LK84 - Civ=Arabia, Deity, 3 city Rubble claimers

microbe said:
I probably have made a :smoke: move in selling saltpeter to Rome as I didn't realize we could have done it to Aztecs (why didn't we do it?).
With the Aztec a lot bigger I agree they would have paid a lot more. All the goodies you sent to Rome probably had little GPT value. However, we did get the very difficult to get Nationalism.

Signed up:
LKendter (currently playing)
Meldor (on deck)
Gozpel
Kaiser_Berger
Microbe

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
Variant rules - We may build our first 3 cities anywhere. Any city after that must be built on former city rubble. We can be the rubble cause, or the AI. Even if the location is stupid we can't move even one from the rubble.
The nature of this variant prohibits the capture of AI cities. We may NOT claim a rubble site from a city we abandoned.
We may not accept cities from a peace treaty.

1350 AD
We aren't ready for a Greece war yet, so I am hoping for some quite builder turns. With how strong the Greek culture is I don't know how many more quite turns we will have.

1360 AD
(IT) I watch a monster stack of Greek units walking into our territory. However, based on the movement path I think they are about to start another war with the Aztecs. :dance:

1365 AD
Suhar is formed and the last piece of rubble from Japan is claimed.

1370 AD
I send the Aztecs Sanitation, Saltpeter, Dyes and Spices. In return I get Electric Power, $48 and wm.
I sell Greece Sanitation for $953. This will let me upgrade a lot of units to rifles.

Our rep is trashed . The Aztecs pillaged every tile around Rome. The only reason I got the deal from the Aztecs is cause they were fighting Rome and didn't care.

(IT) Now we have to hope the fight to a stalemate as the both have Replaceable Parts.

:eek: I have spotted Greek AIRPORTS. :eek:

Summary:
Our military is greatly improved as most of our defenders are now at least rifles. The military rail-net is completed. Hospitals are coming on-line and some cities are building military every other turn.

We really need Replaceable Parts for infantry, artillery and faster workers. A single pollution square has wasted way to many worker turns.

Signed up:
LKendter
Meldor (currently playing) Finds out if we have the critical rubber.
Gozpel (on deck)
Kaiser_Berger
Microbe

Variant rules - We may build our first 3 cities anywhere. Any city after that must be built on former city rubble. We can be the rubble cause, or the AI. Even if the location is stupid we can't move even one from the rubble.
The nature of this variant prohibits the capture of AI cities. We may NOT claim a rubble site from a city we abandoned.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/LK84-1400AD.zip

Our rep is trashed . The Aztecs pillaged every tile around Rome. The only reason I got the deal from the Aztecs is cause they were fighting Rome and didn't care.

I shouldn't have made the trade with Rome. Despite the 1-tile city, as long as the capital is disconnected it's a broken deal. Lesson learned.

1400 AD (0)
We are between a rock and a hard place. The Aztecs are sitting at 40% land and 48% pop. Rome only has two cities left and I don't see the second one lasting. Once they get some expansion they are going to be higher. The last time they werre at war with the Greeks, they fought to a stand still and the Aztecs were distracted by the Romans. I think the Roman units will come pouring in after they capture the last Roman city on the landmass. On the other hand, the Greeks are sitting at 55156 Culture which looks to be about 40% of the culture in the game and the Aztecs won't stop a culture win by them. I think the culture win is a lot farther off than the Aztec dominance win. IMO, we should side with the Greeks against the Aztecs (non-alliance). But first we will need about 5 infantry in all cities less than 5 squares from a border. With that in mind, I sell the Greeks furs for 22gpt and RoP. I won't allow us to tirm a turn off the research but gives us more money for upgrading our rifles. I pick up three techs from the Romans for the two we are up them. The techs don't really matter but then neither do the Romans anymore. We can probably grab democracy or facism from them for RP.
(I) The Aztecs finish off the last Roman city and a ton of units show up on the front. They have one stack that you havae to scroll the more to get to the bottom. They and the Greeks waste units for naught. Mosul temple->Rax, Baghdad Rifle->Hospital

1405 AD (1)
The Greeks are at 55419 Culture, that is 263cpt. A safe rate for a while, we will have to keep an eye on it.
(I) The Aztecs spare the Romans in their last city. The gems deal with the Greeks runs out. I renew and they throw in 1 gpt, that is better than last turn when they wouldn't do gpt for nothing. Lots of units die. Kufah Hospital->Rifle, Medina Hospital->Cav

1410 AD (2)
We now have enough cash to turn science up a notch and trim a turn off of the research.
(I) Mecca Colosseum->Army, Muscat Settler->Courthouse, Fustat Market->Courthouse, Basra Courthouse->Market.

