LK159 - CCM 2.4, Egypt

Pre-turn: MM a bit. Sliders at 7.3.0, Monarchy in 13 @ -13gpt
T1: War Chariot kills a Donkey Cart that strayed too close to Alexandria. We see 8 more attackers, but they're out of reach for now.
T2: Cat, Ballista (now elite), 2 Enslavers kill most of a stack of Nubian Archers.
We get a new Worker from the battle.
IBT: Scandinavia demands Wines. We can't afford another front (and I'm not even sure how close they are), so we cave. For now...
Nubian Priest? kills one of our Spears.
Maghreb comes out of the fog at Giza. They have Gems and know every tech we've heard of.
T3: Enslaver kills the holy man.
Archer kills Numidian Merc; Enslaver captures Archer at Heliopolis.
Ptolemaic Horseman (PH) kills Donkey Cart -> elite
Catapult dies to Archer :wallbash:
War Chariot kills the Archer. Our phant kills the last one in the stack.
T4: WE retreats from Archer; Enslaver finishes it off.
T5: War Chariot kills Archer
IBT: Nubian Horse Archer dies to our Spear

T6: Lots of units to kill.
Cat kills NM
Eastern Ballista kills NM; Ramses arises!
Buy Seafaring at JJ's suggestion for Elephants and 94 gold.
PH kills NM
Enslaver dies to LB :wallbash:
2 Archers kill Num. Archers
3rd one dies.
2 more Archers kill Num. Archers
Enslavers kill 2 more
Enslaver kills LB
Enslaver kills LB, promotes
Lose a Ballista attacking NM, no damage :wallbash:

Buy Monarchy for Seafaring, 8gpt, and 79 gold.
Sell Seafaring to Persia for Mounted Archery and 7 gold (all they can offer).
IBT: No attacks
T7:
Chariot dies to NM :(
Archer kills Warrior
Chariot kills NM
PH kills NM
Chariot kills NM
Enslaver kills Warrior
PH runs down Warrior
Enslaver kills Warrior
FINALLY! Enslaver CAPTURES Warrior!
Enslaver kills Warrior

Here we go...
IBT: Numidians kill 4/5 of our attackers from the previous battle - mostly with Enslavers :'( I could have left a Spear over the stack, but I needed to leave 2 units in Heliopolis in case of a :spear: event with a Nubian Warrior attacking. I figured the risk of losing a city was worse than an underdefended attacker stack.

T8: We're a Monarchy now!

WE kills NM
Enslaver kills Archer
We need more troops.

This is T120 in the game, so I'm breaking off here.

The war isn't going very well. I lost too many troops on the IBT. The RNG didn't do me any favors, either.

Attachments

• LK159-475 AD.SAV
    1,011 KB · Views: 150
I general hate a GA spent mostly on troops. However, in this case I think we have to do it. We are inching forwards with tech. We are running out of land.

If Greebley can keep the war going without harming us, then keep it going.
Please get those spears off the forest by Alexandra and into the fight.

ROSTER:

LKendter
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Greebley (up) (waiting to confirm CCM 2.4 properly working)
TheRat (on deck)

Those spears are covering Worker stacks, but we might be able to combine them next turn.

Sphinx will take 1 turn in Thebes (maybe switch it to a different city to keep Thebes building vet troops).

Japan has a stack of troops coming at us from the south. It'll take them 10-12 turns to get to Giza, so we'll want to sign peace by the end of Greebley's turnset.

This is looking tight. Good luck Greebley to fend off those pesky Nubians!

Beeing now a supporter, I hope to get rid of the data mining at CFC and now will visit CFC again more frequently, giving you support when needed. Good luck to your game. :)

I did the quick check on if I could play:

I have tried it out and it is not yet working for me. The new install including the steam version and the antal version are back to hanging up at start up - which happened before but was corrected when I had the compatibility set right - but I am using the updated shortcut so confused on what the issue is.

I do not want to delay the game, so go ahead and play ThERat. I will continue to work on it this weekend and tell you when I get it working (or if I don't).

Wish I had a clue for you. I installed as a scenario, have the steam version, and no issues.

Hopefully Civinator can show up and give a clue.

Ok, got it, I assume we want peace with Nubia as soon as possible?

Depend how the fight goes with Nubia

We do want peace with Japan when reasonable.

Pre-Turn

Nothing much we can do here, but hope this won't be a slaughter.

IT Nubia comes knocking on our door and we get peace while they would give us 121g and 10gpt for it.
I will wait for our units to attack next round to get an even better deal.

