Greebley
Elephantium (up)

Cultural win progress:

400 AD: 894 / 180,000

Attachments

• LK161-400AD.SAV
    944.9 KB · Views: 228
Very nice set :goodjob:.

There is Saltpeter 8 tiles NE of Darwin. We could road to it and build a Colony there.

:bump:

Waiting for Tusker got it.

Heading to skip

Bump #3 for Tusker. Next is a skip.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe (up)
Greebley (on deck)
Elephantium (skipped)
Hopefully everything all right with Tusker.

I got it. My turn set will be finished before the weekend.

Do we completely destroy S. Africa, or make peace and attack someone else?

Any plans for our next city? And what about a colony on the Saltpeter?

Unless SA can offer something of value, wipe them. Most of your turn will be healing the stack.

We can put a city by the deer near the capitol. We should start working on that, as it will be a low corruption city.

How close are other cities to the Saltpeter?

How close are other cities to the Saltpeter?
I do not see any borders close to it. However, there is a lot of fog in the area. Looking at the borders running into the fog, Greece might have the closest city. I would guess that Greece's "hidden city is about as close as we are to the Saltpeter.

Sorry, LK. Busy week last week. Looks like I missed the save; otherwise I might have been able to play a bit on Tuesday. Still, I should have posted a skip. Odd that I didn't get any email updates for the rest of the week.. last email I have from the forum is from the 29th :(

Again, sorry about the mixup.

Weird - the only thing I can think of is the notices got stuck in spam filter.

Spam folder is empty.

OH! I think I see the problem. The forum only emails me one update until I visit the forum again -- and it looks like I got logged out. So the visit never registered for the emailer thingie (that's the technical term for it :lol:)

Continuing 400 AD: Culture Win Progress in 180K: 894
Trade 396 gold to the British for Wine.

IBT: Israel declares war on Russia.
Wonsan deposes us and rejoins Korea. We lose the troops stationed in the city (0, 2). :(:mad:

410 AD:
War elephant kills S. African Pike who was accompanying a Settler (1, 2). We get a slave.
Catapult kills S Africa Crossbow (2, 2). eEnslaver kills Crossbow (3, 3).

IBT: Chariot killed by S African Crossbow (3, 4).

420 AD:
ePriest kills French Catapult (4, 4).

IBT: Russia and Nubia sign peace treaty.

430 AD:
Priest kills S Africa Crossbow (5, 4).

440 AD:
Medieval Infantry killed by S African Crossbow (5, 5). ePriest converts Crossbow to Monk. (6, 5). eWar Elephant kills Crossbow (7,5).

450 AD:
Taking of Kimberley: Siege-Bow kills Pikeman and a Siege-Bow is killed by a Pikeman (8, 6). eChariot kills Pikeman (9, 6). Kimberley is captured.
ePriest kills Greek Pikeman (10, 6).
Enslaver captures S African Longbow (11, 7).

IBT: One of our exploring ships meets the Poles. We trade them Elephant Training for Furs.
Pikeman in Bloemfontein fights off 2 invisible attackers.

460 AD:
At Bloemfontein, eWar Elephant kills invisible (12, 7); Enslaver enslaves Invisible (13, 7).
Enslaver killed by Korean Catapult (13, 8); ePriest converts Catapult (14, 7).

470 AD:
Annexing Zimbabwe: Trebuchet kills Pikeman (15, 7); eWar Elephant kills Pikeman (16, 7); 2 War Elephants killed by Pikemen (16, 9); Knight of the Realm kills Pikeman (17, 9); Knight killed by Pikeman (17, 10); Knight kills Pikeman (18, 10); Medieval Infantry killed by Pikeman (18, 11); eEslaver kills Pikeman (19, 11), and we get a Great Leader. eChariot kills Pikeman (20, 11). Zimbabwe is captured. Crossbow kills Pikeman (21, 11), and we capture a Settler. eChariot kills a Crossbow (22, 11). eWar Elephants kill 2 Crossbows (24, 11).

Enslaver kills Greek Hoplite (25, 11).

480 AD:
Trades:
  • Iron, 1366 gold, 246 gold per turn to USA for Humanism.
    • Humanism to Russia for Naval Guns and 24 gold.
    • Humanism to Nubia for 4373 gold.
    • Humanism to Lowlands for 2230 gold.
    • Humanism to Egypt for 4205 gold.
    • Humanism to Spain for 1132 gold and 63 gpt.
    • Humanism to Israel for 93 gold, 111 gpt and Tobacco.
    • Humanism to Britain for 206 gold and 51 gpt.
    • Humanism to France for 156 gold and 96 gpt.
  • 11864 gold and 220 gpt to Arabia for Jurisprudence.
    • Jurisprudence to Nubia for 10292 gold.
    • Jurisprudence to Lowlands for 5048 gold.
    • Jurisprudence to Egypt for 1773 gold and 176 gpt.
    • Jurisprudence to Spain for 6 gold and 202 gpt
    • Jurisprudence and 1565 gold to USA for Exploration.
  • Exploration to Nubia for 6502 gold.
  • Exploration to Lowlands for 5089 gold.
Knight of the Realm kills Numidan Mercenary (26, 11). Durban is added to our hegemony.

IBT: The Dutch establish an Embassy in our Capital.

490 AD:
We build a Saltpeter Colony.
Great Leader builds Supreme Court in Canberra.
Priest converts an Enslaver into a Monk (27, 12).
Chariot kills S African Crossbow (28, 12).

IBT: Trebuchet killed by S. African Trebuchet (28, 13).

500 AD:
Priest converts S. African Trebuchet (29, 13) into a Monk.
eChariot kills Crossbow (30, 13).

Culture Win Progress in 180K: 1079/180000

screenshots in next post

Notes:
A trade with the Maghreb to get Mercantilism is possible.
I did not trade for Medicine. It would obsolete Granaries.
If the gold I did not spend is not needed for trading, I would rush build in every city. Better that than having it extorted away.
The small SoD west of Bloemfontein just moved there this turn. Next turn they could attack Pretoria.
I am in the process of building a road to the Gold by Iron City.
I avoided trading with Korea. We need current Korean trades to end before we declare war on them.
Monks are fortified in 180K waiting for us to build either an Opera, or Playhouse there.

Attachments

• LK161-500 AD.SAV
    991.9 KB · Views: 225
Here is our Saltpeter colony:
Spoiler Here is our Saltpeter Colony :

Spoiler Here is the Front in 500AD :

Jersey Joe, thank you very much for your report. How many monks are now waiting in the city 180K ?

Jersey Joe, thank you very much for your report. How many monks are now waiting in the city 180K ?
Without checking, 3 are in 180K and one other Monk that was converted in 500AD by Zimbabwe is moving toward 180K. (Still need 1 more Monk to equal the culture given by an Entertainer).

Glad to see we finally have some monks in 180K. I was very frustrated with the bad luck during my turn.

We can trade jurisprudence and $71/T to Maghreb for mercantilism. This will open up coffee plantation for 180K. It nets 1 more culture, and 25% more shields.
After Canberra builds an Australian flag, it can build Sydney Cove. That will trip our golden age. Mercantilism is very much worth it for us.

That was unreal conquest from JJ. I thought we would need a lot more healing time. The troops were really beat at the end of my set.

I agree with JJ. Let us use up some of that cash rushing in our low shield cities. Courthouses and research buildings sound really good. We will need to be able to self-research soon.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe
Greebley (up)
Elephantium (on deck)

Cultural win progress:

500 AD: 1,079 / 180,000

Greebley overdue for got it.

This one was really bad, as I swapped with Tusker to work around my availability.

Top Bottom