LK165 - CCM, Deity, Space Race, Arabia

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
Signed up:
LKendter

Restrictions:
Must choose governments: Republic and Democracy.
Continents map: Can't take out a civ on another continent. Okay to claim a small island for resources.

Still have debate on further restrictions.

Last edited:
Sign me up.

How about the same restrictions on acquiring land as we used in the 500k culture game?

Signed up:
LKendter
Jersey Joe

Restrictions:
Continents map: Can't take out a civ on another continent. Okay to claim a small island for resources.

Last edited:
How about the same restrictions on acquiring land as we used in the 500k culture game?
I've skimmed the first pages, and see no notes about restrictions. Do you recall what they were?

Sent a PM to NP in case they are interested.

I skimmed last 10 pages of 500K thread (LK162) and saw no mention of restrictions.
However, in first post of LK161 Lee made this comment:
"600,000 IMO would be possible. However, it would need to be an effective conquest.
Raze everything after about 45% land. Make sure to capture every wonder giving free culture.
In the far reaches of the empire city spam a ton of 1 apart cities. The main goal is all the free culture.
We would need to reduce the world to a handful of cities"

I guess we were just aware of not wanting to go pass about 45% total land and played accordingly in LK161 and LK162.

Some ideas from those 2 games which might apply here:
Build Academies in every city so Great Leaders can rush Universities.
Build troops in high production cities which are then disbanded in low production cities to rush buildings.
Draft troops in very corrupt cities to be disbanded to rush science and corruption reducing buildings.
Very corrupt cities can make good use of granaries and Hospitals by growing their populations and hiring scientists.

Does a beeline to Literature in an attempt to build The Great Library make sense?

Signed up:
LKendter
Jersey Joe
Elephantium

Oh -- can you edit thread titles? I see the common diety/deity typo here :(

Edit: Ah - fixed! :D

Last edited:
I will play this one as well.
I did mention a limit of civs taken out per era. One advantage is we will still have warfare in the final era. Possible idea: Limit of 30% until the last era. Limit of 50% or 55% overall.
What do you think? I would like to try modern era warfare which means not taking out civs as quickly as we usually do.

Here are the special rules I frequently apply and enjoy when playing CCM 2.50:

Playing CCM the "Age of Discovery-Style"

1. Play on the biggest map with continent settings, water 60 or 70 %, age of the world 5 billi. years, climate normal, temperature temperate, monarch or more
2. Until you have not fully explored the complete outlines of both main continents in this setting the following special rules are in place:

a) You are not allowed to start wars in this phase of the game.
b) You are allowed to capture cities in a defending war, that was not provoked by you. Moving big groups of landunits through foreign territory is a provokation
c) If a civ asks for peace, you have to accept it.
d) The stealing of maps in that phase of the game is not allowed.
e) Don´t play seafaring civs, as they have a better chance to jump to the other continent.

Minimap.jpg

These rules, exploring the world, for me provide a lot of fun in the game. You have to use your naval force, a part of the game you are mostly ignoring in your succession games. Your common playing style of building up a massive military force that always steam hammers the world, could be less effective, as other civs don´t tend to declare war on civs with big military forces (if not provoked). On the other side building ancient wonders, that provide you with additional settlers, now are an even much more interesting option.

3. When you have explored the complete outlines of both main continents (mostly at the end of era 2 of CCM) all the special rules of phase 2 are eliminated.

In this phase you normally have to deal with "modern era warfare" as it was suggested by Greebley.

Last edited:
Signed up:
LKendter
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Greebley

Restrictions:

4000 BC (0)
I roll Japan. I prefer not to play the same civ as LK162.
I roll the Aztecs with a start so bad that the best second city is next to a volcano. There is way too much nearby desert.
I roll Poland with South Africa at point-blank range covering the main grassland area.

I roll Arabia and finally have a viable start.
This is the most predictable build in CCM - worker houses.
I start a 50-turn run on naval warfare. It gives us a second tier tech.

3450 BC (11)
I’ve spotted borders to the north already. :(

3400 BC (12)
I make contact with Korea. No trades are possible.

2750 BC (25)
(IT) Maghreb starts a GA.

2580 BC (29)
Bagdad is founded to claim silver near wheat. A flag is ordered up.

2420 BC (33)
(IT) Spain completes the Colossus.

2380 BC (34)
(IT) Nubia starts a GA.

2300 BC (36)
(IT) Brazil completes Stonehenge.

2260 BC (37)
(IT) Greece starts a GA.

2220 BC (38)
(IT) Japan completes Mausoleum of Mausollos.

2180 BC (39)
I finally contact another civ with Germany. No trades are possible.
I see borders from another civ.

2140 BC (40)
I contact Spain. No trades are possible.
I finally make a deal with Korea shipping sail and $166 for masonry.
(IT) Italy starts a GA.

2020 BC (43)
Mooville is formed. A flag is ordered up.
(IT) Egypt starts a GA.

1980 BC (44)
(IT) Our warrior gets auto-booted by Korea. I’m lucky as it booted to the other side to keep exploring.

1940 BC (45)
I contact Maghreb. No trades are possible.

1860 BC (47)
I contact the Inca. No trades are possible.
I also contact Turkey. I send sail and $86 for warrior code. Slaver’s hut is now under construction.
(IT) Israel starts a GA.

1740 BC (50)
I give Maghreb naval warfare and get the very expensive city-state and $63. :dance:
I give Germany naval warfare, $107 and $1/T for iron working and writing. There is iron by Moovile. :dance:
I start a 50-turn run on literature.
I give the Inca naval warfare for the wheel and $49. There are sites with horses available. :dance:
I give Spain naval warfare for pottery and $7.
I give Korea naval warfare for polytheism and $26.
I give Maghreb writing for $519 and $5/T.
I give backwards Turkey pottery for $98.

[End of session 1]

Our starting cities:

To the east with the horses:

Out continent is definitely large enough to win a space race. So far 6 civs have been found, and I still have no idea how big it is.

I set the next 50-turn to literature. No time is invested, so it can be changed. If we want to gamble on the Great Library, this must be the next tech.
At the moment we are caught up in tech. We are ahead of 3 of the civs. A pity Turkey isn’t the closest civ, as they are already way backwards.
The big debate is when we build our special wonder. I really don’t want a despotic GA. However, republic is still a long time away.
Babylon needs to start working on units again after slaver’s hut.

ROSTER:

LKendter
Jersey Joe (up)
Elephantium (on deck)
Greebley

Restrictions:
You must choose governments: Republic and Democracy.

There is still a debate on further restrictions.

Attachments

• LK165-1740BC.SAV
    604.7 KB · Views: 102
Very productive round of tech trading. :thumbsup:

From the screenshots looks like next city should be just NE of the horses to also get wheat.

I got it.

Top Bottom