LK168, Greece, Sid Attempt

1894 AD (1)
Scandinavia has left the game. :dance: :dance:

Greek Infantry kills bows arrives. They rush a hospital in Jaipur.
AT Gun blows up Villista arrives. They rush a hospital in Karachi.

The assault on Sao Paulo begins. I kill 3 villista. (3-0)
I gain $2.

The assault on Salvador begins. I kill 5 villista. (8-0)
I gain $3 and 2 workers.

Operation airfield begins. We will want a lot of these once we are going overseas.

I finally got at least 1 infantry in every city, even if a lot of them are conscripts.

A lot of the Brazilian units are next to cities. I have to kill them at this point.

I kill Scandinavia: 2 ships. (10-0)
I kill Brazil: 1 adventurer, 8 villista, 18 pikes, 4 Tamoio, 16 crossbows, 3 spears, 1 almirnate class and 0 torpedo boats. I lost 1 cruiser. I lost 1 Vickers. (61-1)
I gained 4 partisans.
(IT) Japan and Britain sign a peace treaty.
Maghreb and Brazil sign a peace treaty.

Brazil lost 4 crossbows. (65-1)

We suffer a flip in Brasilia. :mad:

Belo Horizonte is hit by a propaganda campaign.

1895 AD (2)
You know it is late in the game when you are happy to get in another set of computer moves done before logging off for the night.
[End of session 1]
I sign a temporary peace treaty with Maghreb getting $73130 gold from them. I attempt to plant a spy, and fail. Thanks for the huge chunk of gold.
I plant a spy in Egypt.

The assault on Brasilia begins. I kill 3 villista. (68-1)
I gain $67.

The assault on Campinas begins. I kill 3 villista. (71-1)
I gain $70.

The assault on Sao Luiz begins. I kill 2 pikes and 1 villista. (73-1)
I gain $50.

The assault on Goiania begins. I kill 2 villista. (75-1)
I gain $58.

Delete me is found. I swore we could build cities 1 space apart before. It fails this time, so Brazil will live a little longer.

I start to build some filler cities. There is a ton of open space to claim. It is easier to build cities to claim territory, than to conqueror them.
Smoke that tobacco is founded.
Rice-a-roni is founded.
Plain Old Desert is founded.

I continue working on Operation Airfields.

I put that cash from Maghreb to use, and rush a ton of stuff.

I kill Brazil: 7 pikes, 3 crossbows, 4 spears, 2 Tamoio and 1 villista. (92-1)
I gain 1 worker.
(IT) Aztecs and Arabia sign an MPP.
Russia and Egypt sign an MPP.
Canada wants us to sign an MPP giving them a lot of GPT. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Russia declares war on Arabia.
Aztecs declare war on Russia, Korea and Persia.
Japan wants to sign an MPP. I didn't tell him the bad news that war is coming soon.

I kill Brazil: 1 villista and 1 crossbow. (94-1)
I lost 1 infantry. (94-2)
I missed a stack next to a city, and Brazil takes Salvador back stealing $377.
At this point in the game, my favorite message is your borders expanded. Every one of those messages inches us closer to ending it.

1896 AD (3)
The assault on Guarulhos begins. I kill 3 villista. I lost 1 AT gun. (97-3)
I gain $23 and 2 workers.

The assault on Santos begins. I kill 2 villista and 1 tank. I lost 1 tank. (100-4)
I gain $29.

The assault on Salvador begins. I kill 1 villista, 1 crossbow and 3 pikes. (105-4)
I gain $87.
Brazil has left the game. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Should Egypt feel nervous about the fact that I'm building a rail-net toward their cities on our land mass? :evil: :evil: :evil:

I kill Brazil: 1 pike. (106-4)
I kill Egypt: 1 pike and 1 crossbow. (108-4)
I gain 1 partisan.

Should Japan be feeling nervous that because I am starting to load up transports with troops? :devil: :devil: :devil:

The number of resistors is down to 85. With Brazil gone, I hope to reduce that number a lot more. These cities should be good for rushed steamrollers and settlers.
(IT) Egypt declares war on the Aztecs.
Aztecs declare war on Poland.
Poland was caught trying to sabotage production in Buhen.
Egypt and Japan declare war on Turkey. Could they be nice and kill that last city?

1897 AD (4)
The resistor count is down to 29. :) :)

Our fully loaded stack of ships sets sail toward Japan.

Plain and crabby is founded.
Buffalo Wings is founded.
Cold as Ice is founded.

I sink Lowlands: 1 frigate.

