LK162, Japan, 500K culture

1915 AD (1)
We are up to 4,323 CPT. There is a maximum of 46 turns left. That number will drop some more as we get more cities, get lucky with artists, and complete more culture buildings.

Pisae is captured.
Viroconium is captured.
Istakhr is captured.
Teheran is captured.

Persia has one city on the other continent. I sign a MPP with Britain. I do the same with Turkey.
I put some weak units next to the Persian artillery piece. I hope to get them to trip the MPP. Zohak is sandwiched between those two civs.

I kill Italy: 2 musketeer, 1 rifle and 2 muskets. (4-0)
I kill hidden: 1 pirate and 1 partisan. (6-0)
I kill Persia: 1 horse artillery, 2 pikes, 1 crossbow, and 5 rifles. (17-0)
I lost: 2 Ha-Go. (17-2)
(IT) Britain declares war on Germany. That was an unexpected effect of the MPP.
We get dragged into a war vs Arabia due to Turkey MPP. I expect it to be a phony one.
Turkey and Britain declare war on Persia. This was the war I wanted to happen.

1916 AD (2)
[End of session 1]
I gain 1 artist. Stranded in the Jungle gets a culture bomb.

Sardis is captured.

Persia is a joke at this point. However, I want Zohak to fall before I finish them. Italy is a phony war at this point until I land and get there last city. I declare war on Spain to increase our changes to leader fish / get artists.

I steal a fresh map from Spain.

I kill hidden: 1 pirate. (18-2)
I kill Persia: 1 adventurer, 2 pikes, and 2 rifles. (23-2)
I lost: 1 ship. (23-3)
(IT) This just got weird. Turkey declares war on Britain. Our 2 MPP partners are now fighting each other. I hope that doesn’t stop that Persian city from being captured. We are at war with Turkey now. :crazyeye:
Turkey also declares war on Greece. Scandinavia declares war on Turkey.
Greece declares on us. I think they stumbled on to our subs near there waters.
Canada wipes Italy from the game. There goes our planned landing zone to the other continent.
We beat an invisible unit. (24-3)
Britain declares war on Spain.
I like Greebley’s idea, and reduce science to 30%.
We catch the Greek’s trying to plant a spy.

1917 AD (3)
The crazy war chain continues. I bombard the Greeks, and we are now at war with Scandinavia.

Gordium is captured. I contact Persia, and they still own Zohak. I’m in no rush for progress against Persia as long as they own that city.

I attempt to plant a spy in Greece, and fail.
I do manage to steal the German map. :)

I kill Persia: 1 pike, 2 rifles, 1 steamer and 1 frigate. (29-3)
I kill Greek: 1 sub. (30-3)
I lost: 1 ship. (31-4)
[End of session 2]
(IT) There must be Civs losing cities. The in-between turn took forever.

1918 AD (4)
Persepolis is captured. It comes with the obsolete Palace of Darius.
An artist arrives that whispers sweet nothings in Whisperer in the Darkness.

Tlaxcala is captured from Spain. We gain a worker and 2 zeppelins.
Ghulam is captured from Persia.

I kill Persia: 1 pike, 1 machine gun, 1 invisible, 2 rifles, 1 adventurer and 1 bucket. (38-4)
I kill Spain: 2 muskets, 5 heavy artillery, 1 knight, 3 buckets, 1 war elephant, 1 hussar, 2 dragoon, 4 horse artillery and 2 adventurers. (59-4)
I lost: 1 lawyer, and 1 Ha-Go. (59-6)
(IT) Hoover Dam is completed.
I lost 2 infantry, and killed 1 horse artillery.

1919 AD (5)
The incompetence of the AI continues to show. They still haven’t taken Zohak from Persia.
Antioch (Persia) is captured.
Conquistador Killer arrives. Punjab gets a rushed observatory.
Ha-Go the Artillery arrives. Herat gets a rushed observatory.
I thought a Ha-Go would have another movement point to leave the forest. There goes an elite Ha-Go next turn. :(
I start to optimize cities to have more produce Ha-Go in 1 turn. We have plenty of infantry again, but short on tanks.

