LK160, CCM, AW, Turkey

JJ should get the answer if we have the all-important coal.

Once Indo-China is dead we should look at the luxury rate. I am hoping between the bonus happy, and doubling great religious centers, that we gain enough to drop to 10%. Plus once naval power complete we gain furs from the Australian continent.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe (up)
Greebley (on deck)
Elephantium
TheRat

Attachments

• LAK160-1742AD.SAV
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
An exciting turnset. :goodjob: I got it.

How much do you want me to explore looking for Poland?

I think our Golden Age ends early in my turnset.

IIRC the GA ended the end of my set.

I only want to lightly explore the mountain area. Withdraw the second we see a border.

Between Turns (1742-1744):
We sink a Pirate ship.
Knight killed by Aussie Grenadier (1, 1).

1744 AD:
At Melbourne:
Knights kill 2 Musketeers and a Grenadier (4, 1). Melbourne and 670 gold is captured. Also, we gain control of Furs.
At Shanghai:
3 Knights die killing 4 Musketeers and 2 Grenadiers (10, 4). Shanghai and 1257 gold is captured. Bombard kills Grenadier (11, 4).
At Saigon:
4 Knights die killing 3 Pikemen (14, 8). Saigon is captured. Knight kills Crossbow (15, 8)

Knight kills Chinese Crossbow (16, 8); Bombard kills Chinese Cannon (17, 8).

1746AD:
We learn Ballistics and start Absolutism.

Rush Castle in Wellington.

Knight kills Burmese Crossbow (18, 8). Troops reposition and heal. We explore Chinese and Indochinese territory.

Between Turns:
Medieval Infantry kills Grenadier (19, 8).
Footknight killed by Crossbow(19, 9).

1748 AD:
Start upgrading Knights to Sipahi.

At Bien Hoa:
Knights kill 2 Pike and capture Bien Hoa (21, 9). Also, grey borders are exposed with the capture. I do not think they are for anyone we know. I will wait for them to find us.

I just noticed :cooool: we have access to resources from both Landmasses. :clap:

At Da Nang:
Enslaver captures Golden Spearman (22, 8); Janissary kills Golden Spearman (23, 9). Da Nang is captured.

At Adelaide:
We lose 1 Knight killing 3 Musketeers and Adelaide (26, 10) is captured along with 5036 gold.

we tanned his hide when he died, Clyde
And that's it hangin' on the shed!!

I am having a problem with the site that hosts my pictures.

The Aussies are dead.

Adelaide renamed Kangaroo Tied Down.

Mullah kills Chineses Crossbow (27, 10).
Enslaver captures Chinese Spear (28, 10).
eKnight kills Firelacer (29, 10);

Between Turns:
:sleep:

1750AD
eMedieval Infantry kills Medieval Infantry (30, 10).
eEnslaver kills Crossbow (31, 10).

Between Turns:
Near Shanghai, Knight killed by Yogi (?) (31, 11).
Knight kills Yogi (?) (32, 11).

1752 AD:
Near Shanghai, Cannons kill 2 Invisible units (Enslaver & Yogi ?) (34, 11).

At Mandalay:
We lose 1 Knight killing 3 Pikemen (37, 12), Mandalay and 76 gold are captured.

The Indochinese are dead
Mandalay renamed Burma Shave.

Between Turns:
Egypt lands a Spearman and Crossbow by Saigon.

We learn Absolution and start on Steam Power.

1754 AD:
eEnslaver kills Egyptian Spear (38, 12).
Mullah coverts Egyptian Crossbow (39, 12).

At Hangchow, eKnight kills Crossbow (40, 12), Knight kills Spear (41, 12). Hangchow is captured.
Enslaver kills Crossbow (42, 12).

At Nanking, we lose 2 Knights killing 3 Spearmen (45, 14). Nanking is captured.

Between Turns:
Poland lands a Cannon by Sao Paulo.
Knight kills Yogi (46, 14).

1756 AD:
At Tsingtao, we lose 1 Sipahi killing 3 Firelancers (49, 15). Tsingtao is captured.

At Beijing, we lose 2 Sipahi killing 5 firelancers (54, 17). The siege continues to 1758 AD.

We lose 1 Mameluke killing a Polish Cannon (55, 18)

1758 AD:
The siege of Beijing ends when our Cannon kills a Firelancer (56, 18) and Beijing is captured.

At Tientsin, Sipahi kills Spearman, eSipahi kills Spearman, and Mullah kills Crossbow (59, 18). Tientsin is capured.

1760 AD:

At Canton, eSipahi kill 2 Spearmen and Canton is captured.

Between Turns:
eKnight kills Crossbow (60, 18).

We learn about Steam Power and start to learn how to improve our Naval Power.
We have 4 sources of Coal hooked up. Steam Engines have been built or are being built in a our most productive cities.

1762 AD:

At Chengdu, eKnight kills Spearman (61, 18) and Cannon kills Firelancer (62, 18). Chengdu is captured. Monk adds culture to Chengdu.

