LK166, Dutch, CCM, UN victory target

Jersey Joe, we have Olympic Games now, so there's no impediment there. For prebuilds, we can use Battlefield Medicine in Seaside Heights, and University in Daidu (unless we want to build one there sooner!).

The AI learned Steel in 1850. Do you remember when they got Explosives?

The AI learned Steel in 1850. Do you remember when they got Explosives?
I looked at my save files. I could have traded Explosives to the AIs in 1836. The AIs had it in 1838. I figured it would take them 5 turns to learn Steel and 4 turns for Imperialism.
In the Industrial Era with techs costing more it should take them 5-6 turns to learn a tech. The AIs normally start on techs at the top of the chart.

The pre-builds sound good. I think the X-Ray Machine Wonder should be build in Seaside Heights as it will benefit more form the extra 50% research boast than Daidu.

Tech pace is my biggest worry this game. We have done great with the tech trading game, but that ends soon. We need to keep pushing our city buildings and steamrollers.
Trading tech for lots of cash to rush buildings sound good. That helped me big time with the Austria war in rushing plenty of defensive units. It also help with rushing buildings like crazy.

I think we will have enough happiness that building factories will not be a concern. It really means cities will require some happiness buildings when they reach the largest sizes.

If you run two scientists instead of one clown you get more scientists when unhappy. It slows growth, but only until the happiness buildings are built. With no mines on grassland, I don't think most towns will have an issue with slightly less growth for a short while. We will also have enough cash so we can rush those buildings if needed.

So in general I don't think unhappiness buildings will hurt us.

Tech pace is my biggest worry this game. We have done great with the tech trading game, but that ends soon. We need to keep pushing our city buildings and steamrollers.
Trading tech for lots of cash to rush buildings sound good. That helped me big time with the Austria war in rushing plenty of defensive units. It also help with rushing buildings like crazy.
Lee, I basically did the same thing with tech trading, except I rushed many Steamrollers instead of defensive units. Also, by the end of my turn every city had an Academy.
Last game we were a Democracy running close to 350 scientists.
Reports from the front indicate that France is getting close to folding, what is who is our next objective and will it be the final war of conquest?

We should consider switching to Democracy instead of Communism when the war with France is finished and the Transcontinental Railroad, X-Ray Machine and Arms Race are completed.
I think we will have enough happiness that building factories will not be a concern. It really means cities will require some happiness buildings when they reach the largest sizes.

If you run two scientists instead of one clown you get more scientists when unhappy. It slows growth, but only until the happiness buildings are built. With no mines on grassland, I don't think most towns will have an issue with slightly less growth for a short while. We will also have enough cash so we can rush those buildings if needed.

So in general I don't think unhappiness buildings will hurt us.
I agree with you in general unhappiness buildings will not hurt us. However, I think it is a waste of resources.
Pleased tell me after you have build the factory and happiness building(s) to negate the unhappiness what will you build in that city?
The Hague should run 20 scientists, a factory will not change the fact that is is a very poor production city. I believe the same is true for most of the old Austrian cities and some of the old German cities in our Monarchy, all those cities should have are buildings the provide research bonuses, economic bonuses and happiness.

I agree if the cities are low shields that a factory is a waste. Those are the perfect ones to keep partial rushing buildings from cash.

I'm not ready to decide on Democracy yet. I forced us to try it last game, and I really hated it. Unit support was far to low, and draft all but useless. Trapped in a war to avoid flips with WW stuck on was a real pain.

Based on the tech pace, I don't think France will be the last. Until I load the game, I can't say for sure. My last set I did notice Italy getting close to our lands as a potential target. We need another water rich civ to push science.

I agree lack of scientist is hurting this game. We conquered way to many dry cities.

France is utterly broken.

Log:

Pre-turn:

MM the empire for growth. It's a little daunting how little room there is for this -- many cities are really hurting for lack of roads and irrigation.

Move the Settler towards the plains position.
Trade Coal to Japan for Furs

Dial up France and declare war.

IBT:

Arabs want to trade Territory maps. I negotiate to pick up their WM and 10 gold.
France moves a bunch of units across our borders near Hannover.

1844 AD:

The front near Avignon is very quiet, but I decide against moving troops out of Salzburg. I want to reduce the French field army before advancing.

Imperialism is still due in 7, so I rush some Observatories to help.

