LK158, CCM2, Canada

/de-lurk

Loads of weak units? Sounds like a leader farm.

Why not take out Israel and use leaders from the Italian campaign to get newly conquered cities infrastructure up quicker?

/lurk

Amazing work against Japan and USA, Joe !

If we attack one of the small Island civs, be prepared for 'they are billions'. I would rather take on the bigger Island first, especially since we can establish a base there and then let the enemy troops come at us before expanding.

1585 AD (0)
I will pass on any deal with Arabia. I won't give up a lot of cash if I can't get a least a 2 for 1 deal. Once steam rollers arrive we will need a ton of cash to rush them on top of workers upgrading to partisans.
I sell Israel naval guns for $1200 and $6/turn. I don't like leaving the AI with any large blocks of cash.

There are enough troops to hold of India for a while. I am going to squeeze some buildings into those cities that have been stuck on military for ages. If nothing else, I hate being stuck on 30% luxuries.

Former America really needs some worker help. Way too many plains tiles were mined and the cities are really constrained for growth.

We kill: 3 pike and 2 crossbows. We gain 2 workers. (6-0)
(IT) India dances around, but nothing crosses our borders. There are building a large pike stack in the forest.

1590 AD (1)
I get a lot more of our troops on standby for when that big stack crosses the border.
I ship Spain naval guns for $1,266 and $25/T.
I ship Poland chivalry since they suddenly have some cash. $515 can't hurt.
(IT) We complete supply center (ivory).
We lost an explorer that got too close to India. (6-1)

1595 AD (2)
We kill: 42 pikes and 1 catapult ship. We gained 1 worker. (49-1)
We lost: 13 knights and 1 enslaver. (49-14)
Pike Killing Knight arrives during that craziness. Satsuma gets a rushed port.
That is a terrible kill ratio. 4 attack with retreat possibility should have done far better against defend 3 units.
(IT) India wants to talk. I tell them to screw off since that won't give anything good.
Another stack of pikes crosses our border. The stack behind that is worse, since it has crossbows.

1600 AD (3)
Izumo is toast. India built roads over the mountain. A large stack crossed the border there. I abandon the city.
We kill: 10 pikes. (59-14)
We lost: 1 knight and 1 bombard. (59-16)

Our explorer peaks across the mountains. India still has several more decent size stacks heading our way.
(IT) Unexpected fast units show up, and we lost 1 crossbow and 1 bombard to them. We killed 1 Indian ship that attack our crew leaving Izumo. (60-18)
Spain completes Spanish Treasure Fleet. They got there golden age.

1605 AD (4)
We kill: 2 knights, 1 elephant, 10 crossbow and 20 pikes. (93-18)
We lost: 1 siege-bow, 2 enslaver and 3 knights. (93-24)
WTH - we lost 2 enslavers to 1 defense crossbows?
[End of session 1]

1610 AD (5)
We kill: 2 crossbows and 10 pikes. (105-24)
We lost: 1 bombard. (105-25)
Tuskers War Elephant arrived during this round. Satsuma gets a rushed granary to start growing faster.
(IT) India got the loaded transport trying to recall the troops from Izumo. (105-28)

1615 AD (6)
We kill: 1 crossbow and 29 pikes. (135-28)
We lost: 9 knights, 1 MDI and 1 knight of the realm. (135-39)
Ultimate Knight of the Realm arrives. Satsuma gets a rushed bank. I can't wait to the city gains some pop.
I ran out of troops before the stack died. The initial rush is still insane.

I find a sliver of new land above Spain. So far no borders can be spotted.
(IT) We lost our supply of spices. We get them back, but instead of Arabia paying us 1/T, we pay 6/T.
Over stacking the volcano paid off. We killed 2 crossbows, 3 knights, and 2 elephants losing just 1 musket. (142-40)

1620 AD (7)
We kill: 2 elephants and 11 pikes. (155-40)
I am happy to have excess troops, and fortifying some. The stack coming next turn is again large.

Sadly, it is a 2 tile island above Spain. We really need more contacts. Is the rest of the map a bunch of wimps like Italy, or more Arabian monsters?
(IT) We take a lot of damage, but hold. We kill 3 knights and 6 elephants. (164-40)

1625 AD (8)
We kill: 1 siege crossbow, 3 knights, 1 crossbow and 16 pikes. We gain a worker. (185-40)
We lost: 3 knights. (185-43)
Amazing Knight of the Realm arrives and Satsuma gets a rushed coliseum.
Holy, Holy, Holy Missionary arrives. Nagasaki gets a rushed coliseum.

