LK164 - CCM, AWM, Korea

There is a brand new clan in Seoul. In addition, the Colossus clan has made it into the area. There is a lone artist ready to bomb one.
Note blue dot will need multiple barricades to be safe. It does have the bonus of picking up the gems. It will probably be like Mountain River and very ugly until the barricades are up. More muskets will need to get into this area.
The next three cities sites are:

JJ should be able to strike the fatal blow and take the Scandinavian capitol

Summary:
In a couple of turns I hope JJ can steal something from Greece. The spy in India is still useless as they have nothing new for us to get.

I hope JJ can kill off Scandinavia during their set.

ROSTER:
Multiple civs are probably south of Seoul. Please don’t explore much that direction.
I planned out 3 cities in the area. For now I don’t want to explore further until those 3 cities are built.

Spy targets = Germany (theocracy), Spain (theocracy), Aztec (democracy), Greece (theocracy), and Arabia (democracy). They are the 5 tech leaders.

Korea gets is GA way too late. E-Sports requires Combined Arms. That doesn’t show up to the end of the Atomic Age. We have the needed wonders already: Industrious - Harbor of Carthage, Religious - World religion Buddhism, and Commercial - Colossus. We just need to get ahead enough to build any wonder.

LKendter
Jersey Joe (up)
Elephantium (on deck)
Greebley

Attachments

• LK164-1893AD.SAV
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
I got it.

Blue dot is going to be first city built. Culture from Artist might put Turkey's Colony inside our border. Will that cause us to met them?

Moving Red dot 1 northwest to the other side of the river might be a slightly better spot.

Given a choice between attacking a Viking city or a Spanish City I am leaning toward Spain to help fuel our tech research. :mischief:

Very nice tech progress :D

Any thoughts on moving Blue Dot 1S? We might only need 3 Barricades to secure its flanks...

That would also let us add a city where the Aztec unit is in LK's screenshot.

Blue dot is going to be first city built.
Make sure to switch MR to muskets. There will be a need for a lot of defenders to get this city down and safe.

Moving Red dot 1 northwest to the other side of the river might be a slightly better spot.
That would make defense harder as we would be attacking across the river to kill units.

Given a choice between attacking a Viking city or a Spanish City I am leaning toward Spain to help fuel our tech research. :mischief:
It will be a while before we deal with Spain cities. The planted spy showed there capitol near India.
I am hoping the Vikings are along the coast and we don't make the front wider.

Any thoughts on moving Blue Dot 1S?
There isn't enough explored to make this decision IMO.

JJ, could you post an updated screenshot of the blue dot area? Here's my thinking:

dots.png

Teal is a pretty nice core city. It will get 40 food, fully improved, and it will grow decently with just a few irrigations.

The Rider, moved S, will reveal enough to decide whether that's worthwhile. My fog-gazing says the blue dot is flanked by hill on the SW and plains SE and E -- but seeing is better than guessing!

Here is the latest look I have of the area around your suggested Teal city site. I followed the road 2 tiles south for a little bit better look.
Also, if you want to move the blue dot site, what about the yellow and red dot sites?
The settler for the yellow dot site will be there this turn and build a city next turn. Blue dot is going to get 1000 culture from an artist.
I will wait till May 6 to work this area. except for the clearing of enemy troops.
Currently I intend to capture Stockholm.

I'll leave yellow and red alone. What I now see for blue and black dots. Let us prey the blue dot doesn't give us another enemy. Between the culture bomb, and screwing up Turkey's colony that is a risk. India killed Greebley's set, and a good chunk of mine for territory gain.
Two of the 4 needed settlers are in the area. A third is long marching to the area.
LAK-1948.jpg

Black should be to defend and with culture bomb we will still get most of the gems.
Yellow gets built next turn.

Ah, desert, not plains. I like the updated dotmap. Black is actually a really bad spot to defend. While the hill + city + river gives good odds against attackers, it requires us to let enemies traipse up to the wall and attack our guys. We get better odds by manipulating the enemy into approaching on open ground so our cav-type units can hit them before they get to the gates.

The big one down. :)

We see two more cities from Scandinavia, so hopefully more fall during your set.
We have a debate if we delay explosives some to get a smaller gap of no barracks until communism is reached.

Those other 2 cities fell shortly after Stockholm joined our side. Still 2 Viking cities remain that we cannot see. Though there is a long viking border south of us. Hopefully it contains the remaining 2 cities.

Also there is a light colored border directly below us that I believe might be the backward mongols.

next turn when we learn steam engines, I will be a few hundred gold short of attempting to steal a tech. I am thinking of selling off walls and granaries since they are obsolete and some castles (replaced by barracks) in the less productive cities. I would keep the other castles just in case Stockholm flipped or was captured from us.

I like the idea of turning off science when we get to RR (or drop it to 20-30%, depending on lux), build up cash, and then steal Explosives, Steel, Imperialism, and hopefully Nationalism and/or The Corporation all on the same turn.

We have a debate if we delay explosives some to get a smaller gap of no barracks until communism is reached.

... but steam rollers, coming with explosives, are a big boost for creating production and building railroads - and additionally with tech Explosives the worker output is doubled.

Last edited:
1895 AD teaser
Some good news some bad news.
First the bad news. It seems the Greeks objected to us having a city near their territory and they came bearing the wrong kind of gifts. :sad:

I do not think I will be able to hold the city. :shake:
Looks like they will loot our treasury.

The good news? :hmm:
I figured out a way to prevent them from looting our treasury :mischief:
Spoiler What is it? :

The steal cost 4460 gold and I sold off many Walls and Granaries, plus 9 Castles

Now we only have 20 gold left in the treasury.

Ouch - the Greeks came from an ugly spot. Once contained, we need to pillage the road to stop them in the future.
Could they be one of the civs from behind the mountains?

Glad to see another tech stolen. Every good steal gets us closer to parity, and then building a wonder for our GA.

Last edited:
:bump:

Close to a report?

Top Bottom