LK162, Japan, 500K culture

In your situation every turn that you can capture a city, containing a GW that adds a cultural building to every city, is counting, as this would add hundreds of cultural points each turn to your cultural score (belonging to the number of your cities). If you still have such a big amount of money, what is about trying to bribe a city as an invading place on another continent ? Additionally you could give a civ on another continent a new government and when that civ falls into Anarchy, those bribes would become even much cheaper.

And there is another thought about bribing a city. If you conquer a city, every normal building providing culture is destroyed (and every SW, too). I´m not sure, if this also happens, when a city is gained by bribe.

lurker's comment:
Airlifting troops is not practical. Steamrollers and Tanks cannot be airlifted. Besides costing to much to build, each airport can only airlift 1 unit per turn.
Does CCM have airfields? I remember in a multiplayer game of mine long ago, instead of building expensive airports, I simply used two dozen leftover workers to create lots of airfields at home, and then I was instantly able to airlift like 20 units per turn into my beachhead on the other continent.

Does CCM have airfields? I remember in a multiplayer game of mine long ago, instead of building expensive airports, I simply used two dozen leftover workers to create lots of airfields at home, and then I was instantly able to airlift like 20 units per turn into my beachhead on the other continent.

It is possible to build airfields, but overall the number of workers is limited because of their being auto-produced. Also at this point in the game there are super-workers that are expensive and take 2 population and the older workers that are auto-prod or 'acquired' can also be upgraded to a partisan unit.

lurker's comment:

It is possible to build airfields, but overall the number of workers is limited because of their being auto-produced. Also at this point in the game there are super-workers that are expensive and take 2 population and the older workers that are auto-prod or 'acquired' can also be upgraded to a partisan unit.

Nevertheless, in my eyes this is an interesting idea by Lanzelot. To use some old enslaved workers for creating airfields could be much more useful than to upgrade them to partisans (not only for an invasion at another continent, but also to strengthen the current frontline at the same continent when there is no railroad available to the front). I remember the report by Anthony Boscia about an SOE game played as Russia, when he managed to bring his precious artillery in a very short time to the front using this methode.

Last edited:
I wish we were given the choice of a Worker or a Partisan. Personally I would choose to have Workers instead of Partisans. If I need Partisans I would rather covert 2 enslaved workers rather than 1 Worker. One Worker is equal to 2 enslaved workers. The only a Road requires an odd number of worker turns to build. All other builds are even numbers. Therefore, from an efficiency standpoint, I only need an enslaved worker if I am building a road.

Nevertheless, in my eyes this is an interesting idea by Lanzelot. To use some old enslaved workers for creating airfields could be much more useful than to upgrade them to partisans (not only for an invasion at another continent, but also to strengthen the current frontline at the same continent when there is no railroad available to the front). I remember the report by Anthony Boscia about an SOE game played as Russia, when he managed to bring his precious artillery in a very short time to the front using this methode.
Remember, Tanks and Steamrollers cannot be Airlifted.
If we are going to to this. I would raze a newly captured large city (all my existing workers are allocated to build railroads and terrain improvements in 1 turn) and using some of those newly acquired slaves to build Airfields. Of course, if you are on the same land mass the best way to get troops to the front is to build a railroad to where you want to fight, build a town (with rushed barracks) where you are going to fight, populate the town with troops, and kill the enemy. Next turn wounded troops do not have to move to heal.

I was assuming we will make a limited number of airports. Numbers like 10 sound right to me, but could be added to later. We need this for our Rome invasion which can land and build a city before declaring war. It will take more than 1 turn to send enough.

That is what makes Egypt a problem. We need sufficient units upon landing, which means 10+ turns shipping them, or 30 or so airfields as a minimum.

For the other continent, I sent enough troops to start a city but not a war. Again I plan to land somewhere we can simply build a city. without war (though it may be the next player landing).

Preturn:
Unmoved healthy Lawyers + xbow in easy reach means we gain another Great Artist. Also picked up 2 Partisan.
I think I will spend this turn picking up as much culture per turn as I can. As such I go through the cities; rush a few things and draft/disband where it makes the most sense to do so.

