1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LK161, Australia, CCM 2.5, 180K goal

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by LKendter, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Steadholder Supporter

Played more turns with building Slavers Hut (also had barbarians on by mistake) I have founded second city, Slavers Hut not yet built. For 2950BC I get MapStat results.

Tried new game no Barbarians. Built Workers House -> Warrior -> Slavers Hut (being built) and for 3600 BC I get MapStat results.

EDIT: I built Slavers Hut started on another warrior and have settler moving to new city site. 2750BC, I get MapStat results.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  2. LKendter

LKendter Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!! Supporter

MapStat worked right with a new test only game. Build Slavers hut, and no issues.

I may have corrupted the start with multiple load and restarts. I've seen that before with really large games like CCM.

3. LKendter

Game start on indefinitely delay. I tried another test, and MapStat dead after building Slavers Hut. :(

Made it up to 2850 BC when MapStat got toasted.

4. LKendter

Can other people try loading the below.
    I want to know if MapStat works for you. Mine simply stays 100% blank on this save.

Attached Files:

5. LKendter

I'll wait to see what can be determined, but I am wondering in CCM2.5 installed as main is incompatible with the MapStat utility.

6. LKendter

I tried CivAssist, but that spins its wheels.

7. Jersey Joe

I have CCM2.5 installed as main and get results in mapstat. I have attached a file that works in mapstat for me.
    I do not get any information from Mapstat when I try the test save. However, I can load the file in Civ3 and see that you are playing Persia.

Attached Files:

8. Jersey Joe

I play a few turns on the test file. And Saved I get the same results no Mapstat information.

I tried Mapstat on the file I uploaded got results and then when I tried TEST.sav mapstat does not even change the previous results to a blank page. It is like Mapstat rejects trying to read the file.

9. LKendter

Posted on the CCM2 Epic Mod page to find out if other people have been able to use Map Stat.

If we can't find a solution, or alternate help aid, then 2.50 is a dead release. No way I can manage 100 cities, and 20+ civs for trading without help.

10. Jersey Joe

I should have mentioned before, that I am using windows 7 (64bit) ultimate edition. I do not have civ3 or mapstat loaded in microsofts games prison folder, but on a separate drive.

11. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

I can load the test save with CivAssist. I haven't tried Mapstat.

12. LKendter

Hopefully Civinator can chime in with some knowledge about this.

I finally got CivAssist to load. I can't figure out how it helps.

13. LKendter

If we can't get 2.5 to work with MapStat, do we revert to 2.45?

14. LKendter

CivAssist II loads the game. However, it requires manually loading the game every turn. :(

15. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

I have been playing without any assist program. It just means you will sometimes get a city riot and won't check deals every turn.

I visually look for riots by scrolling down the city list. It helps me find taxmen that should be scientists; and entertainers as well. After a certain point it won't be a key city rioting so I don't check it every turn once the city count is high.

I would really prefer 2.5 if people are willing to live with a bit of imperfection.

16. LKendter

Really hopefully Civinator can offer some insight on MapStat.

I'm really wondering if he added more units then the utility can handle.
    I'm not sure if Slaver's Hut was the trip point. I'm leaning toward a unit built by another Civ.

Without MapStat, or similar utility I will have massive riots. I've become way to dependent on that tool to play these monster games without.

17. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Unfortunately I cannot offer more insight on MapStat as I never have used this program. With the C3C buttons at least you can circle through all rioting cities.

The next days I will have some time to work on the scenario version of CCM, that will also use the files of the expanded mainfolder and should correct the reported errors of the expanded main game The expanded maingame will follow later with some corrected files(pediaicons and civilopedia text file and biq).

18. LKendter

Any ETA on the scenario version of CCM? Will the scenario work with having the original game files? If that has a lot less stuff in the directories, then Map Stat may work. My understanding is a lot of was added for RAR, etc. I'm thinking to much stuff was added, and Map Stat can't handle it.

I'll delay the start to get Map Stat working again. The scenario version may solve that if I don't have to overwrite the main game directories.

19. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

I got CivAssist II working by:

1. Start CA
    2. Manually load TEST.SAV
    3. Start the game
    4. It automatically handled IBTs as normal.

I'm on Windows 7 (64-bit).

That being said, I think I'll need to upgrade Ye Olde Ancient Laptop for this game. I got it in January of 2010! :lol:

20. Jersey Joe

In all my test games I built Workers Housing before Slavers Hut and MapStat works on all of my test Games. The only file I have that Mapstat cannot read is TEST.SAV.
    Also, I notice that you did some exploring with the Settler and built the Slavers Hut very quickly. Maybe, the TEST.SAV file is corrupted.