1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LK161, Australia, CCM 2.5, 180K goal

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by LKendter, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

This sounds like a good news. :) So for starting any game with CCM2.50 and the intention to use Mapstat, it could be a good idea, to use such a CCM2.50 biq with locked victory conditions.

2. Civinator

:D

3. Civinator

Such a diabolic plan! :devil:

4. LKendter

LKendter Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!! Supporter

ROSTER:
    LKendter (swapped)
    Jersey Joe (on deck)
    Greebley
    Elephantium (up) Bump #1
    Don’t build an opera in 180K. We agree not to use the 2X to 4X exploit for monks / artist
    Cultural win progress:

1350 AD: 82,394 / 180,000 45.77%

5. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

I've got it.

6. LKendter

I vote to do this ASAP even with the Egypt war going. IIRC Japan is really backwards.

7. Elephantium

I'm on my last turn. Silks deal with India just ended. We have Dreadnoughts, they have Mass Production.

We can sell Dreadnoughts to India for Mass Prod, Silks, 127gpt, and ~5500 gold.
    Or to USA For Mass Prod, Silks, Silver, and ~5000 gold.

This would let us get started researching Flight, which I'd like to do. It will let us build more effective bombers (= easier targets for our Lawyers!) and upgrade our Zeppelins.

OTOH, I recall seeing a word about avoiding trade in the endgame...

Thoughts?

Edit: I'll punt on that question. I'm at the end of T10, so I'll hand it off and let the next player trade before hitting 'enter'.

Pre-turn:

We have lots of troops fortified by the capital, so Egypt should be no problem. Looks like we're fighting a purely defensive war in hopes of Lawyering low-defense units.

IBT:

Screen stalls immediately, so I have no clue what moved :(

OTOH, at least it didn't just go white...
    Japan dials us up and asks for MPP + RoP! :lol:
    Screen stalls again

T1: Armored cars make the screen go white when they attack. I kill an Egyptian Cav and lose one to a horse arty :(
    More attacks leave two Horse Artillery at 1hp in the jungle.
    Combat calculator says <5% chance of losing. Lawyers sign one of the gunners for a contract!
    I spot an opportunity on the Nubian border. A Partisan kills a Pike, then a Lawyer kills a Crossbow. No Artist though.

IBT:

South America wants us to pay for MPP + ROP!
    India completes Ford's Factory.

T2:

Two Lawyers kill two wounded arty near Corinth. No Artists.

IBT:

White screen again...

T3:

Lawyer kills arty near Corinth
    Stack of Armored Cars reduces a stack near Knossos; Lawyer signs on the Xbow at the bottom.
    Stack of Armored Cars reduces a stack W of Corinth; Lawyers and Priest pick off the remnants; one Artist and one Monk result.

IBT:

Egypt bombards us in Troy with Zeppelins.
    Britain declares on USA!
    Italy wants us to pay for MPP :rolleyes:

T4: Wipe out a stack near Corinth; net 2 Artists from it.

IBT:

We get some bombardments in Troy.

T5: We net one more Artist from a stack that ended with a Spear + Xbow near Corinth.
    We bombard (with Zeppelins) and kill 2 redlined units near Knossos with Lawyers.

On a lark, I probe Herakleia with Armored Cars. It's lightly defended, so I take the city. We have 6 new Zeppelins!
    That opens up a few more attacks, one of which nets a Leader.

I dial up Japan and declare war (a per-turn deal just expired)
    Same for Russia.

IBT:

India declares on the Arabs!
    Britain immediately declares on the Indians!
    Lowlands and Israel sign peace.

T6:

We kill some Egyptians near Herakleia and net another Artist in the action.

IBT:

Poland declares on Egypt and Turkey!

T7:

We have lots of targets to bomb with our Zeppelins. One is an Adventurer in reach of a Lawyer - redlined, he falls easily.
    Battle of Alexandria: 2 Armored Cars lost, 2 retreats, no promotions.
    This exposes a Heavy Arty, who a Lawyer converts to an Artist.

IBT:

This time it's Indochina who wants us to pay for MPP. Sigh...
    Resistance in Alexandria ends.

T8: Some Adventurers poked our their noses near Alexandria. Armored Cars cut them off.
    Two Japanese units also showed up. One becomes an Artist.

180k has officially crossed the 100,000 culture marker.

IBT:

Arabia is building International Telephone Corp.
    Germany declares on India

T9:

Persia has two Trebs on grassland near Alexandria. Lawyers kill them both, no Artists.
    While running over a stray Adventurer, we get a Leader! He rushes a Factory in Amiens.

IBT:

Not much happens. Egypt is moving troops but not attacking.

Turks complete Topkapi Palace.
    We catch USA planting a spy.
    Our Silks deal with India runs out.

T10:

We Zeppelin-redline an Eastern Musketeer near Corinth. Now he's an Artist :D
    Persia has a stack of obsolete stuff (def 1-2) near Troy. One quick railroading session, 3 Lawyers, and we're adding another Artist to the list [party]

Pictures:

Our capital. You can see the military reserves waiting to strike.