IBT:

Still no action with France. They've moved troops closer, but they're not quite in range.
They also bring a Heavy Frigate near Groningen.

1846 AD:

The Observatories helped -- Imperialism due in 5.

Well, the opening battle isn't great. A Dutch Dragoon dies vs. a French Musketman 0-1
A second Dragoon kills it 1-1
Heavy Artillery kills French Crossbowman 2-1
Dutch Horse Artillery kills French Bombard 3-1
Lawyer kills French Bombard 4-1

Mons founded in the Plains spot.

Broadside Battery ship bombards the Frigate near Groningen, 1 pip of damage.

The Amsterdam - Hannover rail line is almost complete -- there's a single tile that some German Workers will finish on the IBT next to Koenigsberg.

IBT:

Inca and Egypt sign peace.
After much longer than I thought possible, the French troops finish moving. I've heard of target-rich environments, but this is ridiculous!
On the bright side, that Frigate sailed away.
France also builds Cherbourg in the valley between Marseilles and Hannover.

1848 AD:

Salzburg and Belgrade are on the rail line now.
Dutch Cannon kills War Elephant 5-1
Dutch Cannon kills (very slow death animation!) Mounted Crusader 6-1
Napoleonic Camel Corps kills Mounted Crusader 7-1
Napoleonic Camel Corps narrowly dies to Mounted Crusader 7-2
He's redlined, so I take a chance...and Enslaver captures him! 8-2
Dutch Horse Artillery kills French Bombard 9-2
Dutch Horse Artillery dies to French Bombard :wallbash: 9-3
That French Bombard is a hero unit! I lose ANOTHER Dutch Horse Artillery :salute: 9-4

Now we'll have to reduce the stack the hard way:
Heavy Artillery kills French Musketman 10-4
Napoleonic Camel Corps kills another 11-4
Rifleman dies 11-5
Rifleman kills French Musketman 12-5
Rifleman dies 12-6
Rifleman kills French Musketman, promotes 13-6
Rifleman dies 13-7
Rifleman dies 13-8
Rifleman dies 13-9
Rifleman dies 13-10

... Okay. I WAS trying to get through the Musketman screen with Riflemen to avoid committing too many Dragoons, but I have to switch. This is getting ridiculous!

Dutch Dragoon ... dies 13-11. Sigh.
Dutch Dragoon dies 13-12. At least the defender is redlined now.
Dutch Dragoon *barely* kills wounded Musketman 14-12
Dutch Dragoon kills wounded Musketman, promotes 15-12

Napoleon is in that stack now :eek:
Dutch Dragoon kills French Footknight 16-12
Dutch Dragoon kills French Footknight 17-12
Dutch Dragoon retreats
Dutch Dragoon kills French Footknight 18-12
Dutch Dragoon kills French Footknight 19-12
Dutch Dragoon kills French Footknight 20-12
Dutch Dragoon kills French Musketman 21-12
Dutch Dragoon kills French Musketman 22-12
Enslaver kills French Crossbowman, promotes 23-12
Knight of the Realm kills French Crossbowman 24-12
Walloon Knight kills French Crossbowman 25-12
Missionary converts French Crossbowman 26-12
Dutch Dragoon kills French Crossbowman 27-12
Dutch Dragoon kills French Cannon 28-12
eDutch Dragoon dies to the hero French Bombard :salute: 28-13
Dutch Dragoon kills French Bombard 29-13
Dutch Dragoon kills French Bombard 30-13
In a sacrifice play, Dutch Dragoon kills French Bombard and eliminates Napoleon! He's likely to be lost on the inter-turn, but it's worth the price :salute: 31-13

Next stack...
Three Dutch Dragoons retreat before we reduce the stack down to a single French Bombard. We get another couple of promotions out of the deal, too 46-13

IBT:

Mounted Crusader kills a stray Dutch Musketeer/Dutch Musket Infantry (misclick had sent him S of Belgrade) 46-14
French Crossbowman dies attacking our exposed Dutch Dragoon 47-14
French Crossbowman forces the exposed Dragoon to retreat
French Bombard kills one of our Riflemen. 47-15

We get a Coffee Plantation!

1850 AD:

We trade Mercantilism for Italy's WM + 177 gold.
We trade Enlightenment for Persia's WM, 69gpt, and 99 gold.
We trade Sacred Art for Britain's 4gpt + 38 gold.
We trade Sacred Art for Turkey's WM, 23gpt + 51 gold.

