LK159 - CCM 2.4, Egypt

I hope I can do a special fix for your game by the end of this weekend.
We may hit that problem before the weekend. Depending how fast TheRat finishes his turns, I may hit railroad before then...

The problem doesn´t appear when your civ has researched railroad, but when Russia has researched that tech and tries to build its first ironclad - and there are some more problems with protected cruisers coming with Tech Explosives and the French light cruiser Jurien de la Graviere Class coming in early era 3, where the folder and the INI must be renamed to Jurien de la Graviere Clas (one s at the end), as the name exceeded the memory of the editor and the editor cut away the last letter of that ship in the PRTO_link of that unit.

JJ, do you still have the spreadsheet? I'd be interested in taking a look at it.

The planning you add to these games is nothing short of awe-inspiring! Kudos! :bowdown:
I am retired and can devote some of my time, which used to be spent at work, playing games.
Here is a link to the libre-office spreadsheet. I added headings and notes. You will see it was mostly just needing the time.

I hope ThERat gets lucky with trading the way I did with Liz (my first trades with her should run out in a turn or 2). Techs are becoming very expensive.

Which way is better, (a) to lower the cost of a tech by researching it or, (b) dropping the research slider to 0% and accumulating gold to buy the tech?

If things go well for us, we should also try and get Explosives before we build the Crystal Palace.
Also, do we want to use Pi-Ramesses to build Wonders? If we do, Pi-Ramesses will need to build a factory (partial rush) and start a pre-build for Industrial Center (75% increase in shield production). With 3 Railroaded mines Pi-Ramesses will be producing 100 shields per turn. It could build the Eiffel Tower in 6 turns. Also, see below, it could build Arms Race in 6 turns.

If we do get the sling shot into the next era, the path to Communism is Nationalism -> Corporation -> Communism.

Another way to get there is to research Scientific Method and build Arms Race for 2 advances (Nationalism & Corporation). Usually we have Arms Race to get Electricity & Atomic Theory.

Which way is better, (a) to lower the cost of a tech by researching it or, (b) dropping the research slider to 0% and accumulating gold to buy the tech?
Don't forget sometime in the next age we lose the ability to trade, as all techs become unable to trade. We need to keep pushing the ability to self-research. With where we are stuck in the tech right now, buying is not efficient IMO. The big goal with buying is 2+ for 1 trades. Can't happen until we exit the age.

Also, do we want to use Pi-Ramesses to build Wonders?
There are a lot of nice wonders now. A second strong city for wonder building would be great.

Another way to get there is to research Scientific Method and build Arms Race for 2 advances (Nationalism & Corporation). Usually we have Arms Race to get Electricity & Atomic Theory.
Don't forget about being able to build settlers. That is why we go that way. I know that CCM nerfed combat settlers some with costing a pop-point, but they still have value. We just need to have some very high-food cities with granaries and some shields.
The question is to we care more about vet units for filling in the land a lot faster?

I based on last game, we will not be able to trade some techs in the second row. Techs got moved around and changed names so I am not sure about this game.
Here are the base research costs, to us, for various techs:
Napoleonic Age 10,000
Industrialization 10,000
Railroad 10,000
Explosives 9,000
Steel 12,000
Imperialism 10,000
Industrial Age
Nationalism 14,000
The Corporation 12,000
Communism 15,000
Improved Steam Engines 14,000
Scientific Method 14,000
Electricity 15,000
Atomic Theory 15,000

Besides the Settlers, getting Electricity will let us plant trees (after rails) and improve shield production for cities with nothing but grassland.
We also have a few cities without barracks with decent shield production that could be used to build Steamrollers.

To go for the sling shot to Atomic Theory we also need to know Improved Steam Engines.

Maybe we should research Scientific Method and start Arms Race (in Pi-Ramesses) as soon as we learn (either by trade or self-research) it. Drop research slider to 0%. If we can trade for Improved Steam Engines before Arms Race is complete we go for Atomic Theory. Otherwise we go for Communism (we might even pick up either Nationalism or The Corporation by trade).

