LK166, Dutch, CCM, UN victory target

Oh I wasn't sure if we could do anything to get Russia and Inca away from 'Annoyed'. I have tried donating tech this game to Russia, but that won't improve our relations. I don't think we attacked the Incans so I think the war itself gives a negative you cannot get rid of?

We still have enough polite civs who I think do vote for us (IIRC) that we can ignore them.

1913 AD (0)
I'm not sure if war memorials are worth it. I'll leave them alone for now.
I do cancel Battlefield Medicine.

I am not going to build any more cities. We have more than enough to win.
(IT) I can tell we are at the late stages. It took a long time before coming up to pick a city build.

1914 AD (1)
I'm not going to try for optimized worker actions. I'm just going to find an undeveloped city and hit a bunch of the tiles around it. At this point, I don't think it is worth the time for perfect worker actions.

1915 AD (2)
You know you are near the end of the game when supply shipments become meaningless.

1916 AD (3)
Just more boring worker actions.
(IT) I've decided to stop building units to disband. At this point a few more buildings will most likely have no effect on ending the game. My main concern is least amount of time to play each turn.
Korea declares war on China.
Scandinavia declares war on Korea.
Australia finally built their special wonder needing mercantilism.

1917 AD (4)
WW2 ships complete in 14 turns just with scientists. Scientists are clearly helping keep us at cheap 4-turn science.
(IT) Inca and Greece sign a peace treaty.
There is lots of fighting between Korea and South Africa near Hlobane.

1918 AD (5)
Just continuing to try and complete cities development. I make a big dent on former Italy this year.
[End of session 1]
(IT) Brazil and China sign an MPP.
Brazil declares war on South Africa, Korea and Greece. Was that MPP worth it?
Hlobane continues to see fighting.

1919 AD (6)
I completed our line of troops along the south. I'm going to check around if there are any other open spots.
(IT) Furious South Africa wants an MPP. No way. I'm not getting dragged into your wars. I have no idea why they are furious with us.
South Africa slaughters Korea around Hlobane.
China and Greece sing a peace treaty.

1920 AD (7)
(IT) Poland and Maghreb sign a peace treaty.
Brazil was caught trying to plant a spy.

1921 AD (8)
I feel like I am playing whack-a-mole with worker actions. Every time it feels like I am getting close, I find another area needing lots of work.
(IT) South Africa and Korea sign a peace treaty.
Korea wants us to give them electricity for their WM. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1922 AD (9)
(IT) China declares war on Greece.

1923 AD (10)
I think worker actions are done. I'll let JJ have a second look in case I missed a spot or two.
[End of session 2]

Summary:
There is no reason to build any more cities. We have plenty enough to win the game.
I've done everything I can to make it quick turns. Most cities are building wealth. I hope all worker actions are done.

At this point we pretty much need to click through until United Nations is close to building. At this point I'll want to research as much as possible how to optimize getting the vote. I'd really like to record a diplomatic victory for the CCM series. Diplomatic victory will be one and done.
Next up is conquest, the only other victory type not completed in the CCM run.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe (up)
Elephantium (on deck)
Greebley

Goal is winning by UN vote.

Attachments

• LK166-1923AD.SAV
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
There is no reason to build any more cities. We have plenty enough to win the game.
I've done everything I can to make it quick turns. Most cities are building wealth. I hope all worker actions are done.

At this point we pretty much need to click through until United Nations is close to building.
I agree. I will look around to see if any fat crosses need a tile or 2 improved. To reduce what we pay for excess troops I am going to merge most of our Steamrollers into cities and only keep 50 to use in case of attack.

What about Conquest on a small map (130x130) with fewer opponents?

I got it.

What about Conquest on a small map (130x130) with fewer opponents?

I had a lot of fun with CCM 2 games on 180x180 maps and 24 civs and the following settings:

180x180 and 24 civs.jpg

The late game turns are much shorter compared to games with 31 civs and the biggest map size.

Once LK167 is ready to start for conquest, we can talk map parameters.
One thought I had is Pangaea to minimize the island hopping.

Continuing 1923 AD: Since we are basically at the “hit enter” stage, I am going to refuse all requests made between turns for an audience.
I started a set of turns in 1923 AD in LK-165. At that time we were at war with the Lowlands. :lol: LK-165 we were about to learn Improved Tank Design a few techs ahead of this game.

Before I get tired of long turns, I decide to build a railnet along our border so our troops are stationed on a rail line.

IBT: India declares war on the Poles.
On the border south of Pompeii, out Tank kills an Invisible Unit (1, 0)
A Russian Settler guarded by an Adventurer moves onto hills next to our border west of Aussig.

