LK166, Dutch, CCM, UN victory target

Early set teasers:

Best I can tell, we are the tech leader. We are at about the same point now that we were in last game.
Democracy helped a great deal. The tech I started studying (Mass Production) costs the same as Radio and I can complete it in 5 turns total. I think the next tech I study will put us on learning a tech every 4 turns and keep us in the lead.

Great to see us winning the wonder races on these.

I don't think we'll quite hit 4-turn research @ 10% science this game :cool:, but it seems like our nation is starting to come into its own.

Late set teasers:

We are now researching Early Tanks (18000 beakers) in 4 turns at 80% science rate.

Ford's Factory in Seaside? What absurd # of shields a turn now?

Ford's Factory in Seaside? What absurd # of shields a turn now?

:agree: A screenshot of the city screen of Seaside with the new production capacity would be nice.

At best, right now, Seaside Heights is only the second highest shield producer in the world.

Here is a city that produces more shields per turn than Seaside Heights, but only about 1/2 the commerce.

Holy crap! :eek: That´s not only a lot of production but also a lot of commerce in a game played on deity level. Jersey Joe, thank you very much for those nice screenshots. :goodjob:

Last teasers before report:

Since Moscow has the potential to build any Wonder, we will in counter, in 3 turns or less we need Seaside Heights to be able to produce 250 shields/turn to build 1000 shield Wonders in 4 turns.
Here is the start of getting Seaside Heights to 250+ shields/turn:

There is a Small Wonder in Dreadnoughts that if built in Seaside Heights will get it to around 252 shields/turn.

Continuing 1886 AD: So that I can easily tell them apart, I am changing Steamroller to Backhoe for “hybrid” Steamrollers (like the ones labeled “Austro-Hungarian”) since they only do ½ the work of a real Steamroller.

Circa 1886AD in LK165 I had success in stealing from the Vikings, so I give it a try and we obtain knowledge of Fascism. :dance:

Trade Fascism to Egypt for Marine Engineering and their world map.
Liege switches from building University to the Blue Riband Wonder (due in 3 turns).

Near Bremen, Lawyers kill 2 S. African Knights with trespassing lawsuits (2, 0). Near Aussig, Lawyer signs African Knight to preform in Pisae (3, 0); Lawyer kills African Knight (4, 0). Near Karakorum, Lawyers kill 3 S. African Knights (7, 0).

IBT: The Scandinavians start building the Blue Riband.
We lose our supply of Elephants.

1887 AD:
Near Karakorum, Lawyers kill 3 S. African Knights (10, 0) and sign one Knight to work for a Dutch Master (11, 0) and he joins Rembrandt. Missionary kills Crossbow (12, 0).

IBT: Our deal with Egypt for Spices expires. Renegotiated deal is we get Spices and send Egypt Camels, Gems, Dyes, and Furs.
We catch Russia trying to steal technology from us and then trying to planet a spy. :nono::yeah:

1888 AD:
Once again the Vikings fail to lock their doors and we steal Motorization from them.
Trade Naval Guns to Britain for their world map, 40 gold and 9 gpt.
Trade Napoleonic age to Brazil for 160 gold and 40 gpt.
Trade Explosives to Korea for their world map, 60 gold and 89 gpt.
Trade railroad to Japan for 15 gold and 11 gpt.
Trade Imperialism to Indo-China for 170 gold and 84 gpt.
Trade Industrialization to Poland for 130 gold and 117 gpt.
Trade Railroad to Persia for their world map, 19 gold and 8 gpt.
Trade Horses and Iron to Greece for 50 gold (hoping <pray> to keep them paying us 222 gpt).
Trade Exploration to Australia for 40 gold and 12 gpt.
Trade Mercantilism to Nubia for 80 gold and 56 gpt.
Trade Free Artistry to Turkey for their world map, 30 gold and 24 gpt.

Near Tabriz, Lawyers kill 2 S. African Knights (14, 0); Lawyer kills Crossbow (15, 0)

IBT: Liege builds Blue Riband.

1889 AD:
West of Prague, Lawyer has to resort to force when evicting a trespassing Russian Adventurer (16, 0) and we get a Great Leader. Leader rushes University in Salzburg.

Near Hovid: Lawyers sign 3 S. African Knights to acting contracts (18, 0) and kill 2 with paper work (20, 0).

IBT: USA wants to trade world maps (last time I agree to talk to a random request) instead I trade Feudalism to the USA for their world map, 14 gold and 3 gpt.

Seaside Heights completes ITC.

1890 AD:
Near van Gogh, Lawyer kills S. Africa Knight (21, 0).

1891 AD:
Near Hovd, Lawyer signs S. African Knight to movie contract (22, 0).

1892 AD:
North of Graz, Lawyer kills Chinese Napoleonic Camel Corp (23, 0) and we capture a supply shipment.
East of Bremen, Lawyer runs into S. Africa Bombard who was stalled on our rail line and signs the Bombard to preform the 1812 Overture (24, 0). :crazyeye:

IBT: Greece and Scandinavia sign peace treaty.
We lose our supply of Silks.

We learn the secrets of Mass Production. We we are the only ones that know it and based on last game I think I will have a Monopoly for 5-6 turns. In any event I am going to delay selling Mass Production until I have built Ford’s Factory. Hopefully, an Ai might start researching Dreadnoughts instead of Mass Production.

We start researching Early Tanks (due in 4) at 80% research rate. :)

1893 AD:
Trade Enlightenment to Canada for their world map and Silks.
Trade Exploration to Turkey for 49 gold and 36 gpt.