I kill Germany: 1 paddle wheeler. (60-6)
I kill Persia: 2 pikes. (62-6)
I kill Spain: 1 infantry, 3 heavy artillery, 3 horse artillery and 3 conquistadors. (72-6)
I lost: 4 Ha-Go. (72-10)
(IT) The MPP backfires as we have to declare war on Canada.
I lost: 1 Ha-Go. (72-11)

1920 AD (6)
Augsburg (Germany) is captured. Sadly is comes with a resistor. I swore the landing stack had a settler, but I can’t find it. This will delay getting the badly needed airport.
[End of session 3]
Santiago is captured gaining $6.
Salamanca is captured with the obsolete Spanish Treasure Fleet.

I kill Persia: 1 torpedo boat. (73-11)
I kill Germany: 1 infantry and 1 B-97 class. (75-11)
I kill Spain: 1 rifle, 3 musket, 3 musketeer, 5 line infantry, 2 MDI, 3 grenadier, 11 infantry and 1 dragoon. (104-11)
I lost: 4 Ha-Go, 1 early armored car and 1 early sub. (104-17)
(IT) Germany wants to talk now that we landed. :lol:
Britain and Canada sign a peace treaty.

1921 AD (7)
Stuttgart is captured with $64 and 1 worker.

Early Armored Car of Doom arrives. The Cats of Ulthar get a rushed Observatory.

I gain an artist. The wonderful world of buckets is now playing at Cheju.

Jaen (Spain) is auto-razed.

I kill Australia: 1 bucket. (105-17)
I kill Spain: 1 musket, 1 musketeer and 1 infantry. (108-17)
I kill Scandinavia: 1 ship of the line and 1 galleass. (110-17)
I kill Germany: 2 rifles. (112-17)
I lost: 1 early armored car and 1 early sub. (112-19)
(IT) Poland wants us to pay $828/T for a MPP. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1922 AD (8)
[End of session 4]

Early armor cars have the advantage that they can be airlifted. I begin to fly them to the other continent.

Our allies are useless. Zohak is still Persian owned.
Arbela (Persia) is captured. We destroy some ships in port.
Seville (Spain) is captured.
Murcia (Spain) is captured.
Madrid (Spain) is captured.

I kill Spain: 3 artillery pieces, 1 invisible, 7 infantry and 1 musket. (124-19)
I kill Persia: 2 pike and 1 rifle. (127-19)
I kill Scandinavia: 2 frigates. (129-19)
I lost: 5 Ha-Go. (129-24)
(IT) Britain and Persia sign a peace treaty. Zohak may never fall. :(

1923 AD (9)
New Land Healing Spot is founded. A barracks is rushed by disbanding a conscript. An airstrip is created next to Stuttgart to give us a safe spot to fly to.

Shimonoseki, Satsuma, Kagoshima are founded on the new continent.

Operation air shuttle continues. More infantry and workers arrive. A few more air bases are created.

I kill Germany: 1 B97, 2 Deutschland class and 1 steamer. (133-24)
I lost: 1 early sub. (133-25)
(IT) I caught Arabia trying to plant a spy.

I will post the final turn later today. I just wanted to clear the logs out...

1924 AD (10)
[End of session 5]
Dresden (German) is captured with $77.
Barcelona (Spain) is captured. We gain 4 zeppelins.
Santander (Spain) is captured.
A steamroller is smacked giving 2 workers.
Toledo (Spain) is captured.
Vitoria (Spain) is captured.
Valencia (Spain) is captured.
Pamplona (Spain) is captured.
We gain 3 workers.

Zohak has been captured. :dance:
Ergili (Persia) is captured.
Persia has left the game.

Zaragoza (Spain) is captured.
Spain has left the game.

I continue to airlift has much as possible overseas.