Pre-Turn

MM to squeeze out more scientist without compromising growth

IT Aztecs come out in big force, attack us several times and we go 3-2 with some retreats on both sides

Turn 1 - 1655AD
with the big stacks around, we need to consolidate
We have a bog stack at Xochi, hence we need to take the city to be able to send the cavalry back to defend
we go 4-2 and capture Xochi, several retreats help us here again
our troops cant reach the previous threatened city, we need a monk or so, defeat a wounded enemy but get nothing
Defend Tzint (I rename all those cities too difficult to even write) by taking out 16 unit removing that threat
near Tlacopan, we need to clear enemy units too
go 7-1 and spot another stack

sell Poland free artistry for 52gpt and 110gold

IT South America declares war on Dutch, then a big stack of Aztec units moves onto Xochi
we really should have maybe fought them off in our land first
Several Nations start Code Civil

The stack we face at Xochi

Turn 2 - 1660AD
bite the bullet and buy Napoleonic Age from Australia for 5000g and 250gpt, very expensive
get democracy from Britain for Napoleonic Age, get some gpt back by selling absolutism to Germany for 155gpt

getting back to work and start attacking the stack at Xochi, going from 38 units there to 16
moving over to Tlacopan, we defeat 9 units and gain a MGL, which is used to rush Constitution
gain an GA as well

Brace for the counterattack

IT Well, no counter, Aztec troops also move towards the Tlacopan/Tyre area.

Turn 3 - 1665AD
Lots of troops need to heal, which without barracks is a pain. Gain another leader near Tyre while taking out
2 smaller stacks. Rush courthouse in Tyre with that
At Xochi, take out most of the remainder of the big stack, park units outside city

Get two luxuries from Britain back trading 2 of ours + elephants

IT Aztecs move some units back towards Xochi
Rich China demands 100g, I tell them to back off and they do :)

Turn 4 - 1670AD
While defeating more units around Xochi, gain a monk which expands Xochi's borders. That's crucial here
we found red dot to get iron into our borders
Nearby the Japanese think they can be funny by founding a city very close to our borders. Let's see whether we can flip it

IT zzz

Turn 5 - 1675AD
shift some of our cavalry to be able to attack Atzca next turn, also advance carefully towards Tlacopan
we still heal quite a few units inside Tyre and parked in the desert
rush a courthouse at our new city Asyut, the MGl came from a mullah attack

IT Australia finishes the Sydney Cove

Turn 6 - 1680AD
Industrialization has again spread to just about everyone in the lead. This is annoying
buy it from Maghreb for 250gpt and 980g. Our own research certainly made that cheaper
rush factory in Alexandria for 304gold
coupled with a few expired deals, our income is down to 211gpt

we meet the completely broke and backwater Korea
defeat two units and Atzca is ours, decide to move on to Texcoco gaining a MGL in the process
this one will rush something in Sidon

IT Aztecs counter attack but only retreat 3 of our fast units
Maghreb finish Code Civil

Turn 7 - 1685AD
use the MGL to rush the port in Sidon even though we need a MGL for the capitol. I think, we should decide where to build it once the
war with Aztecs is over. Maybe in Aztec lands with a more strategic location.

take out 3 units and Texcoco is ours, load the city with units while defeating any stray Aztecs there
Aztecs are clearly being overwhelmed now
capture Tlacopan going 3-1, use the GA to expand the borders

MM Alexandria to 60 shields by using a policeman. Crystal Palace would take 10 turns now

Turn 8 - 1690AD
At Tlacopan, move on to the next city while making sure we don't lose many units if there would be flips
Same for Texcoco

IT Silver deal with Germany runs out, I sell them enlightenment for silver, 108g and 58gpt
Aztecs counters are really very limited, they are gassed
Scandinavia finishes Storm of the North

Turn 9 - 1695AD
sell Rome economics for 123gpt and 160g
Take Teotihuacan without losses, take Calix and gain a MGL, this one I will keep for us to maybe rush the capitol
in Aztecs capital. The capital has two wonders as well which don't go obsolete.
Move some troops to capture small Malinalco