[End of session 2]
(IT) Our supply of silks is gone. At this point, I will hire a few more clowns if needed. I want trading with other civs down to zero. I don't want our war options limited on the other land mass.
Germany and Poland sign an MPP.
China was caught trying to plant a spy.

1898 AD (5)
I've finally gotten resistors under control. There are just 9 in the empire.

I call up Egypt, and tell them the bad news. Our newly built tank crews are bored waiting for next round of transport. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
I trip an MPP, and we are at war with Russia.

The assault on Lisht begins. I kill: 2 pikes. (110-4)
I gain $15. I caught some ships in port.

The assault on Asyut begins. I kill: 2 nizam infantry. (112-4)
I gain $15.

Hilltop View is founded.
Pig Iron is founded.
Desert Gem is founded.
I am running out of filler spots. This is good timing. By the time the ships come back, I can be ready to load up a lot more steamrollers for the other land mass. The rails in former Egypt on our landmass should also be done.

I kill Egypt: 1 adventurer, 1 crossbow and 1 pike. (115-4)
(IT) Now our supply of furs goes away.

1899 AD (6)
I dial up Japan, and tell them the bad news. War has begun. It is time to land on the other land mass. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

The assault on Avaris begins. I kill 1 rifle and 1 pike. (117-4)
I gain $19.

The assault on Rabbah begins. I kill 1 rifle and 2 pike. I lost 1 tank. (120-5)
I gain $20.

Tank rushes what arrives. They indirect rush a steamroller in Karachi. I need to use up pop in that city.

The assault of Buto begins. I kill 1 rifle and 1 pike. I lost 1 tank. (122-6)
I gain $21.

Oil by the Lake is founded.
Boringly Plain is founded.
That ends the filler cities for our continent.

I kill Britain: 1 spear. (123-6)
I kill a settler for a worker, and gain an artist.
I kill Egypt: 2 muskets. (125-6)
(IT) Belo Horizonte is hit by propaganda.
I can't believe Japan didn't attack at all.

1900 AD (7)
Overseas Vacation is founded in Japan. It gets a rushed harbor so that next year I can start building rails.
The air force relocates there. Not much for attacking, but plenty for scouting.

I clean up an Ottoman landing by Izmit.
Harley Rides them Down arrives. Istanbul gets an indirect rushed Steamroller. I need to get rid of Turkish population.

I kill Ottoman: 1 musket, 1 Sipahi, 1 horse artillery piece and 1 Grenadier. (129-6)

[End of session 3]

The assault on Izumo begins. I kill 1 infantry and 3 rifles. I lost 1 tank. (133-7)
The city is razed for $0 and 9 workers.

The assault on Nagasaki begins. I kill 2 muskets. (135-7)
The city is razed for $0 and 5 workers.

The assault on Nagoya begins. I kill 1 infantry and 3 rifles. (139-7)
The city is razed for $0 and 9 workers.

This is the end of city razing. I wanted an area where we can spread out and sort troops with zero flip risk.

Have a Drink is founded. Guess what it is next to? It gets an instant barracks rush so that we have a fast healing spot. It gets and instant culture bomb.

Settler Storage Zone is founded. It gets and instant culture bomb.

I kill 2 Japan steamrollers for another 4 workers.

An airport is built by Overseas Vacation. I begin to airlift units to Japan. I confirm that you can't airlift steamrollers. You can airlift settlers. Right now the airports can't keep up, but within 10 turns I expect too many airports to fully use.

Back up Harbor is founded. A harbor is rushed. I would hate to have a stray ship hit knock out our only harbor.

It feels weird to using workers for city development at home. All the rails we need are done.
(IT) The only action I see from Japan is some bombardments.
Bengal has its tank production sabotaged.
Japan declares war on Britain. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Egypt declares war on Britain.

1901 AD (8)
I've been working on overseas railroads.
The assault on Kagoshima begins. I kill 5 rifles and 1 infantry. I lost 1 tank. (146-8)
I gain $3, 2 workers, and 2 zeppelins.

Throw Away is founded.

The assault on Nara begins. I kill 14 rifles, 7 adventurers, 1 musket and 4 infantry. I lost 5 Vickers and 1 tank. (172-14)
I have a ton of injured tanks from this assault. I gain $4 and 1 zeppelin. I destroy ships in port.

First Overseas Leader arrives. They indirect rush a steamroller in Kagoshima.
Vickers Mark Leader arrives. They indirect rush a steamroller in Nara.
The bottleneck at this point is units and rails. This gets us some help with rails. A 1/2 strength steamroller is better than nothing.