Egyptian front. Alexandria needs expanded culture borders before she has a prayer of feeding that many citizens.

Nubian border, where some Egyptian friends are. I have some Zeppelins in Halicarnassus; they can probably redline the stack next turn to ease Lawyering them up. Just make sure you move the treasure truck before attacking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  8. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Steadholder Supporter

You broke the 100K mark in 180K! :goodjob: 180K is now at 105364 culture. :thumbsup:

I got it. Hope I am as successful in attracting Entertainers to180K as Elephantium was.

In addition to trading, I am going to revolt into Communism. (I am interested to see if we can build new Barracks while keeping the Napoleonic Barracks).

9. LKendter

180K has officially passed the half-way point. :dance:
    It was nice to see another round with no dead lawyers.

ROSTER:
    LKendter (swapped)
    Jersey Joe (up, and got it)
    Greebley (on deck)
    Elephantium
    Don’t build an opera in 180K. We agree not to use the 2X to 4X exploit for monks / artist
    Cultural win progress:

1400 AD: 105, 364 / 180,000 58.53%

10. Elephantium

The Zeppelins helped a lot.

Any thoughts on trading to enable faster research on Flight?

11. Jersey Joe

I figure I will trade Dreadnoughts to India for Mass Production, Silks, and as much cash as they will give us. Followed by trading Dreadnoughts to USA for Fascism, Silver, and as much cash as they will give us. Then trading Dreadnoughts to Arabia for a tech, if available, plus as much cash as they will give us.

That will give us a choice between learning Submarines, Flight, or Early Tanks. In our normal games I would say Early Tanks.
    However, I think Elephantium has a good point about being able to redline enemy troops with bombing runs. So I am leaning towards learning Flight next. Any opinions?

12. LKendter

I agree bombard is more important. We need to do everything possible to safeguard our lawyers / lone priest.

13. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Agree as well

14. Jersey Joe

Finishing 1400 AD: Culture Win Progress in 180K: 105364 -- Amsterdam (Lowlands): 10991

Trades:
    Dreadnoughts to India for Mass Production, Silks, 5405 gold, and 294 gpt.
    Dreadnoughts to USA for Fascism, Silver, and 376 gold,
    Dreadnoughts and Elephants to Arabia for 10879 gold.
    Marine Engineering to Britain for Wine, 20 gold, and 131 gpt.
    Steel to Israel for 68 gold and 42 gpt.

Our study of Flight is delayed while we adopt Communism.

1405 AD:
    Pre-Dreadnought sinks Pirate (1, 0).

At Halicarnassuss: Lawyer kills Egyptian Footknight (2, 0); Lawyer signs Pikeman to appear in remake of Mad Max (3, 0). Priest kills Pikeman (4, 0).

At Alexandria: Lawyer kills Adventurer (4, 0); Lawyer signs Adventurer to Mad Max contract (5, 0); eLawyer signs Rifleman to movie contract (6, 0)

IBT: At Eretria: Musketeer Portos kills (Arab?) Partisan (7, 0).

We become Communists.

1410 AD:
    Our Navy sinks 2 Egyptian Destroyers (9, 0).

At Halicarnassuss: Lawyers kill an Egyptian Footknight and a Pikeman (11, 0).

At Alexandria: Lawyer kills Egyptian Musketeer (12, 0); eLawyer signs Adventurer to movie contract (13, 0);

IBT: Poland declares war on the Israelites.
    Egyptian Adventures rush into our territory demanding parts in the up coming remake of Mad Max.

1415 AD:
    Zeppelins carpet bomb Adventures and then ...
    Lawyer signs Egyptian Adventurer to acting contract (13, 0); eLawyer signs Adventurer (14, 0) to acting contract. Also we get a Great Leader. The Great Leader rushes a shipyard for building Super Dreadnoughts in Whispering Pines. eLawyer signs Adventurer (15, 0) to acting contract. Also we get a Great Leader. Great Leader rushes a factory in Cheju. Lawyer sign Adventurer to movie contract (16, 0).
    eArmor Car kills Egyptian Rifleman (16, 0);

Razing Hieraconpolis: eArmor Car kills Egyptian Rifleman (17, 0); eArmor Cars kill 2 Late Pikemen (19, 0); ePartisan kills Adventurer (20, 0); Lawyer signs Musketeer to acting contract (21, 0). Hieraconpolis is razed, we get 13 slave workers.

Port Hedland is founded on the ruins.

Liberation of Elephantine: Kaboom Squared kills Egyptian Rifleman (22, 0); eHorse Artillery kills Rifleman (23, 0); Armored Car killed by Rifleman (23, 1); eLight Horse kills Rifleman (24, 1). Elephantine is liberated.

Liberation of List: Zeppelins bomb List. Priest kills wounded Egyptian Spearman (25, 1). We get a Great Leader. List is liberated. Great Leader rushes an University in Madrid.

IBT: Germany cancels sending us gold for Tobacco

1420 AD:
    The gods of random chance are against us as our Zeppelins do a poor job of bombing Adventurers.
    Lawyers sign 3 Adventurers to Movie contracts (28, 1).

