LK159 - CCM 2.4, Egypt

At some point we will need ships to make the other land mass. Something close to the other land mass would be nice to give us time to build a navy.

Would it be outrageous to build ships in the coastal Old Arabian cities and put together a 4-5 ship landing expedition? Once we can build airports, the ships will be (mostly) irrelevant, and all we'll need is one city on the other landmass as a toehold.

Would it be outrageous to build ships in the coastal Old Arabian cities and put together a 4-5 ship landing expedition? Once we can build airports, the ships will be (mostly) irrelevant, and all we'll need is one city on the other landmass as a toehold.
IIRC steam rollers can't be airlifted. We would need enough of a fleet to be able to keep shipping those over.

I don't have the game up, but could be take out the very backwards Inca? Ships could jump to the next big land mass from there.

Now I recall the other reason I hate upgrading all our workers to partisans. Now the only way to drop airfields is with very expensive steam rollers.

Our trade deal with Australia lasts 12 more turns, they are on our western border. So it looks like the choices of direction are limited to east, south or both.
When the last 3 turns of our trade agreement with France expires we should annex their territory. If Japan hinders our attacking France we annex the Japanese territory. We then take out the Maghreb.

Also, I think we should start building a rail line South and attack the USA, after the last 3 turns of that trade agreement followed by Scandinavia. (The USA does not own any great wonders so most of their cities are useless.)

Another benefit of going south is the amount of unsettled territory (mostly jungle).

Another benefit of going south is the amount of unsettled territory (mostly jungle).
With building settlers now, even junk jungle cities help toward domination. IIRC we already get a free culture building every new city thanks to former Aztecs.

I have not upgraded 'all' workers. I upgraded our own native workers as it's free. However, we do still have quite a few foreign workers. They can be used to build airfields. As tanks and steamrollers can't be airlifted, we don't need hundreds of them anyway.

The war with Russia has given us more workers as well, for example capturing steamrollers results in two workers etc.

Didn't have a whole lot of time this last week - I am in 1784 AD. We went for the US; I count 3 cities left. Will pass it on next weekend at latest.

Spent cash on some world maps. This is what the world currently looks like. It turns out East-most point seems closer than the Western one by a square or two.
LK159_1784_MAP.png

I am going to stop on the current turn which is 5 played (1786). I will do some town MM (the units are moved) so should be able to hand it over tomorrow afternoon-ish Eastern US time.

We have our first motorized settlers - what do we want to research next? Early Tanks or Flight? Other?

Flight helps us get moving on the other continent sooner. Otherwise, Submarines can be researched faster than the other techs available right now.

Still a while to the other land mass. Tanks help immediately.

Today is wide open to play.

Preturn: Stealing plans from Arabia is only 200. I do so to also see where the settler is and where it may be going. It is possible it is heading to a spot we could reach on the other side of the continent through the Jungle mentioned.

Also steal map from Turkey to learn the rest of the coastline we are missing due to lost boats. It actually may be shorter to the other continent from the eastmost point than the west. Therefore east will be the preferred direction of attack.

Great refinery goes into our current top shield producer: Byblos. It has a lot of hills.
Some Russian cities adjsusted from clowns.

IBT: Ford is being started by some civs.

1782: USA seems a good target. Arabia is sort of heading that way too. Start a road south. We got a settler as well for a town.
Stole Dutch and Magreb maps.

Going to try for Ford. We can get in 4 which beats at least 2 civs working on it (also in 4).

Rush Steam Rollers this turn. We have a break in the wars and getting them sooner improves more squares. Gold is a bit below 100k.

IBT: Volcano Erupts. Might break our road system.

1783: Build Buto just outside US borders.

Declare war with the US.

Using Partisans I capture Seattle, San Francisco (losing 1), Buffalo (losing 1), gaining Partisans as I do so. Partisans are especially effective vs backward civs with Pikes.

However, Washington is a different matter. We lose the first 4 Partisan battles and 7 (or 8?) overall. I have to use an Artist to allow the Hotchkiss to get to Washington so we can take it. We lose two Hotchkiss as well. It was Bad RNG as losses included def 2 injured units. All in all we came around even with 8-9 Partisan gained and 9-10 lost.

Steal the Scandanavian map as well. It allows us to see America fully. It shows we can capture Chicago. Capturing Chicago shows a number of large stacks nearby.

I kill off one stack with Trebs and defend the Chicago heavily in case of attack.

IBT: USA troops go west away from their own lands.
LK159_AD1874.png

Dutch might be thinking of attacking us.

1874 AD: Capture Boston for a net gain of 1 Partisan. Capture Houston over the Mountain with 2 Partisan. Use a Monk which allows us to reach Miami with Hotchkiss

Miami has 2 Spear and falls without loss. Can take Atlanta which is reachable now with Partisan. New York is Tough and I use a recently acquired Monk so Hotchkiss reach.

We have sped up Atomic Theory by 1 (due in 2) so I can trade now. Get 21451 from Magreb and 142 gpt from Israel. Do some lesser trades as well.

We have no outstanding deals with Magreb, France, and Japan which would be our next opponents if we go East. I do sell a tech to Scandanavia which might be our 4th or 5th opponent.

Great Artists put in Aniba(Monks). We have 3 of them after gaining one this turn and last.

IBT: USA troops head toward our cities this round. It would be nice to eliminate them to take the useless ones off the board. We have still not fought their main forces.

Mekka (Arabia) flipped.

Dutch continue north not attacking a large stack. Spot the first Chinese forces.

1785 AD:
Capture back Mekka.

Partisans taking Philadelphia gain back more than they lose taking Philadelphia. We lose one taking Saint Louis.

We next kill Pike/Crossbow stacks using Infantry and Hotchkiss on the Pikes to allow Lawyers, Mullah, Partisans to try for recruits. We gain a Monk and Artist + some Partisans.

USA had a settler but we were able to kill locate and kill it with 'steal plans' and US is gone.

Tell the Dutch they have to leave and they declare war as expected. I kill the units that had entered our lands.

IBT: We get Atomic Theory. I go ahead to build some Settlers. We also managed to get Ford's Factory and free Assembly lines everywhere. I start TOE in the same town (science is high enogh as it is 1/2 coastal) in 3 turns

Uruk flipped.

1876 AD: Will likely stop here after 5 turns rather than start another war.
Units are injured due to attempting upgrades with weak USA units so many are healing. As usual, I use the capitol since I can get there easily with the h key.

Recapture Uruk.

Given the number of turns I expect Arabia has landed the settler. I steal their plans and it is in the area I expected it was heading. Unfortunately, I didn't do it right. I should have done the Arabia first and I would have been able to Eliminate them. As it is I don't reach with the Steamrollers and also have to pull off several Infantry from guard duty to cover.

Note that I think the next player should be able to see where the settler is but I will also give an image.

Notes:
If I redid the last turn I greatly improve unit placement. I didn't eliminate the Arabs instead went after cheap kills of Vikings passing through our lands and ran out of Infantry so Hotchkiss are suppressing resistors. I didn't fortify them so they will become active next turn, but the units should be reorganized and the Arabs killed off. That will remove all flip chances.

Magreb has Dreadnoughts. I am wondering if we should try a steal before starting the next war (compare cost vs buying as we could buy straight up). I would recommend them or France as next opponents. I didn't check if Israel also had dreadnoughts. Note that Magreb is the tech leader.

Been building Steamrollers but we still need more. I have been building in 22+ cities now and then; we should continue to mix with unit builds.

There is a Chinese town I haven't taken yet because I am not sure it wouldn't auto-destroy. We could also eliminate and replace if we wanted to use a settler, but we have a lot to settle and only 3 settlers so far. Will need many more to fill in lands.

LK159_AD1876.png

Attachments

• LK159-1786AD.SAV
    1.6 MB · Views: 122
Every dead civ is good news. Good riddance to America.

ROSTER:

LKendter (up)
Jersey Joe (on deck)
Elephantium
Greebley
TheRat

1786 AD (0)
We definitely need more steamrollers. It is time to start adding filler cities to increase domination percentage. The challenge is a lot of those spots are jungle infested.
(IT) There are plenty of those nice messages that resistance has ended.

1787 AD (1)
While hunting down the Arabian settler, we find a Japanese one. We kill the guard, and gain a worker.
The Arabian settler is gone, and gives us a worker.
We capture Eridu and $248.

We find a Scandinavian worker, but our mullah simply kills it.
There is another pair of Scandinavian workers, but our Lawyer just kills them.

Kahun and Athribis are founded. It is time to start dropping in those filler cities. It is really clear we don't have enough steamrollers. I have more settlers, but not enough workers to get there.

We kill: Japanese: 1 pike (1-0)
We kill: Arabian: 1 musket, 2 rifles and 1 crossbow. (5-0)
We lost: 2 Hotchkiss. (5-2)
(IT) Israel declares Australia. I love it when our future enemies beat each other up.
Australia declares war on the Dutch.
To be continued
I just wanted to post the news that Arabia is toasted.

Nice to see the boat people civ gone :D.

I think it is time for our final push to victory. We do not need more research buildings. In my opinion, with 1 exception. any city that right now cannot produce a Hotchkiss in 2 turns or less, should either be building a Steamroller or Settler. The exception is that cities on the West Coast should start building Steamers. Steamers carry 8 troops so we need at least 15 - 20 of them. I see us launching our invasion fleet from the western tip of what is currently Dutch territory and invading Brazil and or Mongolia. It is mostly grass land and we should be able to quickly capture what we need for a Victory.

Side notes: I think Barracks (40 shields) should be built before Forges (50 shields). Barracks give the same 25% increase Forges provide. In addition to veteran troops, Barracks give 1 culture.

We should let the Aussies build railroads as long as possible.

I just wanted to post the news that Arabia is toasted.

:woohoo:

@Jersey Joe: TBH, I think it's premature to call this the final push. The final push comes after our invasion force lands on the other continent!

Either way, we're probably <50 turns from victory. I agree with focusing on Settlers/Steamrollers/Hotchkisses and mostly ignoring other builds. Exception: Anything surrounding that huge desert SW of the capital. I'd rush any and all culture buildings in those cities if it will net another border expanion in <40 turns.

It was premature to call it the final push. Maybe referring to is as "preparation for our final push" would have been better.

I am not against rushing culture buildings when needed. We automatically get 4 culture per turn in a newly built city. So they reach ring 3 expansion in 25 turns without any new buildings.

We'll pick up around 120 tiles if we build the three cities in the dotmap, get them all to 1000 culture, and get one more culture expansion each from Gordium, Hamadan, and Avaris.

Elephantium, I think you meant get Gordium, Hamadam, and Avaris to 1000 culture and 4 rings (3 rings is 100 culture).
The only practical way to get a city built after 900AD (and many before that date) to 1000 is to use a Great Artist for the instant 1000 culture (a Monk for 200 might work).
Cities less than 1000 years old are limited to about 20 culture per turn. (The only cities we have earning much more than 20 culture per turn are those with culture building more than 1000 years old that get doubled culture.)

Top Bottom