Should Australia be nervous because I built a rail-net to their border? :devil: :devil:

I kill Persia: 2 pikes. (135-25)
I kill Spain: 1 bucket, 1 dragoon, 1 partisan, 1 musketeer, 6 generic HMC, and 14 infantry. (159-25)
I kill Germany: 2 infantry. (161-25)
I lost: 14 Ha-Go and 3 early armored cars. (161-42)

[End of session 6]

Summary:
I hope this is my last set. :)

JJ gets to wipe the last civ from out continent. There is no rush for Australia to go. We need all the spare settlers to the new continent. There is plenty of space to jam cities together over there. None of them will get beyond corrupt garbage.

Belo to Augsburg is the route to shuttle troops between continents.
All spare ships are slowly making their way to Belo.

There is one set of transports that needs to head to Italy. They are sitting by new healing spot. Please get all the steamrollers from Italy. The new continent is sorely lacking ability to lay rails. 3 units a turn can be send over by airports from Italy. That will let the strays slowly get to the new continent.
All of the spare settlers are on the new land mass.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe (up)
Greebley (on deck)
Elephantium

Attachments

• LK162-1924AD.SAV
    1.5 MB · Views: 179
By my count, we should be down to <34 turns to victory. What's our current CPT?

I'd strongly suggest spamming roads+rails into the jungle near Australia and ICS cities until we can't build any more. That seems faster than building out on the other continent.

I'd also completely stop any further productivity-boosters like Courthouse, Gas Holder, Factory, etc...not gonna be worth it. At this point, everything should be building:
1. Culture boosters: Japanese Flag, Opera, Academy, University, Synagogue, Great Synagogue, Religious Center, Great Religious Center (IMO in that order)
2. Settlers
3. Infantry to disband for shields in corrupt cities

All that can probably get us down to <30 turns to victory (but probably not <20)

Courthouses give culture. That is why I am building them.

Barracks give culture cheaply. A lot of buildings that aren't obvious help with culture.

T9 = 348045 T10 = 352912 4867 CPT now. 34 turns to go. That doesn't account for all the Spanish cities I grabbed the last turn of my set.
A clear improvement vs 4,323 CPT at the start of my set.

Good point @ non-obvious culture boosters. My list really just came from "which buildings give the biggest boost?"

Uni is 4 cpt. Opera and the Great religious buildings are 3cpt. Flag is super cheap = biggest bang for your buck.

Once we have the biggest boosters, we can chase the marginal benefit of 1cpt from courthouse, police station, barracks, etc. Still, IMO it's worth focusing more on making sure every city has its Opera house built.

Another thought...until we hit the city limit, we'll add 8cpt by building a Settler for 50 shields vs. adding 1cpt by building a Courthouse for 80 shields.

LK, WDYT about ICS in our jungle vs. airlifting to the new continent?

Good point @ non-obvious culture boosters. My list really just came from "which buildings give the biggest boost?"

Uni is 4 cpt. Opera and the Great religious buildings are 3cpt. Flag is super cheap = biggest bang for your buck.

Once we have the biggest boosters, we can chase the marginal benefit of 1cpt from courthouse, police station, barracks, etc. Still, IMO it's worth focusing more on making sure every city has its Opera house built.

Another thought...until we hit the city limit, we'll add 8cpt by building a Settler for 50 shields vs. adding 1cpt by building a Courthouse for 80 shields.

LK, WDYT about ICS in our jungle vs. airlifting to the new continent?
Following up on this. We can win this game in less than 30 turns doing nothing but building culture and hitting enter.
If there are no objections (in the next 36 hours) I am going to make peace with everyone we are at war with on the land mass where we only have a "foothold"? Also, if possible, I will cancel any MPPs we might have.
The only war we will have is with the Aussies on our Continent, to give the Lawyers and Yogi's targets. Other than that, it will be spam as many cities as possible and rush build as many culture buildings as we can afford. Consider 1 disbanded conscript (22 shields) = a barracks; 3 disbanded conscripts (66 shields) plus a little gold builds an Academy; etc.

At this point whatever wraps it up fastest. I'll be very happy to not have another turn.

I want to start the next one: AWM on Pangaea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom