LK160, CCM, AW, Turkey

Disappointed that CCM how has to be installed in main. Looks like I need to keep a backup of the original directory to be able to swap back if needed.

Do we attempt a single culture victory?

Disappointed that CCM how has to be installed in main. Looks like I need to keep a backup of the original directory to be able to swap back if needed.

Do we attempt a single culture victory?

A backup of the C3C mainfiles (Art, Text and sounds and the Conquests main-biq) is strongly suggested in the installation hints of post 1 of the CCM2 thread. The expanded mainfiles are needed for the next version of RARR, CCM1 and WW2 Global Gold, too. The swap of the files in my eyes is really easy and can be done in some seconds. Additionally you now can post screenshots about the City View in your games, have the option to replay the map of your last game and an, in my eyes, slightly more smoothly gameplay. The expanded mainfiles help to need less space on your pc, if you have these other mods and scenarios installed on your pc, too, help other modders to avoid the reuploading of the same unit files again and again and help me to save much time if something in these files will be changed, fixed or corrected, as I must do it only one time and don´t have to do that procedure 4 or more times.

The best balance for setting a culture victory in CCM2 is something that was not really tested yet. I asked the participants of the last succession games, how many great artists were gained in that game and, if I remember well, the answer was something near to 70 in the first phase of era 3. When all these Great Artists are sent to the same city, this means about 70.000 culture points alone from these Great Artists (plus the number of culture points coming from the buildings) and without considering, that there are also additional culture points coming from monks and the doubling of culture points, coming from some buildings. It can be, that the limits for the culture victory now are too high (or still too low) and must be adapted in one of the next versions of CCM2.

May be the attempt of a cultural victory (Austria wasn´t played yet and has its own Tiger I tanks) would be interesting in having more dates for improving the settings for a cultural victory in CCM2. But it can also be, that this game will end in a carnage, as it was with the 'Race to the Moon' in a former CCM succession game (that´s why I hinted to the Tiger tanks :D).

Thank you Civinator :hatsoff:

Any chance you could add the md5 or sha1 hash of the file to the post that contains the download?

... Do we attempt a single culture victory?
The best balance for setting a culture victory in CCM2 is something that was not really tested yet. I asked the participants of the last succession games, how many great artists were gained in that game and, if I remember well, the answer was something near to 70 in the first phase of era 3. When all these Great Artists are sent to the same city, this means about 70.000 culture points alone from these Great Artists (plus the number of culture points coming from the buildings) and without considering, that there are also additional culture points coming from monks and the doubling of culture points, coming from some buildings. It can be, that the limits for the culture victory now are too high (or still too low) and must be adapted in one of the next versions of CCM2.

The single city value of 180000 might just doable. (I am assuming that the buildings which double culture from Monks and Artists do work and that if more that 1 such building exists in the same city the doubling effects of all such buildings work.)
We would have to concentrate our efforts and make one of the first 3 cities we build our culture city. We could probably win a Domination victory much quicker.

Given the 512 city limit, I do not see how it is possible to reach the all cities limit of 600000. If we controlled 500 cities, the cities would need to have an average culture of 1200. If we have 10 cities with 306000 culture, we need the remaining 490 cities to average 600. The turn before the end of last game we controlled 341 cities and had culture of 191791.

Any chance you could add the md5 or sha1 hash of the file to the post that contains the download?

Jersey Joe, I don´t have the slightest clue what you are meaning with the 'md5 or sha1 hash of the file', so I need an explanation to understand this request. :confused:

Concerning the victory limits for a single city culture victory, I had a similar calculation based on your replies in the last succession game, that this is 'doable'. For the culture victory limits of the complete civ I had no base for such a calculation, but it is clear, that the great artists and the monks can only provide one culture boost and all other culture must come from buildings. If you play a game trying to reach a cultural victory, I would have a better base for setting that victory limit.

Jersey Joe, I don´t have the slightest clue what you are meaning with the 'md5 or sha1 hash of the file', so I need an explanation to understand this request. :confused:
Knowing the md5 (or sha1) value is a convenience not a necessity.
It is a method by which you can quickly determine if the file you downloaded was damaged during the download process.

The md5 algorithm is used to generate a checksum value for a file. The same value is always generated for any one specific file. Therefore, after you download a file you can generate its md5 value and compare it to the known value. If the values are the same you know the file was not damaged during download.

Jersey Joe, thank you very much for that explanation. Now the question remains, how such a checksum value using the md5 algorithm can be created and if this is really necessairy. I made two testdownloads and opened two CCM2.50 games before publishing the download link and all worked well and there was no message by winRAR, that a damaged file existed during the extraction.

Now the question remains, how such a checksum value using the md5 algorithm can be created
Here is a link to a md5 generator.
... and if this is really necessary.
It was important in the past when most internet connections were by phone line and a dial-up modem. Now, the answer depends on the downloader. For me, no it is not necessary I downloaded the file in less than 9 minutes. However, I am guessing, from a post in the download thread, that Wotan49's download speed is very slow. For him it would be a quick way to verify that the file was not damaged during download.

Thanks for the information Greebley. I have not looked at the zip file structure since I sent Phil a donation for his original shareware version.

Top Bottom