LK161, Australia, CCM 2.5, 180K goal

I don't think Greebley will start to Friday. Feel free to take a bit more if you want to.

Let us know.

Oh, I thought Greebley was only busy until yesterday. I won't have any time to play at all tomorrow, but I might be able to crank out one more turn on Thursday.

On the bright side, Nubia has many Adventurers. Most the the entertainers I got last turn set switched from being an Adventurer to trying to be the next Indiana Jones. ;)

Also, there are 5 fortified Zeppelins in Valencia. Nubia may have troops out in the plains west of Valencia.

Elephantium, Feel free to take a full turn if you wish. I can play this weekend, but if you can play as well then feel free to go ahead and I will take it after that. Most of our turns are more than a week now to find enough time to play. I will likely take more than a week as well unless I happen to have a a whole weekend free.

When it gets to my set it will also be long time.
Last 2 weekends were crazy, and things are just starting to calm down. I still expect at least one more over busy weekend, if not 2 before caught up.

OK, I'll play again tomorrow night. I'll try to get it to "turn 5" for handoff (I have a busier weekend planned, so I'd like to hand it off before then).

Continued...I send two more Lawyers fishing for Elvises (Elvi?); no luck.

IBT:

Egypt wants peace. Nah.
White screen as she's moving ships :'(

Display comes back...and it goes white again several times while Nubia bombs us with Zeppelins.

T4:

Crap! Arabia has Flight already! I was hoping to get it first.

I bombard Memphis and Byblos, and I redline some Nubians near the border. Lawyers kill both units.
Memphis and Byblos both fall pretty easily, despite a LARGE number of defenders in Memphis.

Attachments

• LK161-1445AD.SAV
    1.5 MB · Views: 233
ROSTER:
LKendter (on deck)
Jersey Joe
Greebley (up)
Elephantium (swapped)
Don’t build an opera in 180K. We agree not to use the 2X to 4X exploit for monks / artist
Cultural win progress:

1445 AD: 140,164 / 180,000 77.86%

We aren’t far away from thinking about the next game. I see 2 possibilities:
1) AWM Pangea. Last time wasn’t as much of a blowout as it appeared. If we didn’t find cash rich USA, we might have gone hopelessly behind in tech. I would make sure we aren’t in the center.

2) Civ wide culture win. It would need to be a low level at monarchy IMO. We need to secure another start with at least another city like 180K. Those mined coffee tiles were awesome.
To succeed we would still need our standard take a bunch of civs out.
We want key wonders that generated settlers like colossus.
We need those wonders that civ free culture stuff such. There is one wonder for each religion. Great Playhouse is a free temple. In the current game we get 5 CPT from free stuff each new city.

I learn toward trying the civ wide culture win, and then be done with culture stuff.

We aren’t far away from thinking about the next game. I see 2 possibilities:
1) AWM Pangea. Last time wasn’t as much of a blowout as it appeared. If we didn’t find cash rich USA, we might have gone hopelessly behind in tech. I would make sure we aren’t in the center.

2) Civ wide culture win. It would need to be a low level at monarchy IMO. We need to secure another start with at least another city like 180K. Those mined coffee tiles were awesome.
To succeed we would still need our standard take a bunch of civs out.
We want key wonders that generated settlers like colossus.
We need those wonders that civ free culture stuff such. There is one wonder for each religion. Great Playhouse is a free temple. In the current game we get 5 CPT from free stuff each new city.

I learn toward trying the civ wide culture win, and then be done with culture stuff.
Count me in for either scenario. My first reaction is, I like the idea of going for a culture wide win.
However, how long is it going to take? Maybe make the goal either a civ wide culture win or a space launch?

Do we need 500000 culture for a civ wide win or, did Civinator lower it?
I ask because in our current game 500000 looks a long ways off compared to needing only 20 more Entertainers for the win.

Decided to post this weekends progress and a picture of what is up coming:

Preturn: Did a few deal worth over 100 gpt for older tech. Picked up submarines and started sub pen. Attempted to plant spies with nations we are at war with.

Looks like Italy/Rome has reachable low tech units, so I may declare war next turn.

IBT: Lose a stack near Nubian border. I hadn't noticed, but it didn't have enough defense for what it was facing.

Civinator: Just noticed Collective farm lists cost at 20 in civilopedia but actual appears to actually be 10.

1450 AD: Take out last Egyptian town, Avaris, and they are destroyed.

Lawyer give 2 Artists. There are sufficient Nubians to not need to attack Italy. I was not able to red-line so I may end up building more bombers than a normal game to have more redline Lawyer attacks.

Leader rushed sub pen so I could place in Avaris. Towns that complete it in a turn are fairly far away.

Move on 2 Nubain cities.

IBT: Ugh. Italy and Nubia go to war. Usually this would be helpful, but not when we want to use the weaker Italian units as suing fodder

1455 AD: Capture Toshka which is above our Eastmost city. Wawat I sent partisans after so I use our Zeps and first bombers to damage the defenders first. This allows me to gain as many Partisans as I lose and we capture the city.

Declare war on Italy. Take out first stack generating an Artist with the 2 Lawyer attacks.

Build city to get us closer to Nubian cities close to Italian units. The Italian units are more valuable than the Nubian ones. Note this is not the end of 1455 yet; I still have more to play.

LK161_AD1455.png

Civinator: Just noticed Collective farm lists cost at 20 in civilopedia but actual appears to actually be 10.
Greebley, I think we get it at half price because we have Agriculture as one of our civ traits.

Also, there are Balloons fortified in Canberra. Now that we know Flight, we should be able to upgrade them to something useful.
Maybe a Great Leader should rush an Airports in a town full of Zeppelins.

Reminder: Early Tanks will make Napoleonic Era obsolete. We should rush build Barracks in towns near the front.

Civopedia says balloons can be upgraded to Zepplins and Zepplins to the Handyman Bomber. However, I cannot upgrade the Balloons in the Capitol even with an Airport.

Uploading the save for this... Any idea why?

On the Balloon Civilopedia page it says Balloons become obsolete, and are not upgradeable, when Zeppelins are researched. Zeppelins apparently do upgrade to a Bomber though.

On the Balloon Civilopedia page it says Balloons become obsolete, and are not upgradeable, when Zeppelins are researched. Zeppelins apparently do upgrade to a Bomber though.

Takeo, thank you very much for answering that question complete correctly. :)

Here are the screenshots of the civilopedia entry:

The reason for setting the balloon to become obsolete rather than to be upgradable, is exactly to restrict such tactics to build up big bomber fleets by those very early units. When setting a unit to become obsolete instead of being upgradable, this always causes an automatic wrong hardcoded entry in another part of the civilopedia. In those cases please trust the entries I have written in the civilopedia and not the hardcoded wrong entries in the lower section of the civilopedia, as until now nobody had found a way to disable those hardcoded wrong entries for units, that are becoming obsolete.

Attachments

• Obsolescence1.jpg
    Obsolescence1.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 404
  • Obsolescence2.jpg
    Obsolescence2.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 375
1455 AD: Continued.
Capture Kerma without loss.
Build another city and capture Dongola losing an Armored Car to a Pike but capture the city. Near timberline we lose two Armored Cars to the same Camel. Get another Artist
Capture Semna losing 2 Armored Car.
Capturing Meroe is really bad RNG. We lose around 8 units. 6 of those are lost attacking the final red-lined defender (goes to 2 hp then back to 1) with one retreat. Finally we capture the city.
Capture Buhen losing a unit.

IBT: Lose an ANZAC Infantry WW1

1460 AD:
No Nubian advance. Instead concentrating on Lawyers vs Italians (so clearing the defenders).
Gain a rare Monk for some more culture.
Capture Kaau after roading to it. This is an isolated Nubian town to the East.

Of our 8 Lawyers, 6 are full health. We clear an Italian stack of Defenders and bombard other lone units. We get 2 Great Artists and one of the two that are not Elite* gives us a Leader to rush the Airport mentioned in previous posts. This is in Zepplin Zinger a new city near the Nubian Capital built this turn.

I want to take out an Lowlands Adventurer (on flat), but it kills off 3 Partisan to do so despite our higher attack.

Killing off another Italian stack gives us another Leader. Rush a Factory.

Start filling some map empty spots.

Rushed some buildings.

IBT: Lose one Infantry.

1465 AD:
Large Upgrade of Zeps in Zepplin Zinger. Next turn we will use the Handyman Bombers vs the Nubian capital. This turn we build cities to reach Zatju. Capture the city.

Continue clearing Italian defenders.

Lawyers fight bombed xbow. 5 Lawyers and 1 Priest don't get any artists this turn.

Get a leader for a Dockyard.

1470 AD: Even after bombardment the Capturing the capitol is tough. Two def 12 HMG units. Lose maybe 6 units.

All 8 Lawyer attacks on def 1 units give us 3 great artists.

Capture Ballana

Capture Axum. Another tough town with several losses and an HMG to take out.
Capture of Aniba goes well. We get retreats so no units lost despite it being size 20.

I had planted a Spy with Nubia so I can see they have a Settler. Steal plans and the Settler is on land. Build another town to reach it and kill Settler.
Capture Irtjet and:
LK161_AD1470.png

Also took Medja

1475 AD: Bombers redline all xbow units in our lands. We are able to get 2 more Artists this turn.

Notes:
We are now 9 Great Artists away from winning. That could be as few as 4-5 turns if there are enough units. I originally thought it would get harder to gain artists with time, but the bombers red-lining make it more likely the Lawyers will survive. We also have continued to gain Lawyers - 9 total now as we haven't lost one in a while.

We could trade with Arabia for Early Tanks if we wanted. I don't think it is needed though.

Healing units are in the Capitol including most of the Lawyers (one is nearby, one is near Desert Rim). Stack of 66 Armored Cars that haven't moved is near capitol. Most Lawyers will be healed next turn

Planes started moving North last turn but most are still in Zeplin Zinger

There is 17 red-line xbow type units in our lands. They are shown here:
LK161_AD1475a.png

Beyond that Italy is still sending units at us. Those are shown here:
LK161_AD1475b.png

Attachments

• LK161-1475AD.SAV
    1.5 MB · Views: 235
Hopefully I can wrap this one.

ROSTER:
LKendter (up)
Jersey Joe (on deck?)
Greebley
Elephantium
Don’t build an opera in 180K. We agree not to use the 2X to 4X exploit for monks / artist
Cultural win progress:

1475 AD: 162,916 / 180,000 90.50%

Wow! :clap:Nubia really paid the price for declaring war on us. :lol: :thumbsup: It does not look like we will need Tanks.

Top Bottom