The assault on Texcoco begins. I kill 2 rifles. (174-14)
I gain $3.

I kill Japan: 1 steamroller, 1 artillery piece, 1 Mikasa class and 2 steamers. (179-14)
I gained 3 workers.

I kill Britain: 1 steamroller. (180-14)
I gained 2 workers.
I'm glad I sent the lawyers over.
[End of session 4]
(IT) Germany and Arabia sign a peace treaty.
Schechem is hit by 5 enslavers. The infantry survived with just 1 HP. (185-14)
I see why so little resistance from Japan. They are at war with the Aztecs right next to them.

1902 AD (9)
I load 50+ tanks onto our steamers. Once this next shipment makes it overseas, things should speed up. It doesn't feel like we need them at this point, but I load 20+ steamrollers on the ships. I'd rather have too many workers overseas, than not enough. I still have a good chunk at home for city optimization.

Some of the former Nubian cities are terrible for development. I'm shaving multiple turns off of tank production.

I kill another enslaver by Schechem. (186-14)
I kill Japan: 1 adventurer, 2 infantry, 4 rifles and 1 Suma class. (194-14)
(IT) We are bombed by several zeppelins.
Our next enemy of the Aztecs wants to start a 20-turn deal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1903 AD (10)
The assault on Malinalco begins. I kill 3 rifles. (197-14)
I gain $6. I don't find any zeppelins. I thought this is where they were coming from.

Lawyer Dan Fielding arrives. I rush another indirect steamroller.

The assault on Calixthahuaca begins. I kill 2 rifles and 3 muskets. I lost 2 tanks. (202-14)
I gain $6. I gain 1 zeppelin.

The assault on Osaka begins. I kill 1 infantry and 2 rifles. I lost 1 tank. (205-15)
I gain $10. It comes with the obsolete Himeji Castle.

The assault on Hakodate begins. I kill 1 rifles and 1 Asian HMG. (207-15)
I gain $7. It gets a culture bomb.

I'm now glad I sent more steamrollers over in the ships. I didn't expect Japan to fold this quick. I was expecting several turns of wiping out the initial troop wave.
The tank losses have been higher than expected, so those new 50+ tanks will be nice.

The assault on Edo begins. I kill 2 infantry, 1 crossbow, 3 archers, 1 chariot and 5 spears. (219-15)
I lost 3 tanks. Two of them were to demonic spearman. (219-18)
I gain $11. I gained 1 zeppelin.

I kill Japan: 1 Asian HMG, 2 steamrollers, 1 partisan, 5 infantry, 4 rifles, 8 muskets, 1 camel, 1 Suma class, and 2 steamers. (244-18)
I lost: 1 tank. (244-19)
I kill: 1 lawyer. (245-19)
I gained 6 workers.
[End of session 5]

The overseas staging area. Note the city with barracks.

The progress versus Japan so far:

Summary:

Japan and the Aztecs have beating each other up. Once Japan is gone, the Aztecs are clearly the next target.

City optimization is still worthwhile at home. I have gotten multiple cities to shave a turn or more off of tank production.

City building is down to barracks, settlers, steamrollers, and troops with rare exceptions. We are in endgame mode. Unless a building will shave time off of military builds, it isn't worth it. I've been using our spare cash to keep rushing steamrollers / settlers.

We have gone from 27.4% land to 33.8% land. The halfway point has been crossed to victory. This is despite the fact I had several low fighting turns. All those filler cities are starting to pay off. Once they get expansion #3 that should really help.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe (up)
Elephantium (on deck)
Greebley

Attachments

• LK168-1903AD.SAV
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
:goodjob: nice start on annexing Japan.

I got it.

EDIT: I did not find an airport in Japan. Did I miss an Airfield or Airport?

Last edited:
EDIT: I did not find an airport in Japan. Did I miss an Airfield or Airport?

Look next to Overseas Vacation. You will find another stack of 20+ units that landed.

Who should we take on after the Aztecs? Russia is weak, and they're the road to the Maghreb with all their Wonders.

OTOH, hitting Britain first will make it easier to defend our territory gains as we advance.

Who should we take on after the Aztecs? Russia is weak, and they're the road to the Maghreb with all their Wonders.

At this point I want contiguous empire. My vote would be Britain. The Aztec luxury city is between British cities. I want another secure happy resource.

Also, a war with Britain would let us kill there cities on OUR land mass.

Based on the terrain, Britain is an easier target than Maghreb. We might even continue going south of Britain and getting to Italy.. Avoiding the Maghreb and annexing weaker targets.

IIRC Italy also has a city or two on our land mass.

Top Bottom