Notes:
  • I have been upgrading our troops. Wellington is the only Castle in the new territory.
  • Brasilia has a Castle and I have been using that to upgrade troops in former Brazil. Some troops in our northern areas are on “gotos” to get them to the Castle for upgrades.
I have some screen shots that are not showing up at my photo host I will try again later. I have a shot of the uninhabited island NW of us. I think there is a good city site there with 4 fish and iron. Island also has coal.

Here is the save.

Attachments

• LK160-1762 AD.SAV
    1.1 MB · Views: 133
Great progress :)

Just a warning. I am traveling from 7th to 22nd March and won't have any access to the game. In case the game comes back to me, you can either swap or skip me.

I am glad to read a civ dead. Were we able to drop the luxury rate to 10% with Indo-China gone?

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe
Greebley (up)
Elephantium (on deck)
TheRat (skip Mar 7 to Mar 22)

I have a shot of the uninhabited island NW of us. I think there is a good city site there with 4 fish and iron. Island also has coal.
If nobody is on that island, then probably not worth the bother. I suspect it will be more work to defend then worth it. Sounds like we still have to figure out where the next land mass to land on is.

I forgot to mention:
I prepared a stack that can attack Xinjan next turn (1764) In the stack next to Chengdu are workers to build a road 1 tile north to the Marmaluke.

I think our next target will be who ever owns the gray Border I have been avoiding.

I am glad to read a civ dead. Were we able to drop the luxury rate to 10% with Indo-China gone?
2 Civs killed off. Both the Aussies and Indo-China. I never touched the luxury rate. Still have some captured cities with many unhappy people. We are still doing 4 turn research at 50% so still making money.

After we learn Naval Power, I think we should go:
Economics -> Medicine -> Enlightenment -> Military Tradition -> single path to Railroads and then to Steel then Democracy -> Imperialism.

I agree with push to rails 1,000%.

Don't forget to keep all our workers. We have far less cash to upgrade / rush steamrollers then typical games. I suspect our main land mass has most workers fortified by now waiting to build rails.

I did not fortify any workers and "unfortified" the ones by Istanbul.

I had them building roads in the tundra. At worst the roads can be used when we can build settlers. We can come very close to almost any spot on our coast.

I just saw that my photo hosting site is working again. Here are the 2 screenshots I did not post yesterday.

Island to the Northwest of us:

The Front. I never saw anyone in the grey border, but it looks like they are our next conquest.

Also,I have a Galley sailing toward Egypt and found a brown border that I do not think is Egypt's.

Island to the Northwest of us:
The picture confirms the island is to small to bother with. The only way it would make sense is if the boat found borders at the other end of those 2 small spots. Then it could give us jumping points to that area.

I never saw anyone in the grey border, but it looks like they are our next conquest.
I agree 100%. We want the land mass 100% us. The Australian area is turning out far larger then I first expected.

Also,I have a Galley sailing toward Egypt and found a brown border that I do not think is Egypt's.
I can't tell where that ship is. I'm in no rush for a far away contact. I'm hoping we have another land mass to hit after the grey mystery that is close.

I think that the Poles and maybe the Aztecs are to the east of us (that is where their ships are coming from).

Also, I kept moving the Galleys you started sailing up the coast to Porto Alegre. They have not yet reached it. It takes to long to move ships. We should build ships in the harbors nearest were we need to launch troops.

Civinator,
According to the Civilopedia, the Janissary is a 5-6-1 unit for 40 shields that upgrades to a weaker 5-5-1 Ottoman Musket Infantry for 50 shields (and I don't see any advantage anywhere else)

That seem like a mistake? I am not sure if it is the civilopedia or unit which is incorrect.

I'm hoping we have another land mass to hit after the grey mystery that is close.

A light grey border could be Austria-Hungary - what would become a historical clash with Turkey at the peak of its power (and a little bit overpowered -see the next post)!

Civinator,
According to the Civilopedia, the Janissary is a 5-6-1 unit for 40 shields that upgrades to a weaker 5-5-1 Ottoman Musket Infantry for 50 shields (and I don't see any advantage anywhere else)

That seem like a mistake? I am not sure if it is the civilopedia or unit which is incorrect.

Greebley, thank you very much for reporting that error! :) The stats for attack, defense and the unit costs are written directly from the biq to the civilopedia, so these stats are the stats for those units in your current game. Both Turkish Janissary units have stats that are better than the normal stats of other comparing units coming with the same techs, as in CCM I´m trying to mirror a little bit the historical performance of those units in real history.

