LK159 - CCM 2.4, Egypt

Please LK, play this to the end. I am just too tired with the end-game CCM2.
I can't say if I will. I don't plan to play 10+ turns just to wrap it.

Disappointed, but got it. I was really hoping I already took my last turn.
Not sure when I can even start it. Tonight shot, tomorrow and Tuesday probably too busy.
This is exactly why I would like the percentage land to win to be lower in CCM.

LKendter (up)
Jersey Joe (on deck)
Elephantium
Greebley
TheRat

LK, I can play another few turns if needed. I think the game is won in all but name, but it's still fun to ship units overseas and smash the AI civs :hammer: :king: :D

The houseboat bug shouldn't come up if I'm not planning to kill off a civ -- and at this point, I'd be looking at simply taking easily-accessible cities instead of annihilating specific civs.

I agree with Elephantium.

It might even be better to raze all cities we capture now, to be replaced with a city we build. No resistance and we can rush a few culture buildings immediately.

This is exactly why I would like the percentage land to win to be lower in CCM.

In the next CCM2 biq, the percentage of owned land is lowered from 66 % to 51 %. On the other side when playing with two big continents, this means conquering the own continent and an island could be enough to fulfill this perequisite. What do you think about it ?

I am kind of ambivalent about this.

On one hand, you can fortify the steam rollers and allow a few cities to riot and just concentrate on the military to reach 66 so I don't see it as being a huge deal. The combat remains fun and interesting and you can concentrate on that.

On the other, I do agree it will be hard to lose if you reach 51 so it really is plenty in terms of win/lose. If you want just the combat part then you can go for elimination victory so I think 51% is ok.

Lurker:

51 seems a bit low. Would it be that for all sizes of maps? Can it be scaled? 54 for huge, 51 for super sized. 62 for normal. Some thing in that range.

I wonder if we need to change our end-game approach. There hits a point where new cities are best to put on pure settler duty.
I already am planing for my set to be raze and replace all unless a critical wonder. Suffered a couple flips already, and plan to raze those in response.

I really want forest mining back. It helps the most near end-game. At that point you want maximum production to wrap the game up faster.
Lack of map trading is also driving me nuts.

Lurker:

51 seems a bit low. Would it be that for all sizes of maps? Can it be scaled? 54 for huge, 51 for super sized. 62 for normal. Some thing in that range.

Unfortunately it cannot be scaled for different map sizes, but it can be set individually in the scenario properties before starting a game.

I wonder if we need to change our end-game approach. There hits a point where new cities are best to put on pure settler duty. I already am planing for my set to be raze and replace all unless a critical wonder. Suffered a couple flips already, and plan to raze those in response.

I really want forest mining back. It helps the most near end-game. At that point you want maximum production to wrap the game up faster.
Lack of map trading is also driving me nuts.

The mining of forest cannot be set indiviually to a certain tech. If mining is allowed, the mining of hills and mountains starts with the same tech as the mining of forests. As the AI loves mined forests, the map will be covered by the AI by mined forests over and over, strangling the growth of the AI civ and blockading nearly all fast combat in the game. If mining is only allowed by a late tech, there is no mining in early eras of the game at all.

Personally, I prefer to capture cities instead of razing them. It's faster for me in realtime:

Capture: Attack city. Kill last defender. Click the 'capture' option in the dialog box. Wait a minute. Close the city details screen. Next attack.
Raze/Replace: Attack city. Kill last defender. Click the 'raze' option in the dialog box. Wait a minute. Move a settler. Build city. Wait a minute. Close the new city details screen. Next attack.

Life in CCM-Potato land...

Edit: Cross-posting with Civinator...I don't care one way or the other about mining forests. I'd like to see mines on grassland again, though.

OTOH, at this stage of the game, I felt like production was sufficient to keep up with military action. Even without grassland mines or forest mines, we had dozens of cities doing 1 or 2-turn military. Mid-game was harder.

The mining of forest cannot be set individually to a certain tech.
Isn't the ability to plant forest controlled by tech? If so, how much can you see early forest mining?

Isn't the ability to plant forest controlled by tech?
Yes, this is true - and the tech can be set to come only in a very late era of the game. Nevertheless the AI in the early eras forgets to do something for the growth of the cities but mining and mining all tiles.

If you are such a fan of accelerated production, there is the option in C3C to start the game with such a setting. I have never used it.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Production.jpg
    Production.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 194
We also created absurdly large population cities with almost no production...

I am slowly getting troops to the new continent. Mostly delayed waiting for the ships to arrive.

Mid set teaser

Mid-set teaser.
Polish troop movements made it obvious who the next target was. I demand they remove there troops, and...

1813 AD (0)
We have 50.3% of the land.
A massive 15.2% is unclaimed. I understand why no desert cities to help the AI. However, it comes with a price of extending the game.
At this point I am not going to bother trying to get cities optimal for shields. Steamrollers will be saved to rail to the stray spots left on our main land mass.
Israel is gone, so I send in troops to help crush resistance. We have way too many cities with resistors.
More science buildings are a waste at this point. I will cancel any I find.
I change a lot of collective farms to settlers. If the city has that little progress, it won't be redeemed before game end. OTOH we can't have enough settlers.
We missed building Hoover Dam. Byblos switches to Hoover Dam due in 4 turns. We get a free power plant in every city. If nothing else, I don't want any AI getting a production boost and slowing down the end game.
Killing the last Dutch settler is going to be a pain. We have no nearby ships.
I have no clue where German settlers are.
[End of session 1]

I go through the cities a second time to kill all power plant production. I find I missed a few science buildings.
(IT) We kill 2 ships, and lose 1 ship. (2-1)
Tsingtao and Macao culture flip.
We get dragged into a war with Austria and Indochina due to a MPP with China.
Getting a foothold on the other continent just became more of a challenge.

Top Bottom