LK168, Greece, Sid Attempt

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
This is the planning thread to pick the LK168 goal. With conquest in LK167, all victory types have been completed. :)

I want to finish testing the recovered .BIQ before starting this one. So far I have verified supply caravans, map trading and steam engines in any cities. I still want to test the luxury liner situation.

AWM - you should know the drill by now. I have figured out why certain games fail early with spotting just 1 civ. Some of the civs get more extra settlers than most. I now understand why it takes several tries to get a good start.

Communist space - I want to see if this can be done. I suspect a lot more conquest will be needed.

Sid attempt - this would be a one and done simply to see if it is possible. With all the extras civs get above deity I suspect keeping up with tech with be very difficult.

I'm open to other ideas.

I want to finish testing the recovered .BIQ before starting this one. So far I have verified supply caravans, map trading and steam engines in any cities. I still want to test the luxury liner situation.
Are you using release 13 of the flintlock patch? C3X release 13

Signing in for LK168.

I like the Idea of a Communist Space race. How about we use Russia but rename ourselves the USSR.

I also like the idea of a Sid attempt, but maybe wait till Civinator has finished his update of CCM?

How about we try for a victory in less turns than LK167?
Keep the same map size but 70% water and go for a domination victory? Maybe use France?

I also like the idea of a Sid attempt, but maybe wait till Civinator has finished his update of CCM?

I don't want to up to a new CCM version and learning the changes on top of Sid.

AWM - LKendter, Jersey Joe, Elephantium
Communist space - LKendter, Jersey Joe, Elephantium
Sid attempt - LKendter, Jersey Joe, Elephantium I won't do this with the new CCM version. The new CCM version game will be a just win game to understand the changes.
Small world domination - Jersey Joe, Elephantium This would be really quick. We were at ~40% at the end with lots of disband. I have a feeling it could be done before 1000 AD. I had no idea that conquest game would be so short with the small map.

Sid attempt - LKendter, Jersey Joe, Elephantium I won't do this with the new CCM version. The new CCM version game will be a just win game to understand the changes.
Small world domination - Jersey Joe, Elephantium This would be really quick. We were at ~40% at the end with lots of disband. I have a feeling it could be done before 1000 AD. I had no idea that conquest game would be so short with the small map.
Since the Sid Attempt should be on the current version of CCM lets do it. My preference is to be the French.

As an alternative, how about a Sid attempt on a Map 180x180 continents 70% water (for a little more space) age 3 or 4 billion years and we are the French?

Why France?

Sid attempt - LKendter, Jersey Joe (preferred), Elephantium I won't do this with the new CCM version. The new CCM version game will be a just win game to understand the changes.

Mainly, because of when France gets its "golden age" wonder and free barracks. Also, the commerce trait is nice.

I just thought of this: Given about where we get to in the tech tree in domination games, we might not even want to switch to communism.

when France gets its "golden age" wonder and free barracks
Yeah, this looks powerful to cover that awkward phase after Castles are obsolete but we have to wait until Fascism or Communism get researched.

Scandinavia overlaps a bit, losing the free Barracks with Explosives, but that's a much shorter wait than most civs have.

The next version of CCM 2.50 still needs a lot of time, especially with all the new civilopedia entries. So in the shown screenshots of era 1 and 2 of the next version it seems that there wouldn´t be such a lot of changes, there are massive changes "under the surface" of those techtrees. Per example the complete system of civspecific buildings, including the GWs triggering the Golden Age for a civ, and big parts of the religious system are reworked.

If wanted for your next succession game, I can post you a CCM 2.50 biq from the original download with some added changes that you request (per example map trading with a certain tech).

Thank you Civinator for the above information.

Based on Civinator's post, I do not feel an urgency to finish the next game or 2. SO will I am still for any of the choices Lee listed, I now think we should only use France if we are trying for a fast dominaton victory on an 180 x 180 map.

In any game I would like to play a civ that we have not yet used in the CCM series.

My first choice is to attempt Sid on a 250 x250 map. I would like to play as the USA for this attempt since their "golden age" wonder requires knowledge of Democracy to build. I think the USA was last used in LK51

Sid attempt(standard 250x250) - LKendter (preferred), Jersey Joe (preferred), Elephantium

Are we switching to release 13 of the Flint Patch?
Also,are we going to make changes to the default Flintlock ini file? e.g. change "disallow_founding_next_to_foreign_city = true" to false ?

As of now looking as Sid game next. Still waiting for Greebley to confirm interest. I also need to finish testing the .BIQ for the luxury liner issue. Supply shipments, maps, and steam engine verify acting correctly.

As of now looking as Sid game next. Still waiting for Greebley to confirm interest. I also need to finish testing the .BIQ for the luxury liner issue. Supply shipments, maps, and steam engine verify acting correctly.
Sounds good. I am about to install flintlock patch revision 13 with default settings.

Two reasons I had for mentioning changing "disallow_founding_next_to_foreign_city = true" to false are that I like to build temporary cities next to the enemy city I am attacking. Then some wounded troops can heal a turn quicker and it gives me more chances to use artillery or blitz attacks.

This .BIQ is good. I completed Blue Ribband and I still can't build luxury liners.

I'm reading to start once Greebley confirms interest.

4000 BC (0)
So far we have played 12 unique civs. There are still quite a few that are not played. I'm intentionally picking a unique civ for this one. This is back to the standard 250x250 map.
We are the Greeks. I don't move despite being on a bonus grassland tile. I don't want to give up the 2 whale tiles.
Research at minimum begins on naval warfare. Going for a level 2 tech is always a good thing.

3750 BC (5)
The border expansion lets me start to work the whales. The capitol is shield light, so I really need those 2 tiles worked.

3600 BC (9)
(IT) Maghreb completes their UW.

3300 BC (14)
(IT) Arabia completes their UW.

3250 BC (14)
(IT) Britain completes the Colossus.

3200 BC (16)
I make my first contact - the Inca. No trades are possible.

3100 BC (18)
I contact Spain that has the exact same techs as the Inca.

Top Bottom