) in 20 turns. OTOH, getting Religion in a peace deal is a nice leg up on research...between the two, tactical flexibility is probably more valuable at this point in the game, especially given the flip %

I support the move to take out Brazil. Nothing is more frustrating than those flips. Those Brazilian cities will be key productive cities.

Preturn: We are able to buy Mounted Archery from Arabia which we trade for Dark Ages + all our gold and horses to India. We also get gpt and gold from USA and Japan.
Switch Admin Center to Theatre in capitol. Same number of turns for 1 content person but we get culture too.

IBT: No attacks

975 AD: Move units toward last city.

1000 AD:
Attack on Salvador loses an Elite Elephant and Vet Horseman.
We gain a Leader as well
LK157_AD1000.png

Even with everything we cannot get Religion from the newly met Hebrew.
Switch to science to reduce the cost.
LK157_AD1000b.png

IBT:

1025 AD: Rush a Gold Mine with the Leader.
Reducing resisters and concentrating on Science.

1050 AD:

1075 AD: We have quelled resistance and are moving units toward Japan.

IBT: Philosopers stone is built by Arabia

1100 AD:

1125 AD: Can finally get Religion from Israel after much research (high science + hired scientists for conquered cities without enough food). Also bought Feudalism for 82 gpt.

1150 AD: Went North of our continent and found Italy who is way behind in tech.

Notes:
Most units are close to the Japanese borders and Japan will leave our lands next IBT.

We probably have enough units to the east for the war now. We could ask Japan to leave in the hopes they declare war.

There are fortified troops in cities near the border. There may be some in other cties. I got a headache so didn't fully check

The one largest town was still starving so I was putting on taxmen (scientists before) every turn. It is getting close to small enough.

Attachments

• LK157-1150 AD.SAV
    900.9 KB · Views: 73
Good riddance to Brazil. Glad to see we killed our first civ.

LKendter (up, and got it)
Elephantium (on deck)
TheRat
Greebley
Jersey Joe (swapped)

Great job finishing off Brazil and getting us those technologies.

War will start with Japan this round.

Last edited:
1150 AD (0)
Greebley wasn't kidding about Israel being useless for tech. Best we can hope is they become a source of low cash.

I find some elite units asleep in former Brazil. I wake them up to start heading toward the war front.
(IT) Spain complains about our troops. Italy has the same complaint.

1175 AD (1)
The big move toward Japan begins.
(IT) Toronto is perfect for 1 turn pikes. We will need some defense as we push into Japan.

1200 AD (2)
Troops begin to pile up along the border. There are still a lot of stragglers on the way.
Israel has some token cash, so I send him furs to $12 and $7/T.

1210 AD (3)
Our first pikes make the borders. With all those attack 3 units from Japan, we can use a few.
Spain now has token cash, so I ship furs for $48, and $6/T. All the token GPT is appreciated. It will help tide us over until some more markets arrive.
(IT) We get booted by Japan. I don't care, as the workers did their job and fixed a missing road where the attack will start.
Arabia completes Hanseatic League. It requires navigation, so we know they are ahead by several techs.

1220 AD (4)
:sleep:

1230 AD (5)
(IT) Arabia completes the Arsenal. Naval guns have been researched.

1240 AD (6)
[End of session 1]

1250 AD (7)
I demand Japan leave our territory. Japan wimps out, and the troops leave. I simply declare war.
The mega-stack crosses the border by Kagoshima. The forest stops any attacks this round.
(IT) We lost a pike (0-1)

1260 AD (8)
We kill: 5 pike, 1 foot Samurai, 1 siege crossbow, 4 cataphract and 3 mounted Samurai. (14-1)
We lost: 1 catapult, 1 enslaver, 1 brave and 2 chariot. (14-6)
We captured Kagoshima for $0 and a worker.
(IT) We lost a pike. (14-7)
Arabia is building East India Company and Magellan's Voyage.

