LK160, CCM, AW, Turkey

Joe's move would give us a second with 3 food tiles, one strong (wines). It would support a decent amount of tundra. Mine them all, and boost when rails finally arrive.

Ending 1025 AD:
I do not change anything.
Between Turns:
Swordsman killed by Brazilian Siege-Bow (0. 1).

AD:
Horseman kills Brazilian Siege-Bow (1, 1).
eChariot kills US Siege-Bow. (2, 1); Enslaver captures US Archer (3, 1); Enslaver kills US archer (4,1).
Spearman killed by Spearman (4, 2); eArcher kills Spearman (5, 2).
Between Turns:
eArcher killed by French Archer (5, 3).
We become Literate. Now researching Construction.

1075AD:
Swordsman kills French Archer (6, 3).
Capture of Linkoping from the US:
eEnslaver kills Spearman (7, 3); eEnslaver kills a Warrior (8, 3); Enslaver kills Spearman (9, 3). Linkoping is captured. We get enough gold to fund 2 turns of Research. :w00t:

eChariot kills Tomahawk Warrior (10, 3).
Between Turns:
Horseman killed by US Chariot (10, 4); eChariot killed by Tomahawk Warrior (10, 5);

1100 AD:
eHorseman kills French Spearman, gets a Great Leader, and captures a French Settler. (11, 5).
Horseman kills French Archer (12, 5).
Swordsman kills Tomahawk Warrior (13, 5).
Between Turns:
Swordsman killed by US Archer (13, 6); Swordsman killed by US Chariot (13, 7).

1125AD

Catapult kills US Chariot (14, 7);
Between Turns:
Spearman killed by Tomahawk Warrior (14, 8).

1150 AD:
Whispering Pines is founded.

Enslaver captures US Archer (15, 8); Swordsman kills Tomahawk Warrior (16, 8); Chariot kills Tomahawk Warrior (17, 8). We find Atlanta guarded by a Pike. :hmm:
Between Turns:
Chariot killed by Tomahawk Warrior (17, 9).

1175 AD:
We learn Construction and start researching Naval Warfare (we need to know it in order to learn Dark Ages and Feudalism, plus it is cheap and will let us grow our Treasury a little).

Great Leader rushes Marketplace in Pig and Cow.

Horseman kills Brazilian Catapult (18, 9).
Swordsman kills US Spearman (19, 9).
Horseman kills French Archer (20, 9).
Between turns:
4 Swordsmen killed by US troops (20, 13); Spearman kills a Tomahawk Warrior (21, 13).

1200 AD:
Capture of Atlanta:
Catapults kill 2 Pike (23, 13); Catapult kills a Tomahawk Warrior (24, 13); Ballista kills Missionary? (25, 13); Atlanta is captured.

Enslaver captures Tomahawk Warrior (26, 13); Swordsman kills Pike (27, 13); Chariot kills Tomahawk Warrior (28, 13); eEnslaver captures Tomahawk Warrior (29, 13); eEnslaver kills Archer and gets a Great Leader (30, 13).

Archer killed by Brazilian Siege-Bow (30, 15); Horseman kills Siege-Bow (31, 15).
Swordsman kills French Spearman (32, 15).
Between turns:
Spearman and a Swordman killed by Brazilian Chariots (32, 17).
Swordman killed by Tomahawk Warrior (32, 18).

1210 AD:
Horseman kills Tomahawk Warrior (33, 18).
Horsemen kill 2 Brazilian Chariots (35, 18).
Between turns:
Swordman killed by Enslaver? (35, 19).

1220 AD:
Enslaver kills French Archer. (36, 19).
Enslaver kills Enslaver? (37, 19).
eHorseman kills US Spearman and gets a Great Leader (38, 19); Enslaver captures Tomahawk Warrior (39, 19).

1230 AD:
We learn about Naval Warfare and start researching the form of Government the US uses.

Enslaver kills Tomahawk Warrior (40, 19); Swordman kills US Longbow (41, 19).

Notes:
Most of our attack force is fortified in Atlanta were they spent a few turns healing up.
I was going to attack Boston next. However, the US troops sent to try and retake Atlanta have come out if the fog to the northeast of Atlanta.

We should be able to do 4 turn research at least until we learn Feudalism. It is quite likely we will be able to do 4 turn research all the way to Chivalry and into the Age of Discovery.

The 3 Swordsmen and 1 Spearman, by Aydin, are intended to reinforce Orleans. French or Brazilian troops have been popping in there.

Here is what the US front looks like:

Attachments

• LK160-1230AD.SAV
    900.1 KB · Views: 78
The good news: plenty of cash to catch up on tech more. Two US cities have fallen. They still have a ton of cash.

The big question: Where are more happy resources? Based on the fact we still haven't found more, it makes me suspicious we are on a smaller land mass. We haven't had any more contacts. That helps prove the theory. We may have AW with massive overseas landings. That will be brutal.

The bad news: The kill ratio is bad again. It is a good thing we aren't fighting a lot of strong civs at once.

My one concern is flips. We are playing a dangerous game with putting a lot of troops in Atlanta. We need to keep squeezing in culture buildings. Even Islamic Communities and Turkish flags will help build up our culture to reduce the risk.

We have no clue where Chicago is yet, but it is building the Great Lighthouse. I wonder if they can complete that for us.
Washington has Stonehenge.
Boston is building Hagia Sophia. HS is game long happy and culture for us. Do we delay hitting Boston in favor of Rheims and the mystery city north of Atlanta. Newly capture cities will get 2 CPT a turn. :)

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe
Greebley (up)
Elephantium (on deck)
TheRat

Now that our troops are healed, they should move out of Atlanta on to the next target.

I think the US might be the tech leader of the 3 civs we know.
However, except for Chariots I have not seen any US mounted units. Also, Atlanta was a source of Iron for the US. The US might not be able to produce any more Pikemen or Tomahawk Warriors negating some of their technology advantage.
Brazil does have Horsemen, but I have not seen any Iron welding Brazilian troops.
France's best troops (not counting Enslaves and their like) seem to be Spearmen and Chariots.

Maybe we let the American cities build the wonders and then conquer them. Those wonders are always nice to have

Great progress btw

Preturn: Atlanta does have flip risk since it looks like US has twice our culture. I move some units (the fast ones and Spear toward Boston and some (slower Artillery units) to cover the units on the Iron.

Note: Atlanta is 'broken' for me. It is size 4 but working only 3 squares. I cannot access the last citizen

IBT: Only 2 US units show up near the west of Atlanta. They are not yet in range.

1240 AD: Capture Boston without loss (though our Chariots both have to heal after winning while red-lined). I don't want to end our momentum waiting for Wonder they may not get. Not sure if that was the right decision or not, but it is what I went with. The 359 cash is useful.

Lower science to 50% and raise Lux to 30%. Adjust towns to work more squares.

IBT: Ended turn early but was mostly done. There is one attack but the Catapult and Spear hold off the Attacker.

1250 AD: Units advance into US territory. Clean up some random units. No losses yet.

IBT: We win a the single attack on us by US; Longbow vs Spear.

1260 AD: Must be near Washington. Our advancing stack still doesn't see a city.
Raise Science to 60% to still get Republic next turn.

IBT: US attacks and kills our Spear in the advancing stack. A second attack kills an Enslaver.

1270 AD: It is hard to decide whether to advance or retreat with the loss of the Spear. Decide to attack on all fronts. There is some risk if US has reserve units.

Find Washington and it is guarded by a Pike. Gained a Worker killing one of the US Archer units.

Move some Units toward Rheims.

IBT: Lose a Horseman to an invisible Priest . An Enslaver retreats from an Archer.

1280 AD: Ballista attacks Washington to tell us they in fact have 4 pikes. We simply don't have enough strength to take the city. Will back away for now until we get more units.

Gain a Worker and find San Francisco which also has a Pike. I think USA have Iron somewhere. San Francisco may be a better target than Washington.

IBT: Was attacked by a US Archer but our Enslaver retreated.
Annoying Priest attack; we win but Priest retreats to be back later.
Get wonder

Germans cascaded to Hague Sophia.

Caraphract production gives us a bunch from every two turns towns.

1290 AD: Attack Rheims but a 1 hp Catapult remains.

IBT: Some Attacks, we lose one near San Francisco and a Spear to a Catapult in Rheims.

1300 AD: Capture Rheims. More units next to San Francisco to attack next turn.

IBT: I think the Priest finally loses. US has a Chariot that kills a unit. We also lose to a Longbow
Brazil is near Rheims and may move on us.

1310 AD: Capture San Francisco. It had two pike, Spear, and Archer. Lost one unit.

Notes:
160 turns in and I am getting tired (had two riots) so I think I will pass the game on.

One of the biggest issues now is lack of Workers on the front. Most of the Workers near Uppsula and Stockholm are heading to connect San Francisco (has none) and Rheims (has about 6) and remain to help us advance.

US is sending a few units each turn. Only Speed 2 has been the Chariot (and Priests, Enslavers) so they don't have Horses. They do have Longbow and Pike.

LK160_AD1310.png

Attachments

• LK160-1310AD.SAV
    894.7 KB · Views: 67
We are slowly plugging away at USA. I hope taking Washington will get rid of their chariots.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe
Greebley
Elephantium (up)
TheRat (on deck)

Good progress. Looks like the AIs we know are all on the run! :trouble:

Next up - take Washington, then push NW of San Fran? We'll want to start taking Brazilian cities soon, too.

I've got it (Thanks @LKendter for the reminder!) -- I'm planning to play both SGs tonight, but I might not finish with both until tomorrow.

We should only take us 4 turns to learn Dark Ages and 4 turns to learn Feudalism. Feudalism allows us to build Palace Guard (100 shields) in Istanbul. It will take 7 turns for Istanbul to build it. You might consider doing a pre-build in Istanbul.

Midset :cry:

Error! Game crashes
Missing entry in Scenarios\CCM2\text\PediaIcons.txt ANIMNAME_PRTO_Medieval Naval Explorer

WTF? I thought it would be looking for things in my main Civ folder...
Looking more closely, $CONQUESTS\text\PediaIcons.txt has Medieval Naval Explorer.

$CONQUESTS\Scenarios\CCM2\text\PediaIcons.txt has the "Medivial" entry instead.

What's the best fix?
1. Copy the PediaIcons file from Conquests into Scenarios
2. Delete the "Scenarios\CCM2" folder since I have it installed over Conquests

It suspect is something with your installation.

Can you attached your latest save? I want to see if I get the same thing.
I installed as a scenario.

You could rename scenarios\CCM2 to scenarios\CCM2-JUNK and see if it still happens.

Elephantium; the misspelling of Medieval was pointed out during beta testing. I believe we had to leave in the misspelled Medivial so we could finish LK159. I would go with your option "1. Copy the PediaIcons file from Conquests into Scenarios" which corrects the spelling to "Medieval".

Top Bottom