1415 AD (3)
Start a settler stack in anticipation of expansion.
(I) Medina Cav->Colosseum, Shiraz Settler->Settler

1420 AD (4)
Try to squeeze another turn off, but it can't be done.
(I) Damascus HE->Colosseum, Baghdad Hospital->Rifleman.

1425 AD (5)
(I) We get RP and start on Corporation due in 9. Kufah Rifle->Infantry.

1430 AD (6)
We have 3 rubber at Medina, Damascus, and Fustat. The Greeks don't have rubber. We can't get a tech for it, but we do get 58gpt, that is 2 rifle->infantry upgrades per turn. It also may help the Greeks with the Aztecs. RP gets us Democracy and 2gpt form the Romans, that completes the 2 upgrades per turn. I start upgrading our rifles.
(I) Medina Colosseum->Infantry, Balkh Aqueduct->Market, Baghdad Infantry->Infantry.

1435 AD (7)
Back to the upgrades and worker moves. We have 7 more turns to get ready to help the Greeks and maybe by then they will have blunted the Aztec forces. So far it is a tie.
(I) The Freeks finally take a city from the Aztecs. I don't know if I like the fact that there are 2 Aztec infantry headed in a direction that isn't at the Greeks. Bayt Ras Temple->Settler.

1440 AD (8)
The city that is in the direct line to the Aztec infantry is Balkh. I will get an infantry in it and see if they turn away.
(I) The Greeks hold the city and the Aztec infantry in our area moves back away. Medina Infantry->Infantry, Damascus Colosseum->Infantry, Baghdad Infantry->Infantry,

1445 AD (9)
Upgrades and worker movements.
(I)Kufah Infantry->Artillery, Bukhara Temple->Courthouse

1450 AD (10)
We are up to 18 infantry and we still have 14 more rifles to update. I was doing them in Baghdad 3 a turn. We need 2 more armies ageter the current one is built so we can build the pentagon. We can build Battlefield Medicine now, if we find it useful.

I think the culture win is a lot farther off than the Aztec dominance win. IMO, we should side with the Greeks against the Aztecs (non-alliance).

48% of the world is controlled Greece and the Arabs. Unless Greece starts to collapse the Aztecs can't win by domination. The Greek culture win is not much of a threat anymore as the Aztecs are more than 1/2 and gaining. I would be just as happy to let them both burn troops a big longer while we get more infantry and the critical artillery.

IMO both scenarios are not that much a danger. IMO I would sit on the side unless a clear winner appears.

Signed up:
LKendter
Meldor
Gozpel (currently playing)
Kaiser_Berger (on deck)
Microbe

Pre-turn - Make some small changes, like hiring some engineers and up science a notch.

1455AD - Nothing.

1460AD - Mighty Rome join Greece against Monty.

I try to sell them something for their 350g, but they don't want any.

1465AD - Aztecs capture Ankuwa from Greeks, who takes it back immediately. I want rubble.

Caesar demands iron? Ah well, we might need some target practice before the real wars.

1470AD - We learn Corporation.

Crunchtime. I give Monty every resource and lux we have available plus 368gpt for Refining, Scientific Method and Ironclads and then tell them to leave our territory. Of course they declare. (Isn't this a bit exploitive?)

Max possible research on Steel is 70%, due in 12 turns.

Seriously, 16 trebs and cannons plus the one artillery manages to take off one hp of an aztec infantry. The upgrade cost is 120g for cannons and 150g for trebs. I think it was microbe that said it's better to disband them than upgrading them.

Swapped 5 cities to Stock Exchanges.

1475AD - Aztecs send in some cavs near Yamama.

Our rusty cannons and trebs do a better job against the cavs.

3 elites kill redlined cavs and the third produce a leader. Rush Battlefield Medicine in Damascus.

Decide that we need another cav-army and we built an army a couple of turns back. No reason to save it for tanks, we can build more armies.

Kill 4 more cavs.

1480AD - Around 30 infantries and 8 cavs shows up :)

Lose elite cav against redlined infantry, next elite wins another leader. New army and hopefully we can get another leader for Pentagon.