1270 AD (9)
We kill: 3 pikes, 2 longbow, 1 catapult, 1 archer, 1 spear, 1 crossbow, 6 mounted Samurai and 1 foot Samurai. (30-6)
We lost: 1 siege bow, 2 elephants, 1 horse lancer and 3 braves. (30-11)
4 of those losses were to one lousy demonic pike in a forest across our borders.
We gained 3 workers.
(IT) We kill: 1 mounted Samurai. (31-11)

1280 AD (10)
We kill: 4 pike, 1 crossbow, 1 MDI, 1 mounted Samurai and 1 longbow. (39-11)
We take Nagoya for $0, and a worker.
[End of session 2]

Japan has a really ugly city buried by India. We either have to stay in perpetual war, or take a peace break if they will give us this city. We can't defend it, and would simply abandon it.

The Japanese front:

Next turn will confirm Italy is an isolated island. Once the ship confirms that, please send it toward the red arrow area. There are at least 2 deep sea tiles, not ocean there. We may have another land mass above it.

Summary:
Our big stack is fortified on the mountain by Kagoshima. My gut says wait 2 to 3 turns to make sure Japan's troops are mostly killed. I would keep at least one pike there at all times. That would be an ugly spot for Japan to get a block of troops. This would also give time for all the healing troops to make the pile before moving out. The captured workers are hiding under this stack. Japan has done a lousy job of tile development. We need to be able to fill in the road gaps as we move forward.

Brasilia is working on an admin center. I am hoping the combination of that, and mining some tiles can get it to 30 shields. Former Brazil is paper-thin on defense. Even the lame AI landings could cost us a city or 2. I am looking just to get one pike per city, and a mobile unit in range of each city. Send the junk units toward Japan, as they are still good to break resistance, and we don't care if we lose them.

Toronto is building 1 turn pikes. Watch the rivers carefully.
Montreal and Vancouver are 1 turn horse lancers. Calgary is 2 turn horse lancers.

Our tech situation is a potential disaster. I suspect we are ~10 techs behind Arabia based on his great buildings. The land-mass with Arabia still only has 3 civs spotted. Based on how much of a wonder hog Arabia is, I suspect that is the land-mass with the best science.
I have science at 20% hoping to speed up our ability to get chivalry. We may have to go to self-research earlier than normal. We don't have enough trading partners.

We are in better shape with taking out Brazil, but this game by no means feels in the bag yet.

ROSTER:

LKendter
Elephantium (up)
TheRat (on deck)
Greebley
Jersey Joe

Attachments

• LK157-1280AD.SAV
    979.6 KB · Views: 91
Nice progress vs. Japan. I'll keep up the pressure and maybe start some science buildings once old Brazil has some defenders.

I've got it.

Good start verse Japan. :thumbsup:

It appears that Tokyo supplies Iron to Japan. So when we capture Tokyo we cripple there ability to make good units and when we capture Osaka we stop them from building Mouted troops(except Chariots). I think we should go for the total destruction of Japan.

We will need to build a Navy to win so we might as well start now and use it to conquer Izumo.

Good start against Japan. Remember they got their UU wonder. If we capture it, it will produce units for us regularly.

It looks as though we are on a small continent. This will be an uphill battle, but with this team, what could go wrong :cool:

Did we ever get a consensus on the next city site? I need to decide where to send the new Settler.

Promising sites are:

* Western continent, S of Israel. There is one site with a natural harbor, cow, and 2 seals. Otherwise, there's too much fog to really tell.
* The 2-fish hill N-NW of Calgary.
* The 2-game forest NE of Vancouver. It risks sharing tiles with Calgary, Vancouver, or Kagoshima, though.

* Western continent, S of Israel. There is one site with a natural harbor, cow, and 2 seals. Otherwise, there's too much fog to really tell.
It would be nice as a beachhead. However, our ability to reinforce this spot will be limited. Are we ready to commit to a constant stream of troops? It won't survive with out that. We would need at least one ship constantly shipping troops.

Top Bottom