Cleaning up the Hannover neighborhood...
Heavy Artillery kills French Musketman 48-15
Enslaver captures wounded French Crossbowman 49-15
Lawyer signs a contract with French Bombard 50-15

Next up, a stack of 3 Mounted Crusader and 4 Northeuropean Chariots
Dutch Dragoons go 3-0 killing the Mounted Crusaders, and Enslavers+Missionary go 4-1 on the Chariots. We get 2 new Workers and a Leader from the Missionary!
The Leader rushes Industrial Core Center in Seaside Heights. 57-16

Our Dragoons go 5-0 on a stack of 4 Mounted Crusaders and 1 War Elephant covering 4 Northeuropean Chariots. Enslaver, Missionary, and 2 Lawyers get the Chariots (1 Great Artist) 66-16

We knock out another stack of 2 Crusaders and 2 Elephants, no losses. 70-16

We have 6 Dutch Dragoons left, so we harass a French stack on a grassland tile near Belgrade. 2 retreat, 1 kills French Guard Infantry, 2 kill French Line Infantry, and 1 dies. We have two Dutch Horse Artillery, too; each one kills a French Line Infantry 75-17
Napoleonic Camel Corps go 2-1 vs. French Muskmen in the same stack 77-18

IBT:

Nubia warns us about a ship. We apologize.
Maghreb want to trade WMs. Okay, sure.
French move a lot of soldiers, but as usual, nothing is in range yet.

1852 AD (T5):

Enslaver kills stray French Crossbowman 78-18
There's a huge stack (40+? I didn't count, but the context menu list of enemy units scrolled a bit) of French units moving on Belgrade. French Crossbowman, Footknight, Grenadier, Musketman, 1 Line Infantry, and some Medieval Infantry.
Two Dutch Cannons go 1-1 on Grenadiers, a Dutch Dragoon kills a French Line Infantry, and we lose 1 Dragoon killing 12 French Musketmen. We don't take any losses running down 4 Medieval Infantry, 4 Footknights, a wounded Grenadier, and the last wounded Musketman. 100-20

A variety of units attack 18 French Crossbowman, including several Riflemen. We also finish off the last French Grenadier, netting 1 Great Artist in the process. 119-20

2 Dutch Horse Artillery win artillery duels with a French Cannon. 120-20
Heavy Artillery kills the top French Line Infantry on the next monster stack 121-20

The railnet reaches Arnhem, letting me bring 8 more Dutch Dragoons into the fray! Unfortunately, they give a poor showing with 2 losses and 3 retreats to their 3 kills of French Line Infantry on the next monster stack. 124-22

IBT:

Massive French stack moves next to Belgrade.
Russia gets caught trying to spy on us.
Many trade deals end, cutting our gpt precipitously and more importantly, our supply of Wines!

1854 AD (T250):

We trade with Scandinavia, sending Horses, Iron, and Tropical Fruit in exchange for Wine, WM, and 1990 gold.
We sell Enlightenment to Israel for 100 gold.
We trade Saltpeter to Inca for WM + 4060 gold.
We trade Enlightenment to Poland for 88gpt + 12 gold.
We trade Military Tradition to Persia for 75gpt + 23 gold.
We cancel the current Horses deal and trade Exploration to Arabia for 80gpt + 22 gold. They're annoyed at us for some reason :(
We trade Exploration to Nubia for 46gpt + 5 gold.
We cancel the deal with Canada for Horses.

Defense of Belgrade:
We start off with Heavy Artillery retreating...gulp.
Horse Artillery crushes a French Line Infantry 125-22
Then we send in Dragoons to soften up the Musketmen. 2 losses for 16 killed -- and we also get a Leader! Bruges gets a Factory. 141-24
Next, we send in the Riflemen to kill 6 Musketmen, 3 Medieval Infantry, and 8 French Footknights with 2 losses. 158-26
Now for the 'weaker' attackers vs. Crossbowmen: 5 Napoleonic Camel Corps, Walloon Knight, 3 Lawyers, 1 Missionary, 4 Enslavers, 10 Riflemen, and finally, the Knight of the Realm wipe out the stack.
We get 1 Great Artist and 2 Workers out of the deal. 183-26
Rail expansion to Bremen and Graz gets us four more Dutch Dragoons at the front, two of which kills French Line Infantry 184-26

IBT:

More French troops move next to Belgrade.
We reach the Industrial Ages. Scientific Method due in 11.

1856 AD:

Daidu switches to Olympic Games, due in 1.

Is it just me, or has the Dutch Dragoon uniform changed?

Sweeping the gates of Belgrade:
Dutch Dragoon rides down French Line Infantry 185-26
Heavy Artillery softens up the top Line Infantry on the next stack...186-26
Dutch Horse Artillery go 1-1 with enemy Cannon 187-27
Dutch Cannon reduces enemy Crossbowman 188-27
Dutch Dragoons go 5-2 against 5 French Line Infantry and 6-2 against 6 Musketmen 199-31
Austrian Dragoon promotes, Napoleonic Camel Corps and Knight of the Realm win, Enslaver retreats, and two Enslavers capture 3 Footknights and 2 Crossbowmen 204-31
Dutch Dragoons mop up 2 more units, and Camel Musketeer nabs a Crossbowman 207-31

We have two retreats before we manage to reduce anther 4-unit stack... 211-31

We still have a dozen uncommitted Dragoons, so I move them on Avignon.

We sell Imperialism to Greece for 24400 gold.
We sell Imperialism to Russia for 8700 gold -- and now they have Improved Steam Engines! They want about 32k gold for it.
China will pay us 10500 gold for it - and they learned Nationalism.
Incas only offer 6500.
We sell Imperialism and WM to Egypt for their WM, Tobacco, and 7k gold.
Finally, Scandinavia will pay 7400 gold.

I buy Improved Steam Engines from Russia, negotiated down to 29900 + WM

We now have 85000 gold, and Scientific Method is due in 11.

I rush Railyards in Pula and Rijeka. Seaside Heights will begin work on Transcontinental Railroad next turn.

I rush a bunch of builds; we're down to 49k gold, +1500/turn.

IBT:

Turks want to trade TMs. We oblige them.
Scandinavia ends our Saltpeter deal.
China and Egypt sign MPP.
China declares on Indochina!
France barely moves any troops...

sg_26_1305AD.jpg

Russia gets caught trying to sabotage the Uni in Ulaanbaatar.
China is building National Monument, Antarctic Expedition.

We lose our supply of Silver.

1858 AD:

Some of our ships find a French Paddle Wheeler. Of COURSE, the last bombardment from the Commerce Raider redlines it :\ I didn't want to attack it at full health.

Battle of Avignon:
Dutch Dragoon retreats
Dutch Dragoon dies in slow motion vs. French Line Infantry (and promotes him, darn the bad luck!) 207-32
Dutch Dragoon dies 207-33
Dutch Dragoon retreats
Dutch Dragoon kills the elite French Line Infantry from the previous battle 208-33
Dutch Dragoon kills French Line Infantry and enters the city! 209-33
6 resisters

Heavy Artillery retreats from French Musketman
Dutch Horse Artillery kills the Musketman 210-33
Lawyer kills French Crossbowman 211-33

Battle of Cherbourg:
Camel Corps dies after redlining the top defender. 211-34
Camel Corps retreats
Camel Corps kills French Line Infantry 212-34
Camel Corps kills French Line Infantry 213-34
Camel Corps kills French Line Infantry, and Cherbourg has fallen. 214-34

IBT:

Russia and Scandinavia sign MPP
Persia wants to trade WMs. Sure, why not?
Poland declares war on Persia!
Greece wants to trade TMs. We'd be happy to.
... they move two military units in our direction. Will this be a sneak attack?

French Line Infantry dies attacking one of our Riflemen 215-34

Greece and Russia are both trying to build National Monument.
Resistance in Cherbourg ends.
Scandinavia is building National Monument, too.
They also get caught trying to plant a spy!

1860 AD:

Commerce Raider sinks French Paddle Wheeler 216-34
I sell Sacred Art to Australia for WM, Silver, 28gpt, and 36 gold.

I also move a bunch of troops towards French targets, but there isn't much action this turn.

IBT:

Egypt and Indochina sign peace.
France wants to sign a straight-up peace. We decline.
French Line Infantry dies against our Rifle protecting an attack stack 217-34
Greeks move away from our northern border.

Resistance in Avignon ends.
Russia is now building Transcontinental Railroad.
China and Egypt are building National Monument.
We lose our supply of Elephants! NOOOOO!

1862 AD:

Camel Corps retreats
Heavy Artillery kills French Line Infantry roving near Hannover 218-34

Battle of Rheims:
This is a pretty bloody assault, with 5 retreats and 3 losses before we reduce the garrison 222-37

Battle of Marseilles:
First two Dragoons go 1-1, then an elite Dragoon rides down the redlined French Line Infantry to break the gates. 224-38

The road to Paris:
We culture-bomb Rheims
Heavy Artillery kills French Line Infantry 225-38
Dutch Dragoon kills French Line Infantry and captures a Supply Shipment

Siege of Paris:
Dutch Horse Artillery reveals 6 French Line Infantry defending, and it kills one. 226-38
A second unit of Horse Artillery kills a second one 227-38
Dutch Dragoon dies 227-39
Dutch Dragoon retreats
Dutch Dragoon retreats
Dutch Dragoon kills French Line Infantry 228-38
Dutch Dragoon narrowly kills French Line Infantry 229-38
We're down to fighting Regular French Line Infantry, but the next Dragoon retreats
Dutch Dragoon dies vs. 3/4 French Line Infantry and promotes him 229-39
Dutch Dragoon dies, no damage :wallbash: 229-40
Dutch Dragoon retreats
Dutch Dragoon retreats
Dutch Dragoon kills Adventurer 230-40
Dutch Dragoon retreats
Dutch Dragoon retreats
Dutch Dragoon retreats
Dutch Dragoon redlines, then dies to French Line Infantry, promoting him to vet :( 230-41
elite Dutch Dragoon kills the 2/4 French Line Infantry 231-41
elite Dutch Dragoon kills French Line Infantry 232-41

sg_28_1320AD.jpg

10 resisters

General cleanup:
Dutch Dragoon kills Adventurer 233-41
Dutch Dragoon kills Adventurer 234-41
Dutch Dragoon retreats
Dutch Dragoon dies to French Line Infantry 234-42
Dutch Dragoon kills the pesky French Line Infantry 235-42
elite Lawyer kills enemy Lawyer 236-42

I culture-bomb Paris with a French Great Artist :D
The results aren't as impressive as with Rheims; the only city it really allows us to attack is size 16 Tours which is really better left as the last city for us to attack.
Enslaver kills enemy Worker (I was hoping for capture, darn)

Heavy Artillery retreats from a stray French Line Infantry
Dutch Cannon finishes him off 237-43

Closing notes:

I suggest using the next Leader we get to rush a University in Liege.
I did a round of MM, rushing and short-rushing buildings. Transcontinental Railroad comes in next turn, so our cities will need another look. We can switch to large-scale military builds to go after our next targets quickly.

There are wounded units healing in Kazan and Hannover. Artists are in Belgrade.

France is utterly broken. We have stacks ready to attack Rouen, Amiens, Dijon, Chartres, and Orleans next turn. There's also a stack of Riflemen heading towards Lyons; they can cover whatever Dragoons you wish to send. These stacks might need reinforcement; it won't be a slam-dunk to take all five cities in one turn.

The rail-net is complete with the exception of one tile to connect Nuremberg.

We're still 8 turns to Scientific Method. With all the leading AI civs knowing Nationalism, I'm hoping they'll focus research on Fascism and Communism, leaving us to grab X Ray Machine and Arms Race.

----------

At this point, my cat stepped on the power button of my PC. I hadn't quite saved yet, so I replayed from the 1862 AD autosave. I had to change remarkably few things in the log!

sg_29_1320AD.jpg

Attachments

• LK166-1862AD.SAV
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
I agree France is broken, but what a bloodbath. Some of their cities aren’t impressive either. To many of them are surrounded by hills in the picture.

ROSTER:
LKendter (on deck)
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Greebley (up)

Goal is winning by UN vote.

IMO, we can invade Italy as soon as the last French city falls. Our army is Average compared to theirs, but they lack Ballistics -- their best defender will be the 2.4.1 Musketman, but we'll mostly face 2.3.1 Italian Late Pikemen (they lack Saltpeter, too).

Same thing applies to South Africa (except they have Saltpeter).

Spain won't be much tougher; they lack Military Tradition, so we'll be facing the 5.5.1 Spanish Musket Infantry.

Korea looks similar to France. Their next tech is Railroad, so we're looking at Line Infantry or possibly Riflemen by time we fight them.