Liberation of Pi-Ramesses:
    Armored Car killed by Egyptian Rifleman (28, 2); Armored Cars kill 2 Rifleman (30, 3); eKaboom Squared kills Rifleman (31, 2); Pi-Ramesses is liberated. Lawyer kills Adventurer (32, 2). eLight Horse kills Medieval Infantry (33, 2). Lawyer signs Musketeer to movie contract (34, 2).

Liberation of Asyut:
    Armored Car kills Egyptian Rifleman (35, 2); Lawyer kills Musketeer (36, 2). Asyut is Liberated. Lawyer kills Medieval Infantry (37, 2); Armored Car kills Egyptian Rifleman (38, 2).

1425 AD:
    Zeppelins bomb Adventurers and other targets of opportunity.
    Lawyers kill 3 Egyptian Adventurers (41, 2); Lawyer kills Pike (42, 2).

ePartisan recruits Persian Medieval Infantry (43, 2); Recruited Partisan recruits his Pikeman friend (44, 2); New recruit gets his friend a Crossbowman to join up (45, 2). Recruit is killed by Medieval Infantry (45, 3); Partisan is kills Late Pike man (46, 3); Partisan is killed by Medieval Infantry (46, 4); Partisan kills Medieval Infantry (47, 4); Partisan killed by Immortal (47, 5); Partisan recruits Immortal (48, 5); Partisan kills Crossbow (49, 5).

Liberation of Heliopolis:
    eArmored Car kills Egyptian Rifleman (50, 5); eArmored Car killed by Egyptian Rifleman (50, 6); eArmored Car kills Egyptian Rifleman (51, 6); eArmored Car killed by Egyptian Rifleman (51, 7); eArmored Car kills Egyptian Rifleman (52, 7); eLight Horse kills Rifleman (53, 7). Heliopolis is liberate.

Priest converts Warrior Monk to peaceful Monk (55, 7). :lol:

eArmored Car kills Rifleman (56, 7).

Liberation of Thebes:
    We lose 3 Armored Cars killing 8 Egyptian Rifleman (64, 10); eCamel Corp kills Adventure (65, 10); Horse Artillery kills Catapult (66, 10); Horse Artillery kills 2 Camel HMGs (68, 10). Thebes is liberated. Lawyer kills Adventurer (69, 10).

I left several Settlers fortified just North of Darwin.

I think I built (1 or 2 might still be building) Collective Farms and Communist Barracks in all of the cities in our hegemony as of 1410.

Spoiler The Front 1425AD :

Attached Files:

15. LKendter

Summary:
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That was a very aggressive set against Egypt.
    We need to declare war against the weakest civs on the map to ensure a steady stream of junk to kill.
    That was a great round of leader generation. The end feel like it will arrive soon. At most I have one more set.

ROSTER:
    LKendter
    Jersey Joe
    Greebley (up)
    Elephantium (on deck)
    Cultural win progress:

1425 AD: 131,932 / 180,000 73.29%

16. Jersey Joe

Reminder. Bombs do not injure enemy troops that are in the same tile as a supply shipment.
    Recently captured Egyptian cities have many troops fortified in them to calm the resisting citizens.

Italy is a weaker civ and they are already moving troops into the plains region of the map that is between what was Greece and Spain. They are not weak but, Nubia and the Lowlands appear to have many Adventurers. Adventures bombed by Zeppelins were my target of choice for Lawyers.

17. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

I just found out I will be away this weekend (including Monday). I can swap if Elephantium has time this weekend.

Otherwise I will start next weekend

18. Elephantium

I was busy yesterday, but for today: Got it.

19. LKendter

ROSTER:
    LKendter
    Jersey Joe
    Greebley (on deck)
    Elephantium (up - swapped)
    Cultural win progress:

1425 AD: 131,932 / 180,000 73.29%

20. Elephantium

Pre-turn:

Looks good. Nothing much happens on the IBT.

T1:

Priest kills stray Egyptian Spear near Tactical.
    We take Giza, revealing a Yamato Crossbow.
    Lawyer kills that guy.
    Lawyer signs Lowlands Worker up for the moonlight show in 180k :D

IBT:

Japan kills one of our Armored Cars.
    USA completes International Telephone Corp.

T2:

Lawyer enslaves Japanese Siege Crossbow
    Abydos: ACs kill most of the defenders, then we redline a Musketman for a Lawyer to kill. No singer, though.

IBT:

We get a couple of bombardments, nothing serious.

Japan declares war on Persia....
    NUBIA DECLARES WAR ON US!!?? WTF?

T3:

Lawyer kills stray Yamato Crossbowman.
    Zeppelins destroy Marketplace and Great Synagogue in El-Amarna while redlining defenders.
    Lawyer enslaves Pike at El-Amarna!
    Lawyer kills remaining Pike and takes El-Amarna.

We have more Lawyers in reserve, but I don't want to commit them until we can bomb some of Nubia's troops near Halicarnassus. I moved a bunch of Zeppelins there this turn.

Attached Files: