LK70 - Semi-passive 20K city, emperor, Portugal

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
Difficulty = Emperor
Civilization = Portugal
Continents (60%), Warm, Wet, 5 billion
Sedentary barbs
World Size = Small

Signed up:
LKendter
Open slot
Open slot
Open slot
Open slot

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
>> Starting with LK68 the LK series is on patch 1.22.

The variant rules - this is meant to be a semi-passive cultural win game as much as possible.

1) During despotism we must cave to all demands.

2) After despotism we have the right to refuse demands beyond cash / world map. However, our civ dislikes war. Is the item worth fighting over?

3) We may not demand other AI civs leave our territory, except for a clear sneak attack. If the Zulu and Vikings are fighting each other going through our territory we allow it.

4) Once spies arrive, we many only plant spies, and steal techs. I don't want other actions that are designed mainly to encourage war.

5) If the AI starts a war due to a refused demand we are PROHIBTED from signing alliances, and must accept peace when it is offered for free.

6) Any other war started buy the AI allows use to sign an alliance during the first turn of the war ONLY. As soon as the alliance expire (20 turns or peace by the AI), then we must accept peace when it is offered for free.

7) We may not declare war except to prevent a very close AI win. This would cover things such as space launch shortly, to close cultural 80K, etc. If you are in doubt if this rule can be used, then ask my intention if it falls under this rule.

8) When in doubt about actions please think about the spirit of the game.

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

RoP Rape - if you have to ask...

RoP Abuse that includes things such as irrigating all tiles with a city building wonders, denying resources with a RoP, putting a unit to block a land bridge, etc.

Scout resource denial - parking a scout on a resource, as the AI won't ask scouts to leave. The same scenario also applies to workers.

False Peace Treaties (must wait for the 20 years to end).

The negative science exploit - you can run a huge deficit (-250 / turn) of negative cash with a token penalty of one lost worker / cheap building. If cash will go below zero, the research level must be dropped.

Ship chaining exploit - you can move a ship, unload troops to another ship, move that ship, etc. This allows you to ship an indefinite distance, and that is why I consider it an exploit.

Resources disconnect / connect exploit - I consider most resource tactics fine. Delaying to hook a resource, trading it away etc is fine. The exploit is to do this every turn. Build a stack of horses, connect saltpeter, upgrade to cavalry, and disconnect.

Palace Jump - You abandon the capital city to move the palace to a new location. If you want to move the palace, build a new palace.

Standard LK house rules:
1) Worker automation of any kind is prohibited.
2) No worker purchases during the first 50 turns to avoid civ crippling.
3) Declaring war / demanding leave solely for the purpose of getting out of trade deals. This includes nonsense spying simply to force a war. Stealing techs is fine.
4) Even if not covered under exploits listed, please try not to use tactics that take advantage of holes in the game design.
5) Our trading reputation is golden - please respect it.
6) Complete your turn. It is frustrating to get a 1/2 completed turn.

LKendter
microbe
meldor
Open slot
Open slot

I would be interested. though I will be away next week. If that's ok, I'll sign on. :)

LKendter
microbe
meldor
Sir Len Taft (skip July 4 to July 10)
Open slot

Just one slot left, and this one gets started.

Skip from July 1 to July 10 instead, as I'm leaving tomorrow...just in case this gets going really quickly.

LKendter
microbe
meldor
Sir Len Taft (skip July 1 to July 10)
-0blivion-

I will get this puppy started tonight.

4000 BC
Lisbon is formed.

We pop a hut and get Bronze Working for free.

3900 BC
We pop a hut and get a settler. [dance] [dance]
You have got to love expansionist.

3800 BC
(IT) It is very atypical, but I build a worker out of the capitol. You can't develop the 20K city fast enough.

3750 BC
We pop another hut and get the boring skilled warrior. I will let him be MP for 20K

20K-Oporto is formed.

3650 BC
We pop another hut and get warrior code.

3500 BC
The civ you don't want as a neighbor appears - Persia. We ship them Alphabet, and get Masonry and $5 in return.

We just beat Persia to popping a hut, but all we get is $25.

3350 BC
We find another hut and get $25 again.

3250 BC
You knew there has to be bad news. The Ivory patch is next to the Persian capitol.

3000 BC
(IT) At least the Persians are below us for the moment on the power scale.

2800 BC
We have first contact with Carthage. There are no possible trades.

Summary:
The bad news is Persia has already connected iron. The good news is Carthage as a strong UU. I hope they beat each other up for awhile.

The good news is 20K-Oporto has already completed a temple. 20K-Oporto has an excellent growth curve growth every 4 turns. It has 63 shields of the needed 400 shields already. With 7 bonus grassland tiles the city is a shield powerhouse. The only trouble is two workers are struggling to improve the tiles as fast as we can grow.

