LK162, Japan, 500K culture

Continuing 725 AD: Fire 2 Clowns, hire 2 Scientists. Chivalry now due in 9 turns.

IBT:
Cataphract killed by Brazilian Elephant (0, 1).
Outside of Boston, Catapult killed by Priest (0, 2).

750 AD:
Yogi converts Priest to Monk (1, 2). :smug:

Great Leader rushes Academy in Washington.

Enslaver kills Brazilian Bowman (2, 2).

Battle for Curitiba: eCataphract kills Brazilian Spearman (3, 2); Enslaver kills Spearman (4, 2); Yogi kills Elephant (5, 2); The town is captured.
Enslaver kills Tamoio (6, 2); eSwordsman kills Elephant (7, 2).

IBT: eSwordsman killed by Brazilian Chariot (7, 3).

775 AD:
At Curitiba: eSwordsman kills Brazilian Spearman (8, 3); Enslaver captures Longbowman (9, 3); eCataphract kills Chariot (10, 3); eEnslaver kills Chariot (11, 3); Yogi kills Chariot (12, 3); Yogi kills Chariot (13, 3); eCataphract kills Chariot (14, 3).

IBT: Brazil wants to make peace with us. I respectfully reject their offer.

800 AD:
Trades:
Wine and 391 gold to Australia for Chivalry.
Chivalry to Nubia for Bodkin Arrows and 279 gold. Note, Nubia only has 4 cities (including capital).
Chivalry to Indo-China for 18 gold and 15 gpt.
Atlanta switches to Royal Tournament due in 11 turns.

Swordsman killed by Brazilian Tamoio (14, 4); eYogi kills Warrior (15, 4).

AD:
eYogi converts a Brazilian Spearman (16, 4) and gets a Great Leader.

Battle at Sao Paulo:
eCataphract killed by Brazilian Spearman (16, 5); Yogi 2 Spearman (18, 5); Yogi converts a Spearman (19, 5). The city is captured. Cataphract kills Elephant (20, 5);

IBT: Catapult destroyed by Brazilian Chariot (20, 6); Cataphract killed by Chariot (20, 7).

850 AD:
Great Leader rushes Academy in Chicago.

Mounted Samurai kills Brazilian Longbow (21, 7); Yogi kills Priest (22, 7); Yogi converts Chariot (23, 7)

875 AD:
Near Philadelphia; Mounted Samurai kills Brazilian Spear (24, 7).

900 AD:
Move troops toward Braslia.

925 AD:
Trade: Chivalry to Israel for 32 gpt.

Battle for Brasilia:
We lose 2 Cataphtact and an Enslaver killing 4 Brazilian Spearmen and a Medieval Infantry (29, 10).
The battle rages on.

IBT: The populace of Sao Paulo rise up and dispose us in favor of the Brazilians. We lose a Speaman (30,11).

950 AD:
Battle for Brasilia:
Medieval Catapult kills Brazilian Spearman (31, 11); Medieval Catapult killed by Spearman (31, 12); eSwordsman kills Spearman (32, 12); Yogi kills Spearman (33, 12); Cataphtact kills Spearman (34, 12). Brasilia is captured. :D

Repatriation of Sao Paulo:
Mounted Samurai kills Brazilian Spearman (35, 12); Mounted Samurai kills Spearman (35, 12). Sao Paulo is once again ours. We rename it Sh-Boom.
eYogi kills Elephant (36, 12) and we get a Great Leader.

Yogi kills a Brazilian Spearman/Settler combination and we get a worker (37, 12).

IBT: Mounted Samurai killed by Brazilian Chariot (37, 13).

975 AD:
Great Leader rushes a Colosseum in Washington.

Near Sh-Boom: Mounted Samurai kills Brazilian Chariot (38, 13); Medieval Catapult kills Spearman (39, 13); Swordsman kills Longbowman (40, 13); eEnslaver kills Spearman (41, 13).

Notes:
Kyoto, future site of Himeji Castle? After mine is finished needs at least roads on 2 titles in fat cross to get full benefit of Himeji Castle.

Osaka has enough food to work entire fat cross. Needs forests roaded and mined. Crew working there right now. Suggest they finish rest of fat cross.

Atlanta needs more food to be able to work all its hills and mountains. Suggest crop unmined forests after Royal Tournament is built. Keep crew working there until it is fully developed.

If I had played on, I would have rushed a Pikeman in Curitba this turn.

Spoiler Japan 975 AD :

Attachments

• LK162-975 AD.SAV
    886.4 KB · Views: 110
Hopefully Brazil loosing there capitol breaks there back. Plenty of fighting left for Greebley. It looks like we need to wait for some troops to heal to keep moving forward.

Don't forget we have engineers. The temple in New York drops from 7 to 3 turns hiring 3 of them.