1897 AD: Capture Teotihuacan, use combat settler and capture Texcoco as well.
Road to Malinalco to capture that as well.
Lost a Partisan to Australian Treb.
Trade Dyes, Gems, Wine, and 349 gpt to Britain for Mass Prod.
Switch Atlanta from Battlefield Med to Ford in 4 - a great wonder devoid of culture but still useful.
We can get Flight down to 4 turns with some extra scientists.
Got an artist and Monk

1898 AD: Use settler to get near Capitol but it has 22 units in it at the moment including offensive units. I decide to hold off as they may be moving through.
Build a road and use a settler to get near Tula and Tzintzunzen. They both have 2 defenders and are captured with no losses.
With 5 Lawyer attacks got 2 Artist and a Leader - leader rushes University. Get a second leader for another university. Get a Monk
I considered getting rid of temporary towns, but as long as they are generating culture we should keep them. Just build Japanese flag and cheap culture. If we hit the city limit we can consider disbanding.

1899 AD: There are still Aztec Xbow so I am going to skip my attack on the Aztec Capital. I kill off the defenders over the Xbow and then get an Artist. Some Lawyers don't attack but are healing. Get another Monk.
Rushed some more culture. Opera houses and Japanese flag are likely the best culture/shield, but great Religious Center and great Synagogue are good at 160 shield for 3.

1900 AD:
Britain lands a bunch of troops next to our island city. They are actually somewhat significant. I tell them to leave or declare war so they declare. Kill off the defenders but cannot get to the 2 Heavy Artillery unfortunately. We are unlikely to lose the city but will lose more units.
Attack Dover, Britains city on our continent and Capture it. This puts us to war with the Dutch as well.
Gain one Great Artist killing Xbow (Aztec). Gain 2 Monks.
Attack Aztec Capitol and lose around 3 units, but finally capture it. It still had a lot of units.
The Aztec are Destroyed.

1901 AD: Get Flight. Get Ford's Factory. Build some Airports near the capital.
2 Great Artists

1902 AD:
An incredible 5 Great Artists, and 2 Monks this turn. We have the Partisans clear the defenders on the Australian units and then kill the Xbows.
Take out the Dutch town and end up at war with Italy.
I do not attack the Persians as there are enough Australian units to go after.
Since we are at war with Britain, I went ahead and stole their map. We see most the world now.

1903 AD: Killing more Australian Defenders with Partisans so I can use Lawyers on the Xbow.
Placed several towns with roads to them.
Italy has some stronger units coming toward us so up the number of Airports. Transport more units to the Italian continent.

Notes:
Stopped on turn 290/year 1903. We are still more than 50 turns short of our last domination game in terms of turn count, so I think the game will be of similar length to those.
I worked on culture per turn, but didn't place every settler - the Settlers city has 12 left. We are building some, but next player could build more.

I did not start a war with Persia since it was the last turn. There are unmoved units near the capital that could be used, but I think it better to wait until next turn when you have worker movement. This turn workers were laying down roads for more towns and so more culture.

A number of towns are building Infantry. We ran a bit low so are catching up again. They can be switched to Offensive units.

We should be able to land on the other continent next turn in clear space to build a town. However, we now have several wars with Civs on that continent so not sure if we should wait to make peace first. Britain declared war on us and Holland got drawn in. I also didn't yet make peace with China. We took both a Holland and Britain city so peace shouldn't cost us.

Italy has units coming at us. I think our forces will hold especially with 15 more units each turn. Next turn, for healing we could build a forest to build a city where our Airport is. Then rush a barracks and injured units on the airfield will heal to full if they don't move. I didn't think of doing this until after the steam roller had moved so I couldn't build the forest. After the rush we can go on the offensive and get the wonder we wanted. Italy has 1 Zeppelin to show us what is coming.

There was a mis-click causing a Zeppelin to bombard some random square. I think I stopped it? If not it an error and we need to find the right Zeppelin.

Italy:
LK162_AD1903_Italy.png

Persia:
LK162_AD1903_Persia.png

Attachments

• LK162-1903 AD.SAV
    1.4 MB · Views: 212
At this point I don’t think hitting the other big land mass is worth it. We still have civs on our land mass to take out. Australia and Persia alone will add a lot of towns that instantly get the wonderful base culture.
Plus the Italian continent will take a bit to clear out all the junk units. I am sure they’ve not lost much of their junk units.
We don’t need to hit a percent of territory goal, and that is the typical justification for the overseas invasion.

ROSTER:
LKendter (on deck)
Jersey Joe
Greebley
Elephantium (up)

Cultural win progress:

1903 AD: 234,970 / 500,000 46.99%

I was thinking along the lines of an ROP and picking off units with lawyers and partisans rather than fighting (we of course cover them with normal units so we don't lose them). This would occur once there are no good targets on our own continent.

We do need to be at peace with everyone first for that.

This would also allow us to disband units for cultural buildings. Towns with all culture can use units to help those with less shields. I think that is more efficient than wealth.

Last edited:
Any updates? I know these are brutal turns.

Brutal is right!

----------

Pre-turn: Look around. I don't make many changes. We have a ton of cities -- beyond my level of patience for MMing every last one.

IBT:
Several Italian units suicide in a charge against our Infantry units.
A ship (Probably also Italy, but I wasn't 100% sure) gets sunk in an attack run against our submarine near the northern end of the Italian island.

Mongolia wants us to pay handsomely for MPP+ROP. Yeah, right.
Greece declares war on the Arabs!

T1:

Italian Roast:
First Inf dies on a Musketeer.
Two Hvy Arties kill Musketeers.
9 Early Armored Cars kill Musketeers, one of which creates a Leader!
5 Infs kill Musketeers, but 2 die in the attack.
Cav kills Hussar
AC kills Hussar, promotes
Another AC kills Hussar...barely.
AC dies ... on ARTY. WTF?
ACs kill Lawyer and Arty
Cav kills Horse arty
Cav dies to Horse Arty :wallbash:
Inf wipes out the arty. Now all that remains is a stack of Missionaries!
Lawyer converts a redlined Aus Cuirassier. A second Lawyer kills one but doesn't convert it.
Partisans kill two Aus Pikes
Lawyer converts Xbow.
Lawyer retreats!

IBT:

I misclicked and ended the turn early. RIP worker moves :(

Italy kills one of our subs with a Commerce Raider.
They bombard the shore like mosquitos.
They lose several Holy Men attacking our Infantry stack...maybe 3 retreat instead.
A Horse unit retreats from one of our machine gunners.

British burn Suo! I didn't expect a Marine landing :(
Australians burn Satsuma to the ground! WTF? We weren't even at war with them.

Ugh, I really hate the bug that lets HN units steal cities.

Early Tanks > Dreadnoughts
Britain and Italy/Rome declare on Canada.
Lahore gets targeted by propaganda

T2:

Lawyers kill an XBow and a Treb. A third Lawyer dies :wallbash:

Italian Roast:
We lose about half a dozen Infs killing ~8 Musketeers
Asian Cav and 2 ACs knock down the last 3 Musketeers.

IBT:

Lots of activity with Italy, but I didn't catch the details. Most of our Infantry are injured, and we definitely lost our two Machine Guns.
Germany declares on us due to Italy MPP

T3:

Italian Roast:
Asian Cav and ACs kill 4 Musketeers and 2 Horse Arty. We lose 1 AC.
3 Heavy Arty kill Line Infantry and 2 Musketeers. One retreats :\
Inf dies to Musketeer
ACs kill 9 Musketeers
Camel Corps (CC) kill 3 Italian Grenadiers and net 1 Leader (who rushes Opera in Italian Roast)
Partisan captures Grenadier and promotes
We're pretty much out of healthy attackers, so I resort to 4/5 units...
Arty and 3 Infs kill Grenadiers
AC and Asian Cav kill 2 more
The new Partisan dies in the assault...ugh, I had a feeling that would happen :( Bad luck.
3/4 Inf kills the wounded Grenadier
3/4 Inf forces a Horse Arty to retreat...and is left exposed. No way around it :(

Back home...
2 Laywers kill Aus Trebs, one converts.

IBT:

The one Inf left in the open falls instantly. :salute:
No other action.

T4:

A lot of our army is actually in Italy now, so I'm going to hold off on attacking Persia.

We do hit some Australian troops with HN units...
Partisan dies to a redlined cav
Partisan forces a cav to retreat
Lawyer kills redlined Cav
Lawyer contracts with the retreated cav in Osaka.

Italian Roast/Spumoni:
eInfs kill 4 Musketeers.
Asian Cavs kill 3 more, a Line Inf, 2 Grenadiers, 2 Riflemen, and a Horse Arty.
I build a Fortress N of Spumoni...
AC kills Rifleman and an Arty
CCs kill 2 Muskteers and a Horse Arty
ACs kill 2 Horse Arty and 3 Hospitaller Knights

IBT:

Britain lands the most dangerous landing party I've ever seen near Calcutta! (one Adventurer)

T5:

WE LOSE A FLAMETHROWER TO THE ADVENTURER :mad: :eek: :wallbash: :hammer2:
A Lawyer signs on the wounded adventurer.

Partisan dies on a stray Aus Arty :wallbash:
Partisan kills it.
Partisan forces a Treb to retreat...
Lawyer signs it on.
Partisan kills a Pike
Lawyer kills an XBow

Partisans attack a stack of Camel Musketeers.
5 retreats
7 kills
1 new Partisan
1 loss
Lawyers kill off 2 of the retreated CMs.

