LK161, Australia, CCM 2.5, 180K goal

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
600,000 IMO would be possible. However, it would need to be an effective conquest.
Raze everything after about 45% land. Make sure to capture every wonder giving free culture.
In the far reaches of the empire city spam a ton of 1 apart cities. The main goal is all the free culture.
We would need to reduce the world to a handful of cities.
IIRC we were +8 culture in every new city. That is 4,000 a turn with 500 cities. That is just 150 turns. That is just from the free culture.

The first thing we need to decide is if we try for the new single city culture, or civ wide cultural goals.

Please post when you have the new version installed.

I am in the process of reinstalling civ 3 so I have a "clean" starting point. Tommorrow is 9/11, I will be delayed a bit.

If we go for culture victory. I would favor a 1 city culture victory over culture wide. We could save all Monks and Entertainers until we get at least 1 building that doubles the culture they give a city. I will test to see if having 2 such buildings give 4000 culture and if 3 such building give 6000 culture.

At the end of LK160 we had 191791culture and adding 6778 per turn. That left us (600000 - 191791) 408209 short of a win. 408209/6778 = 60.2 more turns needed to reach 600000 culture. Given how long turns at that point in the game take, I would not even want to just have to hit "enter" 61 times to start a new turn. :nope:

Well my game runs fine. I am ok if we want to try out either of the culture victories.

Small test start had 2 plains squares surrounded by desert and coastal squares with one kelp and no rivers seen. A really dismal start that I am glad we are not actually playing. Was Japan so building a harbor was possible right away.

------
Comment on install:

Civinator, Installing again reminded me of something about the starting instructions given below:

If you use the Steam version of Civ III Complete, you must additionally delete the labels file in the text-folder and rename the file labels-Steam CivComplete Patch to labels, otherwise the Steam version will play havoc with your C3C text.

Clarify that you only do this if you run from steam. If you plan to use the antal exe you do not want to do this even if you started with the steam version. This confused me at one point in the past.

2.5 Installed and working
Greebley

Greebley
LKendter

Greebley
LKendter

One city culture on diety
JerseyJoe
LKendter

Waiting for Tusker to hit this thread.

In my little bit of test gaming last night, it most likely will take more then one roll for a start.
The only start with promise had 2 cattle, 1 peat on Grasslands (+2 shields), and some hills for city #2.
The capitol absolutely doesn't work as to many special buildings are tied to the capitol besides the standard issue of palace can't be used for a pre-build.

Civinator, Installing again reminded me of something about the starting instructions given below:

If you use the Steam version of Civ III Complete, you must additionally delete the labels file in the text-folder and rename the file labels-Steam CivComplete Patch to labels, otherwise the Steam version will play havoc with your C3C text.
Clarify that you only do this if you run from steam. If you plan to use the antal exe you do not want to do this even if you started with the steam version. This confused me at one point in the past.

Greebley, this is interesting. :) Please have a look into post 1 of the CCM2 thread in the part about the Steam version, if I have understood this clarification correctly.

Greebley
LKendter

One city culture on diety
JerseyJoe
LKendter
Greebley

Installed and from a quick 2 turns of game play it is working.

I did a clean install by uninstalling Civ3 and then reinstalling it. I had then had a problem with the installation of CCM2.50. I was missing several sound files (e.g. Button OK.wav). I solved this by loading the sound file I was using to play CCM2.45.

Also, Civinator has updated the PediaIcons file, Here is a link CCM2 Epic Modhttp://[URL="https://forums.civfana...12/page-21#post-15545491"]CCM2 Epic Mod[/URL]

Greebley
LKendter
JerseyJoe

One city culture on deity
JerseyJoe
LKendter
Greebley

Just waiting for Tusker to pop in and confirm.

Greebley
LKendter
JerseyJoe

One city culture on deity
JerseyJoe
LKendter
Greebley
Elephantium

I'll start trying to roll a decent start tomorrow night.
Artist will be a big chunk of the culture. However, we need lots of buildings. That means high growth and at least decent shields.

There are 3 buildings which I believe double the culture a Monk or Entertainer add to the city when sacrificed. They are Monastery, Opera, and Great Playhouse. I am going to test to see if having 2 or 3 of these buildings in the same city will increase culture by 4 times or more.

Also, I found out that my problem with the sound file was due to a faulty install of civ 3 and was not related to CCM2.50.

Does anyone know an alternative to MapStat?
For some reason it keeps crashing. Something with the new version of CCM must be interfering.
I can load the 4000 BC save, but not recent ones.
It looks like the start of Slaver's Hut threw it into crash mode.

I can't play the later parts of this game without that.

CRpMapStat 2.11.0 works for me. I just played a quick 10 turns (just hitting enter). I will try starting Slaver's Hut and see what happens.

Top Bottom