After Royal Tournament completes in Atlanta, let us start another prebuild. We want that for our UW, and our GA. Someday I want gold mine built. However, Atlanta is a guild shield location for that wonder.

I caught that The Pyramids also generates lots of tourist attraction money. ;)

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe
Greebley (up)
Elephantium (on deck)

Cultural win progress:

975 AD: 3,666 / 500,000

Kyoto seems like a better place for our UW. Himeji Castle, our UW, is 100 shields to build. Kyoto, produces 35 shields per turn and could finish Himeji in 3 turns. Also, Kyoto has no corruption, the extra commence (1 gold per tile worked) is worth a little more and, Kyoto will grow to size 20 quicker than Atlanta.
Right now Atlanta can produce 25 shields per turn (after corruption, those extra 3 shields per turn would not have been enough to to have finished Royal Tournament this turn so I opted for food to grow Atlanta). For Atlanta to reach size 20 it need to have 3 forests chopped ideally we should use these chops to finish builds quicker.

I wonder why none of the Civs that learned Chivalry before I bought it have not yet learned another tech (it has been 8 turns). Navigation was the "bonus" tech for Scientific civs.

Kyoto seems like a better place for our UW. Himeji Castle, our UW, is 100 shields to build. Kyoto, produces 35 shields per turn and could finish Himeji in 3 turns. Also, Kyoto has no corruption, the extra commence (1 gold per tile worked) is worth a little more and, Kyoto will grow to size 20 quicker than Atlanta.
I'll go with that.
Let Atlanta build gold mine next. You can't have enough tax revenue boosts.

Preturn: Recent captures still on entertainers, so I move to Scientists.
Agree for need of Pike near the front so rush in Curbita.
Seems there is no way to protect the Elite Sword,but I move our Pike to cover the mounted Samuri that would be attacked next.
Would like to get Navigation which is known at some point. We want to meet the other continent.

IBT: We lose Expected Elite Sword, but Brasil shows up with enough Catapults to kill both the Pike and Mounted Samuri. We get lucky and don't lose the Enslaver to an Archer (Yogi wasn't attacked).

1000 AD: To keep the city we kill units next to the city and retreat back into the city with the rest. Move up units for next turn that have healed.
GA starts.

1025 AD: Engineering and Navigation are both known so I go for the 2-fer
Gain a Monk killing Brazillian units. This is very useful for an expansion of Brasila which means we can now keep outside the city without them being vulnerable to move 1 unit attack.

Trade Extra Iron, Only Elephant, 475 gold and 42 gpt for Engineering with Nubia.
We have to throw in 10 gpt to get Navigation from Persia.
I realize we shouldn't have sent our Ancient Naval Explorer out. It is better to send it back so it can safely traverse Ocean now we have Navigation. So 7 turns back to upgrade.
Almost every city switched to Windmill for more shields.

1050 AD: Killed the Spear in Rio de Janeiro but Catapults remain. Lost a Yogi; when it got a Cat to fight instead of a Def 1 unit. Gained 2 Monks. Gained 2 Workers.

1075 AD: Lose a Catapult and Cataphract to defending Catapults in Rio de Janeiro.
Gain 2 Monks and use one on Rio. We have Monks left for the next 3 cities.

1100 AD: Decided to try for Hanseatic league in Kyoto and Phil Stone in Osaka. So Himeji is Atlanta. Healing units.

1125 AD: Healing units but have some to move on Belo Horizonte.

1150 AD: Phil Stone was completed so Osaka switches to Himeji next turn. Atlanta is gold mine now. Capture Belo Horizonte without loss.
Got a leader and rushed a colosseum.

1175 AD: Built Himeji in Osaka. Built Gold Mine. Found Forteleza. Not sure if I have enough to take it yet.

1200 AD: Forteleza has only 2 Spear so we can take it this turn.

Spot French Chariot above Belo Horizonte. Don't think we have met them before. They are down Religion and Republic with nothing to trade. Curious where they are so establish an Embassy. They are land locked above Brazil.

1225 AD (Turn 150 - Culture 5020): Moved units to attack Salvador next turn.

Notes:
Working on Cultural buildings. We can go back to units when we have them all.

Hansaetic League in two so it is ours if noone builds it in the IBT.

I started building Northward with our new Settler. I was thinking of another town near the
Camel to get Desert Fort as the extra barracks is nice if when we lose Castles. [Side note: just realized I built our latest city in the wrong place for that. Apologies].

Making a road toward Campinas through our mountains.

France north of Brazil may mean we can get barracks from them again if we want to go around them for now.

Theology is known. Gunpowder in 2 if we can get there first without all the AI getting it as well (what happened with Alchemy).

Make sure you update the Ancient Naval Explorer before sending it out. It finally arrived back home to a town with a Harbor and can be upgraded next turn. Another one got built in the meanwhile.

