LK166, Dutch, CCM, UN victory target

The 'cheesy way' is good if you have angered everyone, but in this game they are almost universally 'polite'. I believe we will already win just by holding the vote.
Paying them each 10 gold before the vote probably would help improve their attitude. Or 100 gold. I'd go with 100 gold looking at the enormous amount of gold of this empire. Unless CCM has different coding for AI attitude than classic civ III, I suppose... but that would definitely surprise me if some mod change, altered how AI attitude works. I would guess that testing the effects of gold gifting isn't too difficult.

It is time to figure out optimizing the vote.

ROSTER:
LKendter (skip - out of action until the end of the month)
Jersey Joe (up)
Elephantium (on deck)
Greebley

Goal is winning by UN vote.

I got it.

:hmm: When does the first chance for a UN vote occur? :confused: How many turns later is there a second chance for the UN vote? :dunno:

lurker: In the regular game you can hold the vote the same turn the UN is built, and if you don't, the opportunity recurs every 11 turns; I assume it's the same in CCM?

lurker: In the regular game you can hold the vote the same turn the UN is built, and if you don't, the opportunity recurs every 11 turns; I assume it's the same in CCM?
Thank you for the information. :hatsoff:

Ir probably works the same in CCM, but I can test it using LK165. Though I am only going test to see if the vote occurs when the UN is built (it would take about 3 hours to play 11 turns just hitting enter).

I made one test some time ago when I reemplanted that victory type to CCM 2 (after renaming the leaders to Leader US, Leader Fr and so on to avoid an election leader vs. leader) and it worked like in the unmodded game. This is no surprise, as in the mechanics of that victory type nothing was changed (only in the naming of the leaders).

Continuing 1953 AD: New policy for this turn set only: All requests made between turns for an audience will be granted and, except for renewing contracts for Luxury resources, I am just going to gift the supplicant 100 gold and send then home still wearing their head. :lol:
We currently have 790 Scientists working for us.

1954 AD: :sleep:

IBT: Canada declares war on the Australia and the Israel.
Inca/S. America declares war on the Egyptians.

1955 AD: Lawyer kills Spanish Camel Corp who trespassed (1, 0).
Lawyer signs Russian (?) Lawyer to an acting contract (2, 0).

IBT: S. Africa declares war on Scandinavia.
Canada declares war on the Nubians.
Japan and Israel sign a peace treaty.
USA and Korea sign a peace treaty.
China declares war on S. America.

1956 AD: Time to play Santa :xmas: and begin compiling a naughty and nice list.

Russia is annoyed. :sad:

Scandinavia is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Egypt is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Inca/S. America is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
China is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Greece is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
USA is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Korea is cautious. I gift them Saltpeter and they become polite. :)

S. Africa is annoyed. :sad: I gift them Nationalism and they stay annoyed. Guess they are a lost cause. :dunno:

Japan is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Brazil is polite. I gift them 100 gold.

Spain is cautious. I gift them Nationalism and they remain cautious. :sad:

Israel is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Maghreb is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Poland is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Persia is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Aztecs/Mexico is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
India is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Australia/Oceania is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Arabia is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Nubia is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Turkey is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Canada is polite. I gift them 100 gold.

IBT: USA and Scandinavia sign a peace treaty.
Persia declares war on Canada.
Inca/S. America and Israel sign peace treaty.

We learn how to build “the bomb” and enter the atomic age. We begin refining our understanding of Nuclear Reactors and will be able to start building the UN in 4 turns. (In LK165, we started researching Nuclear Reactors in 1944 after first learning Focused Research).

1957 AD:
Korea remains polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Spain remains cautious. I gift them Elephants and they become polite. :clap:

IBT: Maghreb declare war on the Chinese.
I grant Brazil-Portugal an audience. They want to trade me their world map for our world map and Electricity. :crazyeye: I decline and gift them our world map.

1958 AD: :sleep:

IBT: I grant Canada an audience. They want to trade me their territory map for our territory map and 3 gold. I accept their offer.
I grant USA an audience. Even though lincoln insults us, [pissed] claiming we have little knowledge of the world, I accept his offer to trade world maps.

USA and Egypt sign a peace treaty.
Arabia and Maghreb sign a peace treaty.
Canada declares war on the Chinese.
Turkey declares war on the Chinese.
Poland and Russia sign a peace treaty.
Russia wants us to gift them Oil. :gripe: We are only 4-5 turns away from a UN victory, so I give them the Oil. :dubious: This changes Russia from Annoyed to Polite. :wow: :clap:
S. Africa declares war on the Chinese.
USA declares war on S. Africa.
Persia declares war on S. America.

Manhattan Project.png

1959 AD:
Russia remains polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Korea remains polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Spain remains polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Promoting the movie “Go, Johnny Go!” :band: 4 Rock & Roll stars preform in Veil giving it over 10000 in culture :smug: and expanding it to a 5 ring city.

IBT: Aztec/Mexico declares war on Egypt.
Persia declares war on Aztec/Mexico.
Poland Maghreb sign peace treaty.
I grant Korea an audience. They want us to sign an MPP and give the a Right of Passage. :thumbsdown: Attempting to keep Korea polite, :rolleyes: I ignore both their insolence and request, and let the ambassador keep his head (on his shoulders). Instead, I gift them 100 gold.:yup:

1960 AD
Spain looks like it wants to commit suicide and attack us. :nono: I have been beefing up defense along the Southern border to keep them from attacking. This turn I committed all of our cities with barracks, except Seaside Heights, to building Mobile Infantry.

