1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LK160, CCM, AW, Turkey

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by LKendter, Jan 6, 2019.

1. LKendter

LKendter Chieftain Supporter

Keeping the important at the end of the posts.

ROSTER:
    LKendter (on deck)
    Jersey Joe
    Greebley
    Elephantium
    TheRat (up)

2. LKendter

Hopefully we hear from Rat by Friday. This weekend is open for me if he isn't able to play.

3. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

Hmm, maybe I need to re-download CCM? If the fixed files were rolled in after I downloaded the mod for this game, that would explain it...

It's also possible that my potato laptop has something to do with it...

4. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Elephantium, Takeo made many, many fixes of unit animations, but they will the first time appear with the next version of CCM2 (what will be a massive update of the current CCM 2), so they are not in the current public download. I took the fixes, done by Takeo and pasted them into the current units. When I have the time for it, I will have a look in a testgame at the units you reported, to see if they are updated for the next version of CCM2.

5. LKendter

ROSTER:
    LKendter (on deck)
    Jersey Joe
    Greebley
    Elephantium
    TheRat (up) Overdue for got it.

I will post and taken the game Saturday if no word from Rat by then. This weekend is wide open, and the perfect time to get a start.

6. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Steadholder Supporter

Looks like you are going to be up Lee. If you want, consider it a swap. I do not mind letting TheRat have a turn before I play.

7. LKendter

LKendter (up)
    Jersey Joe
    Greebley
    Elephantium
    TheRat (on deck) - I will consider it a swap if they post before I am done, otherwise a skip.

8. LKendter

Early set note:
    India is also on the monster land mass we are fighting on. Sent the Zeps on patrol to get a better idea of the next targets. Found several stacks of India junk coming through the junle.

9. LKendter

Mid set:
    This is a massive stack from India. I'm not sure I even caught it all. To bad it is mostly obsolete.

10. Elephantium

Hopefully that stack will die easily. I think we had around 60-70 excess Sipahis+Infantry waiting for action; during my turnset, I kept running out of cities to capture before I ran out of attackers!

With that in mind, it's probably worth it to bring over more Steamrollers...

11. LKendter

My problem is the jungle infested area. Moving and fighting through the jungle is a killer. I've already nibbled at the India stacks. I'm trying to get more out to flat lands where it is easier to kill. What is worse is right now I have a massive traffic jam of AI units. I only have one small area I can advance until India is wiped.

12. LKendter

The ability to send more steamrollers to the other land mass is now limited. I can now plant forest, and I am trying to improve shields in the core.

13. Elephantium

It's a tough balancing act. You want to improve shields in the core. But you also want more railing stacks at the front. But the jungle sharply limits how far you can advance each turn!

Would it help to rush a couple of transports in (say) Thessalonica or Rhodes and send amphibious assaults to leapfrog the coast? WW1 Infantry can do landings, right?

14. LKendter

Another mid set teaser. I found a small chunk of land to grab that doesn't have jungle. India didn't have the path to these cities bottle-necked. An added bonus is I took a few from the cash rich tech leaders.

15. Greebley

Greebley Chieftain Supporter

If we can get cash from conquests consider a map steal from a civ that has explored the oceans.

16. LKendter

Mid set teaser, post map steal.

17. LKendter

I thought CCM dropped domination to 50%. The game still says 66%. :(
    Based on the map steal, I see the path to the end game and victory.
    We currently have 33.4%. The big five civs on the land mass will give at least 14%. That is 57.4%.
    We have at least 5 filler cities on was China land mass. Urfa and the small island above are at least 6 more. The home land has at least 12 cities to go. The land mass with all the battles has a ton of gaps in recent conquests. We take the small island with the Greek capitol for 3 cities. We build up a large invasion fleet to head to the far north. Any remaining amount needed should come from there.

18. LKendter

I went under scenario properties, victory point limits. I definitely is 66%

19. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

As you are playing the old (and still current) version of CCM2, of course you still have the victory conditions of that version. :D

In the next version of CCM2 (2.50) the victory conditions for a domination victory are set to 58 % land mass and 58 % population. There were some voices, who didn´t want a more drastical reducing of these settings, especially as these settings also influence the victory conditions played in smaller map sizes. This version is still in work. The expanded mainfile of the next version of CCM2 will also host the files necessairy to play the mods RARR and CCM 1 (for playing both only some files inside the expanded mainfile must be renamed: Text, city screen and advisors, if you want to play these mods on tech screens with arrows). At present I am working on the integration of WW2 Global Gold, which will completely use the units of the new expanded mainfile.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  20. LKendter

Stopped Thursday due to busy weekend. Hope to get back to it tonight, or at worse tomorrow night.

Up to turn 8, and have to finish beating up fast Indian stack. The stacks have broken apart and I've been able to start working the monster stack down. Mostly junk, but still a *lot* of junk to kill.
    Very happy to get the fast start to hit. It is the most dangerous to deal with.