We get the Sphinx and enter a GA

Turn 1 - 500AD
Increase science to 40% while we now make some profit. Markets are ordered
The bigger stack is approaching Heliopolis. I will attempt to destroy as many units as possible and then go for peace
This will only happen next turn. This turn I mere defeat an archer.

We upgrade the new settler

IT Nubia steps next to Heliopolis with plenty offensive units

Turn 2 - 525AD
I check before the attack and Nubia would give us 343g and 3gpt. Let's see how we can increase that

We defeat 3 units of the big stack and gain a first leader, this guy will rush a market in Alexandria once the granary is done
We got 10-1 at Heliopolis ans yet, there are still 8 attackers in front of the city and more around it

we get a vital shipment of 25 gold to keep us afloat
Now Nubia give us 343g and 15gpt to spur our research. I take that otherwise we could just lose Heliopolis and more

Increase science to 70% and we get the tech at a deficit of -17gpt in 12 turns

IT Nubia seems to be on a collision course with Maghreb, as both have their units in our land
A Japanese boat comes into view close to our capital

Turn 3 - 550AD
rush an academy with the MGL
I renegotiate the wine deal to Russia and we increase the income from 4 to 10 gpt. We are now almost even on 70% research

IT Nubia continues to run through our land, but not for Maghreb. Japan lands a catapult on our shores
Russia starts Philo Stone, we have some ground to make up

Turn 4 - 575AD
Memphis is mm to 1 turn horsearchers for the time being
Alexandria goes for a marker.

The Japanese catapult is defeated, time to move some units southeast to fight them off
Turn a Nubia archer into a slave :)

Turn 5 - 600AD
At Heliopolis a catapult is turned into a slave and MGL, use it to rush a market there

our boat discovers the Lowlands, they are the same two techs up on us

Turn 6 - 625AD
Religion is down to 6 turns at -1gpt, not possible for any deal. Units shift SE to guard our settler and fight off Japan (which has not been seen)

Turn 7 - 650AD
zzz

IT We spot Japan and Maghreb fighting, that's good news

Turn 8 - 675AD
Defeat the lone Japanese spear and bring settler into its settling position

Turn 9 - 700AD
Our big cities have nothing to build but units, time for new technologies...
Religion is still 3 turns away
with the new city Byblos, we are making 9gpt now

I use 4 elite enslavers to defeat 4 weak Nubian units, gaining 1 slave

Turn 10 - 725AD
Religion drops to 1 turn completion

we could get it from Canada for 330g and 4gpt, I think we should do this so we can get construction too
then we can change those granary builds to aqueducts, Memphis School of Divinity etc

We also have a boat in the north that can enter the deeper sea but not Ocean. It has been sailing past Japan without any issues and should keep on exploring clockwise

Attachments

• LK159-725AD.SAV
    1 MB · Views: 154
I did the quick check on if I could play:

I have tried it out and it is not yet working for me. The new install including the steam version and the antal version are back to hanging up at start up - which happened before but was corrected when I had the compatibility set right - but I am using the updated shortcut so confused on what the issue is.

I do not want to delay the game, so go ahead and play ThERat. I will continue to work on it this weekend and tell you when I get it working (or if I don't).

Fortunately I don´t have the Steam version of Civ 3 Complete (the GoG version is much better), so I don´t have any view about other absurd anomalities besides the spoiled labels textfile of the Steam version compared to normal Civ 3 Complete.

Greebley, what version of windows do you have?
The starting shortcut normally must be set to the Antal.exe.
Have you done the new compatibilty settings to the new starting shortcut, too?

Greebley, let us know if you will be able to play.

The earliest I can play is tomorrow night, so no rush on my side.

I think we should research Religion, for the 1 turn left. Then, hopefully, trade for both Construction and the Republic.

Government techs like religion or republic are prohibitively expensive. I think we can use our GA to get republic as fast as possible. Unfortunately, this is the part of the tech tree where you can only research one tech and to get through this to the Middle Ages, will slow us down considerably.

By the way, I was thinking that we should prepare for a war with Persia as they are also nearby. We need to expand here to have a chance. Alternatively, we could turn round and attack Nubia once the GA and infra builds are done.

School of Divinity acts as a barracks. If it is built in Alexandria, it will be close to the front if we fight either Nubia or Persia.

Can we build School of Divinity? I thought it could only be built in Theocracy...

I'm happy with either path: war with Persia or waiting to hit Nubia again.

Can we sign straight peace with Japan yet?

Last edited:
The School of Divinity can been built with any government as its autoproduced units are too cool to be only available when beeing in government Theocracy.

The School of Divinity can been built with any government as its autoproduced units are too cool to be only available when beeing in government Theocracy.

Top Bottom