The warrior is heading toward 20K-Oporto to add a 2nd mp. With the push for ASAP size 12 we need every piece of happy help we can get.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Meldor
-0blivion-

The variant rules - this is meant to be a semi-passive cultural win game as much as possible.

2) After despotism we have the right to refuse demands beyond cash / world map. However, our civ dislikes war. Is the item worth fighting over?

3) We may not demand other AI civs leave our territory, except for a clear sneak attack. If the Zulu and Vikings are fighting each other going through our territory we allow it.

4) Once spies arrive, we many only plant spies, and steal techs. I don't want other actions that are designed mainly to encourage war.

5) If the AI starts a war due to a refused demand we are PROHIBTED from signing alliances, and must accept peace when it is offered for free.

6) Any other war started buy the AI allows use to sign an alliance during the first turn of the war ONLY. As soon as the last alliance expires (20 turns or peace by the AI), then we must accept peace when it is offered for free.

7) We may not declare war except to prevent a very close AI win. This would cover things such as space launch shortly, to close cultural 80K, etc. If you are in doubt if this rule can be used, then ask my intention if it falls under this rule.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/LK70-2150BC.zip

The below are the proposed new cities.
Red dot - if you have to ask...
Yellow dot - it has decent growth from the wheat, and some bonus grassland tiles.
Grey lines - wasted tiles.
Blue dot - it is the best location to avoid too much wastage of tiles near the capitol.
Pink dot - it needs water badly, but I would like to claim at least one luxury.

preturn: Nothing to do.

(1)2110BC: Persia has 2 sources of iron already! This is crazy.

IBT warrior->curragh.

(2)2070BC: Carthage gets Wheel.

(3)2030BC: Found our 3rd city.

(4)1990BC: 20K city grows to size 6 and lux to 40.

IBT Curragh->settler.

(5)1950BC: Somehow lux can drop to 30.

(6)1910BC: I guess no other civs on our continent. Time for suicide curraghs only..

(7)1870BC:
IBT Persia starts Pyramids.

(8)1830BC:

(9)1790BC: Lux has to be 40 as 20K grows to size 7.

IBT Persia demands CB, and I give to him.

(10)1750BC: Our suicide curragh will get to the other continent if it survives this turn! [dance]

I think we should send more MPs to Oporto so we could lower the lux.

Persia will probably demand again. We should build some military. I don't want to give Writing to him..so I set Lisbon to rax for now.

We'll have horses connected soon.

We should build some military. I don't want to give Writing to him..so I set Lisbon to rax for now.
Yellow dot should be able to pump out military soon.

We'll have horses connected soon.
I agree we need them, but after this we better get two workers for the 20K city again. We are getting competetion for the Pyramids now. Our edge is size 7, but we want all tiles developed.

=================================

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Meldor (currently playing)
-0blivion- (on deck)

6) Any other war started buy the AI allows use to sign an alliance during the first turn of the war ONLY. As soon as the last alliance expires (20 turns or peace by the AI), then we must accept peace when it is offered for free.

We need to head toward any tech that gives wonders / culture. The worst thing that could happen is to build a 350 shield barracks. We don't have a lot of back up right now if we miss the Pyramids. I just hope the workers can catch up to growth so that we can be at max wonder building.

Critical techs are writing to open up Literature. We really want the right to build a library, along with the Great Library. Everything we do has to be to give us multiple choices for wonders.
IMHO Writing to Literature. With 20K wonders are more important then anything else.

Philosophy is also a very cheap tech. I forget how many turns left for Pyramids, but I really doubt anyone can build it before we get Philosophy. Then we can take Lit as free tech? The only drawback I can see is then we'd have two wonder techs that AI might demand.

1750 BC (0)
Not sure I like the Rax in Lisbon, but the other option is a worker or settler. I have another turn to think on it. We have 30 turns left on the Pyramids.
(I) Watch a Persian settler move south, that is good.

1725 BC (1)
Our boat makes it and we met the Mayans. They are up writing and won't part with it. Our scouts continue to scout.
(I)Nada

1700 BC (2)
Zeres has writing. We take it for Mysticism and his 10 gold. Better us than Hannibal. I start us on Philosophy due in 13 at -2gpt. I change my mind and swap Lisbon to a settler. I think I will then hit it for another worker.

1625 BC (5)
Lisbon, settler and back to Rax.

1550 BC (8)
Build the city of Lagos.
(I)Carthage demands 21g, we cave.

1525 BC (9)
Build the city of Emerita. Oporto grew so lux goes up until the worker can hook up the incense
(I) Lisbon Worker->Rax

1500 BC (8)
Nothing else happens. We are down Math to Cartage and Persia. PHilosophy is due in 7. Pyramids due in 17.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/LK70-1500BC.zip

Top Bottom