LK161, Australia, CCM 2.5, 180K goal

Our Golden Age really helped 180K. :thumbsup: Looks like we have a good shot at building the Great Playhouse.
Wait to the you see the final report. ;-)

Very late set teaser:

650 AD (0)
2 turns to our GA. :)

180K switches to town clock. I short rush to save a turn. I want to get Battlefield Medicine started as a pre-build ASAP.

I give USA 8791 to get steam power. I keep clock works, as I want to snag some wonders along that part of the tech tree.
I sell steam power to Lowlands for $136 and $90/T.
I sell physics to Mongolia for $102 and $83/T.
I sell steam power to Nubia for $203 and $203/T.
I sell economics to Egypt for $154 and $83/T.
I sell steam power to Maghreb for $95 and $86/T.
I sell physics to Persia for $50, $102/T and a worker. It is rare we you get to buy a worker in CCM.
I sell physics to Russia for $50 and $77/T.
I sell medicine to Britain for a marginal $40 and $42/T.
I end the phony war with Arabia giving them $25 for peace.
We are absurdly strong in tech for being in the age of discovery. After these trades we are getting almost 3K in cash per turn.
(IT) We lost a knight to Korea. (0-1)

660 AD (1)
We capture Seoul with $25 and 2 workers. We capture World Religion Buddhism. Religious centers are more effective. We get free Buddhist communities in all cities.
I give Nubia horses and $5,642 to get ballistics.

I’m not sure if I found another CCM issue. Despite having a source of coal I don’t get the option to build steam engines.

We upgrade to muskets for no cost.

We kill Korea: 3 crossbows, 1 Yogi, 2 enslavers and 6 spears. (12-1)
(IT) Sydney Cove is completed. Our GA begins. :dance:

670 AD (2)
The attack force rests. Our units took a beating. A healthy stack starts to build for the next targets.
I ship the backwards Indo-China theology for $35 and $9/T.

We lost: 1 lawyer. (12-2)

680 AD (3)
It is another turn of healing. In addition, there are a massive amount of French units blocking our way.

We kill France: 1 pike, and 1 worker. (14-2)

(IT) Arabia and Brazil sign peace.
We lost our exploring ship by the other land mass to a pirate. (14-3)
Jolly Roger is completed.

690 AD (4)
KABOOM British Bombard arrives.

They may be an age behind, but the volume of French troops is impressive. Our balloon help to reveal stacks of 2, 11, 7, 3, 20, 2 and 2. I think some already went out of sighting range.
We kill Korea: 1 crossbow. (15-3)

700 AD (5)
Bloemfontein gets a rushed university.
I give Spain ballistics for $100 and $57/T.

We kill Korea: 1 crossbow. (16-3)

710 AD (6)
Ulsan is captured. We gain 4 bucks. This city will be garbage for a while. It needs a ton of worker actions.
Hyangsan is captured. We gain 5 bucks.

I ship Maghreb ballistics for $74 and $60/T.

We kill Korea: 1 crossbow, and 5 spears. (22-3)
We lost: 1 knight. (22-4)
[End of session 1]
(IT) We complete Holy Book Printed.
We kill Korea: 2 crossbows. (24-4)
Our heroic elephant is beat, and needs to go heal.

720 AD (7)
:sleep:
(IT) Nubia wants us to break our monopoly on clockworks. :lol:

730 AD (8)
We capture Incheon and $1.
What the? Incheon can build Steam Engine? I thought all cities could build it, not just cities with coal in radius.
I buy bastion fortification from India for $5,410. I wait on absolutism since only 3 civs have it so far.

Korea will last longer due to France blocking the way in. :mad:

I ship backwards China Physics for $38 and $38/T.
I ship Lowlands iron for $965. They also get elephants for $625.

We kill France: 1 crossbow and 1 pike. (26-4)
We kill Korea: 1 crossbow and 3 spears. (30-4)
We lost: 1 MDI. (30-5)
(IT) Maghreb is broke, and stops importing our fine coffee.
I notice Spanish troops walking past our saltpeter colony toward Greece or France.
I still can’t figure out where France is heading. I’m starting to get nervous they are going to force a war before we are ready.

740 AD (9)
Our new lawyer generates our first artist.

We capture Pyongsong gaining 5 gold.
Korea has left the game. :dance:

We kill France: 1 worker. (31-4)
We kill Korea: 2 spears. (33-4)
We lost: 1 knight.
(IT) It costs 6/T more to get gems from Israel.
Scandinavia completes there special wonder, and trips a GA.

750 AD (10)
Cairns is formed. We now have a source of rubber.

Inchon has a castle. The first upgrades occur with some bombards becoming cannons.

[End of session 2]

Summary:
Coal, coffee and a bit less than 6,000 will get us absolutism. That will open up great palace for spy missions. It also opens up hussar (or our specific unit). War elephants and knights of the realm upgrade to this. I’m hoping to hold out a bit and get it cheaper when more civs know it. Right now only 3 civs know it.

Our troops are starting to collect by Seoul. The eventual attack on France will start here.

I’m hoping we can complete also all buildings during this GA. Then we can go military heavy for the conquest phase.

Don’t trade clockworks We still have a monopoly. Free artistry is 4 turns away, and battle field medicine completes in 180K in 5. If we keep clockworks as a monopoly long enough I think we can get Great Playhouse first (spend those monks / artists). After that we can snag Taj Mahal and Neuschwanstein. Both of those are good for a civ wide happy face. I am also hoping this gives as a strong lead to get railroad first, and the super wonder Crystal Place for *2* free techs.

Take a look at war memorial under military tradition. It helps with science output???

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe (up)
Greebley (on deck)
Elephantium
Don’t build an opera in 180K. We agreed not to use the 2X to 4X exploit for monks / artist
Cultural win progress:

750 AD: 1,671 / 180,000

Attachments

• LK161-750AD.SAV
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
Nice to see the Koreans gone. :goodjob: I might not trade Clockworks at all. We need time to build the 3 Wonders in 180K.

I got it. I anticipate being finished before the weekend.

Arabia, India and, USA learned Clockworks. 180K should build Great Playhouse on turn we learn Free Artistry. Getting another Great Wonder should be no problem. The third Wonder might be a close race. I am swapping Wonders and building the Great Playhouse as the Third Wonder. If we do not get it we can still build an Opera.

Since 3 Civs learned Clockworks, I traded Clockworks, Spices, Coal and 172 gold to Lowlands for Absolutism. We can now build the Great Palace.

Since The Great Palace acts as a barracks, I was thinking of building it in Hobart to give us another City with a barracks for the turns after we learn Military Tradition (castles become obsolete) and before we learn Communism. The problem is the Great Palace produces 5 culture per turn so it would fit nicely in 180K. Any preferences?

Early set teaser:

None of our opponents have learned Printing Press yet, so worst case is I will most likely get the second Wonder build just as they are finishing Free Artistry. It might be a race to see who finishes the Third Wonder.

Right now I am building the Taj Mahal. The idea is that if we do not get to finish building the Great Playhouse, we switch to building the Opera. If we really want the Great Playhouse I have no problem switching the build order.

Which tech should we be learning and should we go all out to learn it asap?
There are 3 techs available. As can be seen in the screen shot below, I have picked Naval Power.

I think the order of study should be:
Naval Power
Enlightenment (slavery becomes obsolete)
Military Tradition (castles become obsolete)

My vote is Great Playhouse next. Free theaters everywhere really help our new conquests. 25% more shields is nice in 180K. I suspect we get all three, as I think the AI isn't building anything.

I agree with the tech order. Railroad and Crystal palace is the big prize we want.

I am between 830AD and 840AD. Spain just declared war on us. Spain has some 20+ troops SoDs close to our northwest cities (Darwin, Elephantium Prime and, not far from 180K).

France just offered us peace I can get 2 cities (Rouen and Grenoble) plus all their gold (88 gold). I was getting set to attack Paris. However, I do not think I can take Paris easily and the troops are need to beat off the Spainish. I am inclined to accept the peace with France (fighting will be easier with Rails). Any opinions?

Definitely take peace with France. I wasn't expecting a war during your set. I thought we needed more time to heal, and build more defenders.

LKendter, I think I have found a small error in your sig: LK160, CCM, AW is active

and

Jersey Joe, could you please post a screenshot about the border situation with Spain ?

Continuing 750 AD: Culture Win Progress in 180K: 1671 Athens (Greece): 4949 culture,
Trades: Medicine to Mongol Khanates for 166 gold and 79 gpt.
Fossil Energy to Persia for 2 gold and 87 gpt.
Navigation to Japan for 71 gold and 60 gpt.
Since I like happy people, Coffee and 172 gold to India for Silks.

IBT: Arabia, India and, USA just learned Clockworks. We should learn Free Artistry before they learn Printing Press. It will be close but I think we can still build all 3 of the Free Artistry Wonders.

760 AD:
Hire some more Scientists in 180K so we do not have a 100+ shield overflow when we build Great Playhouse.
West of Seoul an ePriest kills an Enslaver (1, 0). We conclude that the enslaver must have been French. To rectify this affront, we declare War on the French.
At Pyongyang: We lose a Knight of the Realm but, 2 eWar Elephants kill a French Spearman and a Late Pike (3, 1). Pyongyang is captured.

Okay so I was optimistic when I said I might never trade Clockworks. Given that 3 countries have learned Clockworks and this looks like a good deal:
Clockworks, Spices, Coal and, 39 Gold to the Lowlands for Absolutism.
Followed by Clockworks to Nubia for 135 gpt.

Lawyer signs French Spearman to acting contract (4, 1); Priest kills Crossbowman (5, 1); Priest converts Footknight (6, 1).

IBT: Knight of the Realm barely survives attack by French War Elephant (7, 1), to then succumb when attacked by a second War Elephant (7, 2).
By Inch’on a War Elephant kills a French Trebuchet, a Spearman and a Crossbowman (10, 2).

770 AD:
Enslaver kills French War Elephant (11, 2).

IBT: Knight at Pyongsong Is killed by French War Elephant (11, 3). Grenadier kills French Crossbow (12, 3); Same Grenadier kills Medieval Infantry (gets promoted to elite) and kills a Footknight (15, 3). Our new Privateer is sunk by French Galleass (15, 4).

780 AD:
At Pusan: eKnight of the Realm kills Late Pike (16, 4); eKnight of the Realm kills Late Pike (17, 4) and get a Great Leader. Pusan is captured and we get a Slave.
At Chartres: Musketeers kill 2 Gallic Spearmen (19, 4). Chartres is captured and we get a Slave.
Defending Hyangsan: Hussar kills French War Elephant (20, 4); Priest kills Pike (21, 4); Cuirassier kills Late Pike (22, 4); Musketeer kills Late Pike (23, 4); Bombard kills Late Pike (24, 4); Enslaver kills Crossbow (25, 4). Musketeer kills Late Pike (26, 4).
At Pyongsong, Knight kills French War Elephant (27, 4).

IBT: Musketeer defending Chartres is trampled by a rampaging French War Elephant (27, 5).

790 AD:
180K builds Neuschwanstein and starts building the Great Playhouse. I should have built the Great Playhouse first. The extra 25% shields it gives would have dropped the build time on the other 2 wonders from 5 turns to 4 turns. (see 840 AD below)

Great Leader rushes University in Namp’o. Namp’o renamed Nampa.

Defending Chartres, Musketeer puts down rampaging French War Elephant (28, 5).
Defending Pyongsong, Knight kills wounded War Elephant (29, 5).
Defending Pusan: Bombard kills Late Pike (30, 5); eKnight of the Realm kills (31, 5);

At Avigon: eKnight of the Realm kills Late Pike (32,5); Hussar kills Gallic Spearman (33,5); eWar Elephant kills Late Pike (34,5). Avigon is captured.

Defending Hyangsan: Cannon kills Late Pike (35, 5); Hussar kills Medieval Infantry (36, 5); eWar Elephant kills Late Pike (37, 5); Blitzing eWar Elephant kills Pike (38, 5); War Elephant kills Late Pike (39, 5); Grenadier kills Gallic Spearman (40, 5); Knight kills Crossbowman (41, 5); Hussar kills Crossbowman (42, 5); Enslaver captures a Crossbowman (43, 5).

IBT: Knight killed by French Late Pike (43, 6).

800 AD:
Defending Avigon: eKnight of the Realm kills Crossbow (44, 6); eLaywer signs Crossbow to painting contract (45, 6); Musketeer kills Crossbow (46, 6).
Defending Hyangsan: Cannon kills Terbuchet (47, 6); eWar Elephant kills Late Pike (48, 6).

IBT: Elizabeth wants to cancel our deal for Wine. I trade her Economics for Wine, 33 gold and 33 gpt.
Lawyer signs a French Crossbow to an acting contract (49, 6).
We get deposed by the French in Avigon and lose a Musketeer and an eKnight of the Realm (49, 8).