We lose 2 cavs taking out a stack of 7 cavs, but at least we got a couple of promotions.

1485AD - Kill 2 cavs and an infantry, lose elite horseman.

2 stacks of infantries are N of Yamama, a total of 45 units. We need those artilleries.

1490AD - Rome land a couple of units.

Kill a couple of infantries and steal an artie. :banana:

Bombard the roman units and try our elite AW, he lose 4 straight and then kill a guerilla. Guess what? Another leader, he will rush something, I think we should wait for Wall Street. Our Stock markets will finish in 3 turns.

1495AD - Join 4 native workers in cities. I think our slaves can do the job now.

I make peace with Rome, giving them SM for their 337g. I'm not going to spend the gold, we'll need it for Wall Street.

1500AD - Not much.

One more Stock Exchange to go, it finish next turn. The leader is near Mecca.

The aztec units walked back and forth, undecided what or who to attack.

We have 2 native workers left, join them to cities.

What are we doing with our cannons and trebs? Upgrade them will cost a fortune and they are pretty weak. I have a few cities on artie-builds, so we might as well disband the older units in favor of artilleries? If we upgrade any it should be the free ones.

Coal-plants?

Steel in 5 turns.

What are we doing with our cannons and trebs? Upgrade them will cost a fortune and they are pretty weak. I have a few cities on artie-builds, so we might as well disband the older units in favor of artilleries? If we upgrade any it should be the free ones.
I would NOT disband the freebies. They probably won't hit, but they are worth keeping since they may get lucky. If we can afford any upgrades, I would do the freebies.

Coal-plants?
I looked at the game and Greece LACKS Atomic Theory. We have a debate if we make an attempt toward electronics for Hoover, or stick with the push toward tanks. I hate the extra pollution, but we may need to build at least some coal plants.

Signed up:
LKendter
Meldor
Gozpel
Kaiser_Berger (currently playing)
Microbe (on deck)

Preturn- We look good.

IT- Lots of Aztecs show up. Watch Greece get a leader. Renew RoP with Greece.

T1 1505

Rush Wall Street in Medina. Bombard the Aztec stacks as much as possible, with the cannons and trebs actually hitting a few times.

IT- Renogiate our gems deal with Greece, gaining one gpt.

T2 1510

Redline an Aztec stack, but not much else that can be done. I'm not going to risk our cavs against infantry on hills.

IT- See Greece marching flak back through our territory.

T3 1515

More of the same. Hopefully Greece can kills off some of these wounded units.

IT- Greek marines do manage to mow down some infantry.

T4 1520

Greece has Atomic Theory now. Bring more Aztecs close to death. If Greece keeps going in and taking them out like this, we may actually be able to go on the offensive in a while.

IT- We learn steel, start on Combustion (12 turns)

T5 1525

Greece now has enough units on the border that I feel confident enought to try some offense. Move two of our armies and all our arty to Hattusas.

IT- Aztecs get plenty of troops into our territory, but they are quickly cut down by Greek marines.

T6 1530

Te defenders of Hattusas are redlined, so in move our armies. We win four consecutive battles and raze the city with the Hanging Gardens. Thanks to the much appreciated stack of settlers, we have one ready to found next turn :)

IT- Renew our rubber deal with Greece, gaining 14gpt.

T7 1535

Taif founded on the rubble.

IT- Aztecs continue to lose gorund and units.

T8 1540

Fight off a couple Aztecs.

IT- More of the same.

T9 1545

Nothing too much. SoD for Hattusha is ready.

T10 1550

SoD is now in place.

Summary

With 4 cav armies and 20+ arty covering them, you should be able to have some fun at Hattusha and beyond. The Aztecs seem a bit gassed from the Greeks. We should keep pushing. As long as we keep going we should never have to deal with a war with Greece.

As long as we keep going we should never have to deal with a war with Greece.
We will HAVE to fight Greece if the Aztecs take to much of a beating to stop an 80K win.

==============================

LKendter (on deck)
Meldor
Gozpel
Kaiser_Berger
Microbe (currently playing)

preturn: looks like we are short of workers as I see 3 pollutions.

IBT 4 Aztec cavs enter our territory and are mostly taken care of by Greece.

1555AD: Disband all native trebs.

Kill two infantry and raze Hattusha, two slaves and one artillery. Settler sent in to claim next turn.

Lose a cav to redlined infantry so decide not to risk and let Greece take care of them.

Merw with a factory is stuck at size-6, so switch to aqueduct in 2. It doesn't even have a market!

1565AD: Kill 3 infantry and raze Ugarit. Rush temple in Hama.

Incense is connected.

1570AD: look at this. :lol:

One turn into Combustion so buy by 12g. Mass Production in 8 turns.

IBT Rome and Aztecs make peace. Aztecs and Greece kill each other. Greece starts UN. :eek: It means it's got tanks too.

1575AD: kill 4 infantry and raze Tula.

IBT we lose a cav and a cannon that I forgot to cover.

1580AD: found Sana'a. Kill 2 infantry and raze Hubishna but army drops to 2hp!

Our territory has surpassed Aztecs.

Rush a settler.

1585AD: Found Shihr. I have to use 3 armies to take out Xochicalco. We have our 5th army.

IBT we build Pentagon.

1590AD: build New Mecca.

1595AD: raze Teotihuacan. raze Tlacopan.

1600AD: move settler into place to found.

Note:
1. The settler IS on a rubble which has been roaded by the slaves. Found the town next turn directly.
2. We can raze Lxtapaluca next turn. The other stack is heading for Pisae for the oil.
3. I would focus on the south Aztec territory. Let Greece handle its core. We do not want to weaken Aztecs too much so leave its core alone and claim the south (ex-Rome).

We are 2 turns from Mass Production. After getting tanks we can consider doing some damage to Greece? Before then, we need to keep them at war. I have not seen a tank from Greece yet, because it has no oil!

3 armies are healing in Mosul.

We have 35% of the world. Aztec still has much more than half of Greece's culture.

Signed up:
LKendter (currently playing)
Meldor (on deck)
Gozpel
Kaiser_Berger
Microbe

1600 AD
We must have that oil location, so the Aztec war will continue for the moment. However, I feel Greece is the threat now. They are gaining culture way to fast vs. the Aztecs and every destroyed Aztec city increases that lead.

I make corrections to some cities such as Muscat is configured to zero growth despite an aqueduct.
Civil engineers don't always pay. Yamama is building Aqueduct with 2 of them. I fire them getting the aqueduct in same amount of turns, but gaining 2 gold. They usually work the best in really high corruption cities.

:confused: I find 11 workers clearing a forest on a tile that NO city can use.
(IT) I let the RoP with Greece expire. I want that option to declare war on them.

The total damage by the Aztecs is to steal a lone worker.

1605 AD
Ixtapaluca is a pile of rubble. We get $25 and 5 workers for our bother.

Mecca is already an absurd size 25. I start mining so that we can build armies faster.

I can only turn science down 10%. I would have liked a bigger cash block for upgrading the last of our rifles / muskets.

1610 AD
The loss of Greek gems really doesn't hurt. I don't renew to keep our options open.

New Damascus is formed.

Pisae is turned into rubble for $25 and 4 workers.

1620 AD
The rail gap to former Rome is fixed, so the offensive can begin again.

Lugdunum is auto-razed for $16.

1625 AD
:confused: There is a Greek cavalry leaving the former Roman territory?

New Baghdad is formed to become the oil city. I merge in 2 Japanese workers so that I can complete a temple in 6 turns. We will be able to build tanks 5 turns after the research completes. :D

1630 AD
Greece has OIL! They captured an Aztec source.
Greece will offer $5/turn for Rubber. My answer to him is "bite me".

Veii is turned into rubble for $23, 5 workers and an artillery piece.
New Najran is formed.

1635 AD
Rome is burnt to the ground for $24, 4 workers and 3 artillery pieces. :D
Pompeii is auto-razed for $16.

New Kufah is formed and we have a source of Ivory.

1640 AD
New Basra is formed.

Cumae is auto-razed. Neapolis is auto-razed for $17. Hispalis is razed for $17 and 1 lousy worker. I am destroying cities faster then I can get the needed settlers.
(IT) Greece completes the UN. Somehow I doubt there will be a vote.

1645 AD
In the one lousy turn the Greeks had oil and rubber the started some tanks.

New Khurasan is formed.

Lutetia is razed for $17. Viroconium is razed for $18.

1650 AD
I just saw a Greek Tow Infantry. :eek:

New Anjar is built.

Ravenna is razed for $19 and 2 workers. Antium is razed for $20 and 1 worker.

Summary:
I am sure Greece is building bombers. If they get an Aztec rubber source...

We need to decide how much more is worth taking from the Aztecs. We can't win without taking it to Greece. Do we want the Aztecs helping to burn Greek units?

Signed up:
LKendter
Meldor (currently playing) Well if he already wasn't feasting...
Gozpel (on deck)
Kaiser_Berger
Microbe

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/LK84-1650AD.zip

Greece has OIL! They captured an Aztec source.

I didn't know that Greece doesn't have rubber. They seemed to have it during our turns. Or were we selling to them?

We need to turn to Greece as soon as we get a few tanks, or even before then. I'd make peace with Aztecs and focus on Greece. And get rid of its access to oil or rubber. I see us only need Computers after that.

Keep Aztecs at war with Greece to avoid a diplo loss.

1650 AD (0)
We need to fill those holes ASAP. For that we need settlers now. I swap Merw from Harbor to settler. I then rush the Courthouses in Fez and Mansura for less than 50g each. Swap Bukhara to a settler and rush it for 52g. It wastes a few shields but I swap Muscat to a settler as well.
(I) We get MotTran and start Flight due in 10. Muscat Settler->Factory, Tabuk Settler->Settler, Mansura Courthouse->Settler, Merw Settler-Harbor Bukhara Settler-Rax, Fez Courthouse->Settler. New Baghdad Temple->Arty, Baghdad Inf->Inf

1655 AD (1)
We need oil to build tanks, so guess where the next settler is going. I don't think we want to do much more to the Aztecs. I make peace with them for Espionage and 408g. They don't have MassProd, but won't pay anything for it, they muxt be close. I short rush two more settlers. Use the rest of the Aztec money to rush some temples.
(I) The Greeks land a settler in the former Roman lands. Kufah Inf->IntelAgency, Medina and Damascus Arty->Arty, Balkh Rax->Inf, Mansura and Fez Settler->Market, Mecca, Shihr, Sana'a and New Medina Temple->Arty

1660 AD (2)
Swap INf builds over to tanks. Move two settlers inot place, hope the Greeks don't settler where they landed. Settle 3 more sities, 1 or 2 to go depended on the Greeks. Start moving armies to block the Greeks from moving across our lands.
(I)The stinking Greeks settle in place and we lose the race to one of the rubble spots. Baghdad Tank->Tank, Najran Commercial Dock->Tank,

1665 AD (3)
Clean pollution.
(I) Medina Tank->Tank, Aden Coal Plant->Tank, Damascus Arty->Arty, Merw Harbor->Bank

1670 AD (4)
Not much
(I) The Romans ally with the Greeks. Mecca Army->Army, Suhar Harbor->Arty, Baghdad Tank->Tank, New Damascus Temple->Arty

1675 AD (5)
The Aztecs will deal now. I swap MotTran and Iron for flight, that will help them with the Greeks. They don't have oil, so I ship it to them cheap, 75g, wm and 1gpt. We are now on Atomic Theory due in 13. We have all their techs except the governments. The Greeks are of course way ahead.
(I) Medina Tank->Tank, Damascus Arty->Arty, Balkh Tank->Tank

1680 AD (6)
Finish filling our first Tanks army and waiting for the Greeks to clear enough to declare.
(I) Temple->Arty, Aden Tank->Tank, Aydab Harbor->Arty, Baghdad and Najran Tank->Tank

1685 AD (7)
Worker fun.
(I) Medina Tank->Tank, Damascus Arty->Arty, Bukhara Rax->Market

1690 AD (8)
Clean tons of pollution.
(I) Baghdad Tank->Tank

1695 AD (9)
I send the Aztecs Rubber for chump change. I want them burning up as many Greek units as possible.
(I) Mecca Army->Army, Medina, Balkh and Aden Tank->Tank, Damascus Arty->Arty

1700 AD (10)
I don't fill the army, incase you want to use the double attacks before you fill the army. The Greek units are out of our core, except for two. However, there are 31 units in the middle area.

The Greek oil has to be in one of the former Aztec cities, those are the ones I would go after first.

This one shouldn't get back to me.

Signed up:
LKendter
Meldor
Gozpel (currently playing)
Kaiser_Berger (on deck)
Microbe

Top Bottom