The Janissary unit coming with tech Gunpowder has A3, D4 compared to normal A2,D4 stats of other comparable units coming with tech Gunpowder and the Janissary Musketeer should have 5A, 5D compared to 4A, 5D for most other Infantry units coming with tech Ballistics. 5A, 6D is a little bit too strong and I will fix this in the next CCM2 biq. 5A, 5D, 50 costs are the normal values for Infantry units coming with tech Enlightenment and I think this is adequate, as at that time the Ottoman units had exceeded the peak of their power. As you have noticed, there is no direct additional value in upgrading from the Janissary Musketeer to a Ottoman Musket Infantry (especially if that unit is a little bit overpowered, but even with the settings that are intended for that unit), but this unit takes away the additional advantages of new built saltpeter infantry units and sets Turkey to 'normal level' as they cannot build the Janissary Musketeer any longer. In the longer time strategic sight Turkey has to cross that (small) cost barrier in upgrading the Janissary Musketeers to receive units with better stats coming with Line Infantry units.

Preturn: Set up research as stated above. Mil Trad is 6th, RR is the 9th tech, Imperialism is 13th.
Town MM is generally good, but in some newer towns, I work on removing Entertainers -> Engineers for faster happy buildings and switch our few tax collectors to scientists. Starving down a few badly balanced towns.

1674 AD: Capture Xinjian. Move toward Tatung.

Note that I am building more of our defense 6 units now since they become defense 5 later with enlightenment.

IBT: Border expansion makes grey worker visible. Landing from Green.

Oddly Green is bombarding empty squares which I haven't seen the AI do. They like to target units.

1766 AD: Grey was Austria Hungary which doesn't have Physics, Juriprudence, and one other so we are somewhat ahead. We declare War. Or border is so long with them that it will be challenging to defend.

Tatung Captured losing a Mameluke.

Kill the landing with a sword.
I have started moving units East as well. Continue this especially with Green landing units.

Looks like declaring war now prevents us from getting resources to our home island. I think we need a leader to rush the coal mine - it would currently take 65 turns. Interesting that you can trade through an AI you haven't met yet.

1768 AD: Capture Austria Hungary city of Phnom Penh which is right on the border. Other towns are pretty far back as we move another turn into enemy land with no city. I think this means the capitol is likely to the west.

1770 AD: Find and capture Belgrade to the west.

For some reason we are now sending our resources to the other continent again. I don't know if this means a road to a civ we haven't met?

IBT: Austria Hungary reacts strongly killing our defenders and some Mameluke. Their units are attack 3 and 4 so we kill a few more of them than us (since we can retreat as well).

Xinjian flips. It is one of the cities that doesn't have a full strength unit just outside fortunately we can still reach it in 1 turn.

1772 AD: Recapture Xinjian

Kill units around Belgrade. If more units show up near here we could have trouble. Almost all units need to heal. We do eliminate attackers but will get pillaged.

IBT: Egypt drops off a unit near Marseilles after going half way around our island.

1774 AD: Capture Graz to the East of the new island.
There is a dark grey border we are next to now. I check and they are on the contact list. It is Germany which I remember being dark grey. We declare war. (they were down naval power and steam power)

Note: I think we met them despite not seeing any unit or city because we entered their lands when killing an Austrian Bombard.

Science is 30% BTW. Chinese cities aren't happy and have been running scientist. Beijing is 20 scientists at the moment for example.

1776 AD:
Healing mostly. Do start heading for Prague. We were driven back in 1772 when our only defender died.

IBT: Prague stack attack by Bomarde

1778 AD: Capture Prague but we lose 3 units.

Towns now building Stock Exchanges instead of units.

Find Salzburg way to the West. Connect Belgrade up to the road network.

1780 AD: Capture Salzburg and start looking for more cities. There is a large desert in the above Salzburg.

1782 AD: Capture Bremen.

Bremen has a 1 hp Pike guarding it and we haven't attacked Germany yet. This may be why we haven't seen a lot of units.

Notes:
I have sent a lot of units East. The idea is to stop the Aztecs or Poland but I have not found them yet. I did find a yellowish border to the south east who I didn't meet - hopefully is is not China.

Decided to go for the city on the small island. It just costs us a few units for the foothold and its a good settler spot. Otherwise the AI will likely fill it and we have to invade to claim. It also would have taken forever to get the Eastern settler anywhere else as useful.

I kept hoping for a leader for the Great Palace to heal on the new island after we lose castles, but I got none in 20-30 Elite wins. Hopefully next player will have better luck.

I am not sure how connection between our islands work. We lost it after declaring war with Austria Hungary but then regained it again a few turns later. I was thinking we could build the coal (or rubber plant if that has access) but that would be another leader I failed to get.

I can't tell if we are on the land mass that Egypt is on. We have seen no units from them; they just send boats half way across the world to drop units off by Marseilles. Have seen no German units either so there could be wars going on.

There was one city left so it might be to the left in the image below. It would be nice to remove them, we have had to starve the Chinese cities down, but Bejing is still big.

LK160_AD1781a.png

Eastern side:
LK160_AD1781b.png

Attachments

• LK160-1781 AD.SAV
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
Wow, that land mass in the south won't stop growing. It sounds like we have plenty more work do to down there.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe
Greebley
Elephantium (up)
TheRat (on deck?) (skip Mar 7 to Mar 22)

Top Bottom