LK161, Australia, CCM 2.5, 180K goal

Weeeelllll... Tusker hasn't been on the board since Jan 1. Maybe he has internets problem? Hopefully not foul play! :shifty:
Hopefully back shortly. If I don't here by Sunday, I will pick it up. I have no time Friday / Saturday / Sunday afternoon. Doesn't make sense to grab sooner.

ROSTER:
LKendter (up)
Jersey Joe (on deck)
Greebley
Elephantium (status unknown, last login 1/1)
Don’t build an opera in 180K. We agree not to use the 2X to 4X exploit for monks / artist
Cultural win progress:

1300 AD: 61,055 / 180,000 33.92%

Really hopefully Civinator can offer some insight on MapStat.

I'm really wondering if he added more units then the utility can handle.
I'm not sure if Slaver's Hut was the trip point. I'm leaning toward a unit built by another Civ.

Without MapStat, or similar utility I will have massive riots. I've become way to dependent on that tool to play these monster games without.

LKendter, here is my second attempt to answer your question about MapStat not working with CCM2.50 in one of the first posts of this thread (- but it was working with CCM2.45).

One option I changed in CCM2.50 was to give the player the possibility to set many of the victory conditions of the game freely when starting a game. In CCM 2.45 these victory conditions were locked - among them the victory point scoring, that is needed for the working of the supply shipments. I attache a conquests biq to this post, based on CCM 2.50, where those victory conditions are locked for the player again, as it was in CCM 2.45. May be you can have a test with a newly started game, if now MapStat is working with CCM2.50, too. I made only some small changes in the scenario properties back to CCM2.45, but I don´t know, if the replacement of the old conquests biq with the new one will have some influence if used in your current succession game. When doing such a test, please don´t forget, that an old conquests biq in the virtual store of your pc can overwrite this new conquests biq and the new conquests biq in the virtual store can overwrite your old conquests biq, too.

Attachments

• conquests.zip
    118.5 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
ROSTER:
LKendter (on deck)
Jersey Joe
Greebley
Elephantium (up)
Don’t build an opera in 180K. We agree not to use the 2X to 4X exploit for monks / artist
Cultural win progress:

1300 AD: 61,055 / 180,000 33.92%

Ouch, I was out of town last week. This was the absolute worst possible timing :cry:

Ouch, I was out of town last week. This was the absolute worst possible timing :cry:
I've already done a couple of moves. I 'll put your down for a swap.

Welcome back Tusker! :banana::dance::banana:

I was worried that you had found the edge of the world and jumped to find out what was out there.

Mid set teaser:

Settler on a boat slowed us down, but after killing it, we finally get the message we want.
LAK-1876.jpg

1300 AD (0)
We have plenty of ongoing trades. The only civs without trades are broke.
(IT) Greece and Arabia get friendly.
We killed an attacking ship. (1-0)

1305 AD (1)
Thessalonica is captured gaining 2 workers.

We kill Greece: 1 heavy artillery piece, 1 settler, 1 cannon, 2 muskets, 1 ship of the line and 1 paddle wheeler. (8-0)
We kill Nubia: 1 pike, and 1 crossbow. (10-0)
We kill Egypt: 1 spear, and 1 pike. (12-0)
We lost: 4 light horses and 1 partisan. (12-5)
(IT) I give in to Arabia’s demand for incense.
Greece wants to talk. :lol:
Corinth flips back to Greece.
We killed a ship. (13-5)

1310 AD (2)
We capture Troy gaining 1 worker.
We recover Corinth.

An elephants agree to be a circus entertainer.
[End of session 1]

Another elephant agrees to the circus. They almost got the lawyer ejected from court.
Our partisans finally figure out how to multiply.
Our priest has there prayers answered. Another monk arrives to spread the holy word at 180K.

We kill Greece: 1 pike, 1 musket, 2 line infantry, and 1 ship. (18-5)
We kill Egypt: 1 bucket, 1 crossbow, 1 pike, and 4 elephants. (25-5)
We lost: 1 light horse. (25-6)

1315 AD (3)
I am forced to reload. Greece has a settler on a boat. I find it, but there are a LOT of Greek ships in the area.
[End of session 2]
We gain 2 partisans.

We kill Greece: 2 paddle steamers. (27-6)
We kill Egypt: 1 MDI, 1 crossbow, 1 bucket and 2 pike. (32-6)
(IT) We lost a partisan, and killed an artillery piece. (33-7)

1320 AD (4)
At some point, I will need to start a war with Egypt. As long as I can find stray units to kill with our lawyers and last priest, I am avoiding it. Generating culture only requires picking off units even if boring. Above all, I don’t want to have to invade the other land mass for artist fishing.
We gain 1 partisan.
[End of session 3]

We kill Greece: 1 galleass. (34-7)
We kill Egypt: 3 crossbows, 1 pike, 1 spear, and 1 cannon. (40-7)
[End of session 4]
(IT) We lost a ship. (40-8)
We get another lawyer. :dance:

1325 AD (5)
We sign a contract for an elephant to entertain at the zoo.
We gain 1 partisan.
Partisans work nicely for artist fishing. They can kill the one stronger defender, leaving the weak ones for the lawyers and priests.
We have a new entertainment show: pike on a stick.

We kill Greece: 1 galleass and 1 paddle steamer. (42-8)
We kill Egypt: 1 pike, 1 bucket, 1 archer, 1 spear, 1 MDI, 1 musket and 1 elephant. (49-8)
(IT) We killed a Greek ship. (50-8)
Cheju flips to Greece.

1330 AD (6)
Pergamon is auto-razed. I can’t reach Cheju that just flipped.
[End of session 5]

We get a break, and our lawyer is smart enough to retreat.
A new partisan is generated.
A crossbow agrees to become circus act.
A priest convinces a crossbow to spread the holy word.

We kill Greece: 1 musket, 1 pike, 1 caravel, 1 heavy frigate and 1 corvette. (55-8)
We kill Egypt: 1 crossbow, and 2 pike. (58-8)
We lost: 1 partisan. (59-8)
(IT) Japan and Israel sign a peace treaty. Israel then declares on Turkey.
We complete Theory of Relativity on 180K. Not a lot of culture, but I don’t want the leading AIs to get a science boost.
America and the Arabs are building Ford’s Factory. :(

1335 AD (7)
I am starting to run out of targets for the lawyers. Nubia was nice enough to send a stack our way.
We gain 3 partisans
A crossbow decides to perform in a play.

[End of session 6]

We fail to plant spies in Lowlands and Japan.

We kill Greece: 1 pike. (60-8)
We kill Nubia: 4 crossbows, 4 pike and 1 MDI. (69-8)
We lost: 1 partisan. (69-9)
(IT) India is now building Ford’s Factory.

1340 AD (8)
The circus now has a crossbow swallower.

We kill Nubia: 2 pikes and 4 crossbows. (75-9)
We lost: 1 partisan. (75-10)
(IT) We lost a ship. (75-11)
USA declares on Germany.

1345 AD (9)
We are almost out of lawyer targets. :(
Most of what Egypt has left inside our borders is too high of defense.
We plant a spy in Egypt. We try to steal a good world map, and fail. We are at war with Egypt. Somehow we plant another spy. We steal Egypt’s map.
We sign yet another circus contract. We add a pike swallower. The act is so popular that we add a second. The amazing Waldo also joins the circus.
Ultimate Lawyer arrives. Thessalonica gets a rushed factory.
A spear rejects our contract, and chases the lawyer out court. Hopefully his next contract attempt will go better.
There are now just 2 visible Egypt stacks. Both have infantry on top in the jungle. I will wait to that get on better terrain.

We kill Egypt: 1 spear, 1 infantry, 3 pikes, and 6 muskets. (86-11)
We lost: 2 early armored cars. (86-13)
(IT) Arabia declares war on America.
India and Indo-China sign a peace treaty.
We complete research on marine engineering.
America completes Blue Riband.

1350 AD (10)
All of our lawyers are healing. There is no defense one unit for our priest to hit. No culture fishing this turn.
We gain 1 partisan.

We kill Egypt: 1 spear, 1 foot knight, 3 MDI, 2 infantry, 5 pikes, and 4 muskets. (102-13)
We lost: 1 early armored car. (102-14)

[End of session 7]

Summary:
The majority of our workers are in France. They are simply dropping rails anywhere a road already exists.
The secondary stack is around iron city. They are laying roads, planting forest, etc. There main goal is city optimizing. Whispering pines need more forest. Adelaide needs massive work.

There is no rush to end the war with Egypt. I hope some junk crosses our border to feed the lawyers.

A single lost lawyer will delay ending this game. The priest was only attacking defense one units. The lawyers’ maximum was defense three units WITHOUT crossbows or anything else giving a defense shot. I was only attacking on flat land, not behind a river. Lawyer preservation is the number one concern.

ROSTER:
LKendter (swapped)
Jersey Joe (on deck)
Greebley
Elephantium (up)
Cultural win progress:

1350 AD: 82,394 / 180,000 45.77%

Attachments

• LK161-1350AD.SAV
    1.4 MB · Views: 252
victory conditions are locked for the player again, as it was in CCM 2.45. May be you can have a test with a newly started game, if now MapStat is working with CCM2.50, too.
I just did a test to almost the AD time range. Mapstat continues to work that late. I didn't even get through 50 turns before.

We are averaging very close to 2k (i.e. 1 artist) a turn. If we keep that up we would finish in 50 turns or so

If units get short, it occurs to me we can declare war on the most primitive remaining civ on the continent. The fact we can not attack their cities doesn't matter; we just want them to send streams of low defense units. It would take a while to get to us if they are farther away, so we would want to do this earlier.

Top Bottom