I make peace with Spain and we get Satander, a city in the midst of their land. I am afraid that won't last long

IT Aztecs come with a small stack near Xochi from the Arab desert
we get the message that Russia starts Crystal Palace

Turn 10 1700AD
Again, all major nations have railroad
We do have 6 turns left for research on RR, which would match the completion time for our prebuild. I suggest to wait
with buying the technology a little as the price will drop. Currently we could get it for 250gpt and 1000+gold

By the way, we could build the desert fort at Calix

capture Malinalco, attack the capital Tenochtitlan, defeat 5 defenders but as usual, the capital is full of units
I bring more units in, while not neglecting the captured cities and their flip risks. Hopefully the next player
can capture the capital next turn and rush the capitol there for reduced flip risk etc

I sent a few worker stacks back to the core in case we buy RR and want to start with that
I have a few cities to produce regular infantry. They can also serve as MPs too, so regular status is less of an issue

Two cities are slowly building their factory, a truly expensive building
I avoided to starve Xochi, once Aztecs are gone that city is immediately very useful.

If we want, we can rush an infantry in Satander, but I am not sure whether sinking any gold into that city will be worth the effort

Our frontlines with the MGL waiting to rush capitol in Tenochtitlan

Attachments

• LK159-1700 AD.SAV
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
Good Job, in both Trading and, taking care of the Aztec. :thumbsup: Alexandria is on track to build the Crystal Palace in 1714. Russia's Golden Age should have ended before they started the Crystal Palace in St. Pete. St. Pete is the second Russian city built. It is most likely in the fog near Moscow which means it not going to be able to produce many shields per turn. It will take Alexandria 7 turns to accumulate the remaining 420 shields needed to build the Crystal Palace. Therefore, St. Pete has 6 turns in which to accumulate 360 shields to build the Crystal Palace before us. To me it looks like we win the race :)

Looks like the major nations are learning a tech every 4 years. That means they learn Explosives in 1908. Ideally we should learn Explosives before completing the Crystal Palace so we can get Steel and Imperialism and enter the Industrial Age.
I think we should trade for Railroads either this turn or next turn so we can put some research into Explosives. After trading for Explosives we should drop the research slider to 0% until the Crystal Palace is built.

ROSTER:

LKendter (up)
Jersey Joe (on deck)
Elephantium
Greebley
TheRat

Of course this comes when I have a busy weekend. I don't expect fast turn around. Tonight may also be partially booked...

1700 AD (0)
We can see 2 Aztec cities. I see borders hinting where the third one is. The question is where is the fourth one hiding?

I change Santander to explorer, and rush it. This city is hopeless long-term, but I won't argue with a chance to gain some map knowledge on that land mass.

It helps a future enemy, but the deal is too good. I get rails from Russia for saltpeter, iron and rubber. I don't think waiting 20 turns will hurt us. We need time to build the rail-net. I would like our best troop cities to have factories before the next war. The next target is Arabia heading down that coast.
Alexandria switches to Crystal Palace due in 7 turns. Research is switched to explosives.
Starting next turn all workers will switch to the rail thin-net as soon as their current tasks are done.

I sell backwards France absolutism for $20 and $44/T.

1702 AD (1)
The mystery city turns out to be Arabic. We still have 2 unknown Aztec cities to locate.

I've been working on the railroad…

I captured Tenochtitlan. We now control Indigenous Mythology and Christianization. I don't know the name yet, but I can see another Aztec city. Our leader rushes the Capitol in Tenochtitlan. We captured 2 workers in the city.

I cleared out the Aztec stack by Mekka.

We killed Aztec: 4 Meso spears, 3 crossbow, 4 Meso fire lancers, and 4 Archer. (15-0)
We lost 1 Hussar. (15-1)
(IT) Santander was captured by Spain. We didn't even get the adventurer out exploring.
We get booted from Arabian territory.
We lost 1 cannon, and killed 1 Aztec crossbow. (16-2)

1704 AD (2)
We killed Aztec: 1 crossbow. We gained 1 worker. (17-2)

I sell democracy to the lowlands for $86 and $70/T.
(IT) We suffer a flip in Teotihuacan.

