LK167, Spain, CCM, Conquest victory

This is a crazy pace for wrapping things up. I can't believe there are only 6 civs left. It looks like we are down to the headache of island hoping.

I can't believe I have just one set left. If it even makes it back to me. :lol:

ROSTER:
LKendter (on deck)
Jersey Joe
Elephantium
Greebley (up)

Any city we keep past the choke point should cash rush combat settlers. Please limit the number of settlers from the core.

@Civinator : I noticed I could build Luxury Liners in any city, but the 'pedia says they should only be auto-produced by the Blue Riband.
Elephantium, thank you for the report, but there must be something wrong in your biq. The Luxury Liner needs the special resource "Gamemechanics", an era-none resource that no civ has any access to. The reason for this setting is, that a unit, that only can be gained by autoproduction, with this method can be seen in the box of the techtree.

Luxury Liner.jpg

I checked the .biq. Gamemechanics is marked.

I can't explain the luxury liner comment.

Strange, my conquests.biq matches the conquests.biq from CCM2.50, dated Dec 20, 2019. We've noted some other oddities in this game (like not being able to join supply wagons to the capital). Perhaps they're related? Or maybe it has to do with Flintlock patch settings?

:goodjob: Five (5) Rivals eliminated! :thumbsup:
We Settler-abandon Imn8 Hobart, The Hot Gates, More Sparthage, Nazareth, and Oracle
Production in Fort Cesare sabotaged.
I first read this as "Oracle Production" in Fort Cesare was sabotaged. :eek: :confused: Then realized it was 2 sentences. :lol:
Oh, for some reason I can't settle tactical cities next to AI cities. Oh, well.
This is a feature controlled by the Flintlock Patch .ini file.
I noticed I could build Luxury Liners in any city, but the 'pedia says they should only be auto-produced by the Blue Riband.
I checked in LK166 and we cannot build Luxury Liners in any city including the city that built the Blue Riband.

:goodjob: Five (5) Rivals eliminated! :thumbsup:

I first read this as "Oracle Production" in Fort Cesare was sabotaged. :eek: :confused: Then realized it was 2 sentences. :lol:

:rotfl:

I like to name tactical cities in a way that relates to their target -- Oracle => Delphi, United => Manchester, etc :)

This is a feature controlled by the Flintlock Patch .ini file.

I checked in LK166 and we cannot build Luxury Liners in any city including the city that built the Blue Riband.

This is so weird! This series has had a few quirks. I think we should validate our settings before the next CCM+Flintlock game.

This is so weird! This series has had a few quirks. I think we should validate our settings before the next CCM+Flintlock game.

I've finally found a copy of the previous .BIQ and I am testing now. So far supply caravans have worked. Still need to verify map trading, steam engines and now luxury liners.

I've finally found a copy of the previous .BIQ and I am testing now. So far supply caravans have worked. Still need to verify map trading, steam engines and now luxury liners.
Attached is a Debug version of the CCM 2.50 download biq.

The most possible error for the luxury liner in your current biq could be, that the gamemechanics resource was made available to the players by a not wanted change of the prerequisite tech and a landterrain. Considering your problems with the luxury liner you should have a look, if the gamemechanics resource is appearing in the strategic (or luxury) box in the city screen of a city, that can produce this unit. I cannot do this myself without big switches in CCM my files, as I have installed the files for the next version of CCM and try to avoid such "mix-ups".

Gamemechanics.jpg

I attache a CCM 2.50 download biq in Debug mod to this post. If you want the original download biq, you only have to do a CCM 2.50 download again.

Attachments

• conquests-DownloadCCM2.50-Debug.zip
    129.3 KB · Views: 15
We had the mystery pollution square last time. In my game retesting the .BIQ I saw it happen. Somehow a city has 1 smokestack despite CCM setting the no pollution flag with multiple buildings.

If I had the "wrong"/different-from-the-team biq, would that explain the anomalies? I thought this type of thing would only show for creating games, not continuing a save...

Attached is a Debug version of the CCM 2.50 download biq.

I attache a CCM 2.50 download biq in Debug mod to this post. If you want the original download biq, you only have to do a CCM 2.50 download again.
Super strange, that file is 143 KB vs. 1059 KB for the conquests-ccm.biq I've been using.

Super strange, that file is 143 KB vs. 1059 KB for the conquests-ccm.biq I've been using.
Civinator's uploaded file is a zip file.

I wonder if changing the flintlock patch ini file right now would be reflected in the current game?

When we start the next game will we be using the latest version of the flintlock patch?

When we start the next game will we be using the latest version of the flintlock patch?

It would make sense to make sure we all have the latest version of Flintlock

I continue to look at the old .BIQ. Map traiding works correctly. Now steam engines and luxury liners to test.

If I had the "wrong"/different-from-the-team biq, would that explain the anomalies? I thought this type of thing would only show for creating games, not continuing a save...