Italian Roast:
CC kills Hussar
AC dies
2 ACs kill 2 Hussars
Cav kills Hospitaller Knight
Cav retreats...
AC kills Musketeer and destroys Italy/Rome's Furs colony.
Cav retreats...
Arty kills Musketeer guarding a second colony.

IBT:

Italy moves some troops, and one Horse Arty retreats from our Infantry, but it's a quiet turn.
Germany declares on the Greeks!
Turkey declares on Germany
Scandinavia and Greece sign MPP
Greece DEMANDS Incense. I don't think they're a threat, but I don't want to deal with them harassing our forces in Italy, so I cave.
Australia wants us to pay for MPP :lol:
Spain loses a Partisan at Haarlem.

Dreadnoughts > GWE

Scandinavia declares on Germany
Paris suffers propaganda

T6:

Italian Roast:
AC dies
Cav kills enemy Cav
Yogi converts Enslaver
Yogi kills Missionary
Yogi kills Missionary
Yogi converts Missionary

Lugdunum:
AC kills Musket Infantry, Musketeer, and what sounds like 4 Enslavers
I'm going to hold off until next turn in hopes of exposing some Enslavers to Yogi attack.

Near Tula, 3 Lawyers strike, 3 Camels fall, one signing on with us.

I also land a few guys near Lutetia, hoping to give a faster route to Veii

IBT:

In Italy:
Two ships suicide on one of our Transports.
Two Horse Arty suicide on Infantry.
Two Enslaver-sounding units suicide on Infantry.

China lands a big stack on the tiny island.
Propaganda in Rheims

T7:

Defense of Hebron:
5 ACs kill 5 Asiatic Siege XBows (slow death animations!)
AC kills Chinese Xbow
Inf kills Chariot
Inf kills Hvy Arty

Lutetia:
2 Hvy Arty kill 2 Italian Musket Infantry; city is ours.
Unfortunately, it doesn't get us any closer to Veii :(

Lugdunum revisited:
We lose 2 ACs killing 6 Horse Arties
Cav kills Missionary and takes the city.

Lawyer kills redlined Horse Arty
2 Lawyers kill 2 Enslavers
2 Yogis kill 2 more Enslavers

No artists :(

Partisan kills Rifleman.

IBT:

No action in Italy.
Turkey declares war on Arabia!

Invisible unit suicides on our Inf at Tzin.

T8:

Neapolis - We lose 1 AC while storming the city.
Veii - Cavs ride down the defenders with 1 loss.
Heavy Arty kills stray Rifleman

I dial up Persia and give them the 'remove or declare' ultimatum. They choose destruction.

Borazjan: Early Tank (ET) runs over two defenders (one is a Pike! :lol:)
Tyre: Lawyers kill two Immortals (!) and take the city.
Partisan kills stray MDI

I was going to push hard to take half of Persia's cities off the bat, but they actually have a LOT of Lawyer-fodder by the looks of it...

IBT:

Borazjan: Two Horse Arty kill Inf, one suicides.
Italy wants a peace treaty. Not an option.
China also wants peace. They'll pay 27 gold for it, so I sign the treaty.

T9:

Battle of Rome:
Zeppelin bombardment does a grand total of 2hp of damage to the defenders!
ACs go 7/5 against Riflemen, gaining a Leader in the process.
Then our Cavs kill the last Rifle but die against the first Hospitaller Knight :cry:
A second wave of Cavs wipe out the 3 HKs and take the city :dance:

Another Cav dies on a stray Rifle; a second one rides him down.

I noticed that Asian HMG has a very slow Fortify animation...

Back home...
Borazjan: ET smashes two Horse Arty
Bactra: ACs run over two Rifles and a Pike; a Partisan takes the city.

Lawyer captures a stray Xbow
Hamadan: AC runs over a Rifle; Partisans kill two Pikes (one dies, one new Partisan is recruited)

The new Partisan dies to Horse Arty :(
ETs kill 3 Horse Arty

A misclick sends ALL the ACs off-road :mad:

Utica: Horse Arty kills Rifleman and creates Tojo! A second HA kills the second Rifleman; Partisans gut two Pikes to take the city.
Partisans kill two stray MDIs near Utica, reruiting one new guy.
...who dies against a stray HA :wallbash:

Pasargadae: ET kills Worker and a Rifleman. HAs kill 2 Pikes and take the city.