Brazil has 3 towns left. One is in the dark but we can see its approximate location.
LK162_AD1225.png

Attachments

• LK162-1225AD.SAV
    980.6 KB · Views: 103
Once Osaka is done with the theater, can it get back to Pikes? We still need to do a lot of troop shuffles. There are still too many spears in cities.

The next good wonder is with renaissance. Holy city gives 6 CPT, plus a happy face in every city. Incense is needed in city, to Kyoto needs to build it.

Brazil has turned out to be a long one to claim. I wonder if part of it is extra cities via Pyramids.

We finally hit 1% of total culture needed to win. It looks like lawyers and those big culture bombs will stay play a major part. The difference is we need to scatter the artist targets all over the place.

ROSTER:
LKendter (on deck)
Jersey Joe
Greebley
Elephantium (up)

Cultural win progress:

1225 AD: 5,020 / 500,000

When we get the Great Theater it will provide a Theater to all our cities that do not have one. We should only be building a Theater if the city really is in need of happiness and there are no other buildings which provide happiness. If a Theater is being built for culture, Castles and Temples cost the same and provide culture. Administrative Centers provide happiness but, no culture.

We should study Theology next for Great Religious Centers and then Sacred Art for the Buddhist Art Great Wonder.

We should study Theology next for Great Religious Centers and then Sacred Art for the Buddhist Art Great Wonder.
I'd be happy with that. Great sync up with world religion Buddhism.

ROSTER:
LKendter (on deck)
Jersey Joe
Greebley
Elephantium (up)

Pre-turn: Things look good.
Sh-Boom riots as ... the resistance ends?
T1: Salvador falls with no losses.
T2: Brasilia produced a Settler! I'll send him ... somewhere...
MS smacks down a spear in Campinas.
Rio de Janeiro deposes us.

T3: Campinas:
Xbow dies
Siege Xbow kills a pesky spear
MS wipes out the last Spear. Campinas is ours.
Trade Gunpowder to India for Theology and 10 gpt.

T4: eSamurai recaptures Rio.
Yogi kills French Chariot.
Slaver accidentally enslaves an Enslaver :)

T5: We meet Rome. They're down Navigation and Elephant Training. We sell them Elephant Training for 2gpt, 27 gold, and Furs (all they have).

We have enough troops to attack Porto Alegre in ~2 turns.

Sacred Art is due in 5; Kyoto can build MS this turn, then a Colosseum for 2, then Great Religious Center as a prebuild for Buddhistic Art.

Attachments

• LK162-1320AD.SAV
    976.6 KB · Views: 106
ROSTER:
LKendter (up)
Jersey Joe (on deck)
Greebley
Elephantium

Cultural win progress:

1320 AD (0)
It is only one city, but I am still surprised to be working on killing Brazil. I figured they would be dead before it came back to me.

We never finished the upgrade to pikes. We now have fire lancers. I upgrade as many as possible in our cities with barracks.

I wake up some spears where we have 2 units in a city to start them heading toward a barracks for upgrade.

I look for possible trades, but nobody needing our tech has enough cash to bother with.
(IT) Brazil killed a mounted Samurai. (0-1)

1330 AD (1)
I continue to shuffle troops to upgrade spears / pikes to fire lancers.

We kill Brazil: 1 crossbow. (1-1)

1340 AD (2)
We continue shuffle obsolete defenders.

We capture Porto Alegre.
Brazil has left the game. :dance:

We kill Brazil: 2 spears and 1 crossbow. (4-1)
We lost: 1 mounted Samurai. (4-2)
(IT) Now Austria gets horses for $6/T and $161.

1350 AD (3)
We have more troops moving around for upgrades.
(IT) The Inca declare war on Persia.

1360 AD (4)
3 civs have sacred art. I was hoping to get the cash from the big guys.

The troop shuffle continues to upgrade defenders.

We meet Greece. They are up by 2 techs.

Brasilia gives us another settler. :)

I sell India sacred art for $150 and $50/T.

1370 AD (5)
Izumo is founded.

The troop shuffle continues. Our west coast cities are close to having two fire lancers.
(IT) Germany completes Sacred Music. We have another civ out there in a good tech position.

1380 AD (6)
I am still shuffling troops around.
Our Yogi kills a French spear, but no monk. (2-1)

1390 AD (7)
I am still shuffling troops around.

1400 AD (8)
Our exploring ship confirms Rome is on its own land mass. They were lucky the Greece was so close.

We lost a Yogi to a crossbow. (2-2)
(IT) We lost a worker to an enslaver.

1410 AD (9)
Our cataphract kills that annoying enslaver. (3-2)

1420 AD (10)
Nagasaki is founded.

Australia has money, so I ship them sacred art for $80 and $71/T.

Top Bottom