Another island is spotted right next to the 2 tile island. There is still no sign of borders.

Last edited:
Pink dot is where I want to claim on the other land mass. We have a settler slowly marching there. This spot gets a wheat, and saltpeter. The spot is very intentionally along the 4 space line. This will let our caravels load one side, and next turn unload and return. A caravel is ready to send 3 more units over right now. Another caravel is 2 turns from dropping off 3 workers. We need to have units arriving every turn from former Brazil if we hope to keep this city. IMO one city is the limit we can handle until we can talk about former India.

Despite the crazy amount of Indian units I killed during my set we still have decent stacks on the way. I have no idea when will finally exhaust the initial rush.

America is way to dry. I've started working on irrigation. We still need a ton of work to grow those cities to decent size.

The work needed in this section is even more intense.

An overview of the Indian front. We will need roads on the green lines to keep the front moving. Not only do we have the big stack I showed earlier, but a steady stream of nuisance stacks.

Summary:

Former Brazil still needs a lot of worker love. I am mining the irrigation by Salvador right now. Brasilia has the same problem. IMO at least 2 cities need to stay on units. Alternating which one is fine. Any unit builds in former Brazil needs to reinforce pink dot. The settler is currently just above Rio.

I squeezed in a few privateers to explore. One privateer is to explore each side of Italy, and one to explore the South Pole. We need to try and sneak in another occasional ship. For being so late in the game we have pitiful map knowledge, and far too few contacts.

Our troop supply heading to India is:
Edmonton - 2 turn knights
Toronto - 1 turn knights
Vancouver - will be ready for 1 turn knights after the bank is done. Infrastructure is finally caught up.
Winnipeg, Calgary, and Ottawa - will be ready for 2 turn knights after the great religious center is done. This big block will be needed to finally break out.

Montreal - 1 turn muskets. We really need more for when we try and break out. My stack of 8 by Satsuma has barely been enough. I still don't know if a large stack of fast is on the way. Every turn has one more musket arrive.

There sheer size of India says at least 3 more sets to wipe them out. I think there is a chance the fight with India will still be going my next set. They have plenty of cities 20+ squares away from Satsuma. We won't be able to cut their iron source soon as the visible one is by Calcutta. The good part of the battle is we will have to have coal when we own that monstrous mountain range.

Don't forget steam rollers are very expensive. I really want to save our cash for when they arrive.

ROSTER:

LKendter
Elephantium (up)
TheRat (on deck)
Greebley
Jersey Joe

Attachments

• LK157-1625AD.SAV
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
:thumbsup:Well fought. India has many more veteran troops than the US had. Most of my US kills were regular troops.

Calgary can produce 1 turn Knights if it works the 2 Mountains. With a Castle former Japanese cities could build 2 turn Musketmen and they would not have as far to travel.

Do we want to be building new Granaries (Medicine makes them obsolete)?

I like your suggested city site. Circus Maximus should produce a settler soon. Maybe save that settler for some place in India so we could have a "flip free hospital".

If we do not meet some new trading partners soon, maybe even if we do, we should start preparing to self research.

If we do not meet some new trading partners soon, maybe even if we do, we should start preparing to self research.
I squeezed more academies in during my turn set. I didn't build the expensive universities.

Do we want to be building new Granaries (Medicine makes them obsolete)?
I forget about them going obsolete. Change those to something else, and wait for hospitals.

Last edited:
I just confirmed how much slower the tech pace is this game. LK156 had rifles, dragoons, lawyers, etc in 1645. We completed Transcontinental Railroad in 1670 (rail yards everywhere).

IIRC we get steam rollers with railroad at the end of this era.

This game I would like to get Crystal Palace (available with railroad). It is a second source of 2 free techs. I want to go full research after our cheap tech run is complete. Getting that wonder will jump us to the other 2 tech wonder.

Elephantium, if you get a settler from Circus Maximus, please post what turn the settler was created on? :please:
If you do not know the exact turn close would be helpful.

Sure, no problem.

We got the CM settler immediately after I started playing: the IBT between 1625 and 1630. He's currently awaiting his chance to build something on the Indian front.

Top Bottom