810 AD:
Retaking Avigon: eLawyer signs Pike to a dance contract (50, 8); eCuirassier kills Late Pike (51, 8). Avigon is again ours.

Defending Hyangsan: Hussar killed by Late Pike (51, 9); Hussar kills Late Pike (52, 9); Hussar kills Medieval Infantry (53, 9); Hussar Dumbo killed by Medieval Infantry (53, 10); Grenadier kills Medieval Infantry (54, 10); Grenadier kills War Elephant (55, 10);

IBT: Defending Hyangsan from a French attack: 2 Grenadiers are killed. A Musketeer gets a Great Leader. We kill 5 Crossbowmen, 1 Footknight, and 1 Trebuchet (62, 12).

820 AD:
Great Leader builds University in Seoul.

The Arabs, India and, USA are now researching Free Artistry.
I trade Printing Press to Lowlands for 5616 gold.
I trade Printing Press to Nubia for 1852 gold and 50 gpt.

At Lyons: Cannon kills Late Pike (63, 12); Hussar is killed by Pike (63, 13); Hussar kills Pike (64, 13); Musketeer kills Spearman (65, 13), Enslaver kills Crossbow (66, 13). Lyons is captured.

Defending Hyangsan: eKnight kills Late Pike (67, 13); Grenadier kills Gallic Spearman (68, 13); Cannon kills Late Pike. eWar Elephant kills Footknight (69, 13); Hussar kills Late Pike (70, 13);

IBT: Grenadier killed by French Crossbow (70, 14).

830 AD:
Trade Spices and 380 gold to Spain for Tobacco.

Enslaver kills French Crossbow (71, 14).

Defending Hyangsan: Cannon kills Crossbow (72, 14); eCannon kills Crossbow (73, 14); eHussar kills Late Pike (74, 14); Hussar killed by Late Pike (74, 15); Hussar kills Medieval Infantry (75,15); Hussar kills Late Pike (76, 15); eKnight kills Footknight (77, 15); eEslaver captures Late Pike (78, 15); ePriest converts Medieval Infantry (79, 15); eGrenadier kills Pike (80, 15); Grenadier kills Late Pike (81, 15); Priest kills Crossbow (82, 15); Enslaver kills Crossbow (83, 15); eWar Elephant kills Trebuchet (84, 15); Grenadier kills Crossbow (85, 15). The riffraff is cleaned from Hyangsan.

IBT: The devious Spanish declare War on us. :gripe::deal: :trouble:
One of our brave Grenadiers defending Pyongsong is killed by a Spanish Trebuchet (85, 16); Grenadier kills a Spanish Crossbow (86, 16) and Pyongsong remains ours.

The French cede Besancon and Grenoble to us in exchange for a Peace Treaty.

840 AD:

The citizens of 180K complain. They had been expecting a 25% increase in productivity. :shake:

However, the out of work Entertainers now have jobs. Their efforts are helping the city become more cultured. Even the Monks, who had been clostered, emerge to bring even more culture to 180K.

Instead of allowing the Spanish to pillage Pyongsong, I abandon it.:dunno:

IBT: India starts building the Taj Mahal. It will take 180K 4 more turns, I do not know how fast the city of Bengal can build it.

Our Fur deal with Poland expires. I trade Chivalry to Poland for Furs, 51 gold and 11 gpt.

850 AD:
At Darwin, Hussar kills Spanish Late Pike (87, 16).
At Hyangsan, eLawyer kills Greek Late Pike (88, 16); Lawyer kills Crossbow (89, 16).

Reminder: Do Not Build Opera in 180K.

Screenshots to follow

Notes:
Arabia and India have learned Free Artistry. It looks like we could trade it for Naval Power and Start researching Enlightenment.
Also, we could get Military Tradition, but then our Castles become obsolete. If we wait until Arabia or India will trade Enlightenment to us (probably 4 turns) we might still be able to trade a Tech to either the Lowlands or Nubia for Military Tradition.

The Workers next to Hyangsan can build a road in 1 Turn.

The stack of Workers in northern Melbourne just finished building a Mine. If you move them to the stack of Workers in Southern Melbourne they can finish the Mine plus Road next turn.

I think we should build the Military Academy in Hobart to let it build Veteran troops after Castles go obsolete (when we learn Military Tradition).

Attachments

• LK161-850AD.SAV
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Top Bottom