1924 AD: We send a Lawyer to investigate to Settler noted above. The Lawyer buries the Adventurer in paperwork and we end up with the settler becoming a slave (2, 0).

IBT: Scandinavia and Korea sign peace treaty/

1925 AD:
Trade Imperialism to Canada for 140 gold and 212 gpt.
Trade Nationalism to Indo-China for 360 gold and 168 gpt.
Trade Nationalism to Poland for 120 gold and 163 gpt.
Trade Communism to Maghreb for 180 gold and 61 gpt.
Trade Steel to Persia for 30 gold.
Trade Free Artistry to India for 17 gold and 19 gpt.
Trade Steam Power to Arabia for 170 gold and 87 gpt.
Trade Mass Production to Greece for 40 gold and 245 gpt.

IBT: China and Korea sign a peace treaty.
Canada no longer wants us to send them Horses.
Our Silver deal with Oceania expires.
China declares war on Korea. :crazyeye:
Russia builds a city near our borders, southwest of Prague.

1926 AD:
I build Embassies in Indo-China and Maghreb. We now have Embassies in every country.

Trade Coffee to S. America for 385 gold. They stay annoyed with us.
Trade Enlightenment to Australia for Silver, 80 gold and 1 gpt.
Trade Napoleonic Age to S. Africa for 88 gpt. Why they are furious with us?

To see what happens:
Gift the Greeks Incense. They go from cautious to polite.
Gift Scandinavia Camels. They stay polite.
Gift Russia Gold. They go from annoyed to cautious.
Gift Spain Elephants. They stay polite.

IBT: Egypt and Maghreb sign peace treaty.

1927 AD:
In response to Russia troops moving around near the Prague border, I reinforce the border guard there.

IBT: Southwest of Pompeii, Tank killed by (Korean ?) Partisan (2, 1).

1928 AD:
Southwest of Pompeii, eCamel Corp kills Partisan (3, 1). I had a hard time finding any elite troops. :confused:
West of Zwolle, Partisan kills Chinese Infantry and captures a Settler (4, 1).

Gift Japan Camels. They stay polite.

1929 AD: Nothing to report. :sleep:

IBT: Marine Corps training facility built in ter Brugghen.

1930 AD - 1932 AD: Nothing to report. :sleep:

IBT: Inca/S. America declares war on the British. The mpps kick in. :eek: :shake: The result is a world war, :yup: with most if not all of the ai countries at war with each other.

Where is the UN when needed? :dunno:

1933 AD: see notes

Notes:
  • We have 1613 railroaded and 2 roaded land tiles being worked. Zero (0) unroaded land tiles are being worked.
    • The reason for 2 roaded tiles not being railroaded is to keep the food produced an even number.
  • We need to learn 7 more techs to be able to build the UN.
    • Six (6) techs in this Age and 1 tech (Nuclear Reactor) in the Atomic Age.
  • Inca/S, America is the civ closest to us in tech known. We know 4+ techs more than they do.
  • Seaside Heights has the Dive Bomber School which acts as an Airport. Also, Hamburg has the Heavy Fighter plant which acts as an Airport.
    • I think we should build the Ministry of Defense in Hamburg, which is why I built the Heavy Fighter plant there.
  • My last turn took about 15 minutes from the time I “hit enter” in 1932 AD till I was ready to hit enter in 1933 AD.

Attachments

• LK166-1933AD.SAV
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Here is out most populous city where the Scientists out number the farmers:

The heart of our Nation in 1933 AD:

At this point we pretty much need to click through until United Nations is close to building. At this point I'll want to research as much as possible how to optimize getting the vote. I'd really like to record a diplomatic victory for the CCM series. Diplomatic victory will be one and done.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe
Elephantium (up)
Greebley (on deck)

Pre-turn:

A round of MM lets me get the science slider to 30%, MW still due in 4. I also queue up happy buildings in a bunch of places.

I upgrade all of our coastal batteries to flying boats.

IBT:

Japan and Incas sign MPP.
Incas go to war with Egypt.
Maghreb declares war on the Brazilians.
USA does, too.
Meanwhile, Korea and Greece make peace.

Invisible Korean unit dies on one of our tanks. Sounded like a Lawyer.

Scandinavia declares on Indochina!
Australia declares on Persia!

T1: I spend some time moving troops and tweaking builds for more happy faces.

IBT:

Japan declares on Egypt.
Australia joins the fray against South America.

T2: The biggest thing is swapping tiles between Vienna and Triest :)

IBT: Zzz... there's a long wait after I cycle through cities before I get control back. Also,

sg_31_1660AD.jpg

T3: More of the same.

IBT: Mobile Warfare -> Improved Tankdesign
Russia tries to plant a spy with us.
Japan declares on Britain!

T4: Rush a couple of builds. I decommission a few ships towards that end. Our unit support costs should be slightly less now :)

IBT:

Nubia goes to war with South Africa!
Japan declares on Nubia!
Indochina and Maghreb sign peace.
Russia declares on China!
Britain promptly declares on Russia.
Britain declares on Greece.

T5: I find a bunch of fortified troops near the Russian border, so I redeploy them, shuffling our border line and disbanding some troops towards Universities.

IBT:

Israel declares on South America.
Japan responds by declaring on Israel.
China and Southern Africa sign peace.

T6: Not many builds to short-rush this time :)

IBT:

Egypt and Persia sign peace.
Egypt re-declares on Persia! :crazyeye:
India and Russia sign MPP
So do Arabia and Russia
Russia declares on Poland! In 1939.

T7, 1940 AD: Zzz...for us at least...

IBT:

Scandinavia and China sign peace.
Russian Partisan dies on one of our border tanks.

Improved Tankdesign > Rocketry
Arabia declares on Poland.

T8: Zzz...

IBT:

China and USA sign peace.
India declares on China!
So does Arabia!

Long pause right after I see "Marine Corps in ter Brugghen has produced a Marine."

T9: Grassy Valley grew, so I clear pollution on the volcano N of the city.

IBT:

Greece and South America sign MPP.
USA and China sign MPP.
USA declares on Russia! They're feeling their Wheaties, aren't they?
USA also declares on Korea!

South America declares war on Scandinavia.
Propaganda in Vienna.
USA declares on Maghreb.
Greece declares on Israel and on Nubia.

Volcano near Amiens erupts!

T10 (1943 AD):

I move our guys back from the northern volcano. No need to tempt fate...

sg_32_1700AD.jpg

sg_33_1700AD.jpg

sg_34_1700AD.jpg

sg_35_1700AD.jpg

Attachments

• LK166-1943AD.SAV
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
Summary:

ROSTER:
LKendter (on deck)
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Greebley (up)

At this point we pretty much need to click through until United Nations is close to building. Goal is winning by UN vote.

This means "clicking through" for 5 techs. I am reflecting about adding a second "diplomacy-victory-building" in era 3, as it is the League of Nations in RARR, coming with Tech Great War Experience and soon becoming obsolete with Tech Interwar Period. :think:

1944 AD: The rampaging South Americans destroy the British vote.
1945 AD: Build Ministry of defense.
1949 AD: Start research of Wonder Weapons.
1951 AD: Rampaging Egyptians remove Indo-China from the voting pool.
1953 AD: Start research on unclear weapons.
I think I started a small wonder build in Seaside but forgot to note it down.

Notes:
I think we are 8 turns away to getting the tech for UN. Right beforehand I think we should make an effort to get annoyed civs to polite using gifts if we want to maximize our vote. I think gifting one tech a time is best.
Right now Russia (annoyed) is second in power/score so our runoff candidate. I think only Korea and South Africa won't vote for us (annoyed) - I sort of recall that 'polite' is enough to get a vote. However check their status the turn before as sometimes they move off of polite.

I did some railing but not on the last turn so the worker units are all fortified.
Most towns have all improvements and are on wealth. 3 with vet units are building infantry - I was putting 2 per city. 12 didn't have all culture improvements so are rushing those - mostly because I don't like just hitting enter and doing nothing. They can be set back to wealth or finish off the missing buildings as the next player chooses.
I did build one town to plug a hole as I did not want a foreign settler to land and give us unfavorable relations - I think too close neighbors or invisible unit attacks are what move an AI toward annoyed.

LK166-1953.png

Attachments

• LK166-1953AD.SAV
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
think we are 8 turns away to getting the tech for UN. Right beforehand I think we should make an effort to get annoyed civs to polite using gifts if we want to maximize our vote. I think gifting one tech a time is best.
Right now Russia (annoyed) is second in power/score so our runoff candidate. I think only Korea and South Africa won't vote for us (annoyed) - I sort of recall that 'polite' is enough to get a vote. However check their status the turn before as sometimes they move off of polite.
:thumbsup: You are correct :yup: 2 techs Nuclear Bomb then Nuclear Reactor in the Atomic age. We can only gift techs we can trade, so we might not be able to gift Korea techs. However we can gift Resources and Luxuries (e.g. gifting Russia Saltpeter moved them from annoyed to cautious). It probably will take a few trades to move a civ from annoyed to polite.

How long after we build the UN do we have to wait for a UN vote? :confused:

If we have to wait less then 10 turns for a UN vote, I want to swap with Elephatium.

A cheesy way to win is to go to war with your UN opponent the turn before the vote and sign everyone to MA against them. Cheesy, but it guarantees the diplomatic win.

Top Bottom