I made a download of the CCM 2.50 files where the biq of this version is still included. Indeed this biq has a size of 1059 KB. At present I don´t know, why the biq in Debug mod is so much smaller. In both biqs the "compress bic option" is enabled.

I attache the biq of the CCM 2.50 download (not in Debug mode) with the size 1059 KB to this post.

Attachments

• conquests.zip
    119.5 KB · Views: 12
Preturn: Attempt to plant spies. End up at war with Mongols.
Send more troops toward South Africa as we have 2 ships that can move. Also steal South Africa plans. This is their capital, Zimbabwe.
LK167_AD1150.png

IBT: Attack by Vikings on city nearly kills all the units in there.

1160 AD: More Shiploads of troops for Vikings. Land 32 troops near Zimbabwe. Will see how it goes.
Start moving ships to Veii to reach Turkey and Magreb. I also am moving the attack for Brazilia/Mongols so I hit the Mongols first since we are already at war.
Build 12 Airfields so I can automatically transfer 12 Infantry units without needing boats.

1170 AD: Went up to 27 airfield and shipped defenders to South Africa and Viking fronts. Also sent over Tanks but the they did not do well against the def 5 defenders in the city. Several kills but not good odds like defense.
Created 60 partisans to I will have more variety in attack ability. That is about all I can afford.

IBT: Gain Leader on defense near South Africa.

1180 AD: Use leader on fortifications since I am still defending.

IBT: Loss of units except for the machine gunner on one square near Vikings. They still have a lot of units, but many are now injured.

1190 AD: For Linkoping we finally have sufficient units to clear the city and capture it (had a wonder). To do so I sent 24 Partisans and 28 hotchkiss and used about 80% of them . Looking more closely we can disband later as the wonder is obsolete. Continue to send units via airports we can send around 30 a turn now.

Sent 32 Partisans to South Africa.

1200 AD: Partisans are able to take out Zimbabwe. All the injured units gives us about as many Partisans back as we lost. Also use a combat settler and a new landing of tanks to raze Capetown.

Land 72 units (including workers and Steam Rollers) in Mongol territory on the island shared by the Mongol and Brazil.

Send 8 Partisans to the size 2 island Owned by Magreb. The second square is a mountain so I am hoping to land and claim the Mountain rather than need to an amphibious Assault. This is near the Viking island.

Also launch new and Italian forces toward Turkey.

1210 AD: Capture Stockholm losing 2 Tanks.
Capture Mongol Porto Alegre.
Land on Turkish Island.
Land on Mountain on Magreb size 2 island. Check Magreb Army size and 8 Partisans likely cannot take out Magreb. Need more Partisans for that.
On South African Island we capture Pretoria.

IBT: Linkoping deposes us.

1220 AD: Turkey - we raze Uskadar (I think, I razed before writing down).

Scandanavia: Capture Norrkoping and Goteburg - there are cities beyond them. Capture Linkoping. Raze Koping or something like that. Raze Orebro

Magreb has 2 cities. We drop off 8 more Partisans near 2 square island capital. May have enough now.

South Africa: Raze Johanessburg and
LK167_AD1220.png

Mongol city of Ulaanbaatar is captured.

IBT: Turkey does not go for our Airports with large number of units. Instead it moves a large number of units toward our town.

Another amphibious assault by the AI (Magreb). Only one unit though

1230 AD:
Magreb: Our 16 Partisans are sufficient with several to spare. We capture Theveste (I captured to keep the AI off, though could abandon city if we are higher than 40%.

Vikings: Raze final cities and:
LK167_AD1230a.png

Turkey: Captured Endrine. Large stack near our town Burgos on the Turkish island.
LK167_AD1230b.png

I use our units to whittle it down but it still has nearly 50 units.

Capture Daidu from the Mongols. Move units to attack Karakorum next turn.

Notes:
Only 8 turns but I have run out of time this weekend so will pass it on for the last turn set. At a guess there is 5 turns left to the game.

I didn't fortify the workers, but could have. I was thinking the Workers on the Viking island are done and could build airports to airlift units from the Viking island. Some of the ones on the mainland could be made into Partisans. I have been doing this as funds permit. Magreb actually gave us more cash, but not a lot.

I think Turkey will attack the city next turn and shouldn't be able to take it. If they decide on attacking Edrine instead, I think we will still hold with 9 defenders but it is not certain.

For Turkey, I did not realize they would have so many fast units ahead of time - no horses but a harder to see Camel meant many attack 3 Camel Riders. Because of this I really stripped our home continent of defenders. We are therefore building some defenders, but mostly the older hotchkiss because they can be airlifted and have speed 2.

Once Turkey is under control we need to send a boat to the nearby Island with the last Magreb city.
lk167_AD1230c.png

We have also not declared war on Brazil. They share the mongol island. There is also a nearby island with one city on it so I rushed a steamer in Ulaanbaatar.
lk167_AD1230d.png

Attachments

• LK167-1230AD.SAV
    590.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Got it

Top Bottom