LK162, Japan, 500K culture

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
4000 BC (0)
We are Japan. I move the settler to avoid wasting a bonus grassland tile.

3150 BC (17)
A Nubian scout arrives from the north. Warrior code was insulted by, so they must be researching it. I give them sail and warrior code for pottery and $29.

3100 BC (18)
Our scout finds a USA troop. We give them warrior code, pottery, sail for masonry, bronze working and $28.

3000 BC (20)
We find another USA troop way south of us. Last find was to the east. Despite being near the map bottom I suspect USA may be below us.

2850 BC (23)
Maghreb completes Harbor of Carthage. Arabia completes Ishtar Gate.

2750 BC (25)
Osaka is formed.

2500 BC (31)
I’ve found Nubia’s second city.

2460 BC (32)
I found New York. USA is to our southeast.

2380 BC (34)
We contact Brazil. They are ahead of us by the Wheel.

2260 BC (37)
We no longer have a northern scout. :(

2180 BC (37)
Arabia completes Stonehenge. Egypt completes the Sphinx.

2100 BC (41)
Our enslaver kills a Nubian scout.

1980 BC (44)
We have no exploring scouts now. :(

1940 BC (45)
We capture a USA scout. :dance:

1850 BC (45)
Tokyo is founded.

1780 BC (45)
(IT) The special Brazil scout commits suicide on our enslaver in a forest.

1780 BC (51)
Our enslaver kills another Nubian scout.

I give Brazil mysticism and $91 for writing.
I give Inca writing for the wheel and $171.
I give Nubia mysticism for $115.
Three techs and $333 won’t get us city-state.
I set research to math for siege workshop.

We have horses by Kyoto. :dance:

The north with Nubia:

Last edited:
The south with USA:

Our starting lands.
Once we are in Monarchy, Kyoto gets a harbor and goes a bit food positive.
Osaka is awesome with 2 wheat.
Tokyo will be decent once the borders expand and we can work the deer.

Last edited:
Summary:

The Kyoto spear needs to cover our northern workers once built. Those workers want to connect and mine the horse next. That along with slavery will get us to 10 shields.

Osaka is the target for siege workshop. Slavery will be done by then.

I suspect our first target is USA for war.

We have two ships out exploring. I hope to find more civs.

Out next city site can claim the 2 pearls and 1 crab site. It won’t be great until monarchy and a harbor.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe (up)
Greebley (on deck)
Elephantium

Cultural win progress:

1700 BC: 184 / 500,000

Attachments

• LK162-1700BC.SAV
    590.5 KB · Views: 256
I got it.

After Math, are we going Mysticism -> Philosophy? To try and build World Religion Buddhism?

I would love that wonder. Anything giving free culture buildings is our ultimate target.

Continuing 1700 BC:
Nothing to do.
1660 BC: :sleep:

IBT:
London builds Colossus.

1620 BC:
Our ship exploring the north sights an Austrian Scout.
Trade: The Wheel to Austria for 55 gold and 3 gpt (not much but it gets us back to positive cash flow).

Enslaver kills Brazilian Spear (1, 0).

Osaka hires a scientist to keep from revolting.

1580 BC:
Enslaver enslaves a Brazilian Scout (2, 0).

1540 BC: :sleep:

IBT:
Brazilians are building the Oracle. Nubians are building the Pyramids. The Dutch complete The Mausoleum of Mausollos.

1500 BC &1460 BC: :sleep:

IBT: Incas are building the Oracle.

1420 BC: :sleep:

IBT: Brazil builds The Pyramids. Nubians are building the Oracle.

1380 BC: :sleep:

IBT:
Incas are building the Oracle. Greece builds The Statue of Zeus.

1340 BC 1300 BC: :sleep:

1260 BC:
Enslaver kills Austrian Scout (3, 0).

1220 BC:
I bring a shipment of goods into our Capital and get 25 gold.

Trade Mathematics and 270 Gold to Nubia for Iron Working.

We meet Korea.
Trade The Sail, Pottery, The Wheel, and Warrior Code to Korea for City-State, 2 Workers and 10 gold.

Spoiler [SIZE=5][B]Our Empire 1220 BC[/B][/SIZE] :

We have a source of Iron near-by and instead of settling at the spot marked as New City, I think we should settle to get the Iron. I marked a proposed spot on the map to get the Iron.

We might want to try for the Temple of Artemis, no other Civ is building it. It could also work as a pre-build for World Religion.

Attachments

• LK162-1220BC.SAV
    625.6 KB · Views: 269
It was crazy expensive, but glad to see we got city-state. The 2 workers was a nice bonus.

Let us sneak in supply center incense in the capitol. 50% tax output increase is always helpful.

I think the best way to secure iron is to expand Tokyo’s borders. We need culture anyhow. Let us start with an academy.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe
Greebley (up)
Elephantium (on deck)

Cultural win progress:

1220 BC: 277 / 500,000
1700 BC: 184 / 500,000

I just remembered that World Religion Buddhism requires 3 Buddhism Communities and to build a Community you need 3 temples. Maybe Tokyo and our other 2 cities (they all can use happiness) should build Temples sooner rather than later.

I did not make all the trades I could have. We can trade Iron Working and Mathematics to just about every civ we know. I was thinking that if we delay we might be able to trade for another tech they are researching.

After thinking about it, I think I will keep the settler going toward New City spot. I don't think I have to switch to go after Iron right away. Next settler and/or border expansion can handle it.

Normally I don't like the idea of putting the capitol at zero growth, but given we are going philosophy, I assume we are trying to get lucky and get the Free tech? Assuming so I will leave as is until we get philosophy or someone else does. At that point I will likely raise Lux.

I will likely go for the 3 temples we need.

What about city state? Workers aren't half speed. Should we switch after Philosophy is resolved?

Hope to play sometime today, will check for comments on these items if anyone has opinions.

City State still has the tile penalties. Which is basically the arguement against Theocracy.

Preturn: No changes

1140 BC: Lose Scout we sent out.
Picked up a Worker with our Enslaver (actually captured a Worker that is). It really is too far away. We should not use Enslavers to explore. We will just lose them like the scout was lost

1100 BC: Kani built to the South.
Decided to switch Tokyo to Temple first instead of Slavery so we don't drop to 0 culture when we want the Iron.

1060 BC: Top civs both have Trade now. Decide to trade Mysticism for Wine. The extra happy gives us a Temple a turn earlier.

940 BC: Don't think that was 10 turns, but it's turn 70 so I stop on the even number.

Notes: Philosophy is 4 turns away. If we can get it and be first, Religion is likely best choice for its trading value. Riding and Trade are known.

Connecting cotton (lux) though it is a bit early. I wanted to do so while the Workers were down by them.

Two Temples are nearly complete.

LK162_BC940.png

Attachments

• LK162-940BC.SAV
    664.2 KB · Views: 285
Top Bottom