Russia is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Scandinavia is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Egypt is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Inca/S. America is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
China is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Greece is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
USA is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Korea is cautious. I gift them 100 gold.
Japan is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Brazil is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Spain is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Israel is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Maghreb is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Poland is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Persia is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Aztecs/Mexico is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
India is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Australia/Oceania is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Arabia is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Nubia is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Turkey is polite. I gift them 100 gold.
Canada is polite. I gift them 100 gold.

S. Africa is furious. :eek: I make no attempt to pacify them. I wonder if the Lowlands are their worst enemy owing to early Dutch Settlements in S. Africa :confused:

Elephantium, you are up a few turns from the UN Vote. :high5:

I know you are aware of this, but a reminder cannot hurt. If Spain (or S. Africa) declares war on us, only attack enemy troops that are inside our borders. (It is also safe to attack in neutral territory but I would avoid it.)

Notes:
  • I confirmed (using LK165) that the United Nation’s first vote takes place on the turn the UN is built. Results are given right after the vote.
  • I started the airport prebuild in Seaside Heights late on purpose. I was thinking that we might need the time to get nations to polite (very bad guess)
  • It will take Seaside Heights 3 turns in total to build the UN. The vote should occur in 1963.

Attachments

• LK166-1960AD.SAV
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
It is time to cast the vote.

ROSTER:
LKendter (skip - out of action until the end of the month)
Jersey Joe
Elephantium (up)
Greebley (hopefully, not on deck)

Goal is winning by UN vote.

My guess at why S Africa is furious is that we have a town that is keeping them from using all 20 squares around their city. I was thinking we might as well give them tech one at a time and see if they can become polite, but only right before the vote - At least I don't see a downside to doing so. We could also try disbanding the one problem town, but I doubtful that would help.
----
I was thinking about the next game and the flintlock patch. I think it might be best if we get one version of the executable that Civintator recommends and then pass it around so we are all playing the same game. I mean I am sure we have bought civ often enough that one of us isn't 'stealing' the game (I have personally 3 versions; initial release, civ complete, civ on steam) myself. If we each try to patch we run the risk of different players playing a different version. I mean it is already done with antal version since you can't run the game without the initial data.

Does anyone object to this?

I was thinking about the next game and the flintlock patch. I think it might be best if we get one version of the executable that Civintator recommends and then pass it around so we are all playing the same game. I mean I am sure we have bought civ often enough that one of us isn't 'stealing' the game (I have personally 3 versions; initial release, civ complete, civ on steam) myself. If we each try to patch we run the risk of different players playing a different version. I mean it is already done with antal version since you can't run the game without the initial data.

Does anyone object to this?
We can download the patch from here and then verify we are all using the same version number of the patch.

We should post the text from the Flintlock file named: "default.c3x.config.ini" . This would insure we are all using the same settings. However, the "ini" file might become part of the save game file. I do not think it becomes part of the save file. I will test to see if I can change options after playing a few turns.

Actually, I would like to use some of the settings that are not on by default (e.g. disallow_trespassing = false) and maybe adjust other options. We should discuss what settings we want to have in effect.

I have no issues switching to Flintlock patch for the next game. I do agree it would make sense to all have the .ini the same.

Pre-turn:

I don't look around as much as I usually do, considering how close we are to the end of the game.

IBT:

Australia declares on Russia!
USA and S America sign peace

S Africa wants MPP + RoP. I grant them the RoP but not the MPP. Now they're simply Annoyed instead of Furious.

Brazil and Greece sign peace.
Nuclear Reactor > Focused Research

Scandinavia tries to plant a spy.

T1, 1961 AD:

Seaside Heights switches to the UN; due in 2.

Frankfurt grew; now it's shrinking :eek:

I dial up all our AI friends. Southern Africa is Annoyed. We give them Gems for no improvement.
Everyone else is Polite.

IBT:

Greece declares war on Brazil. Peace was nice while it lasted.
Nubia and Greece sign peace.

T2, 1962 AD:

I talk to the AI tribes again. Southern Africa is still Annoyed, so I give them Marine Engineering. Still Annoyed.
Everyone else is still Polite.

IBT:

Japan wants to trade WMs, and they want us to throw in Marine Engineering to boot. Sure! Why not?

sg_36_1768AD.jpg

sg_37_1770AD.jpg

sg_38_1770AD.jpg

sg_39_1770AD.jpg

sg_41_1770AD.jpg

Game freezes after the last picture.

Congrats everyone! There's another VC checked off in CCM :lol::love::king: :dance:

Attachments

• LK166-1962AD-end.SAV
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
:thumbsup: I cannot recall ever having seen UN vote results in civ3 before. :) Did anyone expect the vote would be that close (14 - 10)?

Nice to wrap it up, and get another victory type down.
Once I am back from vacation we can start talking about LK167

Congratulations to the team! :thumbsup: When looking at the voting result, it can be, that belonging to the same culture group had an influence to the result. On the other side, what have you done to Scandinavia, as they voted for Egypt ?

:thumbsup: I cannot recall ever having seen UN vote results in civ3 before. :) Did anyone expect the vote would be that close (14 - 10)?
I am definitely surprised. It might be the difficulty level because my memory was polite was sufficient to win. However, I know relations are harder at deity and this game seemed to show that there are different levels of 'polite' as some remained polite forever while for others they slipped out. So If Egypt started at a high level of polite then maybe we needed to give more gifts even when polite?

I certainly hadn't played a deity UN vote with this many players before where we let the vote ride.

Top Bottom