IBT: Egypt declares war on the Persians.
Greece signs a peace treaty with Russia.

1894 AD:
North of Hovd, we lose a Lawyer and a Partisan as we evict the last 4 S. African Knights in our territory by killing 2 and signing 2 to performance contracts (28, 2).
On the border of Hovd and Ulundi, Lawyers kill a S. African Pike and Numidian Mercenary (30, 2); Enslaver is killed by Crossbow (30, 3); Enslaver captures Crossbow and 2 Workers (31, 3).

IBT:
Seaside Heights build Ford's Factory

1895 AD
:
On the border of Hovd and Ulundi, Lawyer kills S. African Knight (31, 3).

IBT: I refuse to speak with Spain and Japan. :nono: Obviously, they want to beg for our help.

1896 AD:
We trade Fascism to Greece for their world map, 110 Gold, and 182 gpt.
We trade Mass Production to Scandinavia for 16550 gold.
We trade Mass Production to Inca/S. America for 13250 gold.
We trade Mass Production to China for 7725 gold.
We trade Motorization to Egypt for 70 gold and 59 gpt.
We trade Motorization to Russia for 360 gold and 159 gpt.
We trade Marine Engineering to Korea for 350 gold and 220 gpt.
We trade Explosives to Israel for 120 gold and 6 gpt.
We trade Marine Engineering to Maghreb for 390 gold and 127 gpt.
We trade Mercantilism to Australia/Oceania for 150 gold and 51 gpt.
We trade Fossil Energy to Nubia for 100 gold and 19 gpt.

IBT: We learn Early Tanks and start researching the principals of Flight.
Flight, like Early Tanks, costs 18000 beakers. The good news is that we only need 70% research to learn it in 4 turns. :w00t:

1897 AD: Workers continue to emphasize Irrigation plus building Roads and Railroads.
Our troops conduct military exercises along the border to prevent Chinese, Russian and Greek troops from traveling on our land.

IBT:
Army Headquarters built in Groningen and Great Refinery built in Seaside Heights. :cooool:

1898 AD:
Bad part about building Settlers in large population cities is all the Scientists get changed to Tax Collectors. :( Did I read that the Flintlock patch keeps the Scientist and does not change them? :confused:
I was building settlers in Brussels just about every turn to be merged in a deserving city and just kept the tax collectors because I was lazy and it did not impact the research turns.

Tanks are being produced in 4 of our cities with Barracks. When a Tank is built it then replaces a veteran Dragoon witch is disbanded for shields and to keep our Army size the same.

I have not upgraded any Riflemen. Instead, I spent the gold rushing Hospitals and other buildings to get us to 4 turns of study.

I think shield producing buildings should be the last thing we build, we should not build any more factories and we should not build a single Airport (there are some Small Wonders that will produce veteran Aircraft).

Notes:

• I think we can wait at least 5 more turns, before trading Early Tanks. With luck, the AI will have researched Dreadnoughts by then.
  • When we get Dreadnoughts I would build the Small Wonder in Super Dreadnoughts in Seaside Heights just to see how many Shields/turn we can have it producing by the end of the game.
  • Our research path should be Flight → Submarines → Dreadnoughts → Great War Experience → Interwar Period (build Hoover Dam) → and Onward to Nuclear Reactor (to build UN).
    • Learning Submarines (cannot trade) allows more time for the AI to learn Dreadnoughts.
      • Personally, I think the only time Submarines, or the National Sub Pen should be build is when we are playing an Always War scenario. However, if we are trying to get the Shield production/turn in Seaside Heights has large as possible we should build the National Sub Pen (increases shields by 25%) in Seaside Heights.
  • When the Great War Experience is learned, Seaside can build the Heavy Tank Plant which acts as a barracks and increases shields by 25%.
  • Getting Hoover Dam (800 shields)
    • Seaside Heights can use an Airport as prebuild.
      • If Seaside produces > 266 Shields/turn it can build Hoover Dam in 3 turns.
      • If Seaside produces < 267 Shields/turn it can build Hoover Dam in 4 turns.

Attachments

• LK166-1898AD.SAV
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Don't see much to say. We are in the easy phase with wars over. It is simply the time to keep plugging away. Hopefully workers will run out of tasks soon to speed up play.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe
Elephantium (up)
Greebley (on deck)

Goal is winning by UN vote.

Was there any gifting of cities (with say growth buildings or corruption reducing building) or luxuries to any desired research partners?

Was there any gifting of cities (with say growth buildings or corruption reducing building) or luxuries to any desired research partners?
Those sound more like Civ 4 strategies.

Besides, are desired research partners are those we :borg: assimilate. :D

I'm having trouble with the save. I hit end turn => game just kind of sits there. Not quite a freeze, I still hear the music, but I don't see any AI moves, and it sits until I get impatient enough to bring up Task Manager.

I'm having trouble with the save. I hit end turn => game just kind of sits there. Not quite a freeze, I still hear the music, but I don't see any AI moves, and it sits until I get impatient enough to bring up Task Manager.
Elephantium, may be you have done some changes in the game preferences, per example disable all game animations ?

Avoid task manager. If it is already up, it screws up Civ big time.

I didn't change any settings before hitting end turn. I didn't bring up Task Manager before the game froze, only to kill the process after it would hang.

Can anyone else cycle the turn?

I cannot cycle the turn with the save I uploaded and 2 intermediate saves I have from my last turn. I am going to recycle my penultimate turn and see if a "new" last turn will load.

I waited 30+ minutes, and it wouldn't advance to the next turn. Going to trying Flintlock patch next.

Top Bottom