LK165 - CCM, Deity, Space Race, Arabia

I left some unmoved troops so you would would not get bored. :D

:rotfl:

Sorry about the typos, my Red Martian is rusty. :yup:

What, are you a Thark or something? :p

I would only use existing cities with populations >20 (e.g. Tangier) as settler factories.

Yeah, I'm 50/50 on that. Big cities can afford it -- no productive tiles lost. But settlers from size 9-10 cities cost only half the food. If they're in places where it'll be a while before we can show them some Worker love (or build a 'duct), why not?

Logrono would have been a good example during my last set -- very few improved tiles, decent population, Workers stretched way too thin with other priorities.

I would only use existing cities with populations >20 (e.g. Tangier) as settler factories. All cities with population <20 should be growing toward 20.
I agree 1000%.

I am not sure what will happen if we capture Frankfort. The prerequisite for building the Gate is a German Flag in the city. If we capture the city the German flag will disappear. Does this mean the Brandenburg Gate will disappear?
Probably not, since other Civ specific Wonders we have captured did not disappear.

We are going to get 3-4 happy faces from Berlin, so I am not sure if 1 extra happy face is worth the hassle of reducing a large city's population to 1. I guess I am about 70% percent in favor of razing, but would not object if you keep it.

As am aside, the reason I question if the Brandenburg Gate would disappear is that The Alamo disappeared from Berlin.
When German was a Republic The Alamo was built in Berlin. Germany is no longer a Republic and The Alamo does not show up in the list of buildings in Berlin. Also, the list of Great Wonder ownership (F7) shows the Alamo was build in 0 AD and the city appears to be random.

Does this mean the Brandenburg Gate will disappear?
Probably not, since other Civ specific Wonders we have captured did not disappear.
You're right: it won't.

A prerequisite building(s) is only required to allow construction of a GWonder to begin, but once the Wonder's completed, it will remain there forever (or until the city gets razed!).

The following thread may help clarify; while it was written for the Firaxis epic-game, the general principles described also apply to mods:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/build-projects-with-prerequisites.533669/
As am aside, the reason I question if the Brandenburg Gate would disappear is that The Alamo disappeared from Berlin.
When German was a Republic The Alamo was built in Berlin. Germany is no longer a Republic and The Alamo does not show up in the list of buildings in Berlin. Also, the list of Great Wonder ownership (F7) shows the Alamo was build in 0 AD and the city appears to be random.
The Alamo 'disappeared' because it is a government-specific GWonder, so it goes "invisible" when that government is not being used: i.e. either when the Germans stopped running a Republic, or when the Democratic nation of Arabia captured Berlin.

But it has not been deleted* — so if the LK-Team were (hypothetically) to switch back to Republic, The Alamo should reappear in Berlin, and provide you with whatever benefits it's supposed to.

*The situation with government-specific SWonders is a little weirder. They also disappear when the government-form is changed — but if another civ (which is still running the required government), then captures that town, that gov-specific SWonder will also reappear, even if the capturing civ has already built one of those SWs themselves,!
Also, the list of Great Wonder ownership (F7) shows the Alamo was build in 0 AD and the city appears to be random.
Possibly a bug related to its current 'invisible' status?

Turn report, and a question

Pre-turn:

Gah, it's jarring when there are unmoved troops :(
Why is Toonol building an Aqueduct? It will be about 80 turns for it to hit size 10, and the game shouldn't last much longer than that (~120 if we can't steal any more technologies).
I rename Hellium to Helium. Kaor!
I rename Zondanga to Zodanga.

I upgrade a stray Grenadier and a Nizam Infantry to Eastern Infantry
Ghasta needs a defender.

Assault on Nuremberg:
Eastern Horse Artillery kills Prussian Rifleman
rHotchkiss kills Prussian Dragoon, which has a rather slow death animation
rHotchkiss kills another Prussian Dragoon
rHotchkiss dies
rHotchkiss retreats
eHotchkiss retreats
Hotchkiss retreats
Hotchkiss kills German Infantry WWI
Hotchkiss dies
Hotchkiss dies
Hotchkiss dies
Hotchkiss dies
Hotchkiss kills Prussian Rifleman
Lawyer signs Prussian Dragoon to an exclusive contract. While they're busy arguing over brown M&Ms, our forces enter the city. No more Nuremberg. At least one ship is destroyed in port, too.

Nokomis founded in range of Berlin and Frankfurt.
First assault on Frankfurt:
This is going to be tough! Hotchkiss reports 10 German Infantry WWI, a Prussian Dragoon there as an extra warm body, and a machine gunner showing on top.
Hotchkiss dies. There's an artillery in the city, too.
eTank dies.
Early Tank retreats.
Eastern T-26 kills German Infantry WWI
Eastern T-26 dies
Last hanging Hotchkiss kills Prussian Dragoon.

Eastern T-26 retreats from a stray Infantry
I find another rHotchkiss who kills a stray Prussian Dragoon! He was hiding amongst the Artists.

IBT:

German Artillery kills our Infantry near Frankfurt.

At least four Adventurers move into Frankfurt. Terrific.

1894 AD, T281:

Many cities are about to riot. Let's see what we can do about Germany before upping the lux slider...

Second Frankfurt:
rHotchkiss reveals 9 German Infantry WWI and kills the first one.
The assault is bloody, costing:
6 Eastern T-26
8 Hotchkiss (2 elite)
2 elite Early Tank (ouch)
2 Partisan
We kill the 9 Infantry, 5 various artillery, 5 HMGs, and 4 Adventurers (2 of which killed Hotchkisses :wallbash:)
Plus a Leader that we triggered for Germany.

We raze the city after checking in with the thread.

Partisan kills stray Artillery
AT gun dies
AT gun dies
Heavy Artillery WWI kills Infantry
Heavy Artillery WWI dies :wallbash:

IBT:

Japan warns us. We apologize.
Greece and Inca sign MPP

One of our Infantry fights off an invisible unit near Berlin. Maybe a Partisan?

1895 AD, T282:

Improved Armored Cruiser kills a Privateer near Kaifeng.
Alex Rogan's tank kills a conscript Rifleman and captures Germany's new Northeuropean Settler.

All-Costs founded 1N of Berlin

Battle of Berlin:
Hotchkiss reveals 1 German Infantry WWI and 5 Prussian Riflemen. One of the Rifles falls.
Flamethrower kills German Infantry WWI and promotes.
Flamethrower dies vs. Prussian Rifleman :eek:
Flamethrower kills the plucky Rifleman
Heavy Artillery kills Prusian Rifleman
Heavy Artillery kills Prusian Rifleman
Heavy Artillery dies vs. redlined German Infantry WWI
Ashurbanipal commands Heavy Artillery in the bombardment that kills the German Infantry WWI! He strides triumphantly into the city!

sg_01_1460AD.jpg

Oran gets a University.
Eastern T-26 kills stray Prussian Rifleman, promotes
Eastern T-26 retreats
Heavy Artillery WWI kills Prussian Rifleman

Lawyer grabs two Inca Steamrollers = 4 Workers
Lawyer signs a contract with an Inca Worker (Great Artist now) and hits a Steamroller on the same tile.

IBT:

Poland wants us to pay for MPP+RoP. Yeah, right.
Same thing from Austria-Hungary. Not gonna happen.
Inca warns us about our troops over their borders (an Infantry guarding our Lawyer :D). We assure them that we'll leave immediately.
Brits ALSO want MPP+RoP. Guys, get a clue!

Interwar > WW2 Ships (because I like carriers!)

Berlin riots, but the resistance is over!

1896 AD, T283:

No combat, just moving Workers.

IBT:

Two pink ships attack our Commerce Raider, one sinks, one gets converted into a new Privateer :D
India/Inca sign MPP
German Adventurer comes out of the fog and stops on the mountain next to Onvak.

sg_02_1465AD.jpg

Toledo is upset due to propaganda.

1897 AD, T284:

We sign straight-up peace with Germany. Hannover can't afford anything more!

Lawyer captures two Incan Steamrollers near Santiago and Arequipa.

IBT:

Aztecs warn us ... we apologize, of course.
Lowlands, too.
Nubia and Maghreb sign MPP

1898 AD, T285:

Lots of Worker moves, and a Lawyer nabs another Steamroller from the Incas.

IBT:

Zzz...

1899 AD, T286:

Lawyer nets another couple of Workers from an Incan Steamroller

IBT:

Persia wants MPP+RoP. Nope! At least they didn't want us to pay for it... :rolleyes:

Brazil-Portugal declares war on the Americans.
Americans are building Statue of Liberty
Persia also declares war on the Americans!

WW2 ships > Strategic Bombing

1900 AD, T287: We trade Silver+Elephants to Brazil-Portugal in exchange for Spices + 1gpt.

1901 AD, T288: Persia destroys the Germans!

BTW, Civinator -- the Heavy Tank Plant produces Early Heavy Tanks, 12.5.2

But we're building Eastern T-26, 12.5.3. I'm not sure the extra hit point makes up for the T-26's movement advantage...

Greece-Byzantines and India declare war on the Brits

1902 AD, T289:

We have a Hull(Battleship) that can't be upgraded. The civilopedia says it can be upgraded into civ-specific Super Dreadnoughts, and there is a Super Dreadnought unit (14.14.6). However, the entry for the Hull (Battleship) says it can be upgraded to a Super Battleship, 17.16.6, available with Wonder Weapons. It seems odd to have this window of time where we can't upgrade the hull at all. Civinator, can you comment on this?

Partisan kills stray British Rolls Royce.

I sell Early Tanks to Persia for 2353 gold.
India gets Imperialism for 427 gold.

IBT:

Australia declares war on Incas.
Greece and India respond by declaring on Australia!

1903 AD, T290:

Partisan kills Rolls Royce
Partisan captures Rolls Royce
New Partisan dies to Camel Corps
Partisan kills Camel Corps
Partisan kills British Musketman (a 4.5.1 unit)
Partisan captures British Grenadier

I'm halfway through MMing cities -- and moving Workers -- and my cat steps on the 'enter' key! :cry:

The Question:

@Greebley, you're on deck. Would you prefer I play through 1904 like a regular turn, or just leave all the Workers fortified near the capital?

sg_03_1505AD.jpg

Attachments

• LK165-1904AD-no-worker-moves.SAV
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
BTW, Civinator -- the Heavy Tank Plant produces Early Heavy Tanks, 12.5.2
But we're building Eastern T-26, 12.5.3. I'm not sure the extra hit point makes up for the T-26's movement advantage

The extra HP is worth a lot, especially when attacking over roads.

We have a Hull(Battleship) that can't be upgraded. The civilopedia says it can be upgraded into civ-specific Super Dreadnoughts, and there is a Super Dreadnought unit (14.14.6). However, the entry for the Hull (Battleship) says it can be upgraded to a Super Battleship, 17.16.6, available with Wonder Weapons. It seems odd to have this window of time where we can't upgrade the hull at all. Civinator, can you comment on this?

This is a reported error. For Greece and Arabia the box for the upgrade to the common superdreadnought was not tickled. Nevertheless it makes sense to keep those hulls as later in the game these hulls can upgrade to super battleships.

I'm halfway through MMing cities -- and moving Workers -- and my cat steps on the 'enter' key! :cry:

No more white screens - now comes the dark (?) cat for entertaining us lurkers. :D

Nice job finishing off Germany. :thumbsup: Since you are 3/4 of the way to the North Pole, did you get Santa to convince the Persians to take out the remaining German City. :D

Babylon should be building National Air Defense.

When we get the tech, Marine Corps should be built in Surf City and any other Wonder that requires a Coastal Installation.

You can hand off as is at the start of the turn or whatever is convenient. I would just play from there.
Tusker has a save above in his post to start with. ;-)

Sounds good! Most of our Workers are fortified in the Babylon area, military a bit further east near Ellipi and Ashur.

We also have most of the air force fortified on the eastern frontier -- Amhor, I think.

My Worker moves were focused on keeping cities growing (F1 view, sort by food, pay attention to cities bringing in <5 extra fpt first).

There's a nice big war going on between other civs on our continent (cross-continent, too). It shouldn't involve us, but you're likely to see a bit more AI movement than I saw during my turns.

Played 4 turns so far. Not much exciting to show, just a lot of MM for cities. I am building more steam rollers, probably more than we will need so we can merge slow growing cities.

We could probably grab the continent fairly quickly, but I would like to try out modern era warfare so not declaring war or building offense.

My turnset was similar. I really like the idea of a couple of modern wars -- maybe one right after the age change and another one when we're closer to completing the space missions, to enjoy a variety of the late-game units?

:hmm:
Time to test that late age stuff for CCM issues?

Last edited:
I do not think we will have to go looking for a war, we will be attacked a few times before we launch for Mars.

We definitely need to build the Manhattan Project, or :trouble: capture and raze the city city which builds it.
We one turn before we launch for Mars to win the game we should "light up" the world in celebration :devil: by using every nuke we have in our arsenal. :bump: :mwaha: :evil:

If any nation but ours builds the UN we need to capture and raze the city were it was built. Since I have never owned the UN in a CCM game I am not sure of the mechanics. I believe that if we own the UN we do not have to ask for a vote.

Merry Christmas! :xmascheers:
Any one besides me going to watch :cheers: :popcorn: "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" ?

I think nuclear is a small wonder and if you don't build before the non-proliferation treaty? you don't get any. There was a warning about it when I looked.
You are correct, it is a Small Wonder. Still, we should build it as soon as we are able to to get as many "free" nukes as possible in preparation for out final light show.:D

Up to turn 7 or so. I discovered the Sub bug can trigger if you have a sub as the only guard for a Commercial Raider. The AI attacks the Raider but ends in war due to the sub.

In this way we ended up at war with South America which is making my turn longer. I am going to try to finish before the weekend.

Top Bottom