1706 AD (3)
Our first rail segment is completed by Pasargadae.
Our enslaver hits a Russia worker, but simply kills him.

Tlaxcala is captured. It comes with an absurd 20 resistors. We find 2 workers inside.
Lee's Egyptian Knight arrives during the fighting. It is a risk, but I rush a factory there.

We killed Aztec: 3 pikes. (20-2)
We lost 1 hussar.
[End of session 1]
(IT) This is getting annoy. Now Atzca flips back to the Aztecs.
We lost a cavalry. (20-3)

1708 AD (4)
Teotihuacan is ours again. We sunk some ships in port.

We killed Aztec: 5 late pikeman, and 1 Meso fire lancers. (25-4)

I ship Russia coal, silks, and $3,444. We now have explosives. I shut science off, since Crystal Palace is due in 3 turns. I'm not sure why it is one turn later then JJ's prediction.
I sell Israel explosives for $191 and $51/T. That is cheap, but I suspect they would complete in a turn or two.
I ship an older tech of naval power to France for $139, and $117/T.
I ship Poland economics for $69, and $31/T.
I ship Scandinavia tobacco for $12/T.
I rush our first steamrollers.
Once we finish of the Aztecs we can rush some there. I know the foreign ones are slower, but those are the only cities with a ton of unproductive population. We lack the cash to rush a lot right now.
(IT) I am totally jinxed this round. Now Calix flips back to the Aztecs.
The Aztecs lost 2 crossbows. (27-4)

I see lots of Russians moving by Asyut. They are going away from us, so I don't know who the target is.
To be continued

Here is a small patch for your current game. The patch contains some ships that were forgotten to be added to the mainfile or had different PRTO_Links in the biq of your succession game. Simply zip the new units in the unit folder and replace the INI files of the Garibaldi Class and the Lambros Katsonis Class with the new INIs in the patch to fix some sound problems with those units. Also please replace the pediaicons file in the text folder with the new one (after renaming the old file to pediaicons1 - or something like that).

It seems, I had corrected the Dmitrii Donskoi Class short before the upload and it is o.k. in the game. Even the Jurien de la Graviere Class had a correction in its PRTO_link of the biq. I have cut away the Class in the link and set the biq only to Jurien de la Graviere - but in the unit folder the name of the unit and the units INI was still Jurien de la Graviere Class.

There are several more PRTO_link errors in Dreadnoughts WW II, coming with tech Interwar Period. As these errors can easily be fixed by renaming those links (what isn´t helpful for your current succession game that must still be played with the settings of the biq CCM2.4) and you normally have won your games before reaching this tech, the patch doesn´t hold fixes for those WWII Dreadnoughts. If you are coming near to that tech in your game, I will do an additional patch so you can continue your game without having a crash by those wrong links (in short in that case additional unit folders must be created for several of the WWII dreadnoughts).

Edit: Replaced the patch for your succession game with a new patch that holds even the wrong entry for the medieval naval explorer in the pediaicons file.

Attachments

• Succession Game-Patch.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Good Progress so far.:thumbsup:

When you get another Great Leader, consider rushing Industrial Center in Pi-Ramesses (might have to build a factory there first).

1708 AD (4)
I ship Russia coal, silks, and $3,444. We now have explosives. I shut science off, since Crystal Palace is due in 3 turns. I'm not sure why it is one turn later then JJ's prediction.
It is later than what I predicted before ThERat's turnset, but right on my later prediction.
Alexandria is on track to build the Crystal Palace in 1714.

Patched caused a new issue:
Was:
#ICON_PRTO_Medivial Naval Explorer
art\civilopedia\icons\units\Santa-LG.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\units\Santa-SM.pcx
Now:
#ICON_PRTO_Medieval Naval Explorer
art\civilopedia\icons\units\Santa-LG.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\units\Santa-SM.pcx

Had to rename that unit folder, and the .ini underneath.

Medivial vs Medieval
Missed that the end of it also changed.

Still investigating, game load attempt failed again.

Top Bottom