With Barracks everywhere, I think we can be a little more aggressive in these wars than I was with France. We can probably add all four to our kingdom before Napoleonic Age goes obsolete.

We are lucky to be getting the Transcontinental Railroad Wonder. If Russian had used Moscow to build it they would own it.

What about Russia as a next target? Moscow might be the best shield producing city in the world and owning it would make it more likely we will build the UN.

Actually, thinking about it more, I strongly suggest declaring war on Italy immediately. We can rail to the edge of the jungle and set up a killing zone in the grasslands. As the French cities fall, we can move troops to the new front to meet Italy's rush, then continue on to their cities.

As for Russia, it's a bit chancy. They're a good target, and I think we can take them if we declare on them instead of Italy.

However, MPPs are in play. Russia currently has one with Scandinavia. She could sign one with Greece or China, and then we're in a BIG defensive war instead of expanding our borders.

Russia is a strong play, but Italy is more of a sure thing.

However, MPPs are in play. Russia currently has one with Scandinavia. She could sign one with Greece or China, and then we're in a BIG defensive war instead of expanding our borders.
I did not consider MPPs.
Question: I know in the future when we are getting ready for a UN vote we will need MPPs. What is our current policy concerning MPPs? If Greece, China, Scandinavia, ... etc ask us for one do we agree?
What about requests for RoPs? What I normally see when an AI asked for an MPP they also asked for a RoP. Do we say yes to the MPP and refuse the RoP?

Some thoughts:
Our tech path should be Scientific Method -> Electricity -> Atomic Theory -> Radio.
We should not build the Small Wonder that gives submarines when we learn that tech. We should not build submarines (they only lead to wars).
Daidu needs 2 hills railed so they can produce 100 shields per turn. That will cut down its time to build Arms Race from 7 turns to 6 turns.
Seaside Heights can build X-Ray Machine in 4 turns.

If we are going to conquer Italy while we are moving south we should pick up at least 3 cities from S. Africa: Ulundi (just soutch of Hovd), Bapedi (a source of rubber), and Luderitz.
In Italy, I think we should conquer Byzantium -> Hispalis (source of Iron) -> Luteria (their only seaport) sooner rather than later.

Do we need MPPs? In the normal epic game, I'd sign MAs against my biggest rival to ensure diplomatic victory. You can finagle that with MPPs, but it's trickier.

I'd avoid MPPs just like we do in normal games. Signing them before we hit the Atomic Age will get us into wars with the wrong civs and make too many neighbors Furious.

Why prioritize Radio? Personally, I'd rather put it off since it obsoletes Town Clocks. Early Tanks ends the effect of Napoleonic Age, so we'd want to get it just before that (unless we've switched to Fascism or Communism by then, of course).

As for S African cities, I don't think it's worthwhile to grab the three cities you mentioned. We have rails to Namur and Arnhem, so Ulundi isn't "on the way". We can head straight for Lugdunum or Byzantium in the opening moves -- and remember, we'll have attack 8 Dutch Dragoons facing defense 3 Late Pikemen. The only problem we'll face is large numbers of weak units.

I think we can get the Antarctic Expedition which is one happiness in every city. I was thinking I would purchase Nationalism next turn and build in about 3 turns. That still gives 5 turns for a prebuild likely with National Monument unless the AI gets it faster, but we can't really predict that anyway.

Starting Daidu on a prebuild now actually, for xray or arms race. Will likely start tomorrow if anyone has comments.

I think we can get the Antarctic Expedition which is one happiness in every city. I was thinking I would purchase Nationalism next turn and build in about 3 turns. That still gives 5 turns for a prebuild likely with National Monument unless the AI gets it faster, but we can't really predict that anyway.

Starting Daidu on a prebuild now actually, for xray or arms race. Will likely start tomorrow if anyone has comments.
Moscow has started building National Monument. It should not take them more than 5 turns in total to build. We cannot build it that fast. Also, Russia is a Democracy so its production cannot be sabotaged.
Seaside Heights might get to 150 shields/turn (if just short of 150 it has 2 hills that need Rails) when it finishes Transcontinental Railroad next turn. Seaside should then have a good chance to build Antarctic Expedition before China's Tientsin, that city does not look like it produces many shields/turn.

The AIs want so much for Nationalism, we should consider stealing it.

Top Bottom