IBT:

Great War Experience > Interwar period
We start building Ha-Go tanks (3 move)! :D

T10:

Cumae: We lose 1 AC killing 3 Musketmen; Cav kills Dragoon.

Lawyers kill an Xbow and two redlined Camel Corps; we get 1 Artist.
Ha-Go kills a redlined Camel, Arty, and a normal Camel. It promotes to elite but doesn't net a Leader.

Sidon: Lose 1 ACs killing 2 Riflemen. We capture a Steamroller!

I misclick and end the turn :eek:
Lots of missed Worker moves :mad:

T11:

Ravenna: ACs run over 3 Musket Infantry. City is ours.
Pompeii - same
Antium: Zeppelins plink the top defender. ACs run over 3 Riflemen with 1 loss.

We lose an ET attacking stray units near Sidon.

Algiers: ACs run over a Rifle and 2 Pikes
Jinjan: AC runs over Line Infantry and Rifleman
Carthage: ACs run over Rifle and two Pikes.
Dariush Kabir: ACs run over two Eastern Riflemen and 2 Camel Corps with 3 lost.

Lawyer kills Pike.
Lawyer converts XBow
Lawyer converts Treb
Lawyer kills Treb

Herat: Ha-Go dies to Rifle. Two more seize the city.

I move a few more troops and improve 1 tile of most of our smallest cities in hopes of getting a few more citizens to act as engineers in a few turns.

There are troops in place to attack the last two Roman cities next turn. The air force is mostly in Sidon to help the next push in Persia.

Lots of troops will need upgrades.

I've been trying to keep the treasury around 10k as a cushion, rushing a couple of Japanese Flags and Universities each turn.

Attachments

• LK162-1914 AD.SAV
    1.5 MB · Views: 189
ROSTER:
LKendter (up)
Jersey Joe (on deck)
Greebley
Elephantium

Nice work on Italy. Our default culture per city is 8 now. We are on target to winning before 340 total turns (need to average 5k/turn culture) which makes it a few turns faster than our last deity domination game.

I was thinking we could prebuild Hoover. Power plant in every city seems nice.

I was thinking we may want to turn off science after the next tech and Hoover, but forgot to check if there were wonders that make research worthwhile. The cash can rush more culture buildings.

I don't know if it due to how late it is in the game.
I've been getting a first with problems showing animations. I'm not seeing any animations doing the AI movements. I've getting incomplete battle animations on offense at times.
This is a first for me in the the CCM games I have played.

I don't know if it due to how late it is in the game. I've been getting a first with problems showing animations. I'm not seeing any animations doing the AI movements. I've getting incomplete battle animations on offense at times.
This is a first for me in the the CCM games I have played.

May be you have disabled some settings in the game preferences? At least on my pc I can see all animations in normal speed even when having researched the techtree of era 4.

Attachments

• Preferences.jpg
    Preferences.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 295
May be you have disabled some settings in the game preferences? At least on my pc I can see all animations in normal speed even when having researched the techtree of era 4.
All those setting are on. I had no issues last round.

I've had battle animations stop in the middle of a fight.

I've had that happen before. I feel like it helped to open just Civ, CivAssist, and Notepad++ and then click around the map for a few minutes before hitting 'end turn'.

I've also noticed different behavior from Civ based on whether I opened Firefox or Civ first...and sometimes I get that darn white screen where the game just stops updating the display on the IBT. It's really hit or miss.

More common for me is seeing 80% of the battle, then the entire screen flashes white for a second instead of playing the death animation for the unit. That's also sporadic.

Ye Olde Dino-Comp laptop isn't the greatest at handling the gobs of animations in CCM. I love the variety of units, though.

1914 AD (0)
I upgrade 120 infantry to Japanese infantry.

This is going to be a pain with Italy’s last city on the other continent. I wish our ships had already sailed to the other side of Italy. I will begin that process next turn.

I rush some steamrollers in captured Italian cities. We need to get rails linking those cities. It will make like a lot easier to defend this land.

We end the useless war with Britain and get $100 from them.
We sign a straight peace treaty with Lowlands.
I give Greece early tanks for $20,200. The price quickly drops, but I still get $9,700 from Britain. I want more spending cash. I used up almost $7,000 of what I got at the turn start.

I find it hard to believe I finished my last turn with an overload of infantry. We have none to spare.
(IT) Greece offers us $113/T for iron. I accept the deal.
Heavy Tank Plant is completed. I’m not sure if we ever completed that wonder before. This game is the deepest we